Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Misery loves company, right? Lets share this journey of despair.

Daily: some 3 star dork.

Rainbow pull:

10+1 ticket:

Time to pull for Rikku!

4* ticket:
Nine
4* ticket:
Mercedes

Normal Tickets
#1 hayate
#2 WoL
#3 maria
#4 krile
#5 wakka
#6 olevia
#7 sazh
#8 edge
#9 camile
#10 ingus
#11 mustadio
#12 heltich
#13 wakka
#14 sabin
#15 wakka
#16 ulrica
#17 alma
#18 edge
#19 mustadio
#20 russell
#21 rydia
#22 wakka
#23 vivi
#24 luna
#25 ilias
#26 wakka
#27 kefka
#28 ingus
#29 wakka
#30 vivi
#31 :siren: RIKKU:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Been doing a little light rerolling all week and ramped it up when I woke up and the free 11-pull was available. I don't think I've ever seen a more ballbusting gacha in a mobile game in my life.

I've seen a grand total of one rainbow orb in probably a good 40+ rerolls by now. Your odds of ever getting another one after your starting pulls have to be vanishingly small. :stare:

It's something like 1% to pull a rainbow crystal according to the wiki. However I'm convinced the gatcha is powered by an rear end in a top hat elf who revels in shoving as many Bediles, Shadows, Marias, and Anzelms down the internet tubes and rainbows are only when the elf's hand slips and pushes the wrong button.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Scrublord Prime posted:

It's something like 1% to pull a rainbow crystal according to the wiki. However I'm convinced the gatcha is powered by an rear end in a top hat elf who revels in shoving as many Bediles, Shadows, Marias, and Anzelms down the internet tubes and rainbows are only when the elf's hand slips and pushes the wrong button.

It's just really jarring when the entire mobile game industry seems to be trending the opposite direction. Final Fantasy Record Keeper guarantees a 5* on any 11 pull and gives out enough currency for 3-5 of those a month. Shadowverse gives out dozens of packs a month with a legendary drop rate of 1:10. Even Hearthstone is moving to guarantee you a legendary within your first ten packs of an expansion, and they usually give away at least 3-5.

This just makes me extra determined to get an insane starting roll for this game, cause god knows I can't count on ever seeing anything good after.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Finally got enough stuff to get my Ludmille TM. Time for some Dualcast shenanigans. I have a lot of units it'll hopefully help on.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BGrifter posted:

It's just really jarring when the entire mobile game industry seems to be trending the opposite direction. Final Fantasy Record Keeper guarantees a 5* on any 11 pull and gives out enough currency for 3-5 of those a month. Shadowverse gives out dozens of packs a month with a legendary drop rate of 1:10. Even Hearthstone is moving to guarantee you a legendary within your first ten packs of an expansion, and they usually give away at least 3-5.

This just makes me extra determined to get an insane starting roll for this game, cause god knows I can't count on ever seeing anything good after.

yeah, gumi spent the better part of the first half of the games existence trying to figure out how little they could give away on daily logins without the players quitting. also there's that math on the first page that shows you would need 424 eleven pulls to guarantee a rainbow, which with the best lapis deal if my math is right is $17,000~?

edit: hell gumi still appears to be jiggering how little they can give away on daily logins, kelsus is kind of a cool character but i am pretty sure that was a compromise between giving useful stuff and giving useless stuff.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

BGrifter posted:

The other gatcha game I play, Seven Knights, will give you a selector every four weeks of logins which has all of the rarest characters (except new ones, it usually takes a month or two for them to get added). Mind it's also designed around that too, combining two max rank copies of the same characters increases their level cap a bit. In Exvius having dupes only means so much, usually just the potential to get copies of TMRs.

Hell, technically it has gotten better. At first a gold or rainbow only meant you were getting a 4* or 5* character but not necessarily a 4* or 5* base character. You could get a rainbow and have it be some trash unit that can awaken to a max of 5*. Somebody here got a rainbow and it was Rakashaka, a base 3* character and one of the worst characters in the game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

that was me, my first ever rainbow was rakshasha and i didn't get it until something like six months of playing

edit: i didn't get another one until march or may of this year, and i've gotten several since then and they've been mostly good (ramza, luneth, gilgamesh, olive, ramza i think was the order and now aileen)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I guess it shows the strength of the Final Fantasy licence that the game has managed to survive. :psyduck:

The one thing I will say in it's favour is I like how easy the rerolling is even on iOS. Being able to sync back to a junk Facebook account, unsync and repeat is great and more games should do it. Having to delete the whole app and reinstall in some games is brutal.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

before there were a lot of 6* units or very many different base 5* units you could do pretty well for yourself just loading up a barrage unit with your best gear. like artemios and chizuru were perfectly viable for a decent amount of time, i spent most of my bad unit days clearing all content with barrage cod using like a beastkiller mace or something along with kefka and exdeath, pre ex-death having meteor times.

during the first final fantasy event you could clear the elite stages by loading up the free bard unit with attack song and chaining blizzaga with tellah and kefka and whatnot. the chaining units and power creep base 5* have changed the game a lot. starting now you'd be really poo poo out of luck if you kept my starter roll of like, a kefka and a cloud of darkness

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
10+1 Freebie ticket: Lightning & Amelia.

I'll take that Apron dress, but Lightning, you're about a year late :(

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

rabidsquid posted:

before there were a lot of 6* units or very many different base 5* units you could do pretty well for yourself just loading up a barrage unit with your best gear. like artemios and chizuru were perfectly viable for a decent amount of time, i spent most of my bad unit days clearing all content with barrage cod using like a beastkiller mace or something along with kefka and exdeath, pre ex-death having meteor times.

during the first final fantasy event you could clear the elite stages by loading up the free bard unit with attack song and chaining blizzaga with tellah and kefka and whatnot. the chaining units and power creep base 5* have changed the game a lot. starting now you'd be really poo poo out of luck if you kept my starter roll of like, a kefka and a cloud of darkness

I kind of regret not rerolling when I started the game, but I didn't really know about rerolling until I had played for a couple months and didn't want to reroll at that point. It didn't help that I don't think the OP for this thread really emphasizes that these days you have to have at least one of the newest top hotness, if not more than one, to do anything. I was lucky enough to pull Noctis during a players choice banner, and then later pulled Aileen on a daily pull. I've generally had really good luck with 4* pulls though, 3 setzers, Tilith, Zyrus, 3 rikkus, WoL.

I should have rerolled during the TGCid banner despite having Noctis, but I didn't realize how important it would be at the time.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My Free Daily gave me a Blue Crystal containing Garland #6. I'm afarid he looked at my remaining Free Daily Pulls and told them, "FOOLS! I, GARLAND, WILL KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN TO BEDILES!"

But hey, my free 10+1 Ticket wasn't bad.

Marie #1!

RIKKU #1!

And the rest of my haul was all repeats:

Luka #4, Leo #3, Bartz #5, Gaffgarion #4, Maria #6, Eight #3, Golbez #7, Kain #8, and Elle #5.

Now that I have Rikku, I'm wondering who she should replace on my team. Right now, it's Cecil, Rain, Trance Terra, Noctis, and Y'shtola, all 6*. WOL will be replacing Cecil, and Rem will be replacing Y'shtola. I'm thinking maybe Rikku should replace Rain?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Tagichatn posted:

Got a gilgamesh from the 5* pull. I would've preferred someone I could use in a fight but his TM is top tier so I'm not going to complain. Maybe he's worth using after enhancements? I dunno.

His enhancements, which should be in the next wave are great.

He gets a buff to his finisher, Snowpetal, which ups the damage quite a bit but is pretty expensive in terms of crysts.

He also gets a very cheap buff to his Tri-Attack which turns it into a 12-hit move, perhaps the same as Tidus.

He also gets a reasonably priced upgrade to his passive weapon master which at max level gives +50% ATK while he's using Daggers/Spears/Swords/Katanas/Greatswords and stacks with a different weapon. Meaning that his attack will go through the roof.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 29, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So even with atk/mag break King mog in the challenge just OHKOs most of my party with meteor. And he loving loves to use it because it shows up in about 80% of the combat rounds.. :sigh:

ApplesandOranges posted:

Well my guaranteed pull got me... Orlandu? I assume that's good.

And then fished RIkku out from the FFX banner. Blew a few more tickets to get Tidus but only got a Wakka to show for it.

I presume just pump resources into getting Orlandu and then Rikku up? Haven't played this game in months.

Yes. Orlandu and Rikku are your top priority.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

DK Cecil on the guaranteed 5* pull, but the free 10+1 ticket got me both Rikku and Marie!

