Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I followed the steps to unlock the challenge version of King Mog and it didn't work. Anybody had success doing it and what specifically did you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RustySporkinmyI
Jan 29, 2006
Morbo can't understand his teleprompter. He forgot how you say that letter that looks like a man with a hat.
What is the recharge time for raid orbs? This is the first raid I have participated in.

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.

RustySporkinmyI posted:

What is the recharge time for raid orbs? This is the first raid I have participated in.

One per hour, same as arena/colosseum.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009
4* ticket #1

4* ticket #2

10+1 rainbow pull

Guess I don't have to pull on the FFX banner now.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Cartoon Man posted:

I followed the steps to unlock the challenge version of King Mog and it didn't work. Anybody had success doing it and what specifically did you do?

I unlocked it. Turn 1 Play with him and guard with everyone else. That will unlock Insult King Mog. Then just kill him as normal after insulting him.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Never mind I got it. I wasn't defending the first turn.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
In my 10+1 super pull, I got a Reberta and Greg. Greg is supposed to be pretty nice with his enhancement, right?

I thought I remembered reading Reberta will chain with Orlandu. Is that right, or did I make that up?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Finally got in and did my pulls. Came away with the following;

Fohlen
Rem
Amelia
other assorted poo poo

No sign of Rikku for me anywhere.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
I'm able to log in! I can pull my guaranteed 5*! I just need some kind of damage dealer, a chainer would be amazing!

Haha..HA. Gross.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Anyone able to unlock the secret raid stage yet? I did dance > insult with the whole party and nada.

Edit: Nevermind, I did it wrong:

quote:

For anyone who is still unaware, entering the Elt Mog King raid battle and selecting the "King's Play" ability unlocks "Royal Bad Mouth". Spamming this move until mog king leaves unlocks The Mog King's Counterattack.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Goondolences to all you Lightning and Queen pullers (like me)

dangerous.hotdog posted:

You guys are right. I shouldn't be salty about pulling her as she's a pretty dope unit. I guess I had WAY too high hopes of pulling a Gilgamesh or Ramza. :p

You'll be really, really glad you have T.Terra when we get to the trials that need non-elemental magic damage. And those are coming. Also she is probably the most survivally of the mages post-enhancements. You got a good unit, but yeah, I know, it doesn't FEEL like it.

Also guys, Setzers, please. :(

RustySporkinmyI
Jan 29, 2006
Morbo can't understand his teleprompter. He forgot how you say that letter that looks like a man with a hat.
I am a little disappointed the free daily summon replaced the half price summon. For some reason I thought we would have both at the same time.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Now that WoL can take Cecil and Rain's spot, what should my main party be? Olive and WoL are gimmes, and the other possibilities are:

* Trance Terra
* Rikku
* DC Refia
* Like every other white mage
* DW Cheezo
* 3 Setzers

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Is the boss in the ELT woods broken? It says it's supposed to change it's elemental type but the debuff goes away at the end of it's turn so is the idea that it's always just immune to elemental attacks? Either way, I'm loving glad I brought Trance Terra.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 29, 2017

Picnic Lunch
May 1, 2006

Damn tailgaters
Biscuit Hider
My free 11 pull gave me Seabreeze Dark Fina and my guaranteed 5 star got me regular Dark Fina. Which is the better of the two to focus on? I don't have much in the way of other magic users.

WALL of SCIENCE!
Feb 8, 2003

I'm good. You good?
Did close to 70 pulls (43 tickets, free 10+1, lapis 10+1, free pull) and got FIVE Rikkus, but I'm chasing Tidus. My best damage dealer is Setzer or Greg. At least with Rikku and Tilith and a WoL I have top tier support, heals, and tanking now!

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Got Marie as my automatic 5*. Was hoping for dps but I could do so much worse.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Well, guaranteed 5* pull for me a Lightning, so I set my expectations low for the rest of it, but then the free pull got me a Noctis and the 10+1 for me another Trance Terra. Could have gone better, could have gone much worse.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got Eileen. no Rikku, but i did get an Amelia, and Agrias 7, 8, and 9. that's how many i have now, not lifetime Agrias pulls.

how important is Eileens TM? i have a ton of moogles sitting around but not enough to 0-100 it i think

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

soooooo ... guaranteed 5* got me Ace. What the heck do I do with him?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BDawg posted:

In my 10+1 super pull, I got a Reberta and Greg. Greg is supposed to be pretty nice with his enhancement, right?

