Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

Good game scum! Was a fun game to play in and watch, thanks for running it Taste.

I have no idea how you guys saw Hal pretend to triple vote and then gloat about escaping the day and then gave him a pass the next day. No townie acts like that on or near a lylo day. I'm also a little disappointed that Tired Moritz' vig claim was completely overlooked, there's no way scum with an extra nightkill would have burned it on night 1 instead of holding onto it. Finally if I was alive and a player spammed the thread like Kasu did I would have parked my vote on them and went afk, that was horribly obnoxious.

I saw both chaoslord and Kasu visit me the night I died and thought chaoslord was a lying serial killer right up until TMMadman claimed he was a backup doctor.

Anyway I'm just glad to have gotten a scum executed before I got killed myself, that's all I can really ask for in a town game.

It really came down to the fact that Hal legitimately seemed surprised about being alive after the lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'm glad town worked with a survivor. TM you played a great game. So did TMM, but honestly TM was a standout.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'm glad me holding out on voting D1 raised enough suspicion until the late game. I'm not glad about how little time I otherwise had. Sorry friends.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm always glad to have you, ern!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

You claimed your kill way too late dude, would have been a different game if you had claimed earlier.

I don't know. I can forgive him for not claiming the vig kill earlier, but I think Tireds real problem was not pushing against Ernie harder after his 3P claim.

If Tired had even just said "that's a bullshit claim" or "I don't believe Ernie" or anything along those lines in his first post or two after the claim, I would have been much more inclined to believe he was a 3P at the end. Even if he didn't try hard to push Ernie after the claim and just made a "that's bullshit" type post. But instead, there is like no reaction at all to the Survivor claim and that was ultimately a factor in my decision.

I could forgive Tired all the pushes against town, I could even forgive him the weird argument about Chaos' claim, but not trying to get Ernie hung almost immediately was an issue for me.

Tired, honestly, you did a really nice job of being a Survivor and I'm sorry I screwed up at the end. I really would have liked to give you a 3P win there.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Someone post the scum doc please, and/or quote it for me if I'm blind and missed it

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, sorry for letting you down at the end Chaos. I wanted a town win.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

Also, sorry for letting you down at the end Chaos. I wanted a town win.

You played good, dont worry about it. I mean, I let the one shot cop die because I spaced on that half of his ability so I'm not in any position to criticize play here :v:

Good thing for me is the guy I latched on to all game as being scum was, in fact, non town. Unfortunately he was a survivor :negative: Good news also in that I correctly identified a scum from content game, but then I just completely ignored him for the next few days because I was chasing that survivor. :negative:

Swings and roundabouts, this game.

Oh also Tired, post your role PM, I want to see what fisk had to say about jozy :allears:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I don't think I gloated about escaping. I was just surprised at being alive

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

chaoslord posted:

Oh also Tired, post your role PM, I want to see what fisk had to say about jozy :allears:

You are Jozy Altidore, all-around garbageman, Toronto FC (formerly of a disastrous stretch at Sunderland). Oh, I hate you, Jozy, you trash heap. Sure, you can score against loving Haiti or some other country with part-time players, or in a friendly, but in games that matter you fall over and injure yourself or just disappear. It’s a miracle you still have a spot in the starting 11, and the sooner Bobby Wood puts you in the ground the better. Nevertheless, you are a Self-Aligned Survivor, with several one-shot abilities. You possess 1 Night Vig, which will kill one player of your choice (useable only at night), 1 Bulletproof, which will protect you from one nightkill, and 1 Hide, which will make you untargetable for one night. You win if you are alive when the game ends, you selfish, lazy player.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I thought you did a good job moritz, your only failure was not siding with the scum!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

You are Jozy Altidore, all-around garbageman, Toronto FC (formerly of a disastrous stretch at Sunderland). Oh, I hate you, Jozy, you trash heap. Sure, you can score against loving Haiti or some other country with part-time players, or in a friendly, but in games that matter you fall over and injure yourself or just disappear. It’s a miracle you still have a spot in the starting 11, and the sooner Bobby Wood puts you in the ground the better. Nevertheless, you are a Self-Aligned Survivor, with several one-shot abilities. You possess 1 Night Vig, which will kill one player of your choice (useable only at night), 1 Bulletproof, which will protect you from one nightkill, and 1 Hide, which will make you untargetable for one night. You win if you are alive when the game ends, you selfish, lazy player.

Flavor of the year

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Pinterest Mom posted:

gw scum~

I replaced out because I don't care for masonries, and Taste and I agreed that it would be better for noted new player Added Space to have a pleasant mason-buddy that would help him get his bearings in the game, of mafia.

So Taste replaced me with Infinitum.

How did that work out for you? :v:

Thanks for the positive thought I guess.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
TMM I appreciate how much thought you visibly put into playing games when you make it far enough, even if you tend to fall down every rabbit hole ever. :)

This was a fun read everyone, good stuff!

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
Raeg can you post your full role?

Scumdoc is here

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

TMM I appreciate how much thought you visibly put into playing games when you make it far enough, even if you tend to fall down every rabbit hole ever. :)

This was a fun read everyone, good stuff!

Yeah I get way too paranoid at the end of games. I don't like to be killed early, but I also don't really like being in mylo/lylo.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Kasumeat posted:

Raeg can you post your full role?

Scumdoc is here

I lost the PM but it was more or less as stated in my final post about it. Limited JOAT-type thing where I had to use the power in the day it came available (I think, I never avoided using it or thought I could delay it)

Night 2: One off power to track/watch or hide

Night 4: One off power to doc or cop (I was going to be real sad about Chaos not protecting me on dis one but reading the scum doc, I was super dead anyway)

Night 5: Unblockable vig (why it was unblockable, who knows?????)

Had a lot of fun playing this game, really made me want to jump back into playing Mafia games.

I did find it funny that the scum doc found me to be more of a clear townie than the town itself.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I super hate this setup. If it wasn't for that MOTM boon from Infi, town would never have had a chance.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Scum also felt the setup was tilted, but in town's favor lol.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I thought it was very town-favor. With dead cop n1, two town masons getting lynch'd/suicide, tracker/watcher basically doing nothing, and no doc saves, and they still managed to reach end game with three nearly clear townies? If Scum didn't have the sudden lynchproof, town would had instantly won when kasu got killed.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I should have just given Tired the win even if he had been scum. Hal saying use reason over emotion did kind of give me pause. I shouldn't have listened to it though because at heart I'm an emotional player.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I should have just given Tired the win even if he had been scum. Hal saying use reason over emotion did kind of give me pause. I shouldn't have listened to it though because at heart I'm an emotional player.

We could have voted circl and then me and Moritz could have both won

I mean if you really cared...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Also why don't I deserve to win you big jerk

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

As far as the balance goes, I dunno it seemed pretty well matched. We got lucky with a lot of things early like cop getting vigged and the infi/as distraction, plus we got lucky with when we used juggernaut and ninja. And we still barely held out. We did have bad luck with two NKs not going through I guess but regardless it doesn't seem too skewed one way or the other

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also why don't I deserve to win you big jerk

Because I didn't directly you screw you over in the last couple of games I've played with you!

I left Tired wiggling like a worm on a hook in the Katamari game and used him as the final dunk before I night actioned a win for the scum team.

And it's kind of funny in a way because he kept saying that my claim there was way to convenient and just matched up way to perfectly which sort of ended up being his own downfall here. Of course he was right there and I was wrong here, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired will have his day, mark my words

• Locked thread