Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
4* baze is arena capable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Look, it's all very well giving us double drops but can you please, please loving introduce the double drop at the same time as the main refresh :argh:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
FYI you're nuts if you aren't farming dark side 9C now.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

FYI you're nuts if you aren't farming dark side 9C now.

Normal or hard? Normal doesn't seem to have anything my toons particularly need right now, and hard I'm currently stuck on 9-B. Fuckin' level 86 Resistance assholes.

As for the first part, I'm pretty terrible at recognizing what gear is what, and still have to rely on the game telling me who needs what and where to find it.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Normal or hard? Normal doesn't seem to have anything my toons particularly need right now, and hard I'm currently stuck on 9-B. Fuckin' level 86 Resistance assholes.

As for the first part, I'm pretty terrible at recognizing what gear is what, and still have to rely on the game telling me who needs what and where to find it.

Hard. It has Ghost, and two reasonably well needed pieces of gold gear.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

Hard. It has Ghost, and two reasonably well needed pieces of gold gear.

Ah. drat. Maybe I'll throw myself against the killing field again to try and unlock it.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

thrawn527 posted:

Ah. drat. Maybe I'll throw myself against the killing field again to try and unlock it.

I was having trouble with 9B until I changed my team and got to borrow a Zader. I was able to 3* it that way. 9C is just Chewie and raid Han so it's not particularly hard

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea why that loving ewok scout node is so hard to 3-star, but yeah, it took me a couple tries even with my loving sick-house darkside squads.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Crumbletron posted:

I was having trouble with 9B until I changed my team and got to borrow a Zader. I was able to 3* it that way. 9C is just Chewie and raid Han so it's not particularly hard

Huh. You know what, I just got a Zader recently and I forgot to try this level again since then. Be right back...

...and beaten. Thanks!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I got up to 9B just yesterday and holy god Rey just gets to go first and annihilate anyone she wants.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I just had an incredibly dumb "oh poo poo" moment where after a year of playing this and using Boba in arena for a large chunk of that, i found out that Execute scales off regular buffs too and not just debuffs

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

I just had an incredibly dumb "oh poo poo" moment where after a year of playing this and using Boba in arena for a large chunk of that, i found out that Execute scales off regular buffs too and not just debuffs

He's loving great for popping Zavage/Chirrut.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Yeah I've been planning out a Rebel team and an Empire team and a Sith team...and almost each time I have this moment where I think, "drat, I could really use Boba right about now."

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

I kept seeing him mentioned for dealing with Chirrut but I never understood why until I read his ability description closely again. :downs:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
He's the definition of a counter-character in the current meta. Good to have him as a flex, but he definitely doesn't define the meta by himself.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Crumbletron posted:

I kept seeing him mentioned for dealing with Chirrut but I never understood why until I read his ability description closely again. :downs:

Did you know he can target off the taunt with all of his abilities too? Not just his basic? I didn't for months and I still sometimes forget.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

fishtobaskets posted:

Did you know he can target off the taunt with all of his abilities too? Not just his basic? I didn't for months and I still sometimes forget.

Yeah that confused me the first time I saw it. "Wait, why am I still targeting....wait....ohhhhhhhh. That owns."

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

My favorite way of popping Zavage is still Zader + Baze. Get 20 dots on him and he'll kill himself.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

fishtobaskets posted:

I'm the opposite where I'll forget it's conditional on his buff and wonder why I can't target someone else :v:

I need to give another try at clearing some of these LS stage 9 HMs so I can start trying for Baze.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Got K2 to G11, so they now have ridiculous protection, and I'm finishing GW with everyone at near max prot. Baze now has 28k/64k hp/prot, K2 has 27k/62k, and R2 has 24k/38k. Since R2 gets +50%/20%, that takes him to 36k/46k. This brings Baze to 32/69k and K2 to 30/66k. Jyn is zeta'd, which means they gain 3450/3300 prot per buff gained.
Once Jyn hits G11, I'll test them out in arena, and by then I should be able to zeta K2, which will add an addition 1% max prot every time he takes damage.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Is ghost going to be in shipments? Or is it just phantom?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Does anyone know why the non-Heroic HAAT so rarely drops gear I need? I have the usual stock of Goon Hivemind Approved (TM) characters and it's rare when the tank dies, that I get any piece of gear that as the little green "I can use it" dot.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

Does anyone know why the non-Heroic HAAT so rarely drops gear I need? I have the usual stock of Goon Hivemind Approved (TM) characters and it's rare when the tank dies, that I get any piece of gear that as the little green "I can use it" dot.

