Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/881208175071944706

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Korean battops work better for Tekken but idk of any place that sells them default with a stick

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

there was the korean stick that madcatz made with a SE shell.that they were selling at dirt cheap prices when no one bought em

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I use a Hori Fighting commander pad and I would recommend it if you aren't married to getting a stick.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Dracula Factory posted:

I use a Hori Fighting commander pad and I would recommend it if you aren't married to getting a stick.

i have one too

its good

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

ChocNitty posted:

Any good fight sticks under $100 for PS4 to be used with the new Tekken?

Scouring ebay/craigslist for PS3 HRAPs.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Dracula Factory posted:

I use this also

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Dracula Factory posted:

Does having multiple sticks count as polyamory

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Flinger posted:

Does having multiple sticks count as polyamory

mormon fgc

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
I'd say pony up the extra bit and get an HRAP, mine has easily paid itself off in the level of enjoyment I get out of it.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

dragon enthusiast posted:

Korean battops work better for Tekken but idk of any place that sells them default with a stick

The razer stick comes with a bat top but the stick costs 200.

Speaking of that stick I've noticed some weird ghosting of directional inputs but only in Tekken. Maybe it's the input delay and my ham fists or something

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Hell yes, more UNIEL! Hopefully more people will pick it up this time.

Also, the Vita still lives. Love this little anime machine with a surprising amount of good fighting games on it

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

The cheapest I can think of that's still good is the hrap 4. Now it's gonna run you a smudge more than 100 USD however. Under 100 I am just not sure without just getting into garbage sticks.

That said not sure of your situation but the dualshock 4 stock ps4 pad is great for tekken 7 as well, I prefer using pad over stick for t7.

I bought a Quanba Drone for 80. Dunno if that was just a sale or clearance price though. Its solid but had no mic port or touchpad buttons. Its also small, like the same size as the old Madcatz SE sticks (Which I also have so I got used to the small size quickly). It's good for what it is, but not top quality.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Vita version of Ys Origin has terrible frame rate drops whenever there's a fire effect on screen thank you DotEmu

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Poor KOF. I'll still play KOF XIV whenever...

...but i'm also that scumbag that plays a lot of KOF99 and think it's the best so i've probably got a skewed perspective.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

eTokki does on their Omni, and those are the ones I've seen Korean Tekken players using, but they're $200 plus shipping from Korea.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Here's my latest controversial opinion: KOF 98 is cool but all the best characters were introduced after it. 02 has a really good cast and if it just had Shen Woo it'd be perfect.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I'll join you in the statement making by saying that KOF14 is unbelievably better than every other kof besides 98, while having a way better roster than that game.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

In Training posted:

The Vita version of Ys Origin has terrible frame rate drops whenever there's a fire effect on screen thank you DotEmu

Speaking of DotEmu, how bad did they screw up Windjammers?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Reiley posted:

Here's my latest controversial opinion: KOF 98 is cool but all the best characters were introduced after it. 02 has a really good cast and if it just had Shen Woo it'd be perfect.

02's biggest problem are how insanely strict the combo timing is. If they'd make it more lenient it would be by far the best in series.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lord Chumley posted:

Theve been working for like a year on it already with no release date so its probably on fire

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

https://arcadeshock.com/products/sanwa-denshi-lb-30n-cw-clear-bat-top

Works with basically any stick, $6. Has served me very well

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

CaptCommy posted:

https://arcadeshock.com/products/sanwa-denshi-lb-30n-cw-clear-bat-top

Works with basically any stick, $6. Has served me very well

thats not a korean battop (lever)

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

The bat top isn't actually the important part, it's just traditional on Korean sticks. Internally, they have a different way of putting tension on the stick to return it to center, using a rubber grommet instead of a spring. It changes the feel as well as how the stick acts when you just let go.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah its like pushing against very stiff rubber

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Lord Chumley posted:

The beta had a lot of work done on the menus but laggy, delay-based netcode.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Reiley posted:

Counterpoint: If 98 had the K' crew, Vanessa and some Real Bout holdovers to boost the roster up to 02's size it'd be the perfect KOF game.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

I played dragon ball fighterz at anime expo this weekend and it was really loving fun and cool. Looks even better in person on some good screens - got to play twice and it made me even more amped for this game than I was at announcement. It's really good!!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Kof 98 has the American Sports Team. How is this even an argument?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

algebra testes posted:

Kof 98 has the American Sports Team. How is this even an argument?

It also had Thirsty Yahsiro

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Reiley posted:

Not saying there aren't dope characters post 98, but you've already got Orochi Team, New Faces Team, American Sports Team, and Yamazaki.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
All i can remember about post 98 kof is that boss from 2000 or 2001 that hit you with a move that hit so many times in 1 animation it crushed your guard.

gently caress that guy. Or maybe I just bad at kof.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Shower thought:

quote:

The fgc is an anime. We got heroes, villians, trap waifus. And we all gather to play virtual fighting simulators to prove who is the strongest.

Probably been said before, but the fgc is anime as gently caress and still people want to say they won't play anime fighting games.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Literally everyone is gonna play DBZF and then the FGC will ascend to full anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime is good

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
this smash meme got dudes legit shook

https://twitter.com/pat7286/status/882292184757800961/photo/1

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
"Guessies"?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its called a joke, or as its known in the smash community, a gaggy

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Guessies are real and they are powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right