Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Endorph posted:

did you just call ryougi a melty blood character

endorph's mystic eyes of depth perception activate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lantoria Alter/Lanctoria Alter.

Also, she's added after London, before America, which is before Camelot. She's basically the harbinger of 'hey this story's about to get heavy'

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I figure Camelot brings the normal version, but when is Lancer Artoria Alter added? Is there an agreed upon shorthand for that character so I don't have to type that out again?

Alter actually comes first. Alter shows up in London, which is part 5 (if you include fubuki), and normal lancer Arturia shows up in Camelot, part 7.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tae posted:

I'm going to spend everything on that purple lancer

or the Melty blood character....?

Ban this sick filth

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is there a list of free characters, then? I eyed a lot of Special Edition One-Time Only characters.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
what's a melty blood

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Schubalts posted:

If it's the same dailies as the original release, yes, there are some materials that just do not actually exist.

e; Got the new Kiritsugu CE. Sounds like it increases debuff success rate against Casters (35% at base), in addition to invincibility penetration.

It's a damage boost against casters, which makes it actually worth using

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Is there a list of free characters, then? I eyed a lot of Special Edition One-Time Only characters.

Here are the poverty 4* servants from every event in the game that has one up to current JP, this is not counting the free 3* you get

Caster Liz - Halloween 2015
Nobunaga Oda - Guda Guda 2015
Santa Alter - Christmas 2015
Artoria Lily - Saber Wars
Shiki Ryogi - Kara no Kyokai
Irisviel von Einzbern - Fate/Zero
Sakata Kintoki (Rider) - Onigashima
Scathach (Assassin) - Summer 2016
Chloe von Einzbern - Prisma Ilya
Brave Liz - Halloween 2016
Jeanne d'Arc (Alter) (Santa Lily), yes that is her full name - Christmas 2016
Chacha - Guda Guda 2017
BB - CCC

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

the welfare servants are

Saber Lily
Halloween Elizabeth from the Halloween 2015 Event
Nobunaga from the GudaGuda Event
Artoria Santa Alter from the Christmas 2015 Event
Ryougi from the Kara no Kyoukai Event
Irisviel from the Fate/Zero Event
Rider Kintoki from the Onigashima Event
Summer Scathach from the Summer 2016 Event
Chloe from the Prisma Ilya event
Elizabeth Brave from the Halloween 2016 Event
Jeanne D'Arc Santa Alter Lily from the Christmas 2016 event
Chacha from the GudaGuda 2 Event
BB from the CCC Event

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Tae posted:

Not counting the 4* Welfares:

Caster Cu (Unlock after Fuyuki)
Kiyohime (Unlock after Orleans)
Boudica (Unlock after Septem)

Spoilers for unreleased Singularities, if you're the sort to care:

Archer David (Okeanos)
Assassin Jekyll/Hyde (London)
Caster Geronimo (America)
Saber Bedivere (Camelot)
Lancer Jaguarman (Babylonia)

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Thanks folks, I'm probably gonna get in trouble with the gasha at some point, better to know when it's coming :cripes:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

what's a melty blood

:getout:

Endorph posted:

Lantoria Alter/Lanctoria Alter.

Also, she's added after London, before America, which is before Camelot. She's basically the harbinger of 'hey this story's about to get heavy'

Oh? I didn't know those were gated behind story progression. Good to know

Edit: VVVV That's something I hope happens. If we have to wait 2 years to catch up to current JPN status, that would rather suck horribly.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Okay, so it looks like my plan is to hoard just for Scathach then. Hopefully she comes out sooner than the JP release schedule.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

:getout:

Oh? I didn't know those were gated behind story progression. Good to know

Edit: VVVV That's something I hope happens. If we have to wait 2 years to catch up to current JPN status, that would rather suck horribly.

That's technically just when they show up in the story. Some stuff is kinda gated, in that some servants (including both lancer arturias IIRC) will only be added to the main story gacha after you beat their respective story chapter. That being said, once the event cycle really cranks up you probably won't be rolling the story gacha that often, and if you're aiming for one of them you'll probably wait for a day when they have a rate up on an event gacha or whatnot.

For example, Emiya Alter is gated from the story gacha until one of the most recent parts, but I could get him from an event gacha despite only being in the first half of the story.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bakanogami posted:

That's technically just when they show up in the story. Some stuff is kinda gated, in that some servants (including both lancer arturias IIRC) will only be added to the main story gacha after you beat their respective story chapter. That being said, once the event cycle really cranks up you probably won't be rolling the story gacha that often, and if you're aiming for one of them you'll probably wait for a day when they have a rate up on an event gacha or whatnot.

