Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Plucky Brit posted:

First red NZ have received in the professional game, if I'm not mistaken.

Last all black red card was 19647.

Nineteen sixty fourseven.

e: thanks Vagabundo

Thel fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
I look forward to the headlines tomorrow when the Lions blow this game against 14 players.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
If the Lions don't win this they shouldn't bother turning up for the last test.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thel posted:

Last all black red card was 1964.

Nineteen sixty four.

To this man.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

stavros880 posted:

If the Lions don't win this they shouldn't bother turning up for the last test.

Are Scotland still hanging around on an NZ beach, somewhere?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Vaders Jester posted:

I look forward to the headlines tomorrow when the Lions blow this game against 14 players.

It's going to happen isn't it? They don't look like they're a man up at the minute, not convincing me they'll take advantage.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Tyma posted:

I think that describes Laidlaw and Seymour's tour so far.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

It's going to happen isn't it? They don't look like they're a man up at the minute, not convincing me they'll take advantage.

The next tour will revamped as "New Zealand vs The British and Irish and French and Sergio Parisse Lions"

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Also, interesting call by Hansen to take off a flanker for a replacement midfielder. I would've thought on a proper Wellington day like this (i.e. pissing rain sideways), winning the forward battle would be more important. Especially since Gatland hasn't gone with his usual wrecking-ball midfield combination ...

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Tyma posted:

Are Wales still in the area? :)

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

stavros880 posted:

Are Wales still in the area? :)

Picked up too many injuries in an epic battle against Wellington Schools XIV.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Ahhh yes, the old "Sexton does a loop" move, looks like Gatland was biding his time before setting the Lions loose :butt:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Ball distribution is looking a lot better with Sexton and Farrell playing together. Lions will still Scotland the poo poo out of this somehow but at least they'll not look truly terrible doing it.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I still believe in the lads. Great chance to achieve something great tonight. :sax:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Thel posted:

Last all black red card was 1964.

Nineteen sixty four.

1967, not 64 when Meads was sent off for breaking Frank Laidlaw's jaw when the All Blacks played Scotland in Edinburgh. The story I've heard is that Laidlaw kept punching him when Meads was going up for a lineout, so Meads decided to slap him across the face.

Prior to that was Cyril Brownlie in 1925 against England, although I'm not sure what got him sent off. It's also the first ever sending off in test rugby history.

This is the first time an actual red card was brandished against All Black in a test match.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Lions discipline is shameful.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
How many times can one player be pinged?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Can no one else on the ABs kick penalties?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Good consistency from the ref there.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

Can no one else on the ABs kick penalties?

Dagg has taken his share for the Highlanders (and 2 penalties and 1 conversion for the ABs), and Aaron Smith has a conversion against Australia to his name at the test level. Other than that, Cruden.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Dagg has taken his share for the Highlanders (and a handful for the ABs), and Aaron Smith has either a penalty or a conversion to his name at the test level. Other than that, Cruden.

Seems like Barrett is a little off his game, would be worth letting Dagg take them or is the drop off in success rate even worse?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Red?

E: good one mako

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
consistency from the ref has been bad

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

Seems like Barrett is a little off his game, would be worth letting Dagg take them or is the drop off in success rate even worse?

Are you sure about that?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Jones off instead of Itoje? What?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:lol: at the Lions pissing this away to penalties.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

By the standard set by the ref, Vunipola should be heading off for an early shower.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
Lions are playing really loving dumb rugby.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Are you sure about that?

ABs should be up by 18 if Barrett could nail his penalties. He's still great ball in hand but his kicking has been pretty bad.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

I mean... It doesn't actually matter.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lions bad.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Tyma posted:

I mean... It doesn't actually matter.

True, Lions are going full Scotland at the moment.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

ABs should be up by 18 if Barrett could nail his penalties. He's still great ball in hand but his kicking has been pretty bad.

Considering how much of a son of a bitch the Caketin is when it comes to kicking, he's done OK.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lions good.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
that was a good try

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Considering how much of a son of a bitch the Caketin is when it comes to kicking, he's done OK.

Fair, I didn't realise it was a rough stadium to kick in.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Lions are going Scotland.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

If they lose to 14 men, I motion we change it to "going Lions".

Scotland still bad.,

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

New Zealand are Scotlanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:getin: