Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Orange cat and black/white cat really seem to hate each other. Or they're in a showmance. I don't know, I understand cats less than hamsters. Maybe its a racial thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

bagrada posted:

Every time someone is evicted, they release a cat into the house until there's 3 people and 14 cats.

That would be the most awesome twist big brother has ever done, so it goes without saying that it would never happen.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

STAC Goat posted:

Orange cat and black/white cat really seem to hate each other. Or they're in a showmance. I don't know, I understand cats less than hamsters. Maybe its a racial thing?

Waiting for this thread to become more cat updates than actual BB updates.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I understand you guys like orange cat, but I really feel like he is playing too hard too early and putting a huge target on his back.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We have identification.

http://rchumanesociety.org/?page_id=674

Orange Cat = Xander?
black/white = Xaria?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Good job Alex! She won veto.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Do the houseguests know Paul has immunity? If not it'd be hilarious if Cody tried to put him up as a backdoor nom.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Teek posted:

Good job Alex! She won veto.

woo! Here's to hoping one of the "outsiders" win HoH. Although knowing BB history, it will be someone outside of the showmance alliance that still targets an outsider anyway.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Flashing Back...

Cody goes to Alex and Jillian and asks why they've isolated themselves. Alex says they haven't done it, its the girls who've isolated them. Cody says if they're doing it they're keeping it from him. He seems to have a fair bit of HOHitis to no real surprise. Alex says she doesn't think the racist stuff was real but still thinks Jess and the girls talk poo poo about her and Megan just added the race stuff. Jillian says she talks to all the girls besides Dom, who she never sees. Cody expresses that he doesn't understand girls and why they can't get along. Alex is wearing cat ears. There's some Josh bashing.

Cody: I honestly didn't know girls were going to be in this house.

Yeah, Paul confirms he has the Pendant to no surprise. And he thinks its a revelation to define his game as kissing rear end, telling people what they want to hear, and painting targets while he lays low. He's very proud of his game. He explains the house dynamics but we already figured that out pretty clearly from the house divides. Paul says he knows things will change so he's gonna play the middle. He uses a lot of words to say that and make it sound more sophisticated. He says "moth to a flame" a lot. Paul says this season's girls are "vicious" and could play well but are "catty" and "jealous." He calls the guys "plain jane" and not as "mentally strong" as the girls. He confesses to instigating the Jessica/Alex/Megan fight and its Paul so its entirely possible he lied/spiced up stuff and muddied the truth so we'll never know what happened.

Jessica calls Alex "Pao Pao." So there might be something to that "racial" stuff.

Raven apparently dumped all the Coke in the house because its Alex's favorite. So that's happening already. Can't wait for a passive aggressive stuffed animal birthday party.

Whoops... live again...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cool Kid majority collecting themselves in HOH over this setback. Matt says that as long as they win HOHs they're guaranteed Jury. Sounds like Jason is the backup target. There's a fair amount of butting heads here. Dom, Paul, and Matt seem like the more aggressive voices. Eventually they just shift to bashing Josh. Dom is panicky about Alex "blowing poo poo up." Matt says "she won't win poo poo", after she won a POV. Jessica's really out of sorts about Alex HAVING to be backdoored next week. There's a lot of confusion in here with people being split between concern over Alex, Ramses, Jason, and Josh.

Jessica: Does anyone have a xanax? Just asking for a friend.

Alex wants to try and get Dom up but Ramses says they're not going to toss one of their numbers. Outcasts know all that happened was the target shifted.

Elena and Ramses. Ramses expresses his concerns of being on the outside. Elena says there's been no talk of alliances and she's just trying to get to Jury and then figure it out. Says she's just friends with the cool kids. This seems to be a lie since she was just in the room talking about Ramses as a target. She "swears on Christ" there's no alliance. Says Cody's just going to put up people he doesn't like but he doesn't talk any game (this might be true, Cody's a weirdo). She encourages Ramses to be less sketchy.

HOH crew still freaking about Alex. Paul's worried she'll come for him next week if she wins HOH. Dom has some weird theory about how Alex likes competing with Paul so won't want him out. She also says taking out Cody would be "too easy". Dom seems a little dumb. Jessica says Alex is the "last thread" in this game. Its Week 1. Whistlenut shows up to end things.

Jess is REALLY worked up about Alex. She's "irked" that Cody "gave up" in the final 2 minutes of the POV. She thinks that he didn't want to be the one to send Alex home. It "grinds her gears."

