Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was referring to the Kengan Asura side story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
My mistake, RatHat. I bet Niko could probably take Oliva. He gives off serious Hiko Seijuro vibes, you just know Ohma's master is a monster.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how Oliva is this super cultured/refined guy who also has an morbidly obese wife/girlfriend.

I look forward to some of the future Kengan Ashura fights being translated. There are two I have in mind that had unexpected results, with one being REALLY unexpected.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
First he was Kazzy the Raging Rook, now he's Kazzy the Toss Master. Looking forward to Kazuo's ever-expanding list of nicknames - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-009-Ch-068?id=371480

The running gags of (a) everyone having King-like levels of misunderstanding about Kazuo, and (b) all the women falling for Ohma, and him being completely oblivious to it, never ever gets old. :allears:

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 22, 2017

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Prediction: Kazuo is substituted for Ohma in the final match of the tournament. And wins.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Prediction: Kazuo is substituted for Ohma in the final match of the tournament. And wins.

I don't think it'll be the final match, but that has to happen at least once.

Kazuo being accidentally (or unknowingly, anyway) super competent is one of those jokes that never gets old :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

The running gags of (a) everyone having King-like levels of misunderstanding about Kazuo, and (b) all the women falling for Ohma, and him being completely oblivious to it, never ever gets old. :allears:

Misunderstandings X Violence X Power

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

he'll accidentally fall over and kick someone in the nuts really hard

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Actually he'll lose the fight but in such as way as to be even better than if he had won, e.g. it was a super secret plot for the other fighter to throw to fight, but they don't call him "Kazzy the Plot Armored" for nothing.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Missed translation opportunity by not having him say "They used to call me Kazzy the Tosser!"

but maybe that's having a little too mucn fun

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

New chapter's up.

TBH seems like they're setting up Muteba to lose, and that makes me sad. I'm indifferent to Mr. Genocider himself, but Tomari is great whenever she shows up so I want her fighter to last as long as possible. (So until the next round, basically, since he'd be fighting Julius.) Also, he's still more interesting than a generically bloodthirsty psychopath. Either way, one of them is probably a dead man.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The upcoming fight gets pretty gross just FYI- or at least the kind of violence in it kinda makes me cringe.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hell yeah Ive been waiting for this fight to be translated.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Fabricated posted:

The upcoming fight gets pretty gross just FYI- or at least the kind of violence in it kinda makes me cringe.
are we talking baki level where we see people's nerves pulled out of their bodies

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Relin posted:

are we talking baki level where we see people's nerves pulled out of their bodies
Mugabe has a move he is very fond of that's pretty nasty. It's not like pulling out literal entrails or nerves though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
not sure why thats spoilered when it doesn't actually tell us antyhing tbh

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jose posted:

Yeah and the raws are like a zillion chapters head but I figure some people will just want to be surprised and not know who does what even vaguely.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Huh, this took a turn. Mugabe's got more fans than Ohma, somehow.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think it is a spoiler that the two vicious assholes without sympathetic backstories are gonna tear each other up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

a spoiler is who wins not that someone gets their dick torn off really graphically

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rangpur posted:

New chapter's up.

TBH seems like they're setting up Muteba to lose, and that makes me sad. I'm indifferent to Mr. Genocider himself, but Tomari is great whenever she shows up so I want her fighter to last as long as possible. (So until the next round, basically, since he'd be fighting Julius.) Also, he's still more interesting than a generically bloodthirsty psychopath. Either way, one of them is probably a dead man.

Winner of this fight goes against the winner of the next. Julius fights that tiger dude who's won like 300 fights.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm having trouble trying to wrap my head around the logistics of him leaving that trail of exhausted women in his wake and still making it to the fight on time. Did he leave an hour or so early so he could take a gently caress break every few steps or did he just like walk and gently caress at the same time? I hope it wasn't the second because he couldn't have lasted very long if that was the case judging by the distance in between the women. Maybe they had already hosed in the bedroom and he just decided to leave a breadcrumb trail to let his boss know he had left for the fight?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was a very passionate 5 seconds per woman

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

tweet my meat posted:

I'm having trouble trying to wrap my head around the logistics of him leaving that trail of exhausted women in his wake and still making it to the fight on time. Did he leave an hour or so early so he could take a gently caress break every few steps or did he just like walk and gently caress at the same time? I hope it wasn't the second because he couldn't have lasted very long if that was the case judging by the distance in between the women. Maybe they had already hosed in the bedroom and he just decided to leave a breadcrumb trail to let his boss know he had left for the fight?

Who says he blessed all of them individually with his seed? Clearly he saved it for the last (and best). :colbert:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jose posted:

Knowing that Muteba has a move that hurts someone in a cringe-inducing way is basically the same as saying "at the very least, this character isn't going to get steam-rolled like Wakatsuki's opponent was (for example)."

This fight is a pretty cool one and is one of the handful of fights that have shown up in the raws that wasn't really predictable.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Stop making me want to spy on the raws.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

This fight feels like a real tossup. Ginzega is definitely more interesting so far so I'm rooting for him, I guess. Having an african mercenary called THE GENOCIDER is in such spectacularly bad taste that it wraps back around to being kind of funny.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah, Gazinga's whole over the top mercenary fucklord gimmick really works for him, one of the more interesting fighters and the raws of the fight were really good. I can't wait to see it translated.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Begemot posted:

This fight feels like a real tossup. Ginzega is definitely more interesting so far so I'm rooting for him, I guess. Having an african mercenary called THE GENOCIDER is in such spectacularly bad taste that it wraps back around to being kind of funny.

his flashback came first so he'll lose

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

his flashback came first so he'll lose

Not just that, he's also got spectators and a Kure clan member hyping him up. He's definitely going to lose.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
He also has tattoos, and the mangaka in post-chapter comments stated that the artist hates drawing tattoos so he tries to reduce screen-time of heavily tattooed character to minimum, so The Genocider is doomed like three times over.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the genocider is a cool nickname

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Muteba has pretty simple tats though, just solid shapes and such. Also he is not a brit/american, and thus can survive fights.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I want Muteba to win because his CEO loving rules and he's over the top enough to be kinda fun too. He's got a literal fight boner. I don't give a poo poo about the slavering beastman dude who so far has just been 'crazy' in all the most generic ways.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Beast dude owns as he is a literal murderer

But I doubt that attitude will get him far

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ZeroCount posted:

I want Muteba to win because his CEO loving rules and he's over the top enough to be kinda fun too. He's got a literal fight boner. I don't give a poo poo about the slavering beastman dude who so far has just been 'crazy' in all the most generic ways.

Yeah in a cast of pretty interesting characters beastman dude has been pretty much "ya ha ha, I am anime crazy because I LOOOOOOVE KILLING DUDES!!!!" Maybe his backstory dump will make him more interesting.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

verbal enema posted:

he's no genocider

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

verbal enema posted:

There are quite a number of other literal murderers and assassins in the tournament though. Inaba, Kure Raian, Not-Sasuke, the bald prisoner dude, the policeman with the hidden earpiece, the bearded guy who carves sculptures with his fingers, and Genocider himself.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the kure clan is straight up a clan of assassins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

JosephWongKS posted:

There are quite a number of other literal murderers and assassins in the tournament though. Inaba, Kure Raian, Not-Sasuke, the bald prisoner dude, the policeman with the hidden earpiece, the bearded guy who carves sculptures with his fingers, and Genocider himself.

ok he is obsessed with the act itself as opposed to the outcome

he knows he will kill so he doesn't think further than that