Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is there anything New and Cool and Good?

Ideally not Kongregate because I'm at work :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i tried the magikarp game for maybe half an hour but the animations were all too long and seemingly unskippable.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The newest update definitely added some QoL upgrades in regards to cutscenes and dialogues. I don't know if they're immediately available or only after the first time they happen, but it's a proper incremental game.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm not sure why I'm okay with the researches that require you to "Cast X spell a bunch of times" but not okay with "Play 2 days as evil this R". At the moment, in order to get that in one reincarnation, I basically just have to.......not play the game. Or even have it open.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Color Printer posted:

I'm not sure why I'm okay with the researches that require you to "Cast X spell a bunch of times" but not okay with "Play 2 days as evil this R". At the moment, in order to get that in one reincarnation, I basically just have to.......not play the game. Or even have it open.

The purely time-gated ones loving suck, you're not wrong

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What build did you use to buy the 3rd stage Dragon unlock upgrade (Play as fairies with 3500 assistants)

I easily get enough assistants (4600) and faction coins but i am nowhere near enough coins. I have e66 coins but the upgrade needs e70.

I am using the build in the megathread on kongregate:

Fairy/Dwarf - Dragon Unlock
Bloodline: Druid
S180,S330,S400,S500,S545,S590,
C10,C80,C330,C340,C400,C150,C405,
D55,D200,D250,D290,D320,
E50,E135,E145,E330,E400,
A105,A120,A150,A250,A400,
W150,W180,W250,W290,W400

I have e30 gems; i realize the guide say to get e31 but the Titans Production build stagnates hard at e30. I have the neutral spells at tier 3 Even with e31 gems i would only be at around e67 coins instead of e66; nowhere near the required e70

Titans Production
S105,S135,S150,S330,S500,
C150,C251,C330,C340,C375,C400,
D55,D245,D290,D320,D350,
E135,E145,E275,E330,E400,
A105,A120,A250,A330,A400,
W150,W180,W290,W320,W330,W400

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Color Printer posted:

Just wait until you have to start unlocking spell tiers!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Is the Drow spell cast requirement "10,000 total spells cast" across all games? If so, is there anywhere I can actually view that figure? I can see my spells cast this game hovering over the 'Cast X spells in a single game' trophy, but not total since I started playing. It'd be neat to know how far short I am to unlocking them.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
The information tab (the blue i) has stats for your current game as well as overall.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

ungulateman posted:

The information tab (the blue i) has stats for your current game as well as overall.

Oh gently caress yes, thank you goon sir!

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

What build did you use to buy the 3rd stage Dragon unlock upgrade (Play as fairies with 3500 assistants)

I'd still try for e31 if possible. For the titan production build, once you get going in a run (all spell tiers bought that you're gonna buy) hover over S305 and see if it beats S135 (or S250, see below), S150, or S330 in the same circumstances; if so, abdicate and swap it out for whichever of those three is weakest.

D55 scales with number of spells cast so your runs will speed up from it the longer they go. If you're going for a long run, also swap A330 with A150 and S135 with S250.

There's several researches in there which scale off artifacts found, so hopefully you've found most or all of the ones available at your R by now.

W290 and W320 both scale off excavations used this R, so while you don't need to max those out, make sure you've used a reasonable chunk of them, and make especially sure they're not at zero.

If your S400 is bigger than your S500 use that instead. There are builds for raising S400.

Generally speaking, check out the builds near the start of http://www.kongregate.com/forums/8945-realm-grinder/topics/830743-r40-75-builds-megathread - there's also one for the fairy section of dragon unlock which is a little different from the one you posted.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
If anybody is looking for a dumb cell phone clicker Tap TItans 2 is getting another big patch in the next week and our goon Clan is still active. Our Clan damage bonus is ridiculously huge and I just updated the op with a bunch of new player tips.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
R64 and things are really starting to slow down again. Anything I should be doing while waiting for my moneys to slowly creep upward?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

R64 and things are really starting to slow down again. Anything I should be doing while waiting for my moneys to slowly creep upward?

You've done all the dragon challenges and have leveled undead lineage to 5 for its enormous pile of assistants, right? If you've knocked out both those things you should have smooth (fast, actually) sailing until the low R70s, at which point you'll probably want either undead lineage to 15 or tier 6 spells to push to R75 and merc research.

If you don't yet have tier 5/6 spells on faceless, you'll probably want to get those.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Vil posted:

You've done all the dragon challenges and have leveled undead lineage to 5 for its enormous pile of assistants, right? If you've knocked out both those things you should have smooth (fast, actually) sailing until the low R70s, at which point you'll probably want either undead lineage to 15 or tier 6 spells to push to R75 and merc research.

