Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I think Columbus has set a new low for final ascension arts.

I mean there's nothing wrong with a rough style, but this looks more like a rough draft.

I'm pretty glad he's in though. Now if only Blackbeard had his animations updated to match everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
There's entirely too much detail and deliberation on those lines to be a draft. Dude just has a super sketchy linework style. I dig it.

Plus, he's all GIMME THE BITCHES AND WHORES and it owns.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

columbus's art is great on its own ,very distinctive. sticks out a lot tho

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

The next PV for Heaven's Feel should servire this weekend.

https://twitter.com/Fate_SN_Anime/status/880608335824691200

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's the thread title from?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Some dumb MAL review.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Apocrypha anime tomorrow! I'm hype as gently caress. Also a new PV for Heaven's Feel. And Grand Order is more fun than I thought it would be and I'm glad I gave it a chance with the english release.

Everything's comin' up Fate.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Yeah, Grand Order is way more fun it's supposed to be.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

YggdrasilTM posted:

Yeah, Grand Order is way more fun it's supposed to be.
I took me probably like 3 days before most of it clicked, understanding the optimal way to go about the dailies and handle AP, etc. It's definitely addicting, I keep thinking of excuses in my schedule for "well I bet my AP has recharged by now, I could do a quick daily or two".

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Guy Goodbody posted:

What's the thread title from?

Somebody didn't like FSN and did a review of it on MAL.

Then there were like 5+ pages of people in SA talking about people in MAL.

I was actually kind of curious and searching's easy so here you go: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671286&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=51#post445450581

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
It's hard to say when Grand Order "clicked" for me. Probably a gradual realization that I'm way more invested in leveling up my dudes than I thought I would be. And then you just keep going and going and then it's got you.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've been on a warpath trying to get my Jeanne and Herc ascended so that people actually start using them as supports.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk why I stuck with Grand Order, because August 2015 Grand Order was godawful, but it was my first legit investment in a mobage and I probably wanted to see it through to see if it ever got better.

Thankfully it did and I'm still loving playing it, rip.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Agartha was alright for the most part, but Drake Alter was a massive disappointment, Megaros fights kinda sucked, and the story is so boring and uneventful compared to Shinjuku which was an amazing way to start of EoR. I did like the pillars fight near the end though and it got me a shitton of BP for my ladies and made me use my Liz more, so it was worthwhile. I also don't care for some of the servants here tbh. Penthesilea was cool and so was Columbus, but Wu Zetian is a bit whatever to me and Scheherazade is very whatever outside of her design.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was very lukewarm on FGO for a long while. Orleans and Rome just didn't click for me at all.

What eventually got me properly interested in it was the Fate/Zero event. Going back in time with adult Waver to fix all the problems in the fourth war was almost everything I could have asked for. I do kinda wish they'd brought another servant that would have some interesting reactions, but I guess they wanted to keep in focused on Waver and the new servants.

Now that I'm finally getting around to play through the second half of the story it's actually pretty good! Almost like a real Type-moon VN, only where you get interrupted by werewolves or something every five minutes.

Captain Baal posted:

I also don't care for some of the servants here tbh. Penthesilea was cool and so was Columbus, but Wu Zetian is a bit whatever to me and Scheherazade is very whatever outside of her design.

Yeah, that was kind of my feeling too. I'm debating whether or not to bother throwing some quartz at the pickup gacha because I'd like the new Berserker or Columbus, but I know if I do I'll just get one of the others and they'll sit in my box at level 1 forever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

camelot is the second best fate thing (best is ccc)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
F/GO did not seem particularly fun through fuyuki (so not very far obviously but enough to understand the basic gameplay) and I'm already knee deep in another mobile game so I quit despite how excited I was for it. A shame.

e: if people are saying it's the kind of game that takes a bit to click maybe I'll go back

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

cheetah7071 posted:

e: if people are saying it's the kind of game that takes a bit to click maybe I'll go back
If you don't care about waifu, epic story, team building, battle card and skill juggling, or nasuverse, you can quit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

