Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Skyridge posted:

Huh, my 5* WAS Olive. Her BIS is as follows, right?

Sparky
Black Cowl
Apron Dress
Bracer X2

Double Hand
Three Atk+30% of some variety

Yes it is. Follow that and you can hit 1200 ATK on her.

I still can't get in and I"m getting real nervous now that the game ate my 5* summon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
As far as I can find, yeah that's her general bis. Well, technically queen TMRs are probably better since hp will likely be better in general. But +30% atk stacking other than double hand.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Is a Sozhe TMR a better idea than a third Atk+30%? Trading 10% attack for 20% hp and mp restore seems like a good deal.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Got Reberta with my 5* 10+1 pull, and Rikku with my free 10+1 pull. Pretty satisfied with both of these.

Just to check, I should totally get Rikku's TM reward, right? Are there any Trust Moogles for her in the King Mog Raid Summon?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

free daily got me rikku. free 10 + 1 got me rikku and a bunch of junk. 300 lapis short on guaranteed 5 atm but so far so good! now if only i could log back on!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Got through for a bit, is there no half price FF10 pull? There's the free daily pull but that isn't on banner (got yet another Agrias). Then when I was looking around I got kicked out again. Having flashbacks to the FF14 expansion launch where server congestion made it impossible to get more than an hour into the expansion due to horrible design decisions for a MMO expansion launch.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Did a rage pull in the FFX banne.

Third emperor.

gently caress this game. Roll this poo poo back, Gumi. I want something different. Why the gently caress am I getting Emperor?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Got Reberta with my 5* 10+1 pull, and Rikku with my free 10+1 pull. Pretty satisfied with both of these.

Just to check, I should totally get Rikku's TM reward, right? Are there any Trust Moogles for her in the King Mog Raid Summon?

The moveset it gives looks pretty nice. Chaos Grenade looks great for arena, Panacea is AoE Esuna + Stona, and Eccentrick is good for characters who have good limit breaks like Rikku, Tidus, or Noctis. It isn't a gamechanger IMO but worth working on at some point at least.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
got tidus on the guaranteed 5* 10+1 summon

20 summon tickets got me 1st aileen, 1st setzer and 3rd amelia

:toot:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Facebook Page posted:

Attention FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS fans.

We are aware that some players might experience server busy message upon attempting to login. We are currently investigating this matter. All apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. Please bear with us.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I got Noctis today. Who should he replace on my team? Dark Fina, Gilgamesh, or Chizuru? I have Cecil and Tilith on my team as well if that helps at all.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
I got in for just long enough to throw my free 10+1 ticket into the ether... then crash. I have been stonewalled since then, and it is maddening. Did my ticket disappear? Do I have units waiting?

Edit: The 'flavor' of this server failure seems to have changed. It's as if it's not even exchanging - instant data retrieval error after trying to connect. I wonder if they actually brought it down to fix something.

Captaindirtnap fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 29, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mill Village posted:

I got Noctis today. Who should he replace on my team? Dark Fina, Gilgamesh, or Chizuru? I have Cecil and Tilith on my team as well if that helps at all.

Chizuru probably. Its not like you are chaining anything right now without gilgameshs enhancements and noctis can act as a breaker to enhance your other members output.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Was able to clear ELT King Mog, but I'm not sure if it's worth the time spent for the extra coins you get.

I guess it doesn't help when he sneezes Seltzer first.

edit:

5* was Seabreeze Dark Fina
10+ had nothing good but Beach Time Fina, so uhh I'm glad that banner is taken care of now...I guess!

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 29, 2017

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Did I win?

https://smg.photobucket.com/user/ghostnuke/media/Screenshot_20170629-111112_zpsphuo33xa.png.html

edit: gently caress it, I can't figure out how to post pics anymore

Ghostnuke fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 29, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
loving Trance Terra. :barf:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, you all know the game is still down because everyone feels they have to reroll, right?

I wonder how they came to that conclusion.

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
i just want to spend my energy and raid coins

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Guy Farting posted:

i just want to spend my energy and raid coins

:same:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Two of my units joined the 21 club today. I wasn't sure they were going to get there, but by god they did.

Congrats to me on pulling 21 Shadows and 21 Lani.

Truly a great day.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I'll trade you and I'm not even a fan of black magic users in this game.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

If anything her TM is best in slot for any caster or healer that doesn't have innate doublecast and her enhancements will put her as the top chaining damage mage in the game. Two T.Terras will burn through any physical resistant boss like aint no thing (before they die from the swift breeze that'll kill them both next turn)

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I sent in $5, got an exvius ticket and it shat out a Rikku.

Woo! Got Tidus, Rikku and like 6 wakkas.

Sir Bruce
Jul 8, 2004

One free daily pull, one Rikku. Guess I can give up on the rest of the banner now, right?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Ghostnuke posted:

Did I win?

Use imgur. I tried stripping the .html off and end and changing the tags to from url to img, but it's still not loading.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

PaybackJack posted:

Attention FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS fans.

We are aware that some players might experience server busy message upon attempting to login. We are currently investigating this matter. All apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. Please bear with us.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

They are assuming I am being patient and understanding.

I am neither.

This poo poo is annoying, and it's the second SE game to give me the exact issue in a month.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I'll take it.... I finally got my WoL one year later.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got Rikku and Reberta, so I'm fairly happy. (Reberta chains perfectly with Fohlen.)

Wakka's TMR is not too shabby.

