Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Why is there a Mother's Day and a Father's Day but no Kid's Day??? Why is there no white history month???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
What I want to know is why there's no Super Rich People day. The 1% are one of the smalles minorities, and yet it's totally okay to persecute them with hate speach.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Why is there a Mother's Day and a Father's Day but no Kid's Day??? Why is there no white history month???

As a child I asked my parents both of these questions.

Apparently the first is because "that's every day", and the second is because "liberals".

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

MExico has a Kid's day. Check mate gringos :smug:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

an actual dog posted:

It's way better than the underwater one but not by much...

I loved the underwater level back in the day, the gimmick of having infinite bombs and using them to light up the area in front of you was a cool wrinkle. Shame that the framerate chugged so badly, though.

The sea level that was a mild stealth level by requiring you to shootout the spotlights was good too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/notch/status/880530212655579137

incomprehensible

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Good lord what a goddamn rear end in a top hat.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Notch is....vegan??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Guy Mann posted:

I loved the underwater level back in the day, the gimmick of having infinite bombs and using them to light up the area in front of you was a cool wrinkle. Shame that the framerate chugged so badly, though.

The sea level that was a mild stealth level by requiring you to shootout the spotlights was good too.

music is good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3TaWWkmMFw

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

there is bitch it's on may 5

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

The REAL Goobusters posted:

MExico has a Kid's day. Check mate gringos :smug:

See another reason I am against building a wall.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/donniemnemonic/status/734508442208063488

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

If my life is delicious I don't see what I'm doing wrong.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

notch poured all the candy on the floor and when it was still there 10 minutes later he panicked

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

lol of course he's this loving guy

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Why do people pay attention to Notch? He doesn't make anything anymore or work with anyone, he just sits around and tweets all day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

Good work, gamer

Is WA2 good? I played the first one and the remake of the first one but never the others

I liked it more than 1, even if the translation is spotty. The characters + expanded roster made the battle system more fun, changing MP into Force made for some more interesting choices during boss battles, and letting you skip 75% of encounters meant you could keep yourself under leveled as you please to adjust the difficulty. The story was also crazy and fun, even if the details are lost in the crappy translation.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
He's a good guideline for the kind of person not to be, that's why. If notch has an opinion, just believe the other way round and you'll be fine.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Grapplejack posted:

Why do people pay attention to Notch? He doesn't make anything anymore or work with anyone, he just sits around and tweets all day.

You say this as if it doesn't describe many celebrities.

Notch just had a shorter "prime" than most.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Grapplejack posted:

Ladies and gentlemen the next President of the United States, Notch.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

dont worry notch will probably die of a heart attack in 5 years and another fat internet "rational" libertarian can take his place

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

anyone hear from gaben lately........

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The best part is the replies from people who are shocked at the revelation that Notch is a gigantic twat

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There's a lot of design stuff that Minecraft does that attributes to its popularity and success and it was a long time ago when I realized that it was all included by accident.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

mutata posted:

There's a lot of design stuff that Minecraft does that attributes to its popularity and success and it was a long time ago when I realized that it was all included by accident.

I didn't know stealing everything from Zachtronics was accidental

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Zaggitz posted:

If my life is delicious I don't see what I'm doing wrong.

well, you're talking to the minecraft manchild, for one

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
"God I wish I wasn't so friendless" - a guy who keeps acting like an rear end lol

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

if i could trade places with notch i probably wouldnt his life seems like a neverending hell and rotted candy

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FirstAidKite posted:

"God I wish I wasn't so friendless" - a guy who keeps acting like an rear end lol

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

raditts posted:

The best part is the replies from people who are shocked at the revelation that Notch is a gigantic twat

Who the gently caress is Notch?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

McSpanky posted:

The Infiniminer guy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

McSpanky posted:

he made minecraft and sold it for 1000 billion dollars and didn't give a cent of it to any of the people he ripped off or who helped him make it, lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ostentatious posted:

if i could trade places with notch i probably wouldnt his life seems like a neverending hell and rotted candy

I mean aside from his likely unhealthy body, you could just not act like a complete douche and then you'd be a billionaire without any of his problems.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

McSpanky posted:

some pathetic mra dude with a candy wall

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I mean aside from his likely unhealthy body, you could just not act like a complete douche and then you'd be a billionaire without any of his problems.
notch has done literally nothing with his money besides sit around and be miserable all day, which is insane to me. do coke, man. buy the rights to chrono trigger and remake it as an fps. you could do literally anything you wanted.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

lol

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Endorph posted:

he made minecraft and sold it for 1000 billion dollars and didn't give a cent of it to any of the people he ripped off or who helped him make it, lol

Oh he's gaming's Mark Zuckerberg, gotcha.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's pretty inevitable that at some point he's going to run his mouth someplace that isn't twitter and get his loving clock cleaned and i'm looking forward to that day

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

notch has done literally nothing with his money besides sit around and be miserable all day, which is insane to me. do coke, man. buy the rights to chrono trigger and remake it as an fps. you could do literally anything you wanted.

I mean wrt the unhealthy lifestyle/body thing you could literally pay a six-figure salary to a full-time chef to cook you multiple healthy, delicious meals per day

being a millionaire or narrowly part of the 1% or w/e is one thing, having notch money or trump money or w/e is totally different and I've always thought it was baffling how mundane or sad some of their lives seem to be (almsot as if there's a lesson here about what kind of person becomes uber rich and something something money and love)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

McSpanky posted:

Oh he's gaming's Mark Zuckerberg, gotcha.

speaking of our next president

• Locked thread