F/GO did not seem particularly fun through fuyuki (so not very far obviously but enough to understand the basic gameplay) and I'm already knee deep in another mobile game so I quit despite how excited I was for it. A shame.

the gameplay isn't very interesting in the early going but it gets a lot more interesting when the bosses start being actual challenges with mechanics.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Captain Baal posted:

Drake Alter was a massive disappointment

Man, that really sucks to hear. :(

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

Man, that really sucks to hear. :(

I mean, she looks cool / has some cool attack animations, but the actual fights with her are so easy. I kept expecting some massive AoE NP from her, but she just has a dinky little healing / buffing NP that doesn't even have a neat animation attached to her. They handled her very strangely.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Sylphid posted:

. I kept expecting some massive AoE NP from her, but she just has a dinky little healing / buffing NP that doesn't even have a neat animation attached to her. They handled her very strangely.
Tomomo gimmick of survival is through healing. On np chain 3 she can heal 6000 per turn. There will a ce later that make her heal so much that she pretty much can't die until the enemy crit her.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Nyaa posted:

Tomomo gimmick of survival is through healing. On np chain 3 she can heal 6000 per turn. There will a ce later that make her heal so much that she pretty much can't die until the enemy crit her.

Drake Alter not Tamamo.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I think I stuck with FGO once I was able to roll both Saber Alter and Nero and then I knew I had to stick around to make them cool (this was before I realized it was just as important if not more so to invest in your silvers such as Cu or David). Early FGO in JP was bad, but I think things like the music and the consistent updates from the staff that actually improved gameplay helped a lot.

Also when Kara no Kyoukai happened, there was no way I was backing out since Shiki Ryougi is one of my all time favorite TM characters. KnK event is the only event I've 100% cleared the shop for.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

So my take on Agartha. It kind of sucked. The battles were terrible and I ended up wiping too many times on the prelude fights to the final boss then wiped again on it proper.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

New PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i39ib1C50iQ

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Not sure how to feel about Apocrypha the show. I guess I'll watch up to Siegfried vs Karna and see how it's handled things to that point.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
it is every explained why all these historical figures are suddenly large chested anime babes

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The first episode is probably showing everyone's face one person at a time, then it ends.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

it is every explained why all these historical figures are suddenly large chested anime babes

some of them yes, some of them no, either way genderswapping historical figures is cool imo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Some of them I'm fine with, some like Musashi and Ushiwakamaru are loving stupid and unnecessary even for Fate. I think the one I like most is Quetz though cause the reason they have is actually pretty sound and she's just amazing anyways.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

to be fair king arthur is definitely not large chested

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Heaven's Feel ufotable hype intensifies.

Captain Baal posted:

Some of them I'm fine with, some like Musashi and Ushiwakamaru are loving stupid and unnecessary even for Fate. I think the one I like most is Quetz though cause the reason they have is actually pretty sound and she's just amazing anyways.

I'm incredibly partial to wa kimono's so Musashi is cool and good. :colbert:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Musashi's both dumb and funny, as she comes from different dimension and she even freaks out that ushi is a woman. Ushi in her world is a man, while supposedly Fgo's musashi is a man.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like Francis Drake's because it's, well I wouldn't say believable, but works a lot better than a simple handwave and is kind of a funny bit of alt-history.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

some of them yes, some of them no, either way genderswapping historical figures is cool imo

I saw the character art for Jack the Ripper, and I feel like that deserves some kind of explanation

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I saw the character art for Jack the Ripper, and I feel like that deserves some kind of explanation

Because the true identity of Jack the Ripper has never been made clear, its shape changes in accordance with which Class it is summoned into. In this case, having manifested as an Assassin, it is an aggregation of children who were not allowed to be born.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also there's ANOTHER Jack from S/F that's completely different in skillset, appearance (?),origin and personality

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Plutonis posted:

Also there's ANOTHER Jack from S/F that's completely different in skillset, appearance (?),origin and personality
That one is the berserker version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

the design's kinda bad even as someone who's usually up for fanservice. sometimes video games have bad designs. i hope this helps.