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Propaganda Machine posted:

Just to add from a sound production standpoint, BB is a loving nightmare from all angles.

You have I don't know how many house mics, in addition to 16 personal mics. I'll spare you the blood and guts of signal flow, but just know that it's messy. In addition to that, for every camera angle, you need somebody on point to make sure that the scene is even audible. From what little I was able to watch last night (first time even trying live feeds), they do what they can but it's far from perfect.

From this point of view, I'd imagine that production scrambles like hell for that first week even just trying to get the house in order, and that's likely why it takes feeds a whole week to go up. You''d want the first week of feeds for chit chat anyway, and there's a decent enough chance that production can full hear what's going on, but from a consumer standpoint, it's just kind of unsalvageable. I'd even presume that the cameras (see, that amazing shot of our new HoH and his blank face) has much the same problem.

Reality TV production is insane.

BBOTT had live feeds immediately, and I think feeds have started the first or second day before. It's totally doable.

Whistlenut is Jason's rodeo clown name.

No one knows Paul has immunity right now. I can't imagine things staying that way, though. Maybe if he keeps himself from getting nominated it stays a secret?

I'm very perturbed that I can't get mobile feeds working in a browser. :colbert:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

violetdragon posted:

BBOTT had live feeds immediately, and I think feeds have started the first or second day before. It's totally doable.

Its doable but its a matter of resources. BBOTT had nothing to worry about except the feeds and 1 show a week, while BB19 has huge sets and 3 edited shows a week and a way bigger production. So it makes sense that they don't want to devote resources to making some archivable feeds for some especially obsessive feedsters like us. BBOTT was designed for us so they shifted the resources there.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It's kind of bullshit for it to be a secret that he has immunity. So someone has to show their cards and nom him, and then not be allowed to nom him?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It makes sense from like an Immunity Idol sense that he has to dramatically pull it out at the Nomination Ceremony. Makes for good TV and drama.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

lol Jessica straddles Cody to talk game to him. At least she knows her game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dom and Jess question Cody about his plans. "The outsiders are still the outsiders." Dom asks what Cody's thoughts on Alex are. He "likes the chick" and she "would have been a great asset" but she didn't say anything that says she'd help them. Jessica says that if Cody tries to bring Alex over to this side of the house he's "putting one of our lives in jeopardy." Cody wants to "exploit her loneliness" to use her. Dom talks in circles. "What happens now is what's going to happen in Jury." Jessica's saying they don't want to live with Alex in jeopardy. Says Alex is the only threat on the outsiders and doesn't understand why they need her. Eventually Cody gives Jessica what she wants and says Alex is the target next week. Whistlenut seems to be the backdoor target as of now. To no surprise Cody not even considering his original Paul plan (Paul is safe but I assume Cody doesn't know that).

Cody likes his 11 person alliance.

Matt joins them and there's some more squabbling over Alex. Matt says when they have a chance to do something they have to do it (which might be a passive slight at Cody "throwing" POV). Cody says he was put in a bad position and didn't want to be the one to take out Alex. Jessica gets would up that that's putting his allies in danger by giving her a chance to win HOH and Cody says he has more faith in them to beat her. Matt and Jess are clearly frustrated with the meathead. Dom doesn't say a lot that's meaningful. Cody says if he creates a problem he'll sacrifice himself for the group and make himself a target.

Jillian complaining to Josh that she's suffering the most. I think she's sore that Alex is safe and she isn't. Josh acts weird and sings "You Got A Friend In Me."

Dom doesn't know the POV rules and asks if Jason had won the POV and used it on Alex would they have been able to put him up? She's upset that they wouldn't. Apparently Jason had a chance to win against Alex so they think they may not be working that close together or strategizing (they're not, this isn't alliance war its just outcasts and cool kids). Alex makes a point to say "this isn't cattiness, its strategy" as she keeps freaking out about Alex.

Jessica: He [Cody] has this emotional connection to her [Alex] every time he talks about taking her out and I don't get it.

Alex and Elena compliment how nice they look. Elena thinks this is the most attractive house ever. They plan a makeup party.

Jessica: If worse case scenario happens and she wins HOH I'm running through the glass door and stabbing myself multiple times.

Dom and Matt leave, Cody gets out of the show, and Jessica turns her game up.

