Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

My theory is they'll start doing weapon perks as prizes so like you get:

Luck In The Chamber - works on hand cannons, sniper rifles

As a random loot reward and you can replace a perk from the regular tree with it. Only way I see them keeping the carrot on the stick.

It's the director of the Taken King. It will be stick on the stick and carrot in my butt.

A non consensual carrot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

limaCAT posted:

If the past is anything to go by it will be more rear end in a top hat Rng because gently caress off and die that's why.

Weapon rarity/color no longer corresponds to its ability. Every weapon has a fully-populated, fully-curated perk tree. Weapon rarity determines how much of the tree has been activated.

A common Mythoclast has no perks active.
An exotic Mythoclast has all perks active.

Have fun!

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
https://gamerant.com/destiny-one-million-dollars-charity-st-jude/

Destiny news no one will be angry about, hopefully

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
[no one should have to incentivize charity blah blah blah]
:goonsay:

shut the gently caress up, some funny and cute stuff happened because it. Gonna enjoy watching Hush lose his god drat mind deleting a RF, Icarus, Rifled 'Luna. :allears:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

What they'll actually do is make it so only one gun of each type is any good. But they'll poison the drop pool with 20 garbage guns.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
And of course pulse rifles will stink

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The amount of hootin and hollerin that HC caused the first IB week was off the charts

Fond memories.

I also pine for the good ol' days when pre-patch yr1 Regimes flowed like mountain dew in pvp and getting sniped halfway across First Light from one.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I'm betting Ghaul's counselor is going to be Charlemagne. Warminds are "made to win" and we've seen that Rasputin didn't give a gently caress and literally allowed 90 percent of humanity to die. So Charlemagne decided to gently caress off and find a way to win and he found it: a more powerful race than humans, who could face the Darkness better if they only had the Light.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Isn't Charlemagne based on Mars? Maybe Mars gets added for the warmind expansion.

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

texaholic posted:

Isn't Charlemagne based on Mars? Maybe Mars gets added for the warmind expansion.

warmind wars expansion?

that sounds like it could be awesome...

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

JorgeHWB posted:

warmind wars expansion?

that sounds like it could be awesome...

Well, I always thought Charlemenge's Vault was an early concept for a Cabal themed Raid, so they could do that. Didn't Rasputin basically absorb the other warminds or something? I could see fighting a warmind being a really fun thing raid wise. We defeat the warmind, Rasputin comes in, absorbs it like Majin Buu or some poo poo, and says, "here's loot, GTFO"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If Charlemagne shows up in D2 it'll bear little or no resemblance to whatever it was when it was cut in 2013-14.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Also, the Consul is voiced by Frank Langella, who is, I think, the biggest name in the whole game. I think we'll see some more of him.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Does anyone have a link to that original D1 story thing? I just remember poo poo like The Speaker being in cahoots with like Oryx and there being the Dreadnaught in Year 1 and that kinda poo poo.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Charlemagne is the Mars warmind, and that would be sick as gently caress if we had dueling warminds

There's some mention in D1 of Rasputin taking over/"protecting" an incumbent or dormant Charlemagne or something? But idk, we blew up the weapons vault, so all bets are off

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Crucible ruins everything once again. :smith:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The consul guy is a cabal higher up. Consul is a specific and powerful roman position from the republic/empire so it's just a title for a powerful dude in the greasy rhino Roman Empire of the cabal

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Being allowed entrance into the next raid should be determined by a 6v6 clash match of the two raid teams. Winner gets to zone in, loser has to queue up.

VoG would be way more rewarding if I got to deny it to some pve carebear poo poo lord in the forgotten ruins

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Being allowed entrance into the next raid should be determined by a 6v6 clash match of the two raid teams. Winner gets to zone in, loser has to queue up.

VoG would be way more rewarding if I got to deny it to some pve carebear poo poo lord in the forgotten ruins

Uh way to steal my copyrighted idea of a 3v3 match during the raid to determine which guys get sick loot drops and which don't. Make it halfway through so everyone is salty as hell for the last part of the raid.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yea

I played some Pirates of the Caribbean game and it has some weird cooperation between crafters (the dudes creating the boats) and the pvpers (the ones fighting with the boats), the economy has some limitations around a few metals, makin controlling some ports very important. On top of all, the nations had some .....uh... intense lore to them. Like the french nation had.... frenchs, the spanish nation.... had spanish guilds, and so on. So nationalism was intense, 300%. And sometimes weird, like having a bunch of german guys playing in the spanish nation. Hyper spain-nationalist germans.

In mmos, if the parts are well made, you can forge these strange reactions. But they are complicated and source of infinite drama, he. But good drama.

Tei fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jul 1, 2017

bushwookie19
Apr 2, 2015

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Uh way to steal my copyrighted idea of a 3v3 match during the raid to determine which guys get sick loot drops and which don't. Make it halfway through so everyone is salty as hell for the last part of the raid.

Why cant everyone have access to quality loot? We are a civilized gaming community. It wouldn't be fair to deny people sick loot.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

bushwookie19 posted:

Why cant everyone have access to quality loot? We are a civilized gaming community. It wouldn't be fair to deny people sick loot.

Dickwaving your godroll in someone else's face is 90 percent of the fun of Destiny

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just make one of the raids like a heist from GTA Online or something out of Division's dark zone where everyone gets good loot but you can get more good loot by backstabbing someone. I'm sure the Cabal have a vault full of rad guns somewhere, just do that.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
When does Anthem come out?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

el B posted:

When does Anthem come out?

https://youtu.be/lHo04qOae0Q

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

CANNOT WAIT

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm the fat mech bitching about spam invites

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Gotta get them shardz

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm the guy bitching about poo poo game design and bad RNG and still playing thousand or so hours.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

BlindSite posted:

I'm the guy bitching about poo poo game design and bad RNG and still playing thousand or so hours.

Any one of the carbon copy twitch streamers?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Everyone on SA?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Any one of the carbon copy twitch streamers?

"wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhassssss goin on guys itscha boy BLINDSITE here with another.... weekly.... destiny video"

lovely clip of PVE game play starts with crappy picture in picture of destiny weekly update

"so this week Bungie announced Mayhem for Iron Banner next week and some clan stuff, click the link at the bottom of the page for more - how come destiny is so bad right now guys?! I only have a million hours and this lovely youtube means I don't have to work

Like comment and subscribe for more content, also follow me on Twitch at TwitchdotTEEVEE slash BlindSite and please check out my Patreon, see YOU guardian in the tower

Until next time"

lovely techno outro.

Proceeds to poz own neghole.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I am that guy as well, too

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/881014167632740353

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/881014077191073793

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!

This isn’t news or silly gifs. I’m disappointed.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

How long will the beta last? Near to release?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
So how's destiny 2 looking I've been in England

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

How long will the beta last? Near to release?

About 2 minutes and yes

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Three days, but it'll take 48 hours to download

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Darth Windu posted:

So how's destiny 2 looking I've been in England

Looks like Destiny