Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

I'm still on my first playthrough, just got off the Plateau. I've got a couple noob questions:

1.Where do you take the Korok Seeds to for the inventory expansions?

2. Where do you find this giant horse I've heard about?

1. Follow the guide posted path through the first two cities and you can't miss him. It's a good idea to do this for a number of reasons before you set out wandering.

2. Explore the central southern region. There's a quest down there that'll help you find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

RCarr posted:

99% of the people who got this DLC have beaten the game, or are already deep into it. I wouldn't call it, "really poorly implemented." It's fine for anyone who has put countless hours into the game and just wants to get to the new stuff. People would have just looked it up online anyway.

It is poorly implemented, because it's incongruous with the rest of the game. None of the other quests shove themselves in your face. Anyone who comes to this game late and figures, 'well I might as well get the DLC too' is going to have a bunch of random super bonus EX DLC quests shoved down their throat at the game's relative beginning, and that's not good. The Phantom Armor completely removes the need for Barbarian armor for most of the game, and as previously stated, Majora's Mask is practically a 'you win' button. It's fine to have these things just there for the finding, but to have the game specifically sign-post them that early is not good design.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Regy Rusty posted:

1. Follow the guide posted path through the first two cities and you can't miss him. It's a good idea to do this for a number of reasons before you set out wandering.

To add on to this: it's often a good idea to follow roads. You'll run into all the stables along the roads, and each stable has an associated shrine. Plus NPCs on the main roads into new areas will often hand you free items that are very helpful.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Zoran posted:

To add on to this: it's often a good idea to follow roads. You'll run into all the stables along the roads, and each stable has an associated shrine. Plus NPCs on the main roads into new areas will often hand you free items that are very helpful.

Almost every stable has a shrine. There's one outlier in the west-ish region

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

jivjov posted:

Almost every stable has a shrine. There's one outlier in the west-ish region

Depends whether you count the shrine in the adjacent town, I suppose.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Stay woke, master sword

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I bought the DLC and loaded up the game. I started watching my early game. It was really fun seeing where I went and various deaths and remembering what I was doing. "Oh, that was when I was fighting those monsters at the beach" "That's when I tried to fight that lynel, twice, and then the moblin near it." I'll have to jump more into it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm really looking forward to this second playthrough slightly more well-informed because I went in and stayed completely blind and this thread always talks about so much that I never got a hint of the existence of:

That horses have deeper mechanics besides "jump on one and ride it for a little bit"
I barely found any armour besides shop-sold stuff, played the entire game in the Kakariko armour set.
I found maybe 15 Korok seeds total in my first playthrough. I've already found 7 before I've left the Plateu
I found a single memory (the easiest) because I didn't think they'd be much, have been informed I am very wrong
A house!?

It's such a good game.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Motherfucker. Mother FUCKER.

Master Mode Guardians delay their shots.

They start off with regular timing and when they get to low health, they switch to a delayed beam that shoots a second or so after the sound effect that would normally trigger a parry.

MOTHER FUCKERS

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I'm probably going to be grinding Guardians for the Ancient set soon, after I finally go to Gerudo ville finally. Probably going to use Ancient Arrows with a Lynel bow (3 shot) as I'm not good at parrying. I know the stalker's weakness well enough (the eye), but what about the skywatcher? the little... camera orb on the bottom?

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Spergatory posted:

They start off with regular timing and when they get to low health, they switch to a delayed beam that shoots a second or so after the sound effect that would normally trigger a parry.

MOTHER FUCKERS

Wow lmao. That's an incredibly dick move. Glad they took hard mode even deeper than I expected, but at the same time I now have to fear guardians the same way when I played brand new.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I never saw a bear once on my first playthrough and I didn't find horse god or finish tarry town. I have so much to do this time around, before I even do the dlc stuff

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The DLC fits better into a new playthrough than into a finished one.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Spergatory posted:

It absolutely does work on stals, at least in normal mode. Made me traipsing about Hyrule Field looking for the other DLC items much more hassle-free.

Doesn't in master mode, at least not on on boko stals. Though a couple of lizal stals showed up in Goponga Swamp and didn't attack, then I got boko stals again on the other side and they did. So I dunno.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Made it to level 11 in Trial of the Sword before dying in normal mode, but tbf I bombed myself accidentally. Twice :(

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Spergatory posted:

MOTHER FUCKERS

Oh poo poo, I thought I just goofed. Once it happened I immediately parried again for perfect parry though.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Runcible Cat posted:

Doesn't in master mode, at least not on on boko stals. Though a couple of lizal stals showed up in Goponga Swamp and didn't attack, then I got boko stals again on the other side and they did. So I dunno.

Just tested, it works on all Stals even in Master Mode. What probably happened to you was that there was another enemy type present that the mask couldn't fool. If any one enemy sees through your disguise, then all enemies currently aware of you are clued in and the jig, as they say, is up. Chu-chus and Keese are the biggest offenders. loving Keese.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Spergatory posted:

Just tested, it works on all Stals even in Master Mode. What probably happened to you was that there was another enemy type present that the mask couldn't fool. If any one enemy sees through your disguise, then all enemies currently aware of you are clued in and the jig, as they say, is up. Chu-chus and Keese are the biggest offenders. loving Keese.

It can be strangely inconsistent about it though, I've had Lizafos ignore me while under bombardment from Octoroks.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Man I really suck at Trial of the Sword and I'm only on normal, pretty sure there's no way I'll be able to pass it in hard mode

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I just did the Kakariko shrine quest, the one with the ball in Impa's house and now i'm sad :smith:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Akett posted:

It can be strangely inconsistent about it though, I've had Lizafos ignore me while under bombardment from Octoroks.