Rikku seems pretty self-explanatory to make great, but as for Marie, a lot of people here seem excited for her, so this seems like a good pull, but how does one use the Best Green Mage on a team for great success?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

I kind of regret not rerolling when I started the game, but I didn't really know about rerolling until I had played for a couple months and didn't want to reroll at that point. It didn't help that I don't think the OP for this thread really emphasizes that these days you have to have at least one of the newest top hotness, if not more than one, to do anything. I was lucky enough to pull Noctis during a players choice banner, and then later pulled Aileen on a daily pull. I've generally had really good luck with 4* pulls though, 3 setzers, Tilith, Zyrus, 3 rikkus, WoL.

I should have rerolled during the TGCid banner despite having Noctis, but I didn't realize how important it would be at the time.

It's actually explicitly clear about the need* to reroll.

*Which isn't actually a need, unless your OCD is triggered by not being able to do everything immediately.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
And now I crash when I try to get back in to a fight that I crashed in. Get your poo poo together Gumi you worthless fucks.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

A Big Dark Yak posted:

DK Cecil on the guaranteed 5* pull, but the free 10+1 ticket got me both Rikku and Marie!

Rikku seems pretty self-explanatory to make great, but as for Marie, a lot of people here seem excited for her, so this seems like a good pull, but how does one use the Best Green Mage on a team for great success?

Marie isn't someone you toss on your team all the time, you keep her ready because every now and then a fight comes along where you need massive, multi-element protection and then you thank god you pulled her. She's pretty much just there to cast Love You All. Sounds like she's worthless but she's one of those units that when you need her, you'll see people begging for her in the thread; as I once did.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

*Which isn't actually a need, unless your OCD is triggered by not being able to do everything immediately.

Stop telling people not to reroll, you troll!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I think the newer OP is better than the older one in that regard. It did have a mention of you should probably reroll to get a 5*, but then went to talk about how there are all these good 3-4* units in each role you can use! I had several of those so I thought I was good. Which, well, it got me through the story mode(with goon friends doing most of the boss battles), but that was about all I could do with them.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I think I won the day with horrible, horrible pulls. Peep this:

Guaranteed 4* - Rikku
5* Guaranteed 10+1 - Queen, Vaan, Raksashax2, Edgar, Edge, Rosa, Refia, Celes, Shantotto, Faris
10+1 Guaranteed ticket - Garnet, Fran, WoL, Arc, Lani, Charlotte, Aiden, Hayate, Medius, Golbez, Maria
FFX banner pull - Amelia, Cinque, Mustadio, Vanille, Beach Fina, Bartz, Wakka, Emperor, Bedile, Shera, Duane
FFX banner pull #2 - Hope, Sice, Golbez, Heitich, Freya, Eight, Lenna, WoL, Jean, Wakka
Tickets - Xiaox2, Faris, Amarant, Arc, Cyan, Garland, Refia, Sice, Zidane, Cinque, Agrias, Lukax2, Wakkax2, Gau, Cloud of Darkness, Shantottox2, Franx2 ,Raksasha, Artemois, Freya

Seeing that I started taking the game seriously around the FFT event, and all I've had to show for it so far was 5 base 5*, Noctis, Queen, and Emperor three times for some reason, I think it's a great time to reroll. I have nothing invested in the game and Gumi will never see a penny from me, so I may as well.

My best units today were Rikku and Amelia for goodness sake.

I'd like something alongside Noctis that can handle endgame content but my best DPS unit is Chizuru.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

how are you guys connecting? I've been getting nothing but "connection errors" for the past 5 hours.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Challenge moogle is no joke. Beat it but he would constantly drop my team to critical. Tilith cant pull double duty as both a healer and a buffer in these cases since she was lock into healing the party every single round.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Aileen on the 5* is a decent consolation prize for being king of poo poo pull mountain for a while now. I dropped more tickets than I should have chasing Tillith without a single character from that event. I guess now I need moogles for Aileen and then a good dual wield weapon?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Picnic Lunch posted:

My free 11 pull gave me Seabreeze Dark Fina and my guaranteed 5 star got me regular Dark Fina. Which is the better of the two to focus on? I don't have much in the way of other magic users.
They have identical stats and virtually the same kit except for the type of damage their level 100 spell does. Bikini Fina's TMR is probably a little better - BIS MAG robe with refresh vs essentially 30% MAG.

Double distress in the arena should let you carve up teams pretty quick.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

fullTimeLurker posted:

how are you guys connecting? I've been getting nothing but "connection errors" for the past 5 hours.

Around 3 hours ago it cleared up for me, but I was getting retrieval errors due to congestion that would just kick me out of the game. I haven't had any issues since but I wouldn't be surprised if others are. Maybe try force closing the app / resetting your phone and trying again?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

This setup + another dual wield Fryevia (friend) can clear Mog's Counterattack in 2 turns.

