Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yo is there something i'm missing about xander because i'm leveling one now and he is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

yo is there something i'm missing about xander because i'm leveling one now and he is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass

Yes and it's probably Siegfried

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I could have done so much better in this if I didn't sleep through bonus rounds. Like the first round I was ranked 20 in Mist's army and almost in the top 1000 overall because I used flags in nearly every bonus round except for the final one where I'd run out. For Priscilla I was sleeping in the early parts where the thing was shaping up and there were like one or two the whole rest of the thing, then when she was up against Elise I was awake for the early parts and slept through this morning's back and forth bonuses so I missed out on the more weighty bonuses. Ah well. At least I got enough feathers to 5* someone and I pulled a YTiki on the summer banner.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

The White Dragon posted:

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yes and it's probably Siegfried

It's Siegfried. Xander is extremely okay without it, but is a powerhouse with it.

Also, is a +atk Priscilla comparable to Elise? I just got a pull with 4 colorless and got 2 Azamas, a Gaius, and a Setsuna, so I feel a little deflated. And I have this Priscilla just chilling in my horse emblem team already...

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 3, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Quick Riposte also makes levelling slow bulky guys much less painful.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Judging from this new banner, looks like Alm/Fae/Mae/Boey are going to be the bonus units for the next Tempest Trials.

Edit: I'm dumb and didn't read the announcement. Also, apparently Tobin is the unit reward for this Trial.

Retcon fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jul 3, 2017

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Nice, I get to just use my Maeblade team without any sacrifices. That'll make TT a lot easier.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Guess I'll have to do without a 40% bonus unit this time. I do have Sharena at 5*, so I should still be able to get most of the rewards.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Retcon posted:

Judging from this new banner, looks like Alm/Fae/Mae/Boey are going to be the bonus units for the next Tempest Trials.

Edit: I'm dumb and didn't read the announcement. Also, apparently Tobin is the unit reward for this Trial.

What a boring reward. I'd grind if it were Gray, but Tobin......

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is there no orb rewards for this round of voting?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What a boring reward. I'd grind if it were Gray, but Tobin......

never count Tobin out.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I have gotten so many Ninos rolling for Summer Tiki that I should have kept her as a 4* and just merged all of them instead of spending 20,000 feathers on one promotion. Oh well.

I'm happy that Mae is one of the bonus units for the new tempest. She is an absolute beast, and I have been meaning to finish her build for a while now. The only problem is that this means I'm not going to use Reinhardt on my starting team, and the grind is going to be much more painful.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

At least my garbage -SPD Alm will get some use

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Ugh, lame.

The only echoes characters I got are Clair/Lukas

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Andrast posted:

At least my garbage -SPD Alm will get some use

I'm just impressed that you didn't feed him to someone else for that TA3. My Alm didn't last the hour.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Snipee posted:

I'm just impressed that you didn't feed him to someone else for that TA3. My Alm didn't last the hour.

That's Roy, not Alm. Alm has no valuable skills.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Andrast posted:

That's Roy, not Alm. Alm has no valuable skills.

Whoops. You are right. Ryoma was one of my first pulls, and every other infantry sword user is just "generic red melee bench warmer".

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It seems like tempest will be waaay easier now that enemies die after respawning.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Wait so they won't just have a portion of their health gone when you send the next team in?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
My only 40% bonus unit is a level one 4* boey I recently pulled... *sigh* guess i'll make an expendable team with him in it in order to benefit from the bonus I guess. Probably better than nothing.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Good thing I've still got a 5* Boey kicking around. His lack of appealing heritable skills has saved his bacon and paid off!

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jul 3, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mae is the best unit of the bunch, but she's blue which every other super unit is.

At least I finally have a rein this time.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Retcon posted:

Guess I'll have to do without a 40% bonus unit this time. I do have Sharena at 5*, so I should still be able to get most of the rewards.

I'm in the same boat. I have none of the Echoes characters at all. I would try pulling on their banner if Celica was in it instead of Alm.

Alm is just another generic swordlord, and they're a dime a dozen. Celica would be useful either to use... or to have Xander eat for Distant Defense.

Looking forward to doing the Tempests with the changes they've made. Should be a lot less aggravating.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm in the same boat. I have none of the Echoes characters at all. I would try pulling on their banner if Celica was in it instead of Alm.

