Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Whatever daily (make sure you do the red "Ember" ones, not the others) you're able to handle is the one you should do, whether it's a 30AP or 10AP. A super high level support (there are plenty of 50s and even 60 floating around) can probably carry you by themselves through the 20 AP right now. You'll level up so quickly from the XP cards that eventually you'll be able to take on more and more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

So Herc/George(who I do have), hope they survive round 1, and then pop the skills round 2 to get everyone through it, and keep Jeanne in the wings as a backup?

Yep, George dying in round 1 is normal. With a buddy Herc a 3 Buster card chain can easily take down hands fast. Keep Jeanne as your backup.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If I need a piece or monument from dailies to finish my master missions, what do I run? I haven't gotten any chaining Ember 30s.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

delfin posted:

If I need a piece or monument from dailies to finish my master missions, what do I run? I haven't gotten any chaining Ember 30s.

Embers (hand enemies) are only for exp cards. Treasure Vault (door enemies) are only for QP. The middle quests, duels or monsters, are for monuments and gems respectively. We won't be back to duel quests (monuments) until Monday so you've probably missed this week's master quest for them.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Decus posted:

Embers (hand enemies) are only for exp cards. Treasure Vault (door enemies) are only for QP. The middle quests, duels or monsters, are for monuments and gems respectively. We won't be back to duel quests (monuments) until Monday so you've probably missed this week's master quest for them.

Is there a schedule for what goes up? is like monday for monuments, tuesday for seals, wednesday for vodka?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

scaterry posted:

Is there a schedule for what goes up? is like monday for monuments, tuesday for seals, wednesday for vodka?

There's this; I'm pretty sure its Saturday and Sunday entries are just guesses for now, though.

edit: Specifically I'm hoping that Sunday will give us the Bond Battle and Master Training quests listed here under Old Quests, but there's no guarantee of that.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 30, 2017

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah, it's possible saturday and sunday would have something. Don't think they did when Japan was on these quests, but Japan also didn't have the master missions at that time and saturday/sunday lacking the gem/monument quests would be kind of mean for that so possible they'd add a random version of both there for us.

Also possible that they wouldn't, though in that case at least you'd know for next week's missions.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Nate RFB posted:

Whatever daily (make sure you do the red "Ember" ones, not the others) you're able to handle is the one you should do, whether it's a 30AP or 10AP. A super high level support (there are plenty of 50s and even 60 floating around) can probably carry you by themselves through the 20 AP right now. You'll level up so quickly from the XP cards that eventually you'll be able to take on more and more.

Oh poo poo. I just cleared the 30AP one no problem. Can I just keep doing that? I got a full level of Rank from it.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
How often do the mana prism tickets reset? Once I finish buying those out, should I be doing the master quests?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Actually managed to get my waifu dream team this time for real, so here is another free Jeanne, slightly used.

PsPxUgbRdt

I rerolled and traded to get my starting dream team more than I played F/GO so far. :v:

The limited event gachas will destroy me. :ohdear:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

gwrtheyrn posted:

How often do the mana prism tickets reset? Once I finish buying those out, should I be doing the master quests?
They should be per month, but it's uncertain for now.

You should keep doing quest to either get more cube or Quartz. There will be a very important CE that will cost 5000 cube later.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That... that's a lot of cubes. And here I was moderately pleased to have gotten 80 of the things. :v:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 30, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

You will get more cube in event. The ce won't come out for a long while.

Edit: it's 1000 per card.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i hope the first event is good

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I hope the first event lets me get my goddamn Altera.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

New Leaf posted:

Oh poo poo. I just cleared the 30AP one no problem. Can I just keep doing that? I got a full level of Rank from it.
Yep, though you won't get the prisms until the next day. But no one does it for the prisms anyway.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im permabanned master waifucollector58. i first started playing fgo when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "pulls" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "loving aniplex" and "i love making GBS threads inside nasu's rear end in a top hat" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically quartz-induced schizophrenia. im now on a diet of paypal. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of servant raising was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fgo to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to spending too much money. peace

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

im permabanned master waifucollector58. i first started playing fgo when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "pulls" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "loving aniplex" and "i love making GBS threads inside nasu's rear end in a top hat" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically quartz-induced schizophrenia. im now on a diet of paypal. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of servant raising was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fgo to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to spending too much money. peace

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/sky765mk/status/880866387756896256

Fate buses in the US. What universe is this?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Idgi.

Nice. Is it just me or is FGO USA actually somewhat successful? I have so many people spamming me for friendship.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is it just me or is FGO USA actually somewhat successful? I have so many people spamming me for friendship.