WoL: Keeps ATK/MAG break up
Tilith: All stat buff Turn 1 and full heals the party afterward
Ling: Status cleanse on Turn 1 if someone's asleep and applies DEF/SPR break on Turn 2+
Marie/Minfilia: All element resists + Shellga I guess?
Frys: i c e

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Let's start off small and go for a free pull. . .

Gold?! Rikku?!

No! 🌈 . . . FML. Ok gumi, my body is ready for delita:

Never complaining again.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Voodoo posted:

They have identical stats and virtually the same kit except for the type of damage their level 100 spell does. Bikini Fina's TMR is probably a little better - BIS MAG robe with refresh vs essentially 30% MAG.

So should two magic users doublecastin Ultima.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Khisanth Magus posted:

I think the newer OP is better than the older one in that regard. It did have a mention of you should probably reroll to get a 5*, but then went to talk about how there are all these good 3-4* units in each role you can use! I had several of those so I thought I was good. Which, well, it got me through the story mode(with goon friends doing most of the boss battles), but that was about all I could do with them.

It's more that people's attitudes went from "Hey, you can use these guys and clear 85% of the content." to "Holy poo poo, the game is clearing all the content, and if you don't have these specific awesome characters; you might as well kill yourself."

That OP was written back in November when we were bright eyed and hopeful for the future. We'd barely had any base 5s and Lightning was still on top of the mountain. Now we're older, wiser, and know that if you want to survive you need a party of base 5s and a few select base 4s.

Voodoo posted:

Dark Bond is +50% MAG. 30% for a rod and 20% more for a robe.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 29, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

It's more that people's attitudes went from "Hey, you can use these guys and clear 85% of the content." to "Holy poo poo, the game is clearing all the content, and if you don't have these specific awesome characters; you might as well kill yourself."

That OP was written back in November when we were bright eyed and hopeful for the future. We'd barely had any base 5s and Lightning was still on top of the mountain. Now we're older, wiser, and know that if you want to survive you need a party of base 5s and a few select base 4s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zZIl8sspM

Here's a dude clearing one of the most difficult 10 man content in FFBE with a team of 3* and 4* (Yshtola doesn't count she's free)

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 29, 2017

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Had a bunch of tickets and went ahead and got an extra 10+1. Pulled my first 5 base Freyvia, four wakkas in a row, and a tidus on my last ticket. Im happy.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Managed to clear Spherimorph on my first shot. Fohlen/Reberta/Amelia is a hell of a combo, even with it resisting wind. Wilhelm and Tillith combined for some pretty silly sustain. I'm not sure Spherimorph can even kill a decent Wilhelm. It's also a lot easier if you don't gently caress around with the elements he cares about. All he did was physically attack and use Press while I was using wind attacks.

Still have to go get some more butterfly powder for Razzmatazz, but nothing too crazy.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I pulled a Fohlen off the 5* ticket and have no idea how to gear him. What do you do with this guy?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

CyberLord XP posted:

I pulled a Fohlen off the 5* ticket and have no idea how to gear him. What do you do with this guy?

Similar to an Orlandeau. Dual wielding good weapons and all the attack up stuff you can throw on him. I'm lacking a lot of the really good TMs for it, but mine's been pretty impressive. I'm using Enhancer/Crimson Blood, Dual Wield, Lasswell's Insignia, and Dark Knight's Soul.

He's a bit different in that you have to either rely on Speedster triggering or Vortex first turn. He's self-supporting, but his chaining move doesn't apply the elemental debuff like Orlandeau.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zZIl8sspM

Here's a dude clearing one of the most difficult 10 man content in FFBE with a team of 3* and 4* (Yshtola doesn't count she's free)

There is 10 man content? That is pretty cool actually, didn't even know that was a thing.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

2 Luneths and a Nine. Okay.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Magic pull was... Marie. I'll take it. Support for days.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
In other news

So...close

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Delita on the guaranteed five star. Of course.
Tidus and Rikku on my other two eleven pulls, and I'm spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Managed to get Rikku after 13 tickets, including both of the 4* guaranteed I've been saving. Seriously drew 3 Kings in a row and I was about ready to smash damned phone into pieces. :argh:

10+1 ticket got me Rem, and 5* guaranteed got me...Delita. At least Rem is great in Arena, and Delita has a nice TM and I've seen some builds where he can be built for break/support. I'm just glad I didn't pull another Lightning, all things considered.

• Locked thread