Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
10+1 and 15 tickets in. Another Noctis and 2 Dark Finas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Now that I have Rikku, I'm wondering who she should replace on my team. Right now, it's Cecil, Rain, Trance Terra, Noctis, and Y'shtola, all 6*. WOL will be replacing Cecil, and Rem will be replacing Y'shtola. I'm thinking maybe Rikku should replace Rain? Oh, and I guess I should swap out TT for Marie? So, a brand new team of WOL, Rikku, Marie, Noctis, and Rem?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
My buddy got Orlandeau on an 11 pull today. Congrats to all of y'all who managed to pull God with your free pulls today. You've won the game.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Now that I have Rikku, I'm wondering who she should replace on my team. Right now, it's Cecil, Rain, Trance Terra, Noctis, and Y'shtola, all 6*. WOL will be replacing Cecil, and Rem will be replacing Y'shtola. I'm thinking maybe Rikku should replace Rain? Oh, and I guess I should swap out TT for Marie? So, a brand new team of WOL, Rikku, Marie, Noctis, and Rem?

Marie is a more niche character, kinda like Minfilia. If you need all the elemental resistances up at once then she's perfect for that job with Love You All (+50% all resist up to all allies for 3 turns). Or if you need to knock down a resistance she can Anti-Element (-40% all resist to all enemies for 3 turns). After that she doesn't have much to do, she comes with dual cast and with a source of Cura (esper or gear) she can do some offhealing. She doesn't get white magic levels so she can't get that curaja materia. Basically if you're doing content where you aren't messing with elemental resistances then she doesn't bring much to the party but is indispensable when you do. She and Trance Terra cover entirely difference niches so adjust your party accordingly.

WoL can do breaks and do them better than Rain so I'd bring Rikku to replace Rain. If WoL has to tank or provoke or otherwise can't break then Noctis with Warp Break and Thunder Flask can cover the breaking side of things.

e: added quote for slow postin'

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Did my first pull in the morning, on a work break

Dark fina, which i got last week, but I could maybe do some fun ultima chaining. I also got rikku on my free draw, so lets use those base 4 tickets on the tilith banner.

Oh hey, the 2nd one turned into a rainbow, which one is thi-

Welp.

That aside, this isnt' that bad of a pull. I got Rikku, and a 2nd moonblade and dark bond means I can do some good dark elemental chains and oh look, Garland's 6* awakening just came out with a -50% darkness imperil.
Looks like I got some TM grinding to do.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Also I imagine Lightning's now obsoleted once I get my new pulls up to par.

I wager my standard team going forward is gonna be Orlandu/Freyvia/Refia/Rikku/Cecil? Vaan's probably gonna get his 6* soon, not sure if that's worth piling him in. CoD can also get looped in from time to time.

Looking at the tier list I'm pretty amazed I got three top tier units in my pulls today. It's almost like the game is rewarding me for coming back.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also I imagine Lightning's now obsoleted once I get my new pulls up to par.

I wager my standard team going forward is gonna be Orlandu/Freyvia/Refia/Rikku/Cecil? Vaan's probably gonna get his 6* soon, not sure if that's worth piling him in. CoD can also get looped in from time to time.

Looking at the tier list I'm pretty amazed I got three top tier units in my pulls today. It's almost like the game is rewarding me for coming back.

Vaan 6* is crap and your comp is solid.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tengames posted:

Did my first pull in the morning, on a work break

Dark fina, which i got last week, but I could maybe do some fun ultima chaining. I also got rikku on my free draw, so lets use those base 4 tickets on the tilith banner.

Row 2, unit in the middle, did you use #BERSERKERRISK before pulling?

Scrublord Prime posted:

Marie is a more niche character, kinda like Minfilia. If you need all the elemental resistances up at once then she's perfect for that job with Love You All (+50% all resist up to all allies for 3 turns). Or if you need to knock down a resistance she can Anti-Element (-40% all resist to all enemies for 3 turns). After that she doesn't have much to do, she comes with dual cast and with a source of Cura (esper or gear) she can do some offhealing. She doesn't get white magic levels so she can't get that curaja materia. Basically if you're doing content where you aren't messing with elemental resistances then she doesn't bring much to the party but is indispensable when you do. She and Trance Terra cover entirely difference niches so adjust your party accordingly.

