Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Lv39, takes about 3 lv40 ember quests to level now. Anyone hit level cap yet?

BlitzBlast posted:

Something tells me you're not actually familiar with F/GO's release schedule.

Referencing Taiwan had the events back to back, odds are US will follow the same path. I know JP has their own schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Master lv cap is either 100 or 120 depends on which version of the game we are having.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think it's 100, because level caps end up coming due to story updates and as a result of a lot of players ending up at the cap earlier than they expected. It'll be staggered out better for US I think, but I'm p sure it's just 100 rn.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Wuxi posted:

I posted one two days ago, nobody said anything, so maybe it's still there?

Huh, I tried it just now and the transfer fails with "unexpected error" message. Not the usual "account already in use", just "unexpected error".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

He sucks gameplay wise and apologizes a lot in the game's story which came off as a hilarious kind of pathetic to players so it became a recurring joke.

yeah sumanai is an informal way of saying 'sorry,' compared to gomen nasai. it's a kind of masculine way of apologizing. so his nickname is literally just 'yeah, sorry, man.'

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm in Orleans and some of the fights are getting a bit tougher. Is it "normal" to lose at least someone during normal combat? I just have Mash as my backup when someone goes down.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

New Leaf posted:

Is it "normal" to lose at least someone during normal combat? I just have Mash as my backup when someone goes down.
Yes, if you are a bad master.:agesilaus:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

New Leaf posted:

I'm in Orleans and some of the fights are getting a bit tougher. Is it "normal" to lose at least someone during normal combat? I just have Mash as my backup when someone goes down.

Depends on what you're fighting.

The Vlad and Carmilla fights early on are a large difficulty spike.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Berserker Lancelot is another fight where it can be easy to lose someone (Jeanne) if he gets a lucky crit or two.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've definitely lost a few dudes every now and then, usually to a series of crits. It's a big reason why even though I'm doing a lot better on the 30AP dailies I'm still very worried about being able to clear the 40AP one.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

I've definitely lost a few dudes every now and then, usually to a series of crits. It's a big reason why even though I'm doing a lot better on the 30AP dailies I'm still very worried about being able to clear the 40AP one.

If you have a 5* you should be able to clear the quest with some setup. Whats your setup?

Today is Sword/Rider

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Aaaargh I wish I could pull the better 2*s. Where are you, Hassan and Anderson

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

NRVNQSR posted:

A lot of the common nicknames are pretty unhelpful to new players. Especially in this case, since the game is making at least a slight attempt to actively conceal his identity from casual players until he ascends.
There's a currently running LN series involving adult Waver being a magical detective, they aren't even trying to hide anything.

Not their fault most casuals only know of the FZ anime. :v: :v:

(seriously though, they really should localize Case Files)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Adult Waver is amazing. When he meets Rin the first thing he does is ask her about what Japanese video games she likes. When he finds out she's a technophobe he yells at her and calls her the 'Worst Japanese Ever.'

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

EzEight posted:

If you have a 5* you should be able to clear the quest with some setup. Whats your setup?

Today is Sword/Rider
Jeanne/Ushiwakamaru/Support, usually swapping Ushi out with Cu Lancer or Robin Hood or Hercules. I've been leaning heavily on Ushi today at least because the Rider Silver XP cards have pushed her up to be ready for her second ascension, but currently both Cu and Robin are only in the 20s.

I'll probably start throwing my excess cards into Robin/Cu once I get Herc up to 40. My tentative plan is tackle it when all are at 40.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 30, 2017

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Adult Waver is amazing. When he meets Rin the first thing he does is ask her about what Japanese video games she likes. When he finds out she's a technophobe he yells at her and calls her the 'Worst Japanese Ever.'

Not only that, but in an amazing show of pettiness, he takes Kayneth's liquid mercury construct and turns it into his personal anime maid.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Televisio Frankus posted:

Not only that, but in an amazing show of pettiness, he takes Kayneth's liquid mercury construct and turns it into his personal anime maid.

Shame one of his students managed to show it a particular movie while it was still in the middle of being reprogrammed. :v:

It was show Terminator 2. I'll leave what detrimental effect showing an impressionable liquid mercury construct that movie might have had to the imagination.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:toot: After some more time rerolling, I managed to get an account that has Jeanne, Hercules, Tamamo Cat, and Carmilla. Gonna stick with this one, even if it's a little light on CEs.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Aaaargh I wish I could pull the better 2*s. Where are you, Hassan and Anderson

Honestly I've not been that impressed with Cursed Arm Hassan so far? Maybe I just haven't figured out how to build a Quick-based team yet but critting with every attack doesn't feel particularly exciting when his critical hits still have rubbish damage and NP gain.

Andersen, on the other hand, is incredible.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Televisio Frankus posted:

He also takes the time to write long hand-written reviews of every video game he plays to the developers.

Because no game can fill the Rider-shaped void in his heart :qq:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

Honestly I've not been that impressed with Cursed Arm Hassan so far? Maybe I just haven't figured out how to build a Quick-based team yet but critting with every attack doesn't feel particularly exciting when his critical hits still have rubbish damage and NP gain.

