Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The real problem with bioshock infinite is that they dont say n****r

-mattew matosis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Help Im Alive posted:

Please put splatoon 2 in the OP

Yes, hello, police? I would like to report a hate crime. Well, a hate crime of omission. It was done by forums poster corn in the bible. The crime is against squids.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

you're a kid now

you're a squid now

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

You have to remember that Croc was pitched to Nintendo as a 3D Yoshi game before the N64 was even a thing, which they were very excited about until they suddenly dropped until they later just happened to reveal Mario 64 at the same E3 Argonaut was revealing Croc.

Man, Nintendo were were not nice to Argonaut. I think never making a worthwhile Starfox game after 64 is their punishment for that.

It would be so easy to make another good Starfox game but they keep loving it up, I don't understand.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Starfox 64/Lylat Wars was so good, though

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Help Im Alive posted:

It's good but is there a less appealing video game abbreviation/acronym than cod blops

THE NUMBERS MASON

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Big Boss in Peace Walker has brain damage and doesn't remember the ending of Snake Eater...

Also I was about to get all mad at the Chrysalis fight and the I realized that I wasn't locking on with my missiles and not that they didn't work right. Durrr.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

To celebrate Canada Day, I played a few years of Hearts of Iron IV as Communist Canada and conquered the US

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

To celebrate Canada Day, I played a few years of Hearts of Iron IV as Communist Canada and conquered the US

Triggering the American Civil War as Canada is fun

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Starfox 64/Lylat Wars was so good, though

Deffo, I guess it's like the Rogue Squadron series where the second one was pretty much perfect so instead of just continuing to make great entries that expanded the scope and polished up little things they kept trying to add stupid gimmicks like on-foot sections or turning it into a Zelda clone.

Although that reminds me of the abandoned SNES Starfox 2 that would've had Arwing Gundams :keke:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Jay Rust posted:

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to get this game. I've been waffling about getting this or EU4 during the steam sale.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

McSpanky posted:

It would be so easy to make another good Starfox game but they keep loving it up, I don't understand.

Asura's Wrath only instead of Mad Animes it's Sad Furries.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to get this game. I've been waffling about getting this or EU4 during the steam sale.

EU4 isn't as single-minded so I think it has more longevity.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

McSpanky posted:

Deffo, I guess it's like the Rogue Squadron series where the second one was pretty much perfect so instead of just continuing to make great entries that expanded the scope and polished up little things they kept trying to add stupid gimmicks like on-foot sections or turning it into a Zelda clone.

Although that reminds me of the abandoned SNES Starfox 2 that would've had Arwing Gundams :keke:

it ain't abandoned no more, brother!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
anyway here's my big steam sale prize:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looper posted:

This is legit a great prize to be honest.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

amazon is doing a promo where you can get $10 credit just for watching a Prime video on your TV so i'm either gonna get blaster master zero for switch or mad max for ps4. there were other games that i whittled down (apparently grow home runs poorly on ps4). in the end it'll probably be blasty masty so i have another switch game besides BOTW

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Puyo Puyo Tetris demo is like Wake Island from Battlefield 1942. This is exactly what I want when I think, "I want to play some Tetris," and I just keep coming back to it. Every time I think about buying the full game I'm like, "Do I really need versus or story mode for this"

Looper posted:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Looper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WkSpUiOc00

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Butt-Butt Saves The Poo

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Puyo Puyo Tetris demo is like Wake Island from Battlefield 1942. This is exactly what I want when I think, "I want to play some Tetris," and I just keep coming back to it. Every time I think about buying the full game I'm like, "Do I really need versus or story mode for this"

the ranked online mode is really good!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

it's a good argument against having demos, in terms of financial conversion

ON THE OTHER HAND, the following demos DID make me want to buy the game:

Hollow Knight
Battle Princess Madelyn
Indivisible
DOOM
Splasher

And then I actually did go out and get these games after playing their demos: Virginia, and The Eyes of Ara

puyo puyo tetris just made a bad demo in that it gives you all you need. another example is Bravely Default which has a demo that has like 3-4 hours of content. like, thanks for the generous portion Square but you overstuffed me on the appetizer and now you want me to buy the full course meal? i'm good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Quest For Glory II posted:

amazon is doing a promo where you can get $10 credit just for watching a Prime video on your TV so i'm either gonna get blaster master zero for switch or mad max for ps4. there were other games that i whittled down (apparently grow home runs poorly on ps4). in the end it'll probably be blasty masty so i have another switch game besides BOTW

I am away from my PS4 during the promo period. If I had brought my Vita with me I could have Remote Played in to activate this :negative:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Quest For Glory II posted:

it's a good argument against having demos, in terms of financial conversion

ON THE OTHER HAND, the following demos DID make me want to buy the game:

Hollow Knight
Battle Princess Madelyn
Indivisible
DOOM
Splasher

And then I actually did go out and get these games after playing their demos: Virginia, and The Eyes of Ara

puyo puyo tetris just made a bad demo in that it gives you all you need. another example is Bravely Default which has a demo that has like 3-4 hours of content. like, thanks for the generous portion Square but you overstuffed me on the appetizer and now you want me to buy the full course meal? i'm good

if you play that BD demo five times you'll have experienced the full game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am away from my PS4 during the promo period. If I had brought my Vita with me I could have Remote Played in to activate this :negative:
oh no!!! well at least you still have that PSN sale going on as long as you have access to a web browser

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

McSpanky posted:

It's finally getting released via the SNES Classic, and the walker you mentioned did finally make an appearance in the franchise in Star Fox Zero.

Also, didn't a few remnants from Argonaut work on Star Fox Command (It wasn't great mind you, but it's something)?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
they definitely each have problems (on foot segments and lack of variable mission objectives, all-range only for bosses and the gyrocopter in general) but I really like Star Fox Assault and Zero

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8xytxOZXYo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://youtu.be/nIKI27IxR5A
Vid posits that if not for the oil crisis in 1973, nintendo would have been in the business of refitting bowling alleys into video clay pigeon ranges instead of home consoles.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Guy Mann posted:

The weird thing is that one of the few games he ever got really, really into was Hitman: Codename 47 and Hitman 2: Silent Assassin which even fans of the games will tell you are complicated and obtuse and janky as hell.

Hitman 1, yeah definitely. But Hitman 2 I would never call "complicated" or "obtuse", the only really lovely part of that game is the Japan missions and the sniper ninjas that can see you from across the map.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

well they never made a Mario 64 2 so

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

raditts posted:

well they never made a Mario 64 2 so

Because it's delayed. Twenty years and they still haven't managed to fully implement Croc 2's robust Yazoo and Wahey system.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

online vs PPT is awesome and if wasn't spending most of my gaming time with PS2 stuff rn I would just be playing that and Guilty gear all day

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Puyo Puyo Tetris is great because it's still fun even when you're getting absolutely demolished by an insane Puyo Puyo and/or Tetris grandmaster you matched up with in the online mode.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/LilChocobro/status/881365741471059968

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Persona 5 battle menu going around taking pics of other cosplayers is genuinely the best cosplay I've ever seen

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lmao this loving rules

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

yr embarrassing this young lady

https://twitter.com/lunarorbitz/status/881369946789249028

https://twitter.com/lunarorbitz/status/881372651133980672

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/14/15802706/wolfenstein-new-colossus-bj-head-transplant

I'm fully on board with this nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Face/Off 2: Head Games

• Locked thread