WoL can do breaks and do them better than Rain so I'd bring Rikku to replace Rain. If WoL has to tank or provoke or otherwise can't break then Noctis with Warp Break and Thunder Flask can cover the breaking side of things.

e: added quote for slow postin'

OK, so I'll just turn my team into WOL, Rikku, Trance Terra, Noctis, and Rem, and keep Marie in reserve. Thanks!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

For fucks sake Gumi remove the small cactuars and gil turtles from the raid coin list. This raid is absolute poo poo

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Scrublord Prime posted:

Around 3 hours ago it cleared up for me, but I was getting retrieval errors due to congestion that would just kick me out of the game. I haven't had any issues since but I wouldn't be surprised if others are. Maybe try force closing the app / resetting your phone and trying again?

Was finally able to log in by switching off the WiFi. If anyone else is getting connection errors, try using just your data to log on.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Got Olive and Rikku and who cares after that. Totally fine with that. I pulled hard for Olive on her banner originally so that was a nice surprise.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

For fucks sake Gumi remove the small cactuars and gil turtles from the raid coin list. This raid is absolute poo poo

Seriously! The raid boss sucks and the raid gacha doubly sucks. And you can only pull 1000 coins at a time.
I'll at the very least get the tickets out of the prizes, maybe get the trust moogle if I can deal with it. I won't even bother trying to get the pots.

Hopefully by then I can get one of the Mog's TM for Rikku. At the rate I'm seeing it drop, that's not likely.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hamsystem posted:

Got Olive and Rikku and who cares after that. Totally fine with that. I pulled hard for Olive on her banner originally so that was a nice surprise.

Level up that beast LB yo! Grats dude, Olive is aaaaaaawesome.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My summons got me Rikku, Ace, Maria and Tidus. It was a really good amount of luck, there.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Pulled for Rikku, got Freyvia instead. I can live with that.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
RNG, a short story:

me: "you know, forgetting to LB pot Rikku at 4* sucks, and I kinda want Tidus. I think I'll throw 10 tickets at the gacha for them.
Ticket 1: blue to GOLD! Rikku #2
Ticket 2: GOLD to RAINBOW?! :woop: HOLY poo poo IT'S TIDUS :woop:

fin

Currently sitting at 81 tickets and a bunch of Lapis.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Agreed. I'm always stoked for Raids and this one is mind bogglingly awful.

I've pulled a couple Mogs, but haven't seen a King Minitaur, and barely even seen any Gigantuars.

I guess they made the rewards crap because the boss doesn't actually attack you?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the sheen has worn off of aileen some now that i realize she's super loving hard to chain. one of the frequently unspoken things about the chaining meta is that it tends to presume you have two of any of the good chaining units, and, welp.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Agreed. I'm always stoked for Raids and this one is mind bogglingly awful.

I've pulled a couple Mogs, but haven't seen a King Minitaur, and barely even seen any Gigantuars.

I guess they made the rewards crap because the boss doesn't actually attack you?

Didn't this raid come out really early in JP compared to where it came out in GL? IIRC, it was before even Ifrit? They probably just got lazy on the banner rewards and just reused it wholesale.

rabidsquid posted:

the sheen has worn off of aileen some now that i realize she's super loving hard to chain. one of the frequently unspoken things about the chaining meta is that it tends to presume you have two of any of the good chaining units, and, welp.

It's pretty well known (I think) that Aileen and Tidus are for macroers only. Which is why TGC is so loving sought after. Aileen is still sick though, and she's going to only get better.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The new Moogle unit isn't terrible. All elements covered, all the good healer spells except Raise.

Nice red mage. Don't need Raise if you've got Rikku.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

RNG, a short story:

me: "you know, forgetting to LB pot Rikku at 4* sucks, and I kinda want Tidus. I think I'll throw 10 tickets at the gacha for them.

fin

On the other spectrum:

Firion Alma Jack Cinque Rosa Kefka Faris Aiden Tellah Elle Rosa(again) Beach-time Fina (me: gently caress this banner)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

rabidsquid posted:

I noted this in the section about chaining in the OP. Try to add some friends with Aileen from the goon list, failing that start searching for pubbies. I've already added a couple Tidus just to have more to make mine work.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zZIl8sspM

Here's a dude clearing one of the most difficult 10 man content in FFBE with a team of 3* and 4* (Yshtola doesn't count she's free)

I can't read Japanese but how many TMs are those units using?