For example, Emiya Alter is gated from the story gacha until one of the most recent parts, but I could get him from an event gacha despite only being in the first half of the story.

You're right, I plan to roll for very specific banners - and get my soul crushed by not getting them . The more recent modern story setting does look fun, I haven't done it on JPN but the servants you get to assist you are pretty much 2 of the ones I want to roll the most.

VVV Yeah JAlter is my goal too. I don't really plan to spend outside that banner. Maybe for Tamamo.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 29, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I can live with getting most of the servants on the list or not but I am going to spend sooooo much money you guys on Jeanne Alter when she gets her limited release

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

HiveCommander posted:

It's a damage boost against casters, which makes it actually worth using

That's what I initially thought, but google translate was saying "extraordinary status" so I was a little bummed. Phew.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What's the best thing to spend Mana Prisms on? I went through and cleared my box of anything that wasn't 5/10 or better on the tier list.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh, I know this one, now! The answer is "Summoning Tickets"!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

deleting servants gets you barely any mana prisms and occasionally they'll have uses even if their combat sucks. a lot of events work in a way where you farm missions for event-specific items and then spend those items in an event shop for ascension mats/summon tickets/exp cards/whatever, and almost all of those events have specific servants that increase your drops of those event-specific items. So it's worth having a copy of everyone you can around.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So I'm told it's better to repeat burning quests over the others even if you already got the mana prism reward for the day? Why is that?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

So I'm told it's better to repeat burning quests over the others even if you already got the mana prism reward for the day? Why is that?

Ember Burning is the name for EXP Quests

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The other Daily Quests just give you money and Ascension materials, and I think the latter is actually bugged/hosed now or something and isn't actually providing anything useful. XP cards be be used for either leveling up or getting prisms on the other hand.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tae posted:

The 3* Exp cards can be burned for Mana Prisms.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
A 30AP quests give 9 exp items. that's like 5-7 mana prisms if you sell the 3* exp items. Added is the 5000ish Master exp that's like 1/3 of your bar in the mid 20s.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

if you mean ember, then it's because more exp is always good and farming silver cards will get you prisms too

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Columbus and Scherazade look so cool, shame it's gonna be 2 years before they get available

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Columbus and Scherazade look so cool, shame it's gonna be 2 years before they get available

Even more of a shame that unless I am missing something very major, Scheherazade looks terrible from a gameplay standpoint.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She's probably worse than Kiara and MHXA who are already the worst 5* servants in the game

edit: omfg it's only been 6 hours and the new caster is already being called the worst 5*

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 29, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh yeah drat those are some lovely stats. My boner shan't taunt me.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Kiara, MHXA, Scheherezade

Why are all the best designs wasted on terrible stats/skills

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Who's 'Both Ceremonies' supposed to be?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Dumping some failed rerolls. all passwords are 1234

Most also have a few good CE and 3 stars I was too lazy to list.
------------------------------------
Elisabeth (4),cu (3), martha (4)

HMreC8HyRZ

-------------------------------------

Vlad (5), stheno (4), elisabeth (4)

ZjWkRyHVS6

-------------------------------------

2 berserkers (4), d'on (4), archer (4) (this one was so good I would have settled if I rolled any 5 star)

pGKVYVNJzJ

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

Who's 'Both Ceremonies' supposed to be?

Shiki Ryogi

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Right now it seems like I'll be hoarding tickets and quartz for Gil, who should be coming relatively soon if we truly do follow the JP release schedule, Scathach, Iskander, and Merlin. I figure Lalter is better than Iskander, because of course, but at the same time I don't give a gently caress I love Iskander.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

iskander is pretty good

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Freak Futanari posted:

Why are all the best designs wasted on terrible stats/skills

Scheherazade spent all her skill points on Clothes Bursting EX.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I feel like I'm just going to sit on all the Saint Thingamabobs until these future events start coming. I'm not sure I really want any of the 5*s currently in the game that much, and that 1% drop rate feels like it's just begging for me to hoard currency for literal months before splurging.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So there's already 68/70 70/70 Jeannes out there, that's pretty scary - unless Ruler ascensions are easy to make? I have yet to get 5 silver Zerker statues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

It's certainly doable as, unlike certain other characters whose mats aren't even in the game yet, all she requires are pieces, but it'd be incredibly tedious because gold piece drop rate isn't great even in the 30AP piece quests. Like probably spending real money to buy quartz to do more grinding tedious.