Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Venomous posted:

No, Sami Zayn was Big Larry, you numpty. El Generico was El Generico.

I refuse to push this fiction any further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
VINCE MCMAHON WAS DANIEL'S FATHER! AH HAVE HEPATITIS!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Venomous posted:

No, Sami Zayn was Big Larry, you numpty. El Generico was El Generico.

No, Sami Zayn was El Generico a non Mexican who decided it would be funny to steal from another culture.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kevin Owens was El Generico's best friend and he says that El Generico went to Mexico to run an orphanage and then he died. Then Kevin Owens laughed.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sounds legit

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Don't worry, one day one of those orphans will take up El Generico's mask and wrestle as El Generico 2 in true lucha tradition!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

in true lucha tradition!

They get the gimmick really over and then the company steals it and tries to blacklist them out of the business?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Don't worry, one day one of those orphans will take up El Generico's mask and wrestle as El Generico 2 in true lucha tradition!

Personally I can't wait for Armor Generico.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

HulkaMatt posted:

Literally 3 weeks before:

By the way, I'm set to post the 2017 version of this on July 4th or 5th. So get ready for that.

Does anyone have more of these archived, this fuckin owns

Matt Striker beat Hulk Hogan lol. It's also weird to think that Bryan Danielson, CM Punk and Samoa Joe were beaten by Chris Benoit

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I hope it's Owen Owens, out to get revenge on his absent father.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I remember being offline the whole day and turning on RAW late and seeing the Royal Rumble match being replayed and being like "Whats this about?"

Then I saw the tiny picture of Benoit's family in the corner and was like "Oh poo poo"

And then Paradol Ex saved it with that post

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Reading the original thread is so weird as someone who didn't watch wrestling at the time. Especially the early pages where I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and everyone realizing that Benoit was a murderer.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Remember how we had that theory that being Undertaker's opponent in Smackdown vs. Raw was a death sentence after Eddie and Benoit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utr8qLByzCI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjvNTT87OCk

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 27, 2017

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
lol

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Reading that thread is a hoot

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Mob posted:

Reading that thread is a hoot

I forgot about the "is this a work???" part

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Just isolate Paradol Ex's posts and watch him go through all the stages of grief

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

bradzilla posted:

Does anyone have more of these archived, this fuckin owns

Matt Striker beat Hulk Hogan lol. It's also weird to think that Bryan Danielson, CM Punk and Samoa Joe were beaten by Chris Benoit

2009:
2011:
2013: (Bryan vs Okada was finals I believe, Bryan won)
2015:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
poo poo that's a good logo

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I would like to say that Sir William Black was also robbed.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Tyler Breeze & Shibata as well as Trevor Lee & Randy Orton tied in the first round in 2015 lol

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Blasphemous that Negro Casas lost to Tana-whoever

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Really hope we don't get a fat jobber this time around.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Really hope we don't get a fat jobber this time around.

That's a mean thing to say about Kevin Owens.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

That's a mean thing to say about Kevin Owens.

:thejoke:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

I would like to say that Sir William Black was also robbed.

Really sad he never got training, he was way too good for a guy at a playground

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
How amazing is it that Chris Benoit is no longer the most disgraceful part of Wrestlemania 23?

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
what was your favorite chris benoit moment? here are some of my favorite moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-l7gKCSQ0A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuCAQXrYiXc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J20k0cmkCPg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXF-wYK1HuQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN5Uk4WZ5h8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3BQE5rQxUk

Cubone
May 26, 2011

... why?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i can't believe the ric flair one was scrubbed from youtube

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i would love to know what would happen if some production guy hated his job enough to just randomly play benoit's music during a segment

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

i would love to know what would happen if some production guy hated his job enough to just randomly play benoit's music during a segment

he would be fired?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

he would be fired?
i meant what would the crowd reaction be/if they'd hastily cut the feed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Endorph posted:

i meant what would the crowd reaction be/if they'd hastily cut the feed

Confusion and minor agitation, as well as a significant number of people saying,"Whose music was that?"

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i get the confusion since el generico was kevin owens best friend that he betrayed, and then sami zayn was also his best friend that he betrayed. but check this: WHY would Sami Zayn be so trusting of Kevin Owens on the night of Zayn's NXT title victory? Easy, because he didn't even know about El Generico, much less be El Generico.

Y'all probably think Sami Zayn and Chris Jericho are the same person too

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Generico was cool + good, while Zayn is a nerd loser. I'm not sure how there could be any confusion at all.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

i get the confusion since el generico was kevin owens best friend that he betrayed, and then sami zayn was also his best friend that he betrayed. but check this: WHY would Sami Zayn be so trusting of Kevin Owens on the night of Zayn's NXT title victory? Easy, because he didn't even know about El Generico, much less be El Generico.

Y'all probably think Sami Zayn and Chris Jericho are the same person too

el generico ended his indie run reunited with kevin steen as friends once more

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

oatgan posted:

and then no one ever saw him again

makes you think

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Man, people REALLY wanted Nancy to be guilty of something. Whole bunch of posts accusing her of killing Daniel and then Chris killing her in revenge. Then as the timeline becomes clear that Nancy died first, more posts suggesting that she could have poisoned the kid, which ended up killing him. People continue Just Asking Questions about her long after the news is fairly unambiguous that Chris Benoit killed his family, then himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oatgan posted:

el generico can't even speak English! and Sami Zayn doesn't speak with a Spanish accent!

this entire argument is ridiculous and i must insist you stop trolling

• Locked thread