Astrochicken posted:

Had a bunch of tickets and went ahead and got an extra 10+1. Pulled my first 5 base Freyvia, four wakkas in a row, and a tidus on my last ticket. Im happy.

As you should be because both of those units are amazingly good.

Kheldarn posted:

Rain is worthless since you'll be using WoL who has better (aoe) breaks.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

He's not using any TMs, all his materia and gear are easy to get event/story gear.

Thats why you USUALLY have a friend unit take that slack. Problem is no one uses Eileen friends because she's still not horribly OP without her enhancements. Once she does get them though.

That being said, I didnt had issues chaining her with my dual T.Terras, but thats mostly because T.Terras chaos waves last forever and its a nice steady stream of hits that makes it almost impossible not to chain with everything else.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 30, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Wow, hearing about everyone's pulls just makes me want to jump off a cliff. I didn't even level Queen because I'm so disappointed in her. (Also because I ran out of cactuars leveling Rikku and WoL)

e: vvvvv while true, I am missing DAMAGE, and this is severely impairing me. no chainers, my best damage units are Lightning for physical, T.Terra for magical, and no one puts up T.Terras so I can't chain with her.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 30, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rikku is probably more useful to have than a very solid percentage of those base 5*

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I got loving destroyed chasing a 4* again, jesus christ.
63 summons to get Chizuru, 50 chasing Zyrus to no avail, and now 57 + 4* tickets with squat to show for it chasing Rikku.

God damnit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

RNG, a short story:

fin

Followed your example and gave the gatcha gods 2 tickets just because "Well at worst I might get another waka and hell, he'll be useful for the king mog event in like 6 months". Got a tidus too.

I genuinely think something is hosed with the rates.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 30, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the only on banner 4* i can get are type zero units for mog king events

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

best off-hand for tidus -- is camilles tmr aqua blade best in slot or am i better off with the ol genji blade/blade master combo?

aqua blade would free up a materia spot where dual wield once was. does the elemental damage outweigh the raw attack stat loss? could make up some of those numbers with another shine tmr once it's done cooking.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Guaranteed 5* 10+1:

Free standard 10+1:

Looks like I've got some evasion TMRs to farm up.

Ticket pulls with 82 left:
Wakka
Wakka
Rikku

Well that was quick. But since Wakka has a decent TMR, why not go for broke? I could use a better 5* DPS.

40 tickets and a full set of swimsuit Finas and Lids later:

Sweet. Doubled my 5* collection. Now to cut some cacti.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Where exactly does Rikku fit in a team comp? Does she take the support role like a Ling does? Or does she replace Tillith as a healer?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So should two magic users doublecastin Ultima.
RIP Black Magic or Dual Cast ban that seems to happen every other week. :(

PaybackJack posted:

Dark Bond is +50% MAG. 30% for a rod and 20% more for a robe.
Hurr durr, you're right of course. I even have this TMR equipped on Dark Fina for this very reason.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Well, I can't get a Tidus, but this happened for me, which is nice.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I just realized I'm a single Dark Fina short of fielding a full team of different versions of Fina.

So close to my FINA FANTASY!

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
So is the elite boss for the Macalania Woods broken or am I just an idiot? I just fought it over 12 turns or so, and it never gained any elemental weaknesses. I managed to still get it down to about 15% health due to 2 Setzers throwing out double dice each turn, but every other unit I had was incapable of doing damage.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

With 28 tickets left I decided to yolo the BF frontier for Tilith. 13 tickets in and three off banner golds later I finally got my first on banner BF character! It was Tilith! :woop:

Guess it's time to hit the TMR macro again.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
did the free 11 pull.
Noctis get. Sweet.

I should be using tickets to get Rikku, but im conflictedly mad at her (dont ask), Ill do it later.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 30, 2017

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
My guaranteed 5* netted me my 3rd freaking Dark Fina. Thanks game. My free 11 pull was total trash. I did another 11 pull and got Rikku, so that's good at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
These Kings pots thing dungeon is SEX

SEX I SAY

• Locked thread