If you don't yet have tier 5/6 spells on faceless, you'll probably want to get those.

I don't have spell tier 5 on anything so I'm working up to that, but yeah I got undead 5.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

You definitely need Dragon’s Breath Tier 5 for when you finish all the Dragon Challenges.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Vil posted:

Realm Grinder

Thanks

I have those researches, i guess i pasted the wrong build.

I decided to grind out 2e31 gems on Titans and am back on Fairy/Dwarf now. Guess i'll just have to leave it until e70 coins.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The demon lineage challenge is unimaginative and annoying. 10 days uptime on HB this game.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I lost my Gift of the Heroes bonus at some point in the last few days. Opened up a ticket with Kongregate support, any change I'll hear back from them? This is supposed to be a permanent bonus, right?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

explosivo posted:

I lost my Gift of the Heroes bonus at some point in the last few days. Opened up a ticket with Kongregate support, any change I'll hear back from them? This is supposed to be a permanent bonus, right?

Kong support was quite responsive the one time I had to deal with them

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

explosivo posted:

It could still be that your Kong account has it, but your browser is no longer able to confirm that your Kong account has it. Check for notifications of Flash being blocked. RG's been very pesky to get it to load properly since the latest Chrome update.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

They resolved it for me by restoring the purchase. I exclusively play on Android so I don't think there would have been any account shenanigans going on.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Does anyone have a convenient auto-clicker script for autohotkey? I know one had been posted in this thread in the past, but a quick skim of the thread and a half-assed google search turned up nada.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So with this Lightning Forge merc build.. am I supposed to be finishing all the upgrades before I start the lightning strikes? I've been reading up on it but nothing really says definitively. I'm mostly confused as to how I'll have enough mana left over after the lightning strikes the Blacksmith to do a bunch of TC's.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lightning Forge sucks because the idea is that you set it all up, then export your save into a web page that examines your random seeds to tell you when it'll hit the blacksmith. Then you either abdicate if it's too far away, or cast until it's going to hit the blacksmith, save up all your mana, do the blacksmith strike and dump everything else on TCs and continue casting them until the strike ends. Then you abdicate and do it again.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ghostlight posted:

Lightning Forge sucks because the idea is that you set it all up, then export your save into a web page that examines your random seeds to tell you when it'll hit the blacksmith. Then you either abdicate if it's too far away, or cast until it's going to hit the blacksmith, save up all your mana, do the blacksmith strike and dump everything else on TCs and continue casting them until the strike ends. Then you abdicate and do it again.

Oh, christ, is that what this Realm Weather Service thing is? :geno:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

explosivo posted:

Oh, christ, is that what this Realm Weather Service thing is? :geno:

Yes

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Ghostlight posted:

Alternately, you save up your mana, hit Lightning Strike, see if it hit the Blacksmith, and if it did combo off. Otherwise save up mana and Lightning Strike again.

A little frustrating to play.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
If you really hate the Lightning Forge build because waiting for lightning strikes sucks a bunch, I had pretty decent luck with the Elven Farms build instead.

For low coin values (1dc to 100qid):
code:
EL3,EL7,GB1,TT6,TT9,DD1,DD4,DD5,DD9,FC4,DN3,DN7,SP:Grand Balance,SP:Fairy Chanting
For higher coin values (100qid and up)
code:
EL7,GB1,TT3,TT6,TT9,DD1,DD4,DD5,DD9,FC4,DN3,DN7,SP:Fairy Chanting,SP:Grand Balance
This build requires a little bit of upgrade management; you want to make sure that your farms are always the lowest-producing item, which means you need to keep farms an upgrade behind everything else. You can autocast it by putting Fairy Chanting on silver, and everything else on gold. The idea behind the build is that you cast Grand Balance, which targets Farms (since you kept your farms as the lowest-producing building). Now you cast Fairy Chanting, which massively buffs the production of Farms, Inns, and Smiths; the two buffs stack in a very nice way. Run that cycle a couple times, and then abdicate and start over. It doesn't produce as much as Lightning Smith when you get lucky, but it's more steady.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Randalor posted:

Does anyone have a convenient auto-clicker script for autohotkey? I know one had been posted in this thread in the past, but a quick skim of the thread and a half-assed google search turned up nada.

code:
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 4
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
$^d:: 
   While ( GetKeyState( "d","P" ) ) { 
      Click
      Sleep, 10
   } 
Return

toggle = 0

$!^d:: 
    Toggle := !Toggle
     While Toggle{
        Click
        sleep 10
    }
return
No idea if the poo poo at the top is needed. ctrl-d is hold for clicks, ctrl-alt-d toggles clicks

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Coca Koala posted:

If you really hate the Lightning Forge build because waiting for lightning strikes sucks a bunch, I had pretty decent luck with the Elven Farms build instead.

