Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'll take the Lakers unless Gumslinger wants to play, he deserves them more. If that happens I'll take anyone. Preference would probably be Hawks/Suns/Warriors/Jazz just based on Vacationability of the City preference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Sure take it, I can't sign up for this anyway since somebody has to handle the auction stuff.

:siren: TEAMS LEFT :siren:

New York Knicks
Washington Wizards
Atlanta Hawks
Miami Heat
Cleveland Cavaliers
Detroit Pistons
Utah Jazz
Denver Nuggets
Portland Trailblazers
Golden State Warriors
Los Angeles Lakers
Phoenix Suns
Dallas Mavericks
Los Angeles Clippers

I wanted Denver. Should have bolded.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Nah I just totally missed it, fixing!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I've got PMs!

buzz city bitch

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
gently caress it why not. I'll take the Wizards if available, and yes I have pms

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
TEAMS LEFT

New York Knicks
Atlanta Hawks
Miami Heat
Cleveland Cavaliers
Detroit Pistons
Utah Jazz
Portland Trailblazers
Golden State Warriors
Phoenix Suns
Dallas Mavericks

9 spots (but 10 teams) left!

Let's try to fill this by Sunday night so we can maybe start on Monday? Might be wishful thinking~

Digger
Sep 22, 2005

Digger T. Turtle
Can I please take control of the Atlanta hawks?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I'll take Cleveland, I have PM's.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Can I trade the Grizzlies for Port Land Trail Blaziers since they're still available.

I'm starting the wheeling and dealing early

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Open offer if any of the better Spurs fans wanted the Spurs and I early birded them, I am willing to switch to a joke franchise such as the Miami heat or golden state warriors

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I'd enjoy someone taking the Knicks and moving them immediately, or maybe threatening to move them with a Major League style motivational scheme where James Dolan's clothing is removed piecewise

first win, the feather comes out of the fedora...

a Classic Reverse Major League where he starts naked in the locker room and they are allowed to clothe him is unadvised

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm in as Detroit and I have pm. Did pretty well last couple of times with so so draft position so looking forward to auctioning.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Digger posted:

Can I please take control of the Atlanta hawks?

Drop an email address if you dont have PMs and sure!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
TEAMS LEFT

Memphis Grizzlies
Utah Jazz
Dallas Mavericks

4 spots (but 5 teams) left!

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 3, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I'll take the Knicks

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
I'll do the warriors!

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Give me Miami please.

No state income tax - I should win tiebreakers :v:

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

I'll take Phoenix, I've got PMs.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

3 more people! :toot:

I'm getting hyped.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

3 more people! :toot:

I'm getting hyped.

Me too. I'm gonna take this draft as an opportunity to NOT draft Timofey Mozgov

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cool Buff Man posted:

Me too. I'm gonna take this draft as an opportunity to NOT draft Timofey Mozgov

And that is why you'll fail. His reemergence as the Collossus of Brooklyn, backed by a Russian cyborgs staring down players who try to guard him while opening and closing garden shears is incoming

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

And that is why you'll fail. His reemergence as the Collossus of Brooklyn, backed by a Russian cyborgs staring down players who try to guard him while opening and closing garden shears is incoming

I'd welcome it because it would make my last team of Teague, Lavine, Durant, Tristan Thompson and Mozgov INCREDIBLE

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Blind bids are gonna be weird. I would pay like $125 for Lebron, but that isn't going to be enough.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I'll take one of the remaining teams

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I'm gonna panic and offer max contracts to lower tier all-stars, just like a real GM

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

Blind bids are gonna be weird. I would pay like $125 for Lebron, but that isn't going to be enough.

$286 for LeBron and 14 $1 players probably gets you to the second round.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

tanglewood1420 posted:

$286 for LeBron and 14 $1 players probably gets you to the second round.

or the Finals if you're in the East

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
:siren: ONE SPOT LEFT (I still have to assign a team to somebody, but you have a choice out of 2 teams) :siren:

Memphis Grizzlies
Dallas Mavericks

I plan to start this tomorrow assuming we start this tonight, but I do need to hear from Digger and get an email or I'll have to find a replacement since I have no way to contact you.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

You know what, I'm gonna be Mark Cuban.

Watch out world, the Mavs are back!

I have PMs.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Draft is full! I'll write a detailed post about the schedule and some more specifics sometime tonight.

I still have to hear from Digger by midnight tonight with contact info or else I will have to replace him.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

hello, i am generally managing something called the "memphis grizzleys". I assume they are a basketball team fueled entirely by barbecue and blues music and will plan my draft accordingly.

god bless.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Quick question, I totally forgot it was 4th of July tomorrow and figure most people will be out. Will anybody be opposed to this starting on the 5th instead?

Anyway, that gives Digger one extra day to check in with contact information. If somebody does replace you and take your team you're welcome to be a co-owner with anybody else, that also goes for additional signups or anybody interested in bringing in a co-owner.

• This thread will be used for everything. Banter, mindgames, bullshitting, friendly trash talk. Whatever. Use this thread as the general chat as this will be the only thread for this game.
  • The 27 random players will be posted in the thread as a new post each day, as well as at the top of the OP for each day.
  • You can bid on as many or as little players as you like each day. If you do not want to bid, please just inform me. Also try to include your team in the title or in the text so I can easily sort things.
  • THE JUDGING SYSTEM. The judging will be a bit more organized this time around, and it will be split into Eastern and Western Conferences. We can either do a full 8 vs 8 playoff seeding to do a playoff style head-2-head voting system, or do a top 8 or something. Your call.
  • The top teams will be decided by a list sent by each player involved in the game. You will name your top 8 or 16 teams (whatever we choose) not including your own and there will be a point system. If you don't vote, you won't be eligible for the playoffs, even if you were voted the best team. Once again, this is for building the best team this upcoming year. Players like Zach LaVine and Jabari Parker may only be playing half the season.
  • The 27 random players list will be posted between 12 and 1 PM EST every day for the next 20 days and I will need your PMs by 10 PM EST each night.
  • If two teams decide on a trade, I must have both parties message me to confirm.

Any other questions, let me know!

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
I'm cool with the 5th. In terms of playoff voting, will only the members be allowed to vote on that or will it be an open poll of sorts?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Brogeoisie posted:

I'm cool with the 5th. In terms of playoff voting, will only the members be allowed to vote on that or will it be an open poll of sorts?

I'd prefer the teams involved but if we could get some judges I wouldn't mind that either.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

It would be nice if there was a secondary "Best team in three years" vote or something too. Otherwise if it's all about this year alone then I will literally be bidding $250+ for Lebron unironically.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Can we draft Lavar Ball and Lonzo Ball separately

I'm not interested in Lonzo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tanglewood1420 posted:

It would be nice if there was a secondary "Best team in three years" vote or something too. Otherwise if it's all about this year alone then I will literally be bidding $250+ for Lebron unironically.

Seconding this

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

tanglewood1420 posted:

Yeah I'll consider this, as long as it is just a secondary thing. Having both would make it basically two games/less competitive and it's kinda hard to project a lot of super young players.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Yeah I'll consider this, as long as it is just a secondary thing. Having both would make it basically two games/less competitive and it's kinda hard to project a lot of super young players.

It's also more realistic though.

#TrustTheProcess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

whoever gets Embiid will be getting quality tweets and a true stretch 5, he's probably worth a max bid

• Locked thread