Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Silly Burrito posted:

To be fair, Tim Tebow the human is a wonderful person and a great man.

Tim Tebow the Florida Gator can kiss my hairy rear end.

Tim Tebow the Florida Gator is what Jesus would be like if he played football, you blasphemous heathen.

Tim Tebow the NFL player was just hilarious. The coverage was insufferable though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Kibner posted:

Haha, I had no idea that Hester still haunted some Gator fans from just that one game.

No human can convert that many 4th downs. He is clearly some sort of Bayou Demon.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

LeeMajors posted:

No human can convert that many 4th downs. He is clearly some sort of Bayou Demon.

I was with the Mikes for that game and some of the Alberts were staying at my apartment and it was uncomfortable afterwards because the game was tight.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gamecocks got their Florida* coach they wanted.

*university of south Florida

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Mark Kingston is anti-bunt so I love him already.

In all seriousness, this hire is a bit underwhelming on the surface, but he's supposedly one of the best up-and-comers out there. More to the point, we should be able to trust Ray Tanner's opinion on baseball, of all things. I'm mostly just glad he's a head coach, because we already went the "elite assistant" route and saw where that got us.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

Mark Kingston is anti-bunt so I love him already.

In all seriousness, this hire is a bit underwhelming on the surface, but he's supposedly one of the best up-and-comers out there. More to the point, we should be able to trust Ray Tanner's opinion on baseball, of all things. I'm mostly just glad he's a head coach, because we already went the "elite assistant" route and saw where that got us.

According to all my Gamecock friends, O'Sullivan was a 'done deal,' so I'd bet there's a lot of broken hearts in Cola.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

According to all my Gamecock friends, O'Sullivan was a 'done deal,' so I'd bet there's a lot of broken hearts in Cola.

That never made sense to me or seemed even remotely possible. I know O'Sullivan has been really upset at the lack of administrative and especially fan support at UF, but otherwise, he's in a great situation -- especially now that y'all finally broke through and won a title. He's also very, very well compensated despite that lack of support, so I don't know that we would have been able to offer enough money (or even that we should have, because it would've been a ridiculous sum). The "done deal" stuff was just hysteria. I'm sure some people are still convinced it would've happened had LSU won, though.

warheadr
Jul 6, 2005
Ever since the almost-Tom Herman turned into Will Muschamp fiasco, anyone Tanner ended up with was almost certainly going to be underwhelming to a chunk of the fan base. But unlike with Muschamp, it doesn't seem like the larger contingent of other school fans and media are laughing at us, so that gives me hope. We'll see, his first test to pass will be whether he pitches to Seth Beer with men on or not...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

warheadr posted:

Ever since the almost-Tom Herman turned into Will Muschamp fiasco, anyone Tanner ended up with was almost certainly going to be underwhelming to a chunk of the fan base. But unlike with Muschamp, it doesn't seem like the larger contingent of other school fans and media are laughing at us, so that gives me hope. We'll see, his first test to pass will be whether he pitches to Seth Beer with men on or not...

In fairness it was the decision NOT to pitch to Seth Beer that scored the go ahead run.

Granted there is somewhat a difference between not pitching to him and throwing it to the backstop.

• Locked thread