Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
https://twitter.com/PersianRose1/status/881330662321655808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's hot.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

He died how he lived.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

BrandorKP posted:

He died how he lived.

Erupting

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

BrandorKP posted:

He died how he lived.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

What if you j/o on train sets?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

dialhforhero posted:

Horny and Autistic?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

dialhforhero posted:

Call it Amtrak cuz you get off after a few seconds?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Why'd they use a bad photoshop?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Putting a masturbating man in Pompeii made me take a look at what is actually happening

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Who What Now posted:

What's the original look like?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Can someone please explain to me, a person who has never seen or heard Amy Schumer outside of the times in which she's completely derailed this thread and others, what the loving deal is? Why does this random comedian in particular cause so much misogyny and derailing? If this image is a photoshop (which I doubt, since this version is present on IMDB), where's the original? Why does anyone give a loving poo poo?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DontMockMySmock posted:

Can someone please explain to me, a person who has never seen or heard Amy Schumer outside of the times in which she's completely derailed this thread and others, what the loving deal is? Why does this random comedian in particular cause so much misogyny and derailing? If this image is a photoshop (which I doubt, since this version is present on IMDB), where's the original? Why does anyone give a loving poo poo?

Amy Schumer is a comedian. Some people like her, some people don't. She's been accused of stealing jokes. She became famous around the same time as Meghan Trainor, as part of a media conspiracy to try to make shapeless white girls into sex symbols.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Shes a mediocre comedian who's stolen a lot of jokes not unlike carlos mencia a few years ago.

Misogyny certainly plays a part but she is pretty bad imo.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

RagnarokAngel posted:

Shes a mediocre comedian who's stolen a lot of jokes not unlike carlos mencia a few years ago.

Misogyny certainly plays a part but she is pretty bad imo.

Want mencia at least 10 years ago?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

RFC2324 posted:

Want mencia at least 10 years ago?

I probably could have picked a more contemporary example but hes the first who came to mind. gently caress i feel old.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Every 5 years the bandwagon settles on a Comedian They Don't Like. Carlos Mencia -> Dane Cook -> Amy Schumer -> ??

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

That's not photoshopped, it's literally one of the pics off her IMDB page.

"Bad photoshop" :lol:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

And Tyler Too! posted:

Every 5 years the bandwagon settles on a Comedian They Don't Like. Carlos Mencia -> Dane Cook -> Amy Schumer -> ??

I feel like I hated Dane Cook before hearing of Mencia, but you forgot the rear end in a top hat with the racist puppets.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

But is that his bedroom or his bathroom?

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

yeah and sarah silverman sucks too rite?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

im pooping! posted:

i didnt see a serious answer to this, its because games workshop will sue the government and win

Didn't they lose badly when they tried to claim they owned the term "space marine"?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Tiggum posted:

Didn't they lose badly when they tried to claim they owned the term "space marine"?

Yes.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dungeon Ecology posted:

yeah and sarah silverman sucks too rite?

I haven't seen her standup, but I thought the Sarah Silverman Show was pretty funny

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Every comedian steals jokes, if you think otherwise you are very silly. Robin fuckin' Williams was one of the most notorious of them all.

Unrelated:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Can we get some unflattering photos of Daniel Tosh amended to his IMDB page or is that privelege only extended to women

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Hjalmar posted:

Can we get some unflattering photos of Daniel Tosh amended to his IMDB page or is that privelege only extended to women

Not sure if this baseball player has an IMDB page but making fun of men is a thing too

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

That's not a man, it's one of those parasites that feeds off the POTUS's neck fungus.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Bogan King posted:

Not sure if this baseball player has an IMDB page but making fun of men is a thing too

This picture makes my head hurt. Why is the governor of new jersey wearing an new york police department baseball uniform?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

This picture makes my head hurt. Why is the governor of new jersey wearing an new york police department baseball uniform?

9/11

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

That god drat watch

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

People claim its a watch, but personally I prefer to think it painted on or possibly a tattoo, since it being real is just too gross and tacky to consider. Not unlike Sad Donald himself, come to think of it.

We truly live in the worst timeline.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

DontMockMySmock posted:

Lots of people took issue with her before for various reasons, but it seemed to get turned up to 11 when she made a statement about reasonable gun control after the theater shooting at her Trainwreck movie. She's also apparently related to Chuck Schumer.

I hadn't heard about her joke stealing. Does anyone have examples? I know this can range pretty heavily. If it's just that a comedian makes the same generic and/or obvious joke that someone else does, then whatever. It can also be easy to accidentally incorporate someone else's material into your own just from how the brain puts things together. I once wrote a story that used a throwaway joke I thought was original but later found out I had heard it in a movie years earlier. On the other hand, something like http://www.pattonoswalt.com/index.cfm?page=spew&id=144 would be much worse since it's clearly intentional and pronounced. gently caress people who steal.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tiggum posted:

They lost so badly they lost several other trademarks too. (Because they mishandled the case by unnecessarily bringing those trademarks up.)

This is why everything they do now has a new, weird-rear end name, they want to be sure they can trademark it. So skeletons are now "deathrattlers".

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

HPanda posted:

it seemed to get turned up to 11 when she made a statement about reasonable gun control after the theater shooting at her Trainwreck movie.

The movie was called "Trainwreck" just in case you were coming to a conclusion here.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

HPanda posted:

I hadn't heard about her joke stealing. Does anyone have any examples?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eDxjxVl8S0

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Hmm, went about halfway through before getting bored. While some of those were reaching pretty heavily, and I was initially gonna give a partial pass on the "Inside Amy Schumer" stuff since there were other writers, yeah, a bunch of that material was clearly stolen. It gets especially bad starting with the Trainwreck joke stolen from Tosh and seems to get more blatant from there (with occasional reaches like "haha, women's underwear is gross" which is just a pretty generic shared joke fodder).

drat, been dealing with plagiarism all weekend from students. Sucks to see it from someone I enjoyed.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

It's cool to get angry about people I do it all the time and I'm super cool check out my friends list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

fittest president ever

Looks like one of Johnny Depp's actors already got to him a few weeks ago and spite and malice have kept him going