Jessica: I want to have a heart to heart.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jess questions why Cody quit POV. Cody insists that the comp was over and he just couldn't catch up. Cody's getting annoyed at the questioning and says everyone sounds like "little girls" and he isn't afraid of Alex. Jess says she doesn't want him going home because he did something stupid and Cody says he's been doing stupid things his whole life. Jessica asks if they can play it safe for a week and Cody says he never plays its safe. He says he'll protect her. She says he's missing the point.

Jessica: I have trust in you and our people.
Cody: Then quit being pussies about it.

Jessica didn't get the answers she wanted and pouts a little and demounts. Unmounts? Cody ain't getting any.

Christmas and Elena discuss how Alex is nice them but they've seen her be bad to others so they can't ignore that. They're self rationalizing the whole social order/outcast thing. They say Alex threw Megan and Jillian under the bus early on and just hasn't tried to align with the right people. They both agree Cody doesn't talk game to them.

Jillian and Ramses laying on spikes complaining about Megan quitting.

Dom selling out Jess to Cody saying she's a part of these panicky conversations but she trusts in Cody. She says she has history with military and understands chain of command. Cody is fearless leader, Dom doesn't question. Cody says he sees the "rattled ones" and he doesn't like it. He says Jessica "stomped on my dick." Mocks everyone telling him what he should have done and they can do it when they win HOH. Dom says she knows "how females are."

Dom: God bless you, God.

Jessica bitching to Raven about Cody/Alex. Same poo poo. Raven's kinda catty. She's done with Jillian.

Dom with Paul and repeats the "I trust Cody even if I don't understand him" stuff and chain of command stuff. "Emotionally, he's stable." Its good when you feel the need to point that out. Says some people are starting to fall apart. Dom things Cody threw POV but doesn't think there's anything between Cody and Alex. Mark and Jess join. Jess says that Cody told her they "have to stop being pussies." She's not happy. Jess is frustrated by Cody's thickheadedness. My word. Dom tries to clean up for Cody with the "we agreed to trust him, trust in Cody" stuff but Jess says she's not happy that Cody's just making decisions on his own about Alex.

Mark complaining to Elena and Christmas about Jessica. Then Mark does the same with Cody. He hates that Matt is freaking out like the girls. Says Jessica is jealous of Alex.

Cody: She doesn't realize how little influence she has and how quick she can get *click*.

Dom tells Jessica to get her poo poo together, not in so many words. Matt joins. Lots of angsting. Jess says she trusts Cody, just not his strategy. Matt agrees vehemently. Jess, "People make mistakes. He has to listen." Dom trying hard to get everyone on board with fearless leader. Lots of motivational speaker sounds like those Peanuts horns to me. Jessica says he's going by the adrenaline of the challenge and gambles but she wants real alliances and strategy and poo poo. Matt agrees much so.

Cody tells Mark he's going to make a deal with Jason and Alex to keep them safe. He says his trust is Mark and Dom. Sounds like he's planning to backdoor Paul. Whoopsie.

If Cody cuts a deal with the other side, backdoors Paul blindsiding the alliance mates who like him, and has it negated and have to spontaneously backdoor someone else it could really splinter this group by undermining Dom and Mark's faith and justifying Jessica and Matt's concerns. And of course it puts Paul in a whole new place in the game against Cody. Plus it means Cody will have nominated 5 people with one HOH.

Megan making public statement about her leaving. Says she has PTSD from a sexual assault and all the confrontations so fast triggered a lot of anxiety. Says its no one's fault but her own issues. I'm content to let it go and wish her the best.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/life...arly/444830001/

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Matt and Raven complaining about Cody/Alex. Matt, "I trust him but its scary that I can't influence him at all." It will be interesting to see where Cody ends up when he's not HOH and people don't have to fear him, even if there isn't drama around the backdoor.

Kevin wanders around the house cleaning up after all the kids and complaining in an amusing way.

Cody continues to eat slop even though he's not a Have Not.

Yet another conversation about Mark's dick. Jessica "makes" Elena grab it in the living room with everyone around. Afterwards there's an extensive conversation over whether it was hard or not. This house is collectively 15-years-old.

Mark and Alex argue over whether or not the water is boiling or not.
Paul: I'm just mad at you because I'm a girl.

Mark: I don't use bouillon! What the gently caress is bouillon!

