Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh, and Knebel set the consecutive appearances as a reliever with a strikeout record :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

There's an interesting baseball game occurring in oakland atm. it may be worth tuning in to

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I just got a push notification that David Price and Eck got in an altercation. :stare:

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I just got a push notification that David Price and Eck got in an altercation. :stare:

lol not much good has come out of his time in boston

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

Pitchers are throwing harder and also people are trying to hit home runs.

That's his case.

I do think it's likely they did something to the ball, and it would be a logical move in response to the balance having tipped towards the pitchers significantly over the past six or seven years.

I'm pretty sure we also know for a fact that just in the last couple of seasons, hitters collectively have been swinging at and making hard contact with a lot more pitches that are low in the zone.

Though I'm not really sure how that comes about, where everyone just suddenly starts hitting low pitches?

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Eckersley seems cool

https://youtu.be/6KC2__SfBks

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Inspector_666 posted:

:siren: POSITION PLAYER PITCHING ALERT :siren:

Aoki pitching in the top of the 9th in the NYY v HOU game, he has issued two straight walks.

nooo I missed the most important event of my lifetime

Whooping Crabs posted:

Stephen Vogt hit 2 home runs, 3 RBI in his first game with the Brewers, a 3-2 win over Miami after being DFA'd by Oakland.

:unsmith: Hope he gets back to All-Star status with the Brewers or wherever he's at.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Turns out the Astros are bad

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Intruder posted:

Turns out the Astros are bad

TIL that 54-27 is a bad record.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Salvor_Hardin posted:

“Some people just don’t understand how hard this game is.”

Dennis Eckersley doesn't understand baseball? :confused:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
"Price-y kid, you gotta party with the cheese with some hair on it. I know you "gotta have it" but if you keep picking at the edges those guys are going to go bridge all the time."

*gets shoved*

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

That's because he is cool.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

Worse than 55-26 imo

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

N: https://twitter.com/gaslampball/status/880981754206498816

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Happy Booby Bonilla day!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Some Numbers posted:

How are they 54-27 with that bullpen?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

How are they 54-27 with that bullpen?

That bullpen was really good for the first...month and change?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Also, I imagine it's easier to be a real good team with a bad bullpen than be a team that is only good because of its bullpen, if that make makes sense.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'm looking to go to monday's yankees game. looking at the bleachers via stubhub. prices seem to be about $50/seat. is that about right? should i wait until monday?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
We've recalled Dayan Diaz and optioned Reymin Guduan because why not I guess

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
before this n/v goes away I am going to invoke Beefy Lad thread title for my Schwarber error debt payment for June

this includes AAA

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

fast cars loose anus posted:

We've recalled Dayan Diaz and optioned Reymin Guduan because why not I guess

If we don't trade for a starter and at least one reliever soon then this season is hosed

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Abel Wingnut posted:

i'm looking to go to monday's yankees game. looking at the bleachers via stubhub. prices seem to be about $50/seat. is that about right? should i wait until monday?

Seems high for bleacher seats, maybe wait till Monday.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Houston should be inquiring about people like Pat Neshek, Tommy Kahnle, and George Kontos. Relievers who are pitching well and playing for lovely teams.

I on the other hand, wish the Indians would get some dang help in the starting rotation. I do not like Trevor Bauer.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I forgot today was the first I'm gonna make a new thread.

You can watch Miguel Sano murder a baseball while you wait.

https://twitter.com/AroundBasesPOD/status/881231654299107328

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Houston should be inquiring about people like Pat Neshek, Tommy Kahnle, and George Kontos. Relievers who are pitching well and playing for lovely teams.

I on the other hand, wish the Indians would get some dang help in the starting rotation. I do not like Trevor Bauer.

They just ditched Neshek this past winter lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

July! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825551

• Locked thread