Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

araki invented anime when he made the jojo's anime in 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Endorph posted:

Time doesn't go linearly in the story, it jumps forward by a few months with each singularity. That's why there's no actual story event for new year's, just a gacha. Of course, that does raise the question of how we could have had two halloweens in that time, but, uh, shutu p.

Canonically events happen roughly at the time they get released. They mention how it's been a year and such.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Anyone experiencing white screen crashes after starting the game? Can't get it to work on my kindle. Sad!

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
So I impulse pulled a Jeanne...
Is the best way to level her just to buy the mana prism EXP card packs?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wow coincidence. I impulse ticketed for a summon and got jeanne as well.

I used up all my luck, havent I

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Tae posted:

Wow coincidence. I impulse ticketed for a summon and got jeanne as well.

I used up all my luck, havent I

You have more luck the more quartz you spend.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Argas posted:

You have more luck the more quartz you spend.

Luck being directly correlated by how many Black Keys you have.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Gologle posted:

How Jojo does this game get in later chapters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7JfPvVQfTE

symphoniccacophony
Mar 20, 2009

Gologle posted:

How Jojo does this game get in later chapters?

Some of the characters do good poses, but NONE as fabulous as Jojo.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Siegfried's NP description is so poorly worded I can't tell if it only hurts dragons or just hurts dragons more, but this wiki I found seems to indicate it hits everyone. If I only have him and Lily for 4* Sabers is he worth leveling up to use instead of her?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
See the sum total of Siegfried's contributions in Orleans and extrapolate that to his contribution in actual gameplay.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

SereneCrimson posted:

So I impulse pulled a Jeanne...
Is the best way to level her just to buy the mana prism EXP card packs?

Yeah, unfortunately there aren't any Ruler EXP cards so you only get a bonus from the universal ones. But you'll probably eventually use off class EXP cards too, since you might start stockpiling for a class that you aren't leveling and have nothing to do with them.

I also pulled again, but didn't get Jeanne. Got Altera. The gacha is... good civilization? Probably still a better idea to stockpile right now. Considering how much earlier in the year NA launched compared to JP, I wonder if NA will keep the same banner/event schedule. I half expect something to be announced at Anime Expo. Waiting 2 months for the first banner and 2 and a half months for the first event sounds pretty terrible.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
They will keep up the same pace, gatcha games are all about weekly events.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

symphoniccacophony posted:

Some of the characters do good poses, but NONE as fabulous as Jojo.

Emiya Alter is a JoJo.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

So Altera is bad, but is she just bad for a 5* or is she bad generally? Seems like she does a ton of damage but her spells are quite average.

Also if I have Waver/Altera/Tamocat/Liz what free 4* should I be choosing to best complement my team?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

EzEight posted:

They will keep up the same pace, gatcha games are all about weekly events.

Something tells me you're not actually familiar with F/GO's release schedule.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
From testing today, Suzuka Gozen actually crits pretty drat hard if you manage to stack all your buffs right. Still doesn't really beat out Jeanne Alter, but eh, who does?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Schubalts posted:

Emiya Alter is a JoJo.

no jojo would have a design that bad

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

cpaf posted:

So Altera is bad, but is she just bad for a 5* or is she bad generally? Seems like she does a ton of damage but her spells are quite average.

Also if I have Waver/Altera/Tamocat/Liz what free 4* should I be choosing to best complement my team?

Ultimately, the reason the two 5* Sabers are considered bad is because they get outclassed when future CE's and Servants are released. They aren't bad now. In fact, Gilgamesh is considered one of the best Archers in the game, but when he first releases, he won't be that much stronger than the two Sabers. It's just that future content benefits him more. There are no bad 5* for the current content. In fact Waver is probably the worst performing servant of the current 5*, but once he hits ascension level 3 he'll be a god amongst men.

As for which free 4* to pick, I'm going for Emiya not because he compliments my team, but because he's one of the most common bonus units for events. Martha benefits Tamamo by clearing her self-stun. Martha is also good with Jeanne if you ever snag her. Heracles is one of the best Berserkers in the game even compared to 5* Berserkers. Even though you already have a Berserker, running 2 Berserkers in a single team is surprisingly not that crazy. Marie Antoinette is the NA server's Meme Queen if you care about that. Carmilla is a solid Assassin in a game that lacks good Assassins for a long time. There are a lot of options.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
When people talk 4* Emiya, is it only Archer for global?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
When a CE says 'Increase ____ Card Effectiveness' is it only damage or does it also like increase NP generation if its for Arts cards?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Siegfried should work well with Saint-George. George's NP transforms the enemy into a Dragon.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MotU posted:

When a CE says 'Increase ____ Card Effectiveness' is it only damage or does it also like increase NP generation if its for Arts cards?

"Effectiveness" means it boosts damage, NP generation and crit star drop rate.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

MotU posted:

Yeah arts boosts NP gen, quick boosts crit star gen, buster kinda loses out on that front.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Trihugger posted:

Yeah, unfortunately there aren't any Ruler EXP cards so you only get a bonus from the universal ones. But you'll probably eventually use off class EXP cards too, since you might start stockpiling for a class that you aren't leveling and have nothing to do with them.
Yeah since my best Saber is Saber Lily, I've been shoving every Saber XP card into my Jeanne. She's up to 40 so I might start doing the same for Herc/Robin/Cu/Ushiwakamaru because I want to get a large enough pool of fellows able to do the 40AP daily.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MrLonghair posted:

When people talk 4* Emiya, is it only Archer for global?

The only Emiya in the us game right now is the 4* Archer yeah

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So I got FormalCraft but I already got Projection with decent exp pumped into it. What should I do? This sucks.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, so in the name of chasing my waifu (don't judge me), I am willing to trade my current Jeanne/Stheno roll for one with Altera (ie. Alien, female, flying Atilla the Hun). Any takers?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Ok, so in the name of chasing my waifu (don't judge me), I am willing to trade my current Jeanne/Stheno roll for one with Altera (ie. Alien, female, flying Atilla the Hun). Any takers?

I posted one two days ago, nobody said anything, so maybe it's still there?

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
I just rolled an account I plan on keeping, I have an Altria and Hercules account though if someone wants it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Finally looked it up that when everyone says Waver, they're referring to Zhuge. That explains a bit.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

delfin posted:

Finally looked it up that when everyone says Waver, they're referring to Zhuge. That explains a bit.

It's because for the longest time people couldn't read what was printed on the card so they just went with the picture. :v:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Also he is literally Waver.

His final ascension turns him young even.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Also Zhuge Liang is hard to type. :v:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

delfin posted:

A lot of the common nicknames are pretty unhelpful to new players. Especially in this case, since the game is making at least a slight attempt to actively conceal his identity from casual players until he ascends.

I've still never bothered to figure out which of the dozen or so possible candidates "Sumanai" refers to.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's Siegfried and I'm not gonna not call him Waver because people haven't seen Fate/Zero because that's who he is to me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Bholder posted:

His final ascension turns him young even.
gently caress! Why'd you have to say that? Now I have to get him somehow.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

A lot of the common nicknames are pretty unhelpful to new players. Especially in this case, since the game is making at least a slight attempt to actively conceal his identity from casual players until he ascends.

I've still never bothered to figure out which of the dozen or so possible candidates "Sumanai" refers to.

Siegfried. No idea why or how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He sucks gameplay wise and apologizes a lot in the game's story which came off as a hilarious kind of pathetic to players so it became a recurring joke.