Paul compliments Mark on his game. He thinks he, Matt, and Dom "get it." Mark says not to trust Elena because she trusts Ramses. Paul hints Jess is losing it. "Stay calm, I'm the vet who knows" stuff he's been doing a lot. He loves being the vet.

Elena grinds some more on Mark in the kitchen. Paul asks Mark for some help cooking. Jessica loses her poo poo.
Jessica: Oh my god! This is amazing! Mark!
Paul: What's going on. Does he have a boner?
Elena: So much!
Jessica: Walk that off, Mark!
Even Cody is amused.

Jessica and Cody make small talk in HOH as Cody gets changed. Cody reveals that he buys most of his clothes from Amazon. "That's my go to spot." When he leaves Jessica lets out a sigh and rolls her eyes.

Dom and Kevin discuss the showmances. Dom says they get them to "like 8" and Kevin says then they get sniped off. So looks like people are going to let the showmances cruise. Morons. Kevin says its hard for him to believe that four or five people are running the game. Dom says its Cody's call this week and Kevin says "not next week." Kevin asks about Alex and Dom says she made enemies of everyone. Kev asks how he's doing and Dom says he hasn't come up.

Dom pulls Cody into the parlor and tells him that "Cowboy" thinks he's going up and people are talking about it and think its him. Cody says he's going to talk to him and Alex before the POV ceremony. Mark joins. Dom says she wanted to keep Cody informed and didn't know if Kevin was "sent." Dom says she's having a challenging time "keeping people together." Mark says "its like there's three HOHs, just shut up." Cody "sees the trust and the distrust." This trio is close.

Someone gets yelled at by BB for napping.

Dom continues to hold court in the parlor and asks Ramses if he's in an alliance. Ramses says he has friends but no alliance. Dom says she's observing things and people are asking questions. Calls Ramses "the whiz kid." Dom says someone said they were in an alliance together. Some talk about Mark liking Dom. Dom thinks the house divided naturally but Ramses is in an "awesome position" because he's on neither side. Ramses doesn't think he's in a good position and would like to be "pulled in". Ramses says Dom is "for sure with" the cool kids, Dom says they "hang out." Ramses says he wants to be a cool kid but the "stragglers" are trying to pull him in and its "killing" him. Dom tells him he has to figure that out. Ramses says he's worried he'll be nommed, Dom says she'd be surprised. Dom says there's only one person she wants home because they "lied on her." Ramses asks who and she says "I can't tell you that, Ramses." Ramses thinks he's being taken down by "bad players." Dom encourages him to talk to Cody.

Dom is doing a LOT of gaming. No idea if its good or bad at this stage. And lots of Bible study.

Alex: Hello.
Cody: grunt
Alex: Remember I told you you think too hard?
Cody: Funny thing is I'm not thinking of anything.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Alex: Hello.
Cody: grunt
Alex: Remember I told you you think too hard?
Cody: Funny thing is I'm not thinking of anything.

:laffo: :laffo:

I'm kind of falling in love with how strange Cody is.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

This dude talking about farming is oddly interesting :D

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Cody was lying in bed cuddling with Jessica and accidentally called her "Alex." Whoops.

And it wasn't something he quickly brushed off and tried to get past the way a normal person would, he had to stop in his tracks and apologize in his typical robotic/Dexter Morgan-esque way. "Oh...I'm sorry...I did not mean to say that."

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hahah. I hope that makes the show.

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
Cody is the least charismatic person ever to also be the best houseguest

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Sodomeow posted:

Cody is the least charismatic person ever to also be the best houseguest

Mike from BB8

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Cody is definitely going to flame out in a very Paulie way later in the season.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Faustian Bargain posted:

Cody is definitely going to flame out in a very Paulie way later in the season.

Hopefully not before the FBI finds the bodies in his backyard.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody just cut a deal with Ramses to keep him off the block and make sure the target is on Josh next week and not any of Cody's crew.

This is significant because yesterday Cody told Mark he was going to cut a similar deal with Jason. That would seem to suggest that Cody is still planning to backdoor Paul.

He also spoke with Alex again about how his word is everything and blah blah blah and when she pointed out that he told her she was safe this week and then blindsided her with her nomination he just did his usual "there's a plan, trust me, you'll see it all play out" thing.

So I really do get the sense that Cody has been planning to backdoor Paul this entire time and is banking his word on this. If/when he betrays Paul, blindsides his allies who like Paul, and then is forced to break his word and put up Ramses or Jason (assuming he makes that deal) its going to potentially cause a lot of drama. Especially since half of Cody's allies were already openly questioning his "plan", strategy, and unwillingness to talk to them about it yesterday.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody and Mark discuss their girl problems and how much fun it is that they're running the house. HOHitis is contagious. Cody seems proud that he has to have "some kind of record" nominating four people, apparently unaware that that might be a bad thing. Cody expresses some of the discomfort of being on slop... WHICH HE'S CHOOSING TO BE! Its a mutual admiration society here.
Mark: You got the look, the attitude.
Cody: The girl.
Mark: The hot girl.

I'm only human.

Earlier Cody told Matt that he was planning to cut a deal with Alex and Jason to keep the couples and Dom safe (this after he told Mark the same thing yesterday). So the target is either Paul, Kevin, or Christmas? Christmas would blow up the house and Kevin would be very "WTF?!" Its gotta be Paul.
Cody: A lot of people aren't going to understand my next move.

Cody also told Alex to make sure she talks to him before the POV ceremony "no matter the rules" because has a great deal for her and someone else. He told her he was loyal and would keep her around to Jury. Amusingly he did this in front of Jillian.

Jessica tried to coax some more game talk and answers out of Cody but he said he doesn't want any game talk today.

Alex is making noise about using the POV on Jillian, but you know. That's gotta be nonsense.

Amusingly Cody's making comments about how he doesn't even want to tell the DR who his target is.

POV Ceremony fallout should be fun. No idea when it will be though. Its usually Monday but they also usually speed it up for 4th of July so they can give the crew the holiday off. But with the 4th on Tuesday I have no idea what they'll do. Could be 48 hours from now, could be 10 minutes from now.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, I'm guessing they'll have the ceremony tomorrow to account for the day off. That would also help the editors for the Wednesday show. They had the veto comp a day early too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Time for our least favorite summer pasttime... WHO IS A BIGOT!?!?

Cody dropped a "trannies." Jessica covered his mouth and tried to get him to recognize it was wrong and he went off on how he doesn't "give a poo poo" if "point 0000000 percent of the population" don't like him and that "trannies" don't "expect" him to "sympathize with their cause." Jessica ends up dropping it and Cody says "Good move, Jessica. Just walk away."

There's also some noise being made about Matt saying how he got beat by a "little Asian girl" in POV. It struck me as kind of innocuous and its strikes me as a little worse that people call Alex "Pao Pao." But as usual I'm the straight white guy so its not my place to decide.

In non slur news a ffedster theory has come up that Ramses' "Curse" might be that he automatically goes up if Jason uses his Pendant to save himself. That makes a lot of sense and would sadly save Cody the problem of breaking his word. But there's still be plenty of Paul drama. It also would theoretically mean that Paul's Pendant is a one and done kind of thing, which would be good.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Cody trying to backstab Paul would be fun, as it would hurt both their games and set the house into a bit of chaos.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It would be amazing if Paul and Cody set so much fire the rest of the week that they find themselves sitting next to each other next week. I don't know that that's likely but it doesn't seem super unlikely to me either and I'm dreaming big.

I'm super pumped for this and its going to be really disappointing if Cody just puts up Whistlenuts.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

I'm only human.

Is this her subtle way of throwing herself at Matt?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She's already in Matt's bad every night cuddling. She just kind of dances around the house.

Its kind of the only personality trait I've noticed in Raven so far. I don't think she's shown up much in my posts.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul asking Jessica what Cody's plan is. Jessica says he's not telling. Paul wonders if he'd put up "one of us." Jessica doesn't think so and names Ramses and Jason. Paul's sweating a little. Paul wants to talk to Cody but Jessica tells him not to push. Says she, Matt, and Dom were "aggressive" with him yesterday and he "shut down." Jessica says she'd be "floored" if he puts "one of us" up and Paul says Jillian would just go then. Both agree that if he did that it would be "what the gently caress?" Paul says mistakes get made when people make unilateral decisions. "If we're working as a group we should do it." Jessica asks if Paul thinks anyone in their group is lying about the Temptation/Curse. Paul says he doesn't think so but they don't know the "repercussions" of it and might not know what to do about it, especially if someone has the Temptation but doesn't know what the Curse is. Jessica says if they don't get the Temptation this week or next she's going to worry America hates them. Paul says he never got a Care Package last year and he was "the favorite of the season". He says they're probably just all so popular that their votes are all split up. Jessica buys that totally and says they should tell the feeds who to vote for. That should go over well.

