Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

areyoucontagious posted:

Fwiw you've not done anything particularly scummy. I think you read as town frustration to me. Casting that vote seemed more flailing about than a hard bus. But yeah, just get loose on it man. You might like posting bullshit one line at a time.

Alternatively, don't focus on yourself. People who are super defensive set off scum radars. Look at other people's posts and search for inconsistencies / what you think are tells.

It's hard with the joke phase, of course.

no I don't think this is genuine

##vote areyoucontagious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Captain Foo posted:

It's fine dude

He made some reads, and you lost your poo poo

You're coming off a lot worse in this exchange tbh

He did not, did you read my post? He basically said nothing, he could have not posted at all and added as much to the conversation.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Here I will post some "reads"

e: nvm i will not be a snide rear end in a top hat my point stands true and easily seen~!

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Quidthulhu posted:

Here I will post some "reads"

e: nvm i will not be a snide rear end in a top hat my point stands true and easily seen~!

Jesus dude

Like Mafia aside you did this in the last game too. You post like you're wicked pissed off all the time and it makes this poo poo not fun.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That is an overreaction, there's no way you actually are this upset at me based on a single post that I decided not to go through with.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Quidthulhu posted:

That is an overreaction, there's no way you actually are this upset at me based on a single post that I decided not to go through with.

Nah, it's not just that post. I mean the overall quality of your posting. I'm not saying it's scummy, I'm saying you take this all too seriously.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ah the newbies who have never played with me, how cute :allears:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

why did we have this long weekend if no one is posting????

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

why did we have this long weekend if no one is posting????

HELL QUIDNOSE

what's up!

I need to see what's been happening in this game in my absence.

Have you found any CONTRADICTIONS?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hal is the death miller lol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Hal is the death miller lol

Once is enough for a lifetime

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Quidthulhu posted:

He did not, did you read my post? He basically said nothing, he could have not posted at all and added as much to the conversation.

I read your post and I read the other post, yes

It's pretty scummy to try to cajole me into understanding aycs post not by reading it, but by reading your version of it

Like I understand you're trying to convince me of things, that's how the game functions

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yet you injected words into the ayc post to make it imply things that it doesn't in order to pick it apart

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Quidthulhu posted:

-It comes from a perspective of knowing that AS is a misdunk. "Pmom defense based on her defense of KNOWN TOWN AS."

Bing it up your rear end and hang

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Some strong posting from Captain Foo imho

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Foo seems hardcore defensive of AYC

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Quidthulhu posted:

A person can caveat thoughts on day 1 and still be saying relevant things to a discussion. Saying, "I think x is likely, but y is a possibility as well" is not in fact saying nothing.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

Some strong posting from Captain Foo imho

After my latest break from Mafia I have thoughts about what is good play and is not good play, wheedling people for being slightly wishy washy is not good play. Especially (early) on D1 it's hard to say anything with conviction, there just isn't enough info. So coming off super hard out of the gate is garbage play, and if you say you 100 percent have a read you get nailed on that, if you take a measured stance you get nailed on that!

I get that being wishy washy is scummy, but that's later when there's actual play to be analyzed and refusing to do so. Early on? Nah, and i think the conceit of non-perfect play being scummy is so terrible and detrimental to actually playing! Especially when there's no real agreement on what good play is, case in point the D1 turbo question

So in conclusion, quid is being :sun: disingenuous :sun: and that's a lot more suspicious than making reads without 100% conviction on early day 1

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yorkshire Tea posted:

A person can caveat thoughts on day 1 and still be saying relevant things to a discussion. Saying, "I think x is likely, but y is a possibility as well" is not in fact saying nothing.

I'm not saying this isn't a possibility but you guys are acting like "faking content" isn't something scum need to do in this game. It is very possible that that is fake content from AYC.

You' are right to say that there is a possibility that AYC made that statement. You've come in and soft defended him here and yet have done the same thing: You haven't made a hard call on him, and frankly you also haven't made a hard call on me, so right now your response looks worse.