Are most of your dudes g8/g9? AAT gear is basically for G10+, so at least you'll be saving stuff up for then?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

UmOk posted:

Is ghost going to be in shipments? Or is it just phantom?

They're both in, yeah.

Also just tried 9A hard and I definitely need to work on my LS squad. They just got completely demolished. Dudes are hitting way too hard.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Malgrin posted:

Are most of your dudes g8/g9? AAT gear is basically for G10+, so at least you'll be saving stuff up for then?

Maybe that's it, but it's a head scratcher that the non-heroic HAAT would so rarely drop G8 or G9 gear.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Are the Phoenix ships worth prioritizing over stuff like scim and slave 1?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

Maybe that's it, but it's a head scratcher that the non-heroic HAAT would so rarely drop G8 or G9 gear.

That's just the raid progression. T6/7 Rancor drops G8/9, and Normal/Heroic AAT drops G10/11

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

Isn't it, though?

Non-heroic AAT is basically a mill of disappointment that does nothing to help you get ready for HAAT, by my assessment.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UmOk posted:

Are the Phoenix ships worth prioritizing over stuff like scim and slave 1?

Nope

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
The hero list in the OP, is that the priority i should get the heroes in?
I haven't spent any arena currency yet and was wondering if i should pick Leia first since she only costs 25 hexagons.

Decided to not eat 5 cheeseburgers today and got the $5 pack and luckily got a Count Dookie (who am i kidding, a cheeseburger here costs $15)

Am closing in on the 2k-5k arena bracket; haven't lost a fight yet. (Not that impressive i guess since one can cherry pick the opponent)
How should one in general pick arena members? Right now i am using 2 tanks (4* Chewie, 2* RG) and 2 healers (3* counsular, 3* vampire chick) as well as Count Dookie. I also have 3* Luke, 3* Veers.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jun 30, 2017

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ineptitude posted:

I haven't spent any arena currency yet and was wondering if i should pick Leia first since she only costs 25 hexagons.

Decided to not eat 5 cheeseburgers today and got the $5 pack and luckily got a Count Dookie (who am i kidding, a cheeseburger here costs $15)

Am closing in on the 2k-5k arena bracket; haven't lost a fight yet. (Not that impressive i guess since one can cherry pick the opponent)
How should one in general pick arena members? Right now i am using 2 tanks (4* Chewie, 2* RG) and 2 healers (3* counsular, 3* vampire chick) as well as Count Dookie. I also have 3* Luke, 3* Veers.

Yes, the OP is kept up to date fairly well.
Leia is fantastic early on, and is even helpful on a Rebel team later on. She can hit multiple times, and can stealth herself. Absolutely pick her up.
Early on you can't do all that wrong, but I think 2 tanks is 1 more than you need. I'd prioritize RG, because Chewie will stop being useful pretty soon, but RG is useful in top level teams. Consular is the better healer of those two, so if you focus on one healer, have it be him. But I'd look to replacing him with either Luminara (relatively easy to farm from the Galactic War store) or Bariss (harder to level, but better because she can heal toons who have the "can't be healed" debuff) when you can, as they are both better.

I'm only ranked 200-300 though, so plenty of people here can give way more elite opinions.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

It's important to point out that the GOAL is to 7* these heroes, and no matter how much it costs to unlock these toons, in the end the amount of shards required is the same. So yes, Leia unlocks faster, but she's garbage until you get more stars/gear on her.

We recommend STH first because you need scoundrels to run the bi-weekly heist events that will provide you with much needed credits to level your toons.

Ineptitude posted:

WOOT! Good pull. Farm his hard nodes to star him up. He's very good for dark side missions and the support challenge.

Ineptitude posted:

Tanks and healers is good for a while. The toons we recommend farming first (STH, Lando, Boba Fett) are all strong arena toons, you can use those 3 for a while. Right now, Arena is built around strong synergy characters, like wedge/biggs, Chirrut/Baze, etc. You might want to try to get Phoenix Squad characters after you've gotten Lando, STH, Boba 7*ed. They have decent low-end synergy and are useful for unlocking 2 and 2/5's of the big special events. The group-think hasn't settled that one yet.

You can't really tackle any of the meta comps until you're in a guild and earning currency, and in fleet battles. the 3 scoundrels and Phoenix Squad will help you master all of the resource gathering modes required to build late-game meta squads.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

You might want to try to get Phoenix Squad characters after you've gotten Lando, STH, Boba 7*ed. They have decent low-end synergy and are useful for unlocking 2 and 2/5's of the big special events. The group-think hasn't settled that one yet.

I still go back and forth on this, and I won't really have settled it until I see someone do it, and lets me know how it does in their arena bracket.

There are a few real downsides with farming Phoenix. The first is probably just that you've got ~4-6 months until we see a Thrawn event again, so farming them now won't do much on that end. Additionally, Palp is in less than a month, so you also probably won't be ready for that event (although maybe 5*?). Finally, and you touched on this, but Landa, STH, and Boba are essential for so much in this game, and I think you should run Boba with basically whatever arena squad you run early on to counter the whale Chirruts you're going to see. Phoenix squad doesn't leave any space for running a 1-off, at the point you're running 4, a 5th is going to bring so much to the team in that additional unique, but Boba might actually still be better for you, which says a lot about my opinion of Rebels.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

If someone is low level though and really wants Thrawn, you'd probably have to start farming soon, no? I mean yeah it's like half a year out but I can see it taking a month for Ezra and Hera each, and Sabine even longer, especially without guild currency or crystals for refreshes coming in as quickly.

This is less of an issue for people at 85 obviously.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
My ships are bad and I don't like ships

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks! I am working on Boba and Lando, am halfway to unlocking both. Gonna use arena credits on STH.

Getting the hang of the game and the rhythm in doing hard modes for RG, easy ones for gear, cantina for Lando and Boba.

Speaking of guild, do any of the goon guilds have room?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Is Kanan a decent alternative to STH in the later game? Mainly for arena, GW and LS battles.

STH never seems to get his taught off enough and doesn't hit very hard.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

Is Kanan a decent alternative to STH in the later game? Mainly for arena, GW and LS battles.

STH never seems to get his taught off enough and doesn't hit very hard.

For level 60-80, STH is probably going to be a lot better. Once you unlock mods, you want to get STH going first. He'll taunt, giving everyone else TM up. From there, every time STH takes damage, while his taunt is up, he'll give everyone tm up.

Also, he's a scoundrel, and you need a bunch of scoundrels so you can run credit heist.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Crumbletron posted:

If someone is low level though and really wants Thrawn, you'd probably have to start farming soon, no? I mean yeah it's like half a year out but I can see it taking a month for Ezra and Hera each, and Sabine even longer, especially without guild currency or crystals for refreshes coming in as quickly.

This is less of an issue for people at 85 obviously.

Ezra and Hera are easy, though, and if they're starting pre-50 they can use whatever crystals they get to farm them. Sabine will take forever, though, regardless because one hard node is garbage. Guild Coins will depend entirely on if they have a character with enough stars to do raid and get the 0 damage or not.

I don't know when Thrawn will be coming back, they have 4 of these events and it seems Yoda is still more often than any of the others, so probably in another 6 months. They may have some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

TheAnomaly posted:

Ezra and Hera are easy, though, and if they're starting pre-50 they can use whatever crystals they get to farm them. Sabine will take forever, though, regardless because one hard node is garbage. Guild Coins will depend entirely on if they have a character with enough stars to do raid and get the 0 damage or not.

I don't know when Thrawn will be coming back, they have 4 of these events and it seems Yoda is still more often than any of the others, so probably in another 6 months. They may have some time.

Yoda & EP alternate months don't they? R2 and Thrawn have just been added but I suspect they will eventually slot into the rotation so you have a crack at each once/4 months. EP didn't get added to the rotation for a while though so who knows