Paul feels out Dom and its more of "Cody won't say." Lots of the same. Paul says he's a "shiny target" and he'd be foolish to ignore that. Dom says she believes "there are conversations being had outside the original." I still don't quite know what game Dom is playing but its interesting that Cody seems to consider her one of his closest allies but since he's not telling her anything she may feel like she's outside the couples alliance. Dom says Cody said "I like my women like I like my coffee" the other day in front of Jessica and put a target on herself. Mark breaks it up to whine about Alex or Jillian or Josh or someone. Mark's kind of useless.

Dom is left alone and gives a really weird motivational pep talk to herself. I find her manner really off putting. Its this mix of corporate motivational jargon mixed with evangelical christian stuff. She's saying something about subtle use of sexual manipulation or something. "To be a good leader you must learn how to follow. You can't lead in every way." I really can't decipher this stuff. "Your distractions are always attractive. If you are a woman who don't like women that can throw you off." At some point I think she's just ranting about her relationships outside the house. I don't know. Ramses shows up and breaks it up and frees me from my obsession trying to understand it.

Ramses leaves after some uncomfortable silence and Dom complains that "its one thing to listen and another thing to spy." And then back to the culty weirdness.

Paul and Jason express their shared uneasiness about noms.

Jillian's stressing about being "on the block for the third time." Christmas tries to reassure that she's just the pawn and its only "three times" because of the Megan weirdness and randomness of the apples. Christmas has one of the better social games in the house. She assured Jillian that she had gotten sucked in with Megan but everyone is now seeing she was just guilty by association. No alliances, just going week by week, friends backstab each other, blah blah. Christmas goes on at length about Natalie betraying James for some reason. Remember how last season Paulie kept telling fictional accounts of BB17 that convinced the house Vanessa was some monster? I feel like Paul might be doing the same thing this time painting BB18 as Paul getting screwed by people. I've noticed this sort of thing a few times.

Josh found a bag of Krackles behind the fridge. Krackles were Shelby's favorite candy and Jason hid them all from her to be mean. Gotta love that BB cleaning crew.

Oddly, I haven't seen or heard about any ants yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas and Jillian are checking the lockboxes in the HOH and trying the keys in them. Good for them. They open one but there's nothing it and figure out one of the keys is a master key for one of the locks on each box. BB tells them to "STOP THAT" so there's probably not anything in the boxes.

Apparently Cody is 32 with a 5 year old daughter but he's been lying to everyone and saying he's 28 and has no kids. So there's another thing on the weird pile that is Cody.

Jillian tells Alex about the lock boxes and Alex reveals they already checked that Night 1. Ah well. Still good on the girls for turning over every stone.

Christmas and Jessica discussing the other side of the house. Christmas is confident that she has enough influence that they can strong arm anyone on the other side of the house if they win HOH. Lots of nonsense about getting it down to their core and then playing with tons of integrity and honor and "changing the game." The usual poo poo. But you know, AFTER we get done screwing all the other people then we'll all be better people to each other. Some more nonsense about Paul getting screwed and "strong armed" in BB18. Paul seems to have roped in Christmas on his fictional hero story. Christmas doesn't want to share her personal stories with "them" here. Jessica wants to sue Megan for calling her racist. Its mostly the usual Cool Kid stuff.

Jess/Cody, Raven/Matt, and Paul discuss the Temptation. Matt doesn't seem to know the game and is surprised that there are things like vote affecting powers or changing noms. Paul tries to downplay the effect of it and have them focusing on playing the game and dealmaking. Its both Paul doing his "coach" thing and trying to soften the blow for his power getting revealed. Matt boasts about how he's gonna own comps and Paul explains to him that comps are random. Jessica calls Alex "Pao Pao" again. They bitch about Alex winning POV and rationalize how they all lost to her. Matt seems really sore about it. He seems like he's gonna be one of those HGs. More of them criticizing that Jason and Alex didn't rig it for Jason to win POV not realizing that the Outsiders just aren't actually a thing. They're just the people you guys are ostracizing.

Whistlenut and Cody try and fix the washing machine. They don't.

Alex and Jillian discuss nominating Cody and Jessica next week.