Two questions:

-Do you like AYC's response to my callout? Why or why not?
-Who do you think is scum right now?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

After my latest break from Mafia I have thoughts about what is good play and is not good play, wheedling people for being slightly wishy washy is not good play. Especially (early) on D1 it's hard to say anything with conviction, there just isn't enough info. So coming off super hard out of the gate is garbage play, and if you say you 100 percent have a read you get nailed on that, if you take a measured stance you get nailed on that!

I get that being wishy washy is scummy, but that's later when there's actual play to be analyzed and refusing to do so. Early on? Nah, and i think the conceit of non-perfect play being scummy is so terrible and detrimental to actually playing! Especially when there's no real agreement on what good play is, case in point the D1 turbo question

So in conclusion, quid is being :sun: disingenuous :sun: and that's a lot more suspicious than making reads without 100% conviction on early day 1

I'm not being disingenuous but YT brought up a good point I hadn't considered. This may change my mafia game after all these years, lololol

Same questions I gave him to you:

-Do you like AYC's response
-Who do you think is scum

And

-What do you think of YT coming in & defending AYC?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also, why do you think I'm being disingenuous? By your own account my play could just be bad, not scummy.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

Quidthulhu posted:

Ah the newbies who have never played with me, how cute :allears:

ya'll newbs to me :allears:

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Once is enough for a lifetime

did i make you a death miller

?

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Kashuno posted:

ehh well yeah i guess but

Captain Foo posted:

Yet you injected words into the ayc post to make it imply things that it doesn't in order to pick it apart

he is doing something i used to do a lot and merk would call scummy, he is attacking quid's logic that he si using to build his case

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Dhaes posted:

what is this why are you unvoting who does that outside of lylo

##vote added space

i still think this is a solid case, even tho a lot of you seem to have a touch of the tard and don't agree with me, and d1 lurker lynches are fine to me so like gif prost is fine too :slick:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

Do scum ever even defend their buddies anymore?

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Do scum ever even defend their buddies anymore?

i would always defned you :syoon:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:forkbomb:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Quidthulhu posted:

Also, why do you think I'm being disingenuous? By your own account my play could just be bad, not scummy.

Why are you making me reiterate my point?

You're being disingenuous because you inserted words into the version of aycs post that you attacked

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

areyoucontagious posted:

I dunno man these are just gut feels

This game has been like 90% poo poo posts. I picked on things that seemed scummy to me, trying to pull at strings. Nothing feels solid enough for a vote. You and Dhaes pulled the same argument so I mentioned you both.

This is the response we're talking about? It's fine although voting is easy to do. I understand the sentiment, however.

I v much understand how a joke phase that also includes me and Kash and asiina trying to one up each other on short posting is well nigh unreadable

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yt is "defending" ayc in the same way I am, which is to be defending the metA of not being 100% on day 1

IT'S FINE

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So am I scummy or not? Why are you spending so much time talking about game mechanics meta to give a read that amounts to "it's d1 nobody can know"

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Jonathan Fisk replaces BottleKnight!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

areyoucontagious (2): Quidthulhu, EXAKT Science
Added Space (2): Jonathan Fisk, Dhaes, EXAKT Science, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, EXAKT Science
EXAKT Science (1): Captain Foo, Kashuno, Captain Foo
Quidthulhu (1): Captain Foo
Hal Incandenza (1): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Yorkshire Tea
Pinterest Mom (1): gif Probst
Yorkshire Tea (1): areyoucontagious
Dhaes (0): Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Kashuno, Quidthulhu
Jonathan Fisk (0): Dhaes, Added Space, Kashuno, Dhaes, Added Space, Kashuno
Captain Foo (0): Dhaes, Dhaes
Kashuno (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu

Not Voting (4): Added Space, Hal Incandenza, Pinterest Mom, Retro Futurist

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 03rd, 2017 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Quidthulhu posted:

So am I scummy or not? Why are you spending so much time talking about game mechanics meta to give a read that amounts to "it's d1 nobody can know"

I'm voting you, idiot

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dhaes posted:

did i make you a death miller

?

No it was little mac

I don't think I ever played a Dhaesed and Confused game

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I'm still against D1 lynches based on the math.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

No it was little mac

I don't think I ever played a Dhaesed and Confused game

thats too bad, maybe next time

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Added Space posted:

:magical:

ok seriously come on now vote this dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Added Space posted:

NOPE

always D1 Lynch

• Locked thread