Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Ruler ascention only needs statues and nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'd love a Waver (but who wouldn't) but I'm very happy with my Jeanne, she's been fairly easy to build around so far. I definitely want to try for Gil assuming that's out first. I'd love to try for Saber Alter but I just don't know how that'll go with the current pool. I might just hope I get her during Gil's rateup somehow.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Jeanne, Siegfried, and stheno

EPbQW4uX37

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

DrManiac posted:

Jeanne, Siegfried, and stheno

EPbQW4uX37

I used the code, that's a vlad account friend lol

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Nate RFB posted:

I'd love a Waver (but who wouldn't) but I'm very happy with my Jeanne, she's been fairly easy to build around so far. I definitely want to try for Gil assuming that's out first. I'd love to try for Saber Alter but I just don't know how that'll go with the current pool. I might just hope I get her during Gil's rateup somehow.

Unfortunately, Saber Alter is a story-locked servant, which means you can't roll her unless you roll on the default story gacha or she's specifically part of the rate-up, and I don't believe Saber Alter was in Gil's particular rate-up.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh so some Servants literally leave the pool during some events? Hmm.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I am dumb and did a 10-toll that gave me nothing despite saying I was gonna hoard it for Drake.

Don't impulse roll, kids. :smith:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Or if you're gonna impulse roll, just do a single to cheaply sate your gacha lust.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder how big a splash the game's english release has made in the first 3 days.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Nate RFB posted:

Oh so some Servants literally leave the pool during some events? Hmm.

No, some servants are only in the story gacha, unless they are added to a specific rate-up. The story gacha is always available.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

I am dumb and did a 10-toll that gave me nothing despite saying I was gonna hoard it for Drake.

Don't impulse roll, kids. :smith:

That sucks :( At least my impulse roll gave me a bunch of 5* CE and dupe Cu chu and medusa

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Schubalts posted:

No, some servants are only in the story gacha, unless they are added to a specific rate-up. The story gacha is always available.
I guess this is a matter of me not knowing what "rateup" actually entails. I kind of expected it to just be a "click on Summon, and now when you do a Story gacha it has different odds", but by the sounds of it it's a different/new menu option altogether?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

I guess this is a matter of me not knowing what "rateup" actually entails. I kind of expected it to just be a "click on Summon, and now when you do a Story gacha it has different odds", but by the sounds of it it's a different/new menu option altogether?

Story gacha and rateup gachas are separate, yes. You can always roll in Story gacha, and it has a few servants that you can only get there or in gachas when that character gets a rateup. So for example, you can only get Saber Alter in the story gacha until she eventually gets a gacha where she has a rate up.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Just like you can switch between the standard quartz banner(this is the story gacha) and the friend point banner, during rate-ups one or more additional banners are also added.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
since there's paid quartz and free quartz, are there some super rate-up gachas that can only be spun with paid quartz, like guaranteed 5* ones or something?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

MotU posted:

since there's paid quartz and free quartz, are there some super rate-up gachas that can only be spun with paid quartz, like guaranteed 5* ones or something?
Yes. Those usually occur in year end or hitting some 100k download for jp version.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MotU posted:

yeah. very rarely, though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also the game automatically deducts from free quartz first so you probably don't need to worry about accidentally exhausting your paid quartz just as a paid quartz only event rolls up.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I just want to get an alternative to Saber Lily, mostly. Might be worth waiting until Septem since Nero is supposed to be another good 4* Saber.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I've been reading that F/GO webcomic from the cirno site, and I like the interpretation that the MC is a psychopath.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Stumbled upon this person streaming his rerolls, in search of a Waver account.

He's rerolled over 130 times as of now. Also apparently refusing to just have someone hand him a Waver account.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I started doing the Interludes. So far, I helped Sanson face his Shadow.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Well this game isn't out in the UK so :shrug:

I assume Iskander isn't in the game yet anyway?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Oh OK, it's not that Altera has a futuristic design despite being Atilla the Hun, she is literally an alien life form that fell to Earth thousands of years ago and was convinced by the Huns who woke her up from hibernation to lead them.

I forgot how wonderfully stupid the Nasuverse is.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I downloaded the game with a proxy and clearing the data of my google playstore app. I'm sure there's other ways.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Just download it from qooapp or apkpure, like a normal out-of-region person.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Gologle posted:

Oh OK, it's not that Altera has a futuristic design despite being Atilla the Hun, she is literally an alien life form that fell to Earth thousands of years ago and was convinced by the Huns who woke her up from hibernation to lead them.