Kojiro is definitely better for earlygame because he starts with the all-important Evade skill that Hassan doesn't have access to yet. But in the long run his skills will make him more valuable as part of a Crit team.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Nate RFB posted:

Jeanne/Ushiwakamaru/Support, usually swapping Ushi out with Cu Lancer or Robin Hood or Hercules. I've been leaning heavily on Ushi today at least because the Rider Silver XP cards have pushed her up to be ready for her second ascension, but currently both Cu and Robin are only in the 20s.

I'll probably start throwing my excess cards into Robin/Cu once I get Herc up to 40. My tentative plan is tackle it when all are at 40.

jeanne(32)/Herc(22)/support vlad(60) Shield girl(8)/na/na is what I first cleared the 40 with.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

Shame one of his students managed to show it a particular movie while it was still in the middle of being reprogrammed. :v:

It was show Terminator 2. I'll leave what detrimental effect showing an impressionable liquid mercury construct that movie might have had to the imagination.

What story is this in because I need to read it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Hagop posted:

jeanne(32)/Herc(22)/support vlad(60) Shield girl(8)/na/na is what I first cleared the 40 with.
It just seems like Berserkers go down way too quickly. Even just now, my Lv40 Herc died in the first round on the 30AP due to everyone ganging up on him.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

AfroSquirrel posted:

What story is this in because I need to read it.

I don't think it's in any story, but rather a "Character Material" book, with art and bits of worldbuilding blurbs

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

IIRC they appear on Apocrypha too which will start airing tomorrow

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Waver and Mercury Maid that is

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Nyaa posted:

Master lv cap is either 100 or 120 depends on which version of the game we are having.

In-game I think it says it's 130?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Emiya and Jeanne makes a good start for me then. Got her first ascension done, figured out the Ruler meta, really like it. Had one loss and that was late in the first real map, burned the runes.

Just looking forward to all the awesome characters Japan can't quit arting about, it's almost at a Kemono Friends level of popularity and memes but will overtake it in due time.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Wondering if I could get some help with setting up my team. I kind of notice that I tend to have my guys go down pretty hard during the 30 AP dailies.

My setup currently is the following:

Slot One: Kiyohime at 32 with Limited/Zero Over
Slot Two: Mash at 30 with Beginning of the Journey
Slot Three: Waver at 26 with Imaginary Element (Still trying to gather leveling mats for him)
Slot Four: Cu Lancer at 24
Slot 5: Support

Notable 4 Stars I have at the moment are Carmilla and Elisabeth

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Waver is trash early game. Moreso when going against Riders like the current EXP daily. Cu might as well go to the front.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

It just seems like Berserkers go down way too quickly. Even just now, my Lv40 Herc died in the first round on the 30AP due to everyone ganging up on him.

Running berserkers is a very all in method but not as hard as it looks, The US server is the only one where I don't have Herc(Release the drat 4* selector Aniplex). My grinding is actually slower without him.

Nate RFB posted:

Get your Herc up to 40 and then Ascend him to get his dodge skill.
The ideal line up for a berserker farm team is .

Herc/St george/Friend Herc(Ascended once), Reserve is Mash.
Since you have Jeanne and other 3*s your odds are already much higher. If you happen to have the 3* CE that lets you dodge one hit throw it on Herc.

Pretty much pop St George's skill to let him soak up damage and die, When Mash jumps in use her invincibility skill to keep the stronger Herc alive. its straight forward at this point if you can go into Wave 3 with 2 Hercs you're golden.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Nate RFB posted:

Yah bad things can happen, but If you round one evade buff Herc he should just about always make it into wave two.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What's the best way to level people up?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

New Leaf posted:

What's the best way to level people up?

30 AP Daily until you can handle the 40AP Daily regularly. Then the 40AP Daily.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Once you have access to a Herc with his first Ascension done (whether your own or a Support), you have access to three separate sources of making him immune to damage for a round (Mash, Master spells, Herc's own). USE THEM.

If you don't get a good card set in the opening round of a battle, just use one - battles are by far the most dangerous in that first round if you can't take one of the hands out immediately.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
High level Jeanne friends will help you get dailies, when you know how they and the whole game plays best. I'll see about cleaning up friendslots and getting myself onto the goon list to help people with that grind. Love her so much.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So Herc/George(who I do have), hope they survive round 1, and then pop the skills round 2 to get everyone through it, and keep Jeanne in the wings as a backup?

Also I got Herc up to 40 but gently caress!!!

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Jeanne is a hard carry support, especially if your friend equips her with starting NP gauge. The hardest part is making sure you've got enough damage output, which mercifully I did with Artoria/Heracles. I ascended both as far I could today just off a non stop string of 40ap clears, poo poo rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

30 AP Daily until you can handle the 40AP Daily regularly. Then the 40AP Daily.

I'm.. not sure I can tackle those yet. I'm only rank 15.