Alm is just another generic swordlord, and they're a dime a dozen. Celica would be useful either to use... or to have Xander eat for Distant Defense.

Looking forward to doing the Tempests with the changes they've made. Should be a lot less aggravating.

If they combine it with the losing health, it'll be great

it'll be even better if we start off prize wise where we finished last time because I was 10k off the loving second seal

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

tithin posted:

If they combine it with the losing health, it'll be great

it'll be even better if we start off prize wise where we finished last time because I was 10k off the loving second seal

They are combining it with the losing health.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Anyone have any ideas on how I could take on Infernal Clarisse?

Just reccomend any strategies you have that work, hopefully somewhere in my roster I have the needed units. Major lynchpin units that I can think of that I have are Ike, Camus, Xander, Eirika, Nino, Azura, Hector and Triangle Adept M!Robin. I have an assortment of others of course, but those are all of the uncommon ones I could think of.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

Anyone have any ideas on how I could take on Infernal Clarisse?

Just reccomend any strategies you have that work, hopefully somewhere in my roster I have the needed units. Major lynchpin units that I can think of that I have are Ike, Camus, Xander, Eirika, Nino, Azura, Hector and Triangle Adept M!Robin. I have an assortment of others of course, but those are all of the uncommon ones I could think of.

Position Xander on that Fort just above the breakable tile and you damage most of the surrounding units and kill the green cavalier. You could stick bowbreaker on TA Robin and go from there too.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Position Xander on that Fort just above the breakable tile and you damage most of the surrounding units and kill the green cavalier. You could stick bowbreaker on TA Robin and go from there too.

Alright, so I can do that, but I'm unsure where to go from having Xander do that... What team comp do you think I should have with him?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

Alright, so I can do that, but I'm unsure where to go from having Xander do that... What team comp do you think I should have with him?

Get him out of there and Nino, Azura, and RobinM should be able to clean up the other units.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Get him out of there and Nino, Azura, and RobinM should be able to clean up the other units.

Unfortunately, I can't quite seem to figure out how to win with this team after getting out from the fort, I guess I need babby handholding steps. Nino is +ATK -SPD and has fury if that's relevant.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

Unfortunately, I can't quite seem to figure out how to win with this team after getting out from the fort, I guess I need babby handholding steps. Nino is +ATK -SPD and has fury if that's relevant.

If you really need it you could take screenshots of the map after the initial placement of Xander on the fort, PM it to me and I'll try to set up the next move.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Looks like I'm going back down to tier 16. This is the only week I've really struggled with the arena, but I've never really gotten over 4300 as far as score goes.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Stephen9001 posted:

Use Azura, Nino, and M. Robin. If you're going to bait the green mounted mage with Xander, make sure he has a hone attack buff to secure the kill on the mage and severely wound the thief. Taking down the mage and the thief opens up a lot breathing room for the rest of the team.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Sunning posted:

Use Azura, Nino, and M. Robin. If you're going to bait the green mounted mage with Xander, make sure he has a hone attack buff to secure the kill on the mage and severely wound the thief. Taking down the mage and the thief opens up a lot breathing room for the rest of the team.

Thing is, I can do that, I just don't know where to go from there.

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out, key was having robin attack Clarisse from below, not diagonally.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 3, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

Thing is, I can do that, I just don't know where to go from there.

Can Robin kill Clarisse from the South?

E: And can Nino kill Clarisse and the sword horse? Does the Ninja do damage to Xander on the Fort?

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 3, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What if i dont have xander

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Use a different team? It's really difficult to tell someone how to solve these maps since there are a billion units and even more options for skill inheritance.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tae posted:

Post who you do have then, or spend an hour and a half to get him to 5?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Anyway, with that done, I can now upgrade that +Spd -Hp Nino I had to replace my +ATK -SPD one

Here's the result!

The +SPD from the merge was just icing on the cake, now with Eirika buffs she'll have 47 speed, which should be enough to double almost anything (except green tomebreaker people).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean I don't actually have xander. My account was made after the GHB.

As far as red tanks go, I have Adult Tiki and...Stahl.

edit: oh my god, I don't have enough badges to promote Rein :stonk:

Tae fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

tithin posted:

never count Tobin out.

Shut up, Tobin.