Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I thought this was going to about that doctor that wanted to do IRL head transplants and also sue Kojima before I clicked this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
lol that wolfenstein literally has ancient jewish magic robot

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

corn in the bible posted:

I haven't seen what you're referring to but I believe that is called a "golem"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There must have been some magic in that old jew mech suit they found

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

What is there to deal with, Polygon author

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

do you think bj refused the transplant until they found a body with an even bigger dick

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
In The Old Blood they had to specially tailor a Nazi uniform for him because he was too massive to fit any of the uniforms they stole, I'm sure he'd be happy to have a body that didn't actively interfere with his work like that.

Also I was recently exposed to the theory that per an interview with the devs that said this time the choice at the start will be between two objects instead of two people and that it would drastically change the way the game played, and going off of the trailer's emphasis on head transplants and the fact that you see BJ both in the robot suit and the human body that that choice will be picking which body you get on and that the robot body will have jet boosts and poo poo and I think that sounds cool.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

guy mann is always wrong so i predict the game will NOT have that choice

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

The polygon writer cracks his knuckles and pulls out his wireless Macintosh keyboard, with "this machine kills fascists" written across the back in label printer tape to avoid voiding the warranty. "Time to show those internet haters how we do"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i cant handle bj having a new body, its blowing my mind, my mind has been blown and now i hate heterosexuality and america and am joining a commune im a communist

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

jet boosts and poo poo

wolfenstein II: the new vanquisher

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
drat, first Patrick Gill spent months harassing Nintendo with diaper artwork and now this. I bet Polygon is really reconsidering having somebody who is so unprofessional on their payroll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIKxTP2NcY

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

i cant handle bj having a new body, its blowing my mind, my mind has been blown and now i hate heterosexuality and america and am joining a commune im a communist

drat this game is really good.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

good.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I've been out of town for a few days and I'm not going to go through 600 posts from the end of the last chat thread.

How's everyone doing? Did I miss any fun drama?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I've been out of town for a few days and I'm not going to go through 600 posts from the end of the last chat thread.

How's everyone doing? Did I miss any fun drama?

Donald Trump is the new games mod.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wow, gently caress peace walker round 2. Shot at that thing for 30 minutes until I ran out of ammo, then died.

I don't understand, I'm shooting it in its weakest points.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Snak posted:

Wow, gently caress peace walker round 2. Shot at that thing for 30 minutes until I ran out of ammo, then died.

You're not shooting hard enough, scrublord.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Snak posted:

You probably need to research more powerful weapons.

Peace Walker runs more on RPG logic I guess than classic Metal Gear logic.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Snak posted:

yeah so now you get to grind again

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
There's something I'm missing. Kaz keeps saying "Now, Now!" Every time I stagger it, but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do the. I thought it was shoot at the exposed missile, but it doesn't seem to do anything and onyl does 80 damage instead of 400.

I got it down to it's last health bar last time, and then every time it hit it I got that prompt...

Edit: durr, use the battle suit.

Snak fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jul 2, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm on the last boss of Blaster Master Zero and it's bringing back bad Doppleganger fight memories.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

Maybe it's actually a black woman's body!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Isn't the whole premise of wolfenstein, besides that killing Hitler allowed someone smarter to take over, that all the insane stuff the nazis experimented and developed during the war ended up working? Hence the totally alive, not dead after a few seconds cat head on a monkey body.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Guy Mann posted:

drat, first Patrick Gill spent months harassing Nintendo with diaper artwork and now this. I bet Polygon is really reconsidering having somebody who is so unprofessional on their payroll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIKxTP2NcY

Nintendo should stop being rude and retweet the Toad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Puyo Puyo Wolfenstein imo

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Captain Invictus posted:

Isn't the whole premise of wolfenstein, besides that killing Hitler allowed someone smarter to take over, that all the insane stuff the nazis experimented and developed during the war ended up working? Hence the totally alive, not dead after a few seconds cat head on a monkey body.

Kind of? Hitler being alive or dead changes depending on which game we're talking about but the premise that "this ridiculous technology worked somehow" is the burning white-hot core of Wolfenstein, right up there with "you play as a Polish-American built like a goddamn brick shithouse".

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

World building in Wolfenstein games is literally a Silver Age comic.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
bump

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Well the thing is that specifically the last two wolfenstein games were about how the nazis won the war and solidified their rule over all europe using secret jewish science they stole from secret zion tablets. Which is uh. Well. It's not the direction I would've gone.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lazy mods

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lurdiak posted:

Well the thing is that specifically the last two wolfenstein games were about how the nazis won the war and solidified their rule over all europe using secret jewish science they stole from secret zion tablets. Which is uh. Well. It's not the direction I would've gone.
Eh, it's not like the poo poo they tried in reality was any more sane. The nazis did a lot of really absurd poo poo trying to create the war-winning piece of tech. Occult stuff is only a hop skip and a jump away from where they were at when they lost.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

gdq !!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i just beat MGS2 again and found out the original release doesnt give you a codename, just a password to enter into a now defunct konami website. Lame!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Eh, it's not like the poo poo they tried in reality was any more sane. The nazis did a lot of really absurd poo poo trying to create the war-winning piece of tech. Occult stuff is only a hop skip and a jump away from where they were at when they lost.

No that's fine, nazi sorcery and megatanks are a tried and true comic book trope, it's just really weird that the magic superscience that actually exists in the setting is secretly hoarded by jews and used by nazis to build an empire. Like not offensive, just a weird call. Like I guess it's supposed to be ironic because all their superiority is stolen from those they deem inferior, but it's also sorta tonedeaf.

And speaking of tonedeaf, boy did I get sick of BJ's whispering inner monologues.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

No that's fine, nazi sorcery and megatanks are a tried and true comic book trope, it's just really weird that the magic superscience that actually exists in the setting is secretly hoarded by jews and used by nazis to build an empire. Like not offensive, just a weird call. Like I guess it's supposed to be ironic because all their superiority is stolen from those they deem inferior, but it's also sorta tonedeaf.

And speaking of tonedeaf, boy did I get sick of BJ's whispering inner monologues.

The only thing keeping me from replaying Wolfenstein TNO is that goddamn segment with the underwater jet ski thing where you hear all about billy boy's americana home life while also doing slow slow slow infiltration with pretty much no shooting

edit: Also that part where you're at the resistance base and in your attempts to get a slab of concrete BJ falls through the floor or something dumb and you have to work your way through the sewers to get back

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There's a lot of neat stuff in TNO but there's also a lot of not neat at all stuff that slooooows the game down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

• Locked thread