I thought I remembered reading Reberta will chain with Orlandu. Is that right, or did I make that up?

Greg becomes a legit chainer with his enhancements. Only weakness he has is that he doesn't have innate imperils baked into his attacks.

rabidsquid posted:

i got Eileen. no Rikku, but i did get an Amelia, and Agrias 7, 8, and 9. that's how many i have now, not lifetime Agrias pulls.

how important is Eileens TM? i have a ton of moogles sitting around but not enough to 0-100 it i think
Super important unless you can find another way of giving her earth element into her attacks. That way you dont waste a turn doing groundwork to get earth element for the natural imperil on her piledriver. It becomes even more important post enhancements because she gets 50% extra attack when she has a spear on and you need to give her a katana,sword or GS to maximize damage with materias.

vvvv
I need to 6* another Eileen as well as WoL and Rikku. I had surplus of king cactuars, not anymore. And without an easy moogle exchange event I wont have enough materials for them either.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 29, 2017

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

weeeeeeeeeelp threw my remaining tickets at the FFX banner, got 2 wakkas and a TIDUS.

lots of poo poo to 6* now (rikku, tidus, wol...) and I have to completely rework my team.

Tidus is a good finisher, yea? should I pull Noctis out of my main lineup and team Tidus up with two chainers? (best I currently have are 3 chizurus and 3 setzers)

good day overall!

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

new kind of cat posted:

soooooo ... guaranteed 5* got me Ace. What the heck do I do with him?

Ace is pretty great. Enhanced, he has 2 main roles in a team:

• Elemental debuffer/surprise nuker
    Tribeam laser will give all targets -75% resists to Holy/Lightning/Fire elements. Combine with weapons that hit those elements for everyone else, and it is a great general damage buff. Sometimes it also kills everything outright.
  • Mana Battery
    Enhanced Spirit hand will cover the MP needs of your entire party pretty much forever. In an exploration, you can have him do this, and spam the best attacks for the rest of your party + your most potent AoE heals. This allows for a very easy Encounter -> Repeat cycle that I've grown to love.

In any other situation, he's just a good magic user in general.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Free daily pull: Bediled
Free 10+1 pull: Zyrus #2 and #3, a bunch of other junk/dupes (like Agrias # 8 or so) and my first Garland. :confuoot:
Guaranteed 5* pull: Rem! Could've been worse. I never bothered to get her gently caress You Arena materia though. :sigh:

Rikku chase time, starting at 88 tickets:
Wakka
Kuja
Wakka
Penelo
Rydia
Exdeath
GOLD! ...King (maybe I should farm a Resolve TM for Tilith or someone else?)
Wakka
GOLD! :toot: RIKKU :toot:

I still have 79 tickets and 19k Lapis. Bring on a Player's Choice whale banner.
(I'm not going to chase Tidus because I already have Olive so I'm not hurting for a finisher or damage in general)

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

2 x Rikku
is that overkill?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I still cant loving believe that out of all the base 5* the game actually gave me the one I wanted and needed most. The game shat on me on the daily pull, on the free 10+1, on the 4* ticket and all the other normal ones and then 5+ 10+1 gave me not only the Eileen that I need to transition to a physical base chain meta but the Rikku I needed for support as well. I need 2 veritas of wind for their TMs, and one Mistair for the upcoming trials that need an AoE magic tank. Outside of that I really dont need anything else.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

What type of enemy is Spheremorph? I put up a friend Setzer with dual wield to dice him to death but I'm not sure what killers to give him to get as much out of dice as possible. For now I just gave him as much HP and SPR as possible.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Well my guaranteed pull got me... Orlandu? I assume that's good.

And then fished RIkku out from the FFX banner. Blew a few more tickets to get Tidus but only got a Wakka to show for it.

So my current 6* units:
Lightning
Cecil
Refia
Cloud of Darkness
Exdeath
Rain

And 6* capable units:
Orlandu
Rikku
Kefka
Vaan (soon?)

I presume just pump resources into getting Orlandu and then Rikku up? Haven't played this game in months.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Scrublord Prime posted:

What type of enemy is Spheremorph? I put up a friend Setzer with dual wield to dice him to death but I'm not sure what killers to give him to get as much out of dice as possible. For now I just gave him as much HP and SPR as possible.