I forgot how wonderfully stupid the Nasuverse is.

If you ever get to play Extella you're going to have a wild time.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I just follow the LP, I've tried them, but I'm just not a fan of the Extra series or Dynasty Warriors clones.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

I assume Iskander isn't in the game yet anyway?

Young Iskander (Alexander) is in, adult Iskander was added with the Fate/Zero event.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAhPkjqdpRk

anyway here's a guy beating atilla with only 1 and 2 stars

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

NRVNQSR posted:

I've seen conflicting reports on this: Did the shop on JP always have 5 tickets for sale each month, or was it five tickets total for the first year before becoming monthly?
There were 5 tickets in the shop with duration one year. After a while that definitely was less than a year, they started regularly adding 1-month tickets to the shop. I'm pretty sure they didn't overwrite the original batch of tickets for sale.

Nate RFB posted:

Between the mediocre anime of Fuyuki and having redo the Prologue a bunch for rerolls I've grown to intensely dislike the story for the first singularity, but I kind of knew it was kind of eh to begin with so that wasn't surprising. Just treated it as a Quartz/FP farm (from Cu Caster).

E: So I know from this that Nero is added to the summoning pool after Septem, but what is the difference between her and say Mordred who is not a Limited Servant but also seemingly not unlocked by clearing something later? Is it a case that the summoning pool simply gets updated passively for all players and all of a sudden players will start getting Mordred in rolls regardless of where they are in the story?
When you beat a chapter, the game secretly switches the gacha pool that represents "the story gacha" to you. So there's a initial gacha, a post-Fuyuki gacha, a post-Orleans gacha, etc.

Generally speaking, we almost always have at least two quartz gacha going on at any given time (plus the FP gacha):
The current available story gacha will have the base set of servants + story locked servants up to whatever you cleared.
The current available event gacha will have the base set of servants + event servants (which may include otherwise story-locked servants). So even if you clear Fuyuki you can't randomly get Alter from rolling event gachas. (Unless she's included for whatever reason)
Sometimes we have more than one event gacha going at the same time.

Later on for special events they'll run special one-10-roll-only gachas that can only be rolled using paid quartz (you'll note it keeps track of how much quartz is free vs how much you bought. The free quartz is always used first). These gachas so far have always guaranteed at least one 5* (can be more).

Incidentally, the story gacha system makes certain servants disproportionately rare, particularly the 3* story locks such as CasCu and CasGilles, since nobody rolls story gacha for them and rarely if ever get included in event gachas.

Freak Futanari posted:

Kiara, MHXA, Scheherezade

Why are all the best designs wasted on terrible stats/skills
My guess is because they know their designs will drive the sales anyways. It's kinda mean but it also helps slow down the power creep, which is a thing they care about.

Nate RFB posted:

A "rate up" means those featured Servants are a) available in that gacha regardless of their status as limited, story-locked or regular and b) have increased chances of showing up IF you rolled the right rarity. It's been estimated that about 60% of SSR rolls will be a rateup'd SSR, so rateups are not a lie despite how it may feel.
Event gachas always feature a rateup.

SOMETIMES, namely right after releasing a new chapter, the event gacha is also flagged as the story gacha, which means it includes the base set of servants + story locked servants + the event servants. Only the event servants are rated up, of course.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 29, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAhPkjqdpRk

anyway here's a guy beating atilla with only 1 and 2 stars

Good boy Arash can do craaazy amounts of damage.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I looked up Lancer Artoria after the chat here and lmao that stage 3+ design.

And of course it was explained in the character bio.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alright Agartha's done, I'll have some gold writeups done by tonight

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I just barely managed to pull my way through a 40 AP EXP quest thanks to my Jeanne, a Support Waver, and a Command Spell.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Welp, just rerolled for fun after backing up my Vlad account... Camilla, Emiya, Stoleh -- Formal Craft, Imaginary Around (Quick 25% boost), ITW.

fates
bEgQHFaZ7K

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Wow protection from arrows is loving busted. I strongly recommend ascending Cu Chulainn immediately whenever anyone gets him.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
there's like three versions of him. You talking about caster cucu?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I cleared Orleans and, well, for a game that's got this much content in the Japanese version that was an unexpectedly quick hard stop to Story mode for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

delfin posted:

I cleared Orleans and, well, for a game that's got this much content in the Japanese version that was an unexpectedly quick hard stop to Story mode for now.

there's rome afterwards