Elena has joined the Paul crew (Cody/Jessica are gone) and they all agree Jason is the right nomination. Paul asks if he should go to Cody representing them "as the vet." They don't want to push because its been a hard week for Cody. Raven says they shouldn't because he was upset at them yesterday. Matt's not happy about Cody not listening to them because he thinks Cody would want them to listen to him next week. More Josh bitching. They want to convince Alex to nominate him if she wins. Raven's instigating some catty lie to Alex to make her hate Josh more? I can't quite catch it. Back to not "pressuring" Cody. Matt complaining that they "trusted" Cody to win POV and he "gave up." I get the sense that Matt and Raven quasi-threw to Cody and then Cody quasi-threw to Alex which is the source of all this anxiety. Jessica returns (in the HOH robe) and Raven gets her in on the Alex/Josh thing. They're lying that Josh hid Alex's coat? I'm lost. Its some kind of mean girlish lie. Elena changes the topic to sex because that's what she does.

Jillian drops a couple of "retards" and apologizes.

Whistlenut and Cody now fixing the tilted pool table. They give up on this too.

Raven, Elena, and Paul saying that Jessica is too "emotional" with Cody (her showmance). Raven says she doesn't think Cody respects her and she needs to step back and be more logical. Elena says she needs to sexually satisfy him more. This act is getting old fast. Elena says if Mark wins HOH she'll be HOH. They complain about Cody wanting to flip Alex to their side. Elena and Raven again verbalize that Alex is nice to everyone except Jessica, but none of this has to do with Jessica. Paul complains about Alex saying she wanted Paul gone right away and thought he was a douchebag. Elena says she did too and she talked poo poo about him on the internet. Elena and Paul talk about people in the internet beating off to Elena nip slips. They trash feedsters a little. More Josh bitching. Raven does an accent.

Paul: He doesn't understand people don't like him.
Raven: I puke blood every time I see him.

The offensive moment from earlier.
https://twitter.com/NotToomsClipss/status/881253356253192193

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody watches Jessica work on her extensions and gets very confused.

Dom freestyles motivational/Christian rap to Josh. Its a mess. Josh starts complaining about his situation saying he wasn't prepared for the emotional toll and Raven's medical stories brought up stuff in him about his grandpa dying. Dom lectures him about his temper and emotions and how he should have been prepared. Josh says he's learning it but now its too late. Dom is really intense. She tells him he's a threat to the entire game because he can't control himself.

Dom: What did you learn about yourself?
Josh: I don't know. That I'm a good person at heart?
Dom: That's what you learned?

Cody and Mark complain about the game and say they're sick of talking. Cody says its "all noise." Mark says its "all a spiderweb." Cody, "Haven't I established that I'm not going to tell anyone what I'm doing yet?"

Feeds seem to be going to fish whenever people mock Josh's accent. Which they do a lot.

Christmas thinks "historically" they do a long endurance comp for the second HOH. She and Jason discuss how Josh is just emotionally young. Christmas says the house is easy for her because she has no real family or attachments. Jason says he had a hard time about being away from his kid at first but then he realized that he's too young for it to really register or something. Christmas continues to be one of the only people making connections with everyone in the house. Then they discuss doing "shows" for "live feeds" (I assume they mean After Hours). Paul seems to have convinced them all this is a thing HGs do.

I actually thought there was a new HG for a moment.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah Raven is like 100% more attractive with her hair down, it's a shame she is apparently a bit crazy as well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hope you all have the same fascination I do with random goofy looks Cody gives in the background while observing hu-man beings, because I love gifing them.

Paul tells his current HGs how much he hated all his former HGs and isn't close to any of them. Says they were all "lovely people" and "loving psychotic." Claims he though he was going home almost every week. James did "absolutely loving nothing." Matt asks him if there was anything Paul could have done differently to win and Paul says no. Says everyone was just bitter that he beat them. They were all immature and said he's "mean." He says "maybe I should have been more sensitive, but no, that's not what this game is." Rips Natalie for wanting a girl to win. He thought Day was gonna vote for him and claims Day was rooting for him all season. I can't really fully list all the ways Paul says he played an amazing, perfect game and just got screwed every which way. Says he wouldn't change who he is to win the game because he's a strong moral character. And he rips on HGs like Dan who can do that and says it says something about them. He's mad that they knew his family was rich and thinks someone tipped them off about it because he never said it (he was always telling stories about globe trotting and poo poo). Matt tries to argue that there's no rules for how the Jury has to vote and managing that is part of the game, and Paul shits all over it saying the game is "who did more." Lots of ranting about morality and honor and integrity. Paul's intolerable.