Still no sign of Xon or Ludmille, though.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Armitage posted:

I'll trade you and I'm not even a fan of black magic users in this game.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If anything her TM is best in slot for any caster or healer that doesn't have innate doublecast and her enhancements will put her as the top chaining damage mage in the game. Two T.Terras will burn through any physical resistant boss like aint no thing (before they die from the swift breeze that'll kill them both next turn)

You guys are right. I shouldn't be salty about pulling her as she's a pretty dope unit. I guess I had WAY too high hopes of pulling a Gilgamesh or Ramza. :p

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, King Mog ELT isn't particularly hard, but it IS kind of a slog.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A fairly disappointing set of rolls. Free 10+1 had one gold, Luka. FFX 11 pull was 3 dupe golds and 1 Beach Fina. Guaranteed 5* 10+1 was Olive and trash, Olive is great for sure, but was my 2nd and unlike other 5* damage units, I don't have key TMs I can just plug in, need Sparky #2 and another doublehand to make her worth it, which I didn't expect I'd need any time soon so it'll be a while before I can fit her into a team.

pineapple3k
Feb 12, 2014
Free pull got me 1st Aileen and 2nd Queen
10+1 on FFX banner gave me Tidus and 3 Wakkas
Spent 10 summon tickets and got me a Rikku on the last one.

Who do I use, Aileen or Tidus? Also should I give Rikku LB pots before leveling her?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What does King Mog even do? I 2 rounded him with DRx2 plus Olive capping and he just seemed to express sadness on his one turn.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Nothing he sits there and takes it like a champ, and snorts a character every 3 turns. If you unlock the super secret challenge stage he actually rapes you and stuff

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.
Well, my free 10+1 trolled me with Queen but my paid made up for it.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Since I haven't been able to log in for two hours I wanna do some team theorycrafting. I pulled 3 (!) Rikkus, and I know at least one is going on my team.

Currently using Du, Aileen, Noctis, Noel (who will be swapped for WoL once I can actually get in and awaken him) and Tilith.

I'm thinking Noctis, since WoL will cover breaks and Rikku will cover support...

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I guess it's a good thing the game is down right now. I'm really salty about my FFX 'rage' pull giving me another Emperor and I feel really discouraged from playing right now.

My best pulls today were Rikku, Amelia(from the rage pull), and Bedile.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I was able to log in for like 5 minutes before "Data retrieval failed because the servers are busy" closed my game. During that time I spent the 10+1 ticket, free pull, and one-time 5000 lapis 10+1 (and literally all my luck) and got these beauties:

10+1 ticket: WoL
Free Pull: Riku
10+1 one-time: Tidus and Amelia

My current good 6-star units are 2 Fohlens and Tilith. I'm wondering if I should add Tidus and Riku to that or go full-idiot tank with WoL and Riku?

Edit: The two Fohlens have absolutely zero issue killing stuff by chaining Sonic Blast. The problem I'm facing is mostly from magic spam from bosses. Fohlen can dodge literally everything that has a physical damage component but as soon as it's pure elemental (like in the case of Maxwell) he'll go down like a sack of potatoes.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 29, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Got Olive's LB to 25, just in time to start feeding all my pots to Tidus.

I feel bad for you guys who still can't login. Everyone in Taiwan went to bed an hour ago and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^^ Max LB Olive is amaaaaaaaaaazing. I still don't have ideal timing to get all 5 of her LB hits to land during the max damage of a DR chain but it's close and when they all do line up holy poo poo do things melt. I think my best damage during Titan was 10-11m in a single turn.

Servers are on fire and I can't log in? Definitely an anniversary event on a game run by Gumi. :v:

Mad Fnorder posted:

Game is up. 5* pull was:
Ramza, Fang, Guy, Lani, Sice, Bartz, Sabin, Cecil, Ulrica, Celes, Amarant.

I think it's the worst thing I could have imagined! You folks better be grateful that I took this one out of the pool.

:wtc: I'd take Ramza as a 5* without question. Brave Suit is amazing and with enhancements Ramza is a support god.

DaveWoo posted:

Rikku's TM is really good for her since it includes a party-wide +200 LB fill rate which also helps to ensure you can just have her LB any time someone doesn't have auto-raise or the def buff, and her AOE status removal also gets rid of stone (so she's the ideal ribbon-wearing support in your arena team too).

Ghostnuke posted:

Did I win?

https://smg.photobucket.com/user/ghostnuke/media/Screenshot_20170629-111112_zpsphuo33xa.png.html

The first step is to use imgur since photobucket is garbage.

Quality Control posted:

Well, my free 10+1 trolled me with Queen but my paid made up for it.

:eyepop::popeye::eyepop:

Office Thug posted:

I was able to log in for like 5 minutes before "Data retrieval failed because the servers are busy" closed my game. During that time I spent the 10+1 ticket, free pull, and one-time 5000 lapis 10+1 (and literally all my luck) and got these beauties:

10+1 ticket: WoL
Free Pull: Riku
10+1 one-time: Tidus and Amelia

My current good 6-star units are 2 Fohlens and Tilith. I'm wondering if I should add Tidus and Riku to that or go full-idiot tank with WoL and Riku?

Edit: The two Fohlens have absolutely zero issue killing stuff by chaining Sonic Blast. The problem I'm facing is mostly from magic spam from bosses. Fohlen can dodge literally everything that has a physical damage component but as soon as it's pure elemental (like in the case of Maxwell) he'll go down like a sack of potatoes.

Fohlen/Fohlen/Tidus/Tilith/WoL is your ideal "dunk this poor bastard" setup. WoL to DEF break, Tilith to buff, Fohlens to chain and Tidus to finish.

You want all 3 of them at 6* though.

• Locked thread