Octoroks, for whatever reason, do not seem to count. I've never had an Octorok blow my cover.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Yeah the mask is strange, I was chilling with a pair of Stalmoblin until a goat knocked me down, and one of them tried to kill me.

Also sword trials complete, felt shorter than I was expecting, the hardest parts were the guardian turrets.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Should I max out hearts for the trial on normal?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
About seven hours into my Master Mode run. Once I got off the Plateau, I went straight for Majora's Mask, then had a casual stroll through Hyrule Castle picking up all the overpowered weapons and bidding howdoyoudo to all the Silver monsters as I sashayed past them without a care in the world. Once again, I am the uncontested god-king of Hyrule, and no amount of regenerating health will save you from me, Bokoblins. :black101:

I'm thinking for this run, I'll do the opposite of my challenge mode run and go for the Master Sword as soon as possible. Then, I'll bash my head against the Sword Trials until I inevitably break through and spank the rest of the game with my glowing Deathblade.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Man I really suck at Trial of the Sword and I'm only on normal, pretty sure there's no way I'll be able to pass it in hard mode

Where specifically are you dying? There are ways to cheese just about every would-be difficult room in that challenge, iirc.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Spergatory posted:

About seven hours into my Master Mode run. Once I got off the Plateau, I went straight for Majora's Mask, then had a casual stroll through Hyrule Castle picking up all the overpowered weapons and bidding howdoyoudo to all the Silver monsters as I sashayed past them without a care in the world. Once again, I am the uncontested god-king of Hyrule, and no amount of regenerating health will save you from me, Bokoblins. :black101:

congratulations

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Spergatory posted:

\Where specifically are you dying? There are ways to cheese just about every would-be difficult room in that challenge, iirc.

I'm stalling out at rooms 10-11, as embarrassing as that sounds. I think a big part of it is getting super impatient and forgetting that I don't in fact have unlimited food to heal myself with.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Trial of the Sword is really good. Haven't tried the final trial yet but there's something really satisfying having nothing but your wits going in.

Middle trial had some nice set-pieces and as soon as you get the hang of one, you get thrown into another. I tended to hoard stuff more than I probably should have. I beat the middle trial with a whole armory full of weapons, shields, and arrows. I think I had something like 120 arrows by the end.

The final "shrine room" in the trial is awesome. The glyph panorama of Hyrule is really a nice touch. I like how you keep ascending stairs to get to the shrine room itself which looks to have like 7-8 monks in it. I'll have to pay attention to see if it has something to do with the Sages from previous games.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Spergatory posted:

Makes sense; there usually tend to be keese around Outpost/Proxim Bridge, though I can't figure out what set off the Goponga ones - stals appeared, the bokoblins I'd strolled by seconds ago sounded the alarm and everyone dogpiled me. Unless it was the octorok out in the river, but that was ignoring me.

And the lynel on the way to the Naydra snowfield went for me at once too.

Akett posted:

This I guess. Well, it's a mask of horrifying cosmic evil, no wonder if it randomly fucks you over every now and then.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What's the quickest way to grind for Rupees?

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Find a couple good rare ore deposits and Talus locations and sell gems imo

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Probably farming Farosh Horn shards. THe claim is up to 50k+ per hour, plus if you/don't/ sell them, you can use them to make 30-minute meals.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Man, Hyrule Castle in Master Mode is a goddamn gemstone mine. Every single enemy is silver, so every single enemy drops at least one, usually two gemstones. And there just happens to be a bunch of great weapons lying around to help you kill them.

I prefer using the Masked Murderer method, wherein I put on a creepy mask to lure unsuspecting monsters away from their friends and then viciously stab them to death once I get them alone.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

There's a bowling minigame near the Hebra tower, just jump east and land at the house. 20 rupees to play, just drop it literally right behind the guy when he stops (bump the back of his head with the snowball) and you will get strikes like 70% of the time, and easy spares the rest. A strike nets you 300 rupees, a spare 100, 9 pins 50 and like 7 gets you your investment back. Its a good listen to podcasts and chill sort of thing.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

There's also hunting the wildlife around the snowfield stables for prime and gourmet meat, get enough to cram five into one meal and they'll sell for 210 and 490 rupees a pop respectively.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I learned something new doing the Trial of the Sword

You can cook wood

It only gives you like a quarter heart but I bombed every single tree in the trial and ate a shitload of fiber.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Bloop posted:

I learned something new doing the Trial of the Sword

You can cook wood

It only gives you like a quarter heart but I bombed every single tree in the trial and ate a shitload of fiber.

welp I guess I know what I'm doing the next time I give it a shot, I've stalled out on floor 11 several times, time to start eating literally every tree

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Do the overworld bosses like Hinoxes get upgraded by Master Mode?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Augus posted:

Do the overworld bosses like Hinoxes get upgraded by Master Mode?

every one gets bumped up a level. idk if black hinoxes go up to a heretofore unseen level because i don't remember where a black one spawns

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Ashsaber posted:

There's a bowling minigame near the Hebra tower, just jump east and land at the house. 20 rupees to play, just drop it literally right behind the guy when he stops (bump the back of his head with the snowball) and you will get strikes like 70% of the time, and easy spares the rest. A strike nets you 300 rupees, a spare 100, 9 pins 50 and like 7 gets you your investment back. Its a good listen to podcasts and chill sort of thing.

If this is the original method, it no longer works, or it's no longer supposed to. something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

If you don't care about exploits then

maltesh posted:

Probably farming Farosh Horn shards. THe claim is up to 50k+ per hour, plus if you/don't/ sell them, you can use them to make 30-minute meals.

this is pretty much the way to go