Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Dr. Capco posted:

Putting black pepper on pizza instead of red flake like The Good Lord® intended :catstare:

when I was in college for a bit I used to once a week get their surprisingly good cheese pizza slice with a shitload of ground pepper and honey mustard sauce, and it's pretty good so I still do it now and then with extra stuff when I feel like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That sounds horrendous.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That sounds horrendous.

I'm gonna take your dollar dog and smash it on the sidewalk and let the crows eat it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Whatever brand of Artichoke dip they have at Costco is a must for summer BBQs.

Its insanely calorie dense IIRC.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anyone ever have those chocolate coconut almond ball things that are going to be on sale in a few days?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone ever have those chocolate coconut almond ball things that are going to be on sale in a few days?

I hope you are prepared to eat the entire bucket in the first two days

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Costco is good, Costco is life

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I love this thread!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Thinking about making a batch of fresh kielbasa so I'll probably be walking out of Costco with 20 lbs of pork this weekend. I will also be walking out with my refilled drink after finishing my Polish dog in the food court.

All things are possible through Costco, PBUC

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Thinking about making a batch of fresh kielbasa so I'll probably be walking out of Costco with 20 lbs of pork this weekend. I will also be walking out with my refilled drink after finishing my Polish dog in the food court.

All things are possible through Costco, PBUC

I'm so goddamn jealous right now

limpy wimpy
Jul 1, 2007
Brothers, I'm about to face one of the worst nightmares ever. I need to go to the 'sco on a Friday at 5 PM. I'm fully expecting Thurderdome in the parking lot. And feeling murderous rage as an rear end in a top hat leave his cart blocking the aisle while he tries to eat every sample at once.

limpy wimpy fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 30, 2017

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Went early this morning and got some Clear Care, San Pellegrinos, and organic beef jerky. Everything at least $4 off. What a store. What a life.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Actually Thursday is the worst because that's when the ads hit.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
Went tonight despite it being the Friday before the 4th. They had EVERY CHECKOUT OPEN! Grabbed the milk that mandated my visit, some kirkland sangria, spicy poke (the first time it has been in my NJ location), shrimp from the seafood festival, and a whole cheese pizza from the food court that Ihad been waiting for me because I called in my order from the parking lot. Of course, I scored a hotdog combo for the ride home.

God bless America
God bless costco!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Kirland Signature diapers are $8 off!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

limpy wimpy posted:

Brothers, I'm about to face one of the worst nightmares ever. I need to go to the 'sco on a Friday at 5 PM. I'm fully expecting Thurderdome in the parking lot. And feeling murderous rage as an rear end in a top hat leave his cart blocking the aisle while he tries to eat every sample at once.

This was posted 4 hours ago. RIP limpy wimpy

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

This was posted 4 hours ago. RIP limpy wimpy

The most honorable death.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

limpy wimpy posted:

5PM is actually not a bad time on any weekday, even on Fridays. The guard is changing- the old people are calling it a day and the commuters are on their way home.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

uh oh https://www.usatoday.com/pages/interactives/news/rigged-retail-giants-enable-trucker-exploitation/

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

hey guess what

costco has poo poo on its hands

maybe not as much as the next giant but it still benefits from an unfair hosed up system, congrats

:capitalism:

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Holy gently caress how have I gone 2 years not knowing there was a Chicago area business center and why is it so goddamn inconvenient to get to?

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I caught up on like 20 pages of this thread and immediately left to go to Costco to get a dog and do some 4th of July cookout shopping.

My Costco is new and about 10 minutes away from both work and home.

PBUC, brothers and sisters.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Soon there won't be any truckers anyway, the problem will correct itself.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Taima posted:

5PM is actually not a bad time on any weekday, even on Fridays. The guard is changing- the old people are calling it a day and the commuters are on their way home.

yeah, the Costco near my work is practically empty at 5:15 on every weekday i've gone

Meiji Hello Panda cookies are on sale, and half of the carton i bought easily filled up the Halloween candy bowl that i use to keep snacks in during the rest of the year

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Black August posted:

when I was in college for a bit I used to once a week get their surprisingly good cheese pizza slice with a shitload of ground pepper and honey mustard sauce, and it's pretty good so I still do it now and then with extra stuff when I feel like it

mods

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Madhouse at the co today, thankfully made it out alive. Got the dark chocolate toasted cashews, type 2 here I come.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Wasn't that bad here around 2:30. Got my 20 pounds of chicken to brine tomorrow in preparation for the 4th and had time to browse, grab a dozen croissants cause why not and of course get my dog.

Deli mustard, onions and relish.

limpy wimpy
Jul 1, 2007

Taima posted:

Oh it was loving thunderdome. Lets set a scene. This is Tucson. People here drive like loving retards no matter the weather, time of day, road conditions etc. This is the closest Costco to the Mexican border, so on your average day, a quarter of all plates in the lot are Sonoran plates. And 90% of them have no regard for silly things like traffic rules and such. Lets add a loving traffic circle at the entrance to Costco and put this fucker right off Interstate 10. Now, let's have all the samples out, and lets add 400 lb assholes walking 3 carts wide down aisles and then stopping for samples. That's what I endured just to get a loving rotisserie chicken. I would have got a dog and a soda, but the 63 people in line made that impossible. They just added tape down to show people that they should form a snake line to get the counter. gently caress that lets just get in one LONG 60+ person line and ignore the poor employee trying to herd you assholes into a semblance of order.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

limpy wimpy posted:

They just added tape down to show people that they should form a snake line to get the counter. gently caress that lets just get in one LONG 60+ person line and ignore the poor employee trying to herd you assholes into a semblance of order.

The tape is not that loving hard to get right but no one does it at my costco either. Not as bad a transgression as bringing your loving cart tho

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

At the 'co on the 3rd, this was a huge mistake even for our slow babby one. Death is certain and the lines stretch like the Namibian desert.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Wonder how many Kirkland dogs are gonna get devoured tomorrow...

I'm in Europe so please eat a dog for me. God bles.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Chinatown posted:

Wonder how many Kirkland dogs are gonna get devoured tomorrow...

I'm in Europe so please eat a dog for me. God bles.

Costco just opened its first store in France. https://www.esmmagazine.com/first-costco-france-opens/45174
Also have stores in Spain and England.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thinking about buying some COST stock its down a little bit

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My girlfriend didn't think Costco would have a comforter set.

Heh.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Harald posted:

Thinking about buying some COST stock its down a little bit

imo do it.

costco stock is p much going to keep going. constantly breaking membership and sales recs and cautiously opening more stores. its mostly down because of the amazon->wholefoods thing but i think that's going to peter out, probably not outright fail but WF was already on decline and bezo cash injection probably isn't going to change they're just flat our losing customers now that less people care about organic nongmo $10 juices and poo poo.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

imo do it.

costco stock is p much going to keep going. constantly breaking membership and sales recs and cautiously opening more stores. its mostly down because of the amazon->wholefoods thing but i think that's going to peter out, probably not outright fail but WF was already on decline and bezo cash injection probably isn't going to change they're just flat our losing customers now that less people care about organic nongmo $10 juices and poo poo.

yeah all the grocery stocks went down when that was announced and I just don't see it being justified

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Renewed my executive membership with my dividend check, this poo poo pays for itself.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FogHelmut posted:

Renewed my executive membership with my dividend check, this poo poo pays for itself.

I find that my checks basically make up the difference between getting an executive membership vs. getting a basic membership every year, so I stick with the executive.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

lol extremely good