For low coin values (1dc to 100qid):
code:
EL3,EL7,GB1,TT6,TT9,DD1,DD4,DD5,DD9,FC4,DN3,DN7,SP:Grand Balance,SP:Fairy Chanting
For higher coin values (100qid and up)
code:
EL7,GB1,TT3,TT6,TT9,DD1,DD4,DD5,DD9,FC4,DN3,DN7,SP:Fairy Chanting,SP:Grand Balance
This build requires a little bit of upgrade management; you want to make sure that your farms are always the lowest-producing item, which means you need to keep farms an upgrade behind everything else. You can autocast it by putting Fairy Chanting on silver, and everything else on gold. The idea behind the build is that you cast Grand Balance, which targets Farms (since you kept your farms as the lowest-producing building). Now you cast Fairy Chanting, which massively buffs the production of Farms, Inns, and Smiths; the two buffs stack in a very nice way. Run that cycle a couple times, and then abdicate and start over. It doesn't produce as much as Lightning Smith when you get lucky, but it's more steady.

When I was using this it ended up being a lot more powerful than the forges, but I don't know if something changed. You do have to be able to afford a certain level of upgrades for it to work, I think it's 2000 building upgrade for everything but farm

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I've been using the Moonshine build almost exclusively, since it's like Lightning Forge but doesn't rely on RNG. It's not as good of course, but certainly close.

code:
FR3,FR4,GB1,TT1,TT6,TT9,DD1,DD4,DD5,DD9,DN7,DN8,SP:Moon Blessing,SP:Fairy Chanting

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Merijn posted:

I've been using the Moonshine build almost exclusively, since it's like Lightning Forge but doesn't rely on RNG. It's not as good of course, but certainly close.

code:
FR3,FR4,GB1,TT1,TT6,TT9,DD1,DD4,DD5,DD9,DN7,DN8,SP:Moon Blessing,SP:Fairy Chanting

Is that actually better than Diamond Forge though? I think I've posted a while ago in this thread about how it performs terribly compared to DF.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I played that over the mercs hump because LF was too much work, it's slower but gets the job done.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

GrossMurpel posted:

Is that actually better than Diamond Forge though? I think I've posted a while ago in this thread about how it performs terribly compared to DF.

In my experience, it's faster. But it could be better in the long run - I'm very impatient. :v:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
So, uh, does anyone have a save for Sharkgame, by any chance?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Realm Grinder questions: I just unlocked Dwarves, how do I play as them? They don't seem to show up either as good or as neutral factions to align with. Also: What's the best way to get to 10k spells cast for Drow?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

botany posted:

Realm Grinder questions: I just unlocked Dwarves, how do I play as them? They don't seem to show up either as good or as neutral factions to align with. Also: What's the best way to get to 10k spells cast for Drow?

Dwarves (and Drow) are what are called Prestige Factions, and they get bolted onto an existing good (for Dwarves) or evil (for Drow) faction, so like Fairies/Dwarves, or Goblin/Drow.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

botany posted:

Dorfs should show up for good factions in the same manner as your already-unlocked Drow do for evil, as a second group after you've chosen one, so I don't know why they're not around. e; wait I misremembered what the 10k requirement is for, you've NOT already unlocked Drow, :hurr:

I got the 10k spells by rolling Angels, getting all their upgrades, and just leaving the thing running in the background with Tax Collection set to autocast overnight. By morning I had over 20k casts and had also unlocked the second Autocasting trophy.

Nub question of my own: After unlocking the faction alliances and heritages, do faction coins have any other purpose in a run outside of Royal Exchanges? I just pump them all into that once I have whatever else I need but I don't want to be missing something obvious elsewhere.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Mister Adequate posted:

Nub question of my own: After unlocking the faction alliances and heritages, do faction coins have any other purpose in a run outside of Royal Exchanges? I just pump them all into that once I have whatever else I need but I don't want to be missing something obvious elsewhere.

Eventually they'll be used in unlocking researches but that won't be a thing until Reincarnation 16. Dump them into Royal Exchanges once you've got your heritages.