Paul: Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

In a good example of the Josh situation in the middle of Paul's ranting Josh started saying how he tried to be someone he wasn't and that was his mistake because it messed him up, and immediately Jessica shushes him and says tells him he's "told this story 632 times." Josh is an annoying emotional mess but the cool kids just won't let him socialize with them.

Dom tells Mark that Cody told him the showmance with Jessica is just for game. Mark implies its the same with Elena. Dom says "the house" is upset at Jessica and Elena for using their sexuality. Dom says Raven/Matt is just Raven and Matt ain't interested. Dom criticizes Elena coming on too strong to Mark and "if it was me" no one would have known. Mark says he isn't sure if Elena is playing him and Dom says that means she's doing a good job and he's getting played. Once again these two are whispering at the chess board while the kitchen is full so its hard to hear. Mark says he doesn't talk game to Elena and she's paranoid. Dom suggests that maybe he should (which is a good rule of thumb in general). Dom's just sort of encouraging Mark to play games and maybe trying to break them up? As I've said before, I'm not exactly sure what the dynamic of Dom/Mark/Elena is but its differently a triangle. Elena arrives to break it up.

Jess and Cody discussing that Jillian did well in POV so she "can't be the pawn forever." Cody again saying he can turn Alex.
Jess: This game changes more every day.
Cody: Sorta.

Kevin and Alex say Josh gotta go next week. Alex says she though they could keep him for votes but its too much. But she also says he has to be backdoored so she might be playing since her and Jillian are saying Cody/Jess. That's the right move with Kevin. He's not trustworthy.

Paul's rehashing his BB18 rant with Dom and Christmas to complain about the audacity of Josh comparing his situation to Paul busting his rear end to F2. Dom says she feels bad for him but doesn't know what to do. Christmas says she does but she's over it because they tried and no one wants him to lose his mind. Paul says "I do, I'm trying." Because he's a strong moral character. Paul says there wasn't this open house dynamic last season, but maybe its building slowly because it was "right off the bat" last season. Dom says "the poop is rising, its waist high", and as usual I don't TOTALLY understand her.

Now Paul's interrupted Cody and Jess under the covers to tell them the story too. Paul plans out a prank to torture him. Jess suggests water boarding. Paul says they should keep him around just to see how bad he gets, nominate him as the pawn each week, and try and make him quit. Cody's all for it because they can't use Jillian as a pawn anymore.

Elena says something about "Satan having a hold on her friendships" and Dom laughs at her. Elena gets really sensitive about it and wants to know why she's laughing and Dom just sort of keeps laughing and says "forget it." Eventually Elena says she's had a bunch of problems with friends (like people do) and she thinks its Satan seeing that as her weakness. So she says she's hyper sensitive about arguments with friends. Dom says she thinks friendship should mean being 100 with each other. This is a brewing thing.

Paul gets Mark, Matt, and Cody in HOH and wants a "boys meeting". He says they gotta make a move one the girls in three weeks (exactly three weeks, hmm) because he sees looks and "that pots about to boil." Matt and Mark agree and laugh but Cody is silent. Paul says Ramses is a bigger threat than Jason because he knows the game. Mark and Matt agree, Cody still hasn't said anything. They say Kevin is a number on their side and doesn't talk game. Jessica and Raven interrupt to complain about Josh. Cody ends the longest shave ever and finally engages to say he's gonna start his speech tomorrow with "Is Josh still not an option?"

The HOH is just a full on Josh bashing session and debating the merits of making him crack and whether he'd quit or hurt himself. And I'm officially on Team Josh because everyone's just kind of an rear end in a top hat to him. I mean, he's an annoying, sad, desperate kid but he's not actually a terror or anything.

Alex and Jillian alone again (as they spend most of their time) worrying about who the replacement will be and it will be hard if its Ramses or Jason.

This crew isn't that interesting and Paul is annoying as gently caress but I'm watching to see Paul try a one-on-one with Cody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

It's hilarious to me that Cody seems to have this goofy little crush on Alex. I think he really likes that she gave him a run for his money in that safety comp and her telling him to eat poo poo.

• Locked thread