Fairy! Spirit Killer go.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Orlandu is arguably the king of dps mountain. Work on getting him Excalibur and use Divine Ruination with a friend Orlandu and watch everything melt. DR inflicts -50% light resist, Excalibur makes it so DR can take advantage of that light resist down, and it chains extremely well with another Orlandu also using DR. Then give him dual wield, jack up his attack, and cruise through poo poo.

After Orlandu get Rikku to max for her crazy support powers like AoE Full Life and limit break 80% auto-life.

AegisP posted:

Fairy! Spirit Killer go.

Rad, updated my Setzer with one. Thanks!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
God drat. 35 tickets, 2 of them being guaranteed 4 star, and no Rikku on this banner. Also didn't get any on either 11+1 pulls.

At least I pulled a Fryevia on my guaranteed 5 star.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Now that the game is stable I decided to finally do pulls:

Free Daily: Agrias

5* 10+1:
5* Marie! Not bad, but not really changing my teams much. At least Rainbow Robe is good to have.
Exdeath x2
Helrich (new but eh)
Celes
Charlotte
Ulrica
Edge
Lawrence
Nine
Zidane (usually good but I have so many and 3 dual wields already)

Free 10+1:
Setzer (I have 3 maxed and been squishing the rest so :geno: )
Maria
Cyan
that successor kid
Firion (after Bahamut these guys have become exp fodder)
2x Freya
Lenna
Dwayne
Garnet (after squishing my old ones I gotta save her now)
Xiao
:rip:

So no Rikku and since there's no half price on banner pulls I might as well blow my 40 tickets chasing her now:
Zyrus (like Firion exp fodder)
Wakka (new but lol wakka)
Vaan
Anzelm
Hayate
Soleil
Luka
Kain (I think I only pulled one on Bahamut's banner)
Fran
Kefka
Celes
Rikku! Well at least pulling her didn't become too awful.

Still mostly a wet fart for 40 pulls. Marie and Rikku and the rest for squishing. But the BF banner is still up, I got 28 tickets left, and I still haven't pulled Tilith sooooo

Bedile

oh ok game you win

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wish I could throw my units into a blender to get their mats back. Fuuuuuck, Rikku uses the same quantity types of enhancement materials as Eileen. I MIGHT be able to scrounge up the mats for one of them through what crimson stones I have left.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Oh, forgot we had a free 10+1 pull.

Got... Fryevia? Man I can't keep up with all these new units. I presume her + Orlandu is a good team.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I wish I could throw my units into a blender to get their mats back. Fuuuuuck, Rikku uses the same quantity types of enhancement materials as Eileen. I MIGHT be able to scrounge up the mats for one of them through what crimson stones I have left.

The event is still up so grind away.

That's what I'm doing because I decided to sit down and see how many of these enhancement mats I was going to need and my eyes nearly popped out of my head. So now I'm back to killing Vargas.

I was on the ball for awakening mats this time. I grinded 100 of each mat last night in preparation for this glorious day! I even took advantage of the extra unit space we recently got to fill my inventory with Cacutars at the beginning of the week.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 29, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Got... Fryevia? Man I can't keep up with all these new units. I presume her + Orlandu is a good team.

I dont think they chain well together but as of right now, when fully geared, they are both unarguably the strongest chainers in the game.

VVV
Welp

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 29, 2017

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

ApplesandOranges posted:

They're offset but otherwise have the same frame data. Orlandu has nearly twice the startup time. They chain together perfectly if you get the delay timing right

E: might change for DW. I don't have either so I can't test the ability overlap delay for firing off two

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
62 tickets and 3 11-pulls later:

Huh, I got one ticket from doing five King Mog runs. Might as well throw it at the banner.

Holy poo poo, today I've gone from 2 rainbow pulls to 5 and one of them is Tidus. I'm never complaining about my pulls again.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Got a gilgamesh from the 5* pull. I would've preferred someone I could use in a fight but his TM is top tier so I'm not going to complain. Maybe he's worth using after enhancements? I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Been doing a little light rerolling all week and ramped it up when I woke up and the free 11-pull was available. I don't think I've ever seen a more ballbusting gacha in a mobile game in my life.

I've seen a grand total of one rainbow orb in probably a good 40+ rerolls by now. Your odds of ever getting another one after your starting pulls have to be vanishingly small. :stare:

• Locked thread