I don't know, but number of friend requests doesn't prove anything either way; after all, the more players there are the more different people there are to send friend requests to.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That bus is only there for AX, but yes Aniplex is actually putting effort in making it a success in America.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Some people seem to have bounced off of it due to the messy TL but there's definitely a buzz. Hopefully they can patch up at least some of the more egregious typos and get us to nerofest quickly to sustain that momentum.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if you want the game to succeed buy as much saint quartz as you can

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's definitely supposed to be "Leyshifting", right?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
In all honestly it is probably supposed to be 霊 (rei, spirit) shifting, because a) 霊 shows up a poo poo ton across Fate meta mechanics and b) the details explained of the process make it pretty clear you're not being physically transported as "ley" would imply. Nasu wrote the thing in katakana though, so that kinda complicates things from a translation perspective because that means he wanted it to sound foreign. So technically speaking rayshifting isn't wrong, even though that name tells you jack poo poo about what the thing is actually doing. What, are you being turned into rays of light?

Fate is really, really bad about its proper nouns. You learn to roll with it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Nice. Is it just me or is FGO USA actually somewhat successful? I have so many people spamming me for friendship.
I can asure you the moment they release Jalter is the day where f/go's future is secured.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I really need Rider Pieces for ascension, as well as Berserker. I should be able to get the former from fighting Shadow Medusa in Fuyuki and the latter somewhere in Orleans, right?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I was struggling with even AP 30 until I ditched Waver and replaced him with Martha. She has been really good for me and after her first ascension she combos so well with support Jeanne. I'm sure Waver will be absurdly good for me later, but for now his damage is terrible, he has no survivability and giving Hercules 30% NP gauge was usually the only thing he was good for, since he tended to die before even getting his own NP off.

Speaking of ascension, I'm not sure I understand how many ascensions exist. Because there's 4 different card arts for the servants, but apparently there's 4 total ascensions? Does the second ascension not change the card/sprite art?

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
The second ascension doesn't change art.

Edit: And yes, class type matching is super important since it effectively doubles your HP and Atk when advantaged, or halves when poor.

Psiwri fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 30, 2017

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

The 2nd ascension does charge art, Cirnopedia even has all of them:
http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/servant_profile.php?servant=030

Event servants don't change until the 4th though.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
The art changes on 1st 3rd and 4th ascension, and then there's the starting art.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Sophism posted:

Speaking of ascension, I'm not sure I understand how many ascensions exist. Because there's 4 different card arts for the servants, but apparently there's 4 total ascensions? Does the second ascension not change the card/sprite art?

Sprite art only changes at the 1st and 3rd Ascension. Card art usually also changes at those two, and always changes at the 4th Ascension.

2nd Ascension is kind of dull. I don't think it ever gives anyone anything other than Max Level?

edit: Oh, a bunch of characters have interludes gated on it, of course. And one voice line.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 30, 2017

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Darn it. That means it will be a looong time until I can change Waver into his Zero form.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

Also all those poor reverse S curve servants that need all of their ascensions to get their stats.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

BlitzBlast posted:

So technically speaking rayshifting isn't wrong, even though that name tells you jack poo poo about what the thing is actually doing. What, are you being turned into rays of light?

You're turned into pseudo spiritrons which are made of photons (somehow) so yes, actually. :v:

Really though it's an impossible to translate term because Nasu decided to layer every possible meaning plus L/R confusion into it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is there any shorter way to ascend hercules other than waiting for the speific daily?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Or you could be shifting through the ray

Or the ray just shifted while you are inside

Or you make the rayshift by gettin in

Or the ray 'carry' you to the past

Or you become a ray that can go back to the past

Or the ray shift the portal to the past

Or you shift through the ray and caused the time shift

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Sophism posted:

I was struggling with even AP 30 until I ditched Waver and replaced him with Martha. She has been really good for me and after her first ascension she combos so well with support Jeanne. I'm sure Waver will be absurdly good for me later, but for now his damage is terrible, he has no survivability and giving Hercules 30% NP gauge was usually the only thing he was good for, since he tended to die before even getting his own NP off.

I'm running Waver at the moment in AP40s and he does get destroyed by the riders but his NP buffing is really helping me spam Jeanne/Altera NPs to mow down the waves and survive during the downtimes. Altera is 60 and Waver is 53 at the moment though, and I've hit an AP wall with cycling the EXP farm for master levels. Please do not give up on gangster sephiroth