Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

please when you get mad ask yourself WWVSDD

at first i was gonna be like wut idgi then I sounded it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Phrosphor posted:

There are posts appearing on the official forums that the AI is much better in this version.

The game in general just feels a lot better to play. That isn't the most descriptive feedback but a lot of things just seem to click like they weren't before.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Here have a real marauder

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Def would

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

This looks awful. Why is everything so lanky and awkward looking?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Great Beer posted:

:catstare:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The reseen Warhammer works pretty well as a mini.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Unseen Marauder sucks. :colbert:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Strobe posted:

The Unseen Marauder sucks. :colbert:

:catstare:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

It's a gangly licensed japanbot that they didn't even bother to take the weird plane parts off the back from when it was a transforming jet.

DeepThrobble
Sep 18, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

Like, look at this poo poo. These area ll IIC varients of things from the afore mentioned 3055 TRO:

The designs themselves aren't poo poo, the art direction is just garbage that looks like it wants to be the latest Gundam series. Unified art direction that has a consistent feel is what's making the new stuff look good, without making the designs too samey.

Those were made by the actual designers of robots for animes to replace the unseen for the Mechwarrior port to some Japanese game console. The repurposing of that art for the IIC models is on FASA being cheapskates.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

wiegieman posted:

It's a gangly licensed japanbot that they didn't even bother to take the weird plane parts off the back from when it was a transforming jet.

Correction - the robot the Marauder borrowed it's design from wasn't a transformer and never had those winglet things. That's an entirely BTech addition, and it makes no sense and is hideous.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 25, 2017

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Bunch of nova-lovers ITT

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bunch of nova-lovers ITT

Clan ER lasers are real good

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

Clan ER lasers are real good

Yeah I know, I was referencing the "no-frills" and "practical" design in this game of giant robots punching and kicking eachother

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Cyrano4747 posted:

Well, proof that every hosed up thing is someone's kink I guess.

I seem to be a major repository of such since I also like those gundam/battletech abominations, and think they'd fit in as a branch of mechs that specialize in agility and myomer strength. Although that Jenner seems to have a few dislocations.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I don't like the poses, but I really like the designs & art style.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Unseen were mechs that were never given a model or appearance in sourcebooks outside of statistics and text, right?

And Reseen were the updated appearances created to fill that space, which had a contrasting art style?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

Unseen were mechs that were never given a model or appearance in sourcebooks outside of statistics and text, right?

And Reseen were the updated appearances created to fill that space, which had a contrasting art style?

Unseen were mechs that the art of were locked up in copyright hell because it was purchased in japan, but it was also sold to another company for Macross and the american rights holder of macross pushed legal control over that art in the US. So as a result those mechs had to be given new art and design to not conflict with copyright.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
That's a reasonable bare-bones explanation of it, yes. In general terms, "Unseen" are 'Mechs that originated either from other IPs or from outside development whose images and likeness are no longer used. They're not actually all in copyright hell, though, because a couple were designed for use by FASA but were not commissioned 'in-house', like the Nexus.

"Reseen" is a term I no longer use, but for decades referred to the updated artwork used to represent those units later in the timeline. I prefer "Phoenix" designs, because the FASA rebrand and push for the new artwork was called "Project Phoenix".

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think you'll find that XCOM is actually Battletech and Full Cover is the name of my Atlas.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Viva Miriya posted:

at first i was gonna be like wut idgi then I sounded it out

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

please when you get mad ask yourself WWVSDD

....then do something else, because that fucker was full of bad choices.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Skoll and Viva, if you bring slap fights to the thread again then I will have to probate you both. I know you both have an acerbic style of posting that can rile people up, but its not pleasant for anyone to have to read a back and forth that belongs on a school playground.

Reply to each other at your peril!! Please just talk about the game itself and not what you think of each other. I would really appreciate this.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.
Things were going so well; I'd taken down two enemy mechs, hadn't taken a single loss and was topped off on both heat and balance on every mech slugging it out.

Pretty much a victory lap at this point.

Then a Centurion ran up and punched the head straight off of my Awesome.

Hawgh fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 26, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Hawgh posted:

Thins were going so well; I'd taken down two enemy mechs, hadn't taken a single loss and was topped off on both heat and balance on every mech slugging it out.

Pretty much a victory lap at this point.

Just when you think you're getting ahead in life...

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
He'll never be the head of a major corporation.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

Great Beer posted:

What could you possibly mean?

Marauder is lowkey the most adorable mech.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
This thread is so poo poo. Gas.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

KyloWinter posted:

This thread is so poo poo. Gas.

Don't post like this please.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Hawgh posted:

Further proof of Centurion supremacy right here

maybe I should try a 4x Cent lance and see just how ridiculous it gets

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I've squeezed a Jagermech into a light lance and I'm loving my kitey lance (Jagermech, Centurion, Urbie and a locust as sensor bitch). The four ACs loving obliterate light mechs, but the lance isn't that great on close maps like River crossing. Maybe I just need to improve on my kiting. I've no idea how people manage the Locust challenge.

Psion posted:

Further proof of Centurion supremacy right here

maybe I should try a 4x Cent lance and see just how ridiculous it gets

I've tried 3x Cents and an evasive hunchback-4P on water maps and it's mean if you kite. Just be wary of tough-as-nails Orions who headshot you with their AC10. :cry:

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 26, 2017

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

My whole system locked after clicking the take survey button last night. The match itself had been really fun though.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

School Nickname posted:

I've no idea how people manage the Locust challenge.

It's a lot of running away. Then, reserving down until the entire enemy team has moved and striking to run away again. It can go from tedious to exhilarating and back.

If anyone wants a challenge from the AI, I have some drops. Either fight with matching cash tier but without sensor lock or reserve. Or drop down a cash tier and use everything you got. River Crossing works best for the AI.

15 Million

UM-R60 - ArcLight
UM-R60 - Apex
HBK-4G - Sumo
CN9-A - Paradise

20 Million

TBT-5N - Buckshot
HBK-4G - Apex
CN9-A - Paradise
HBK-4G - ArcLight

25 Million

HBK-4G - ArcLight
ON1-K - Paradise
HBK-4G - Apex
ON1-K - Buckshot

The 20Mil. team vs any 15Mil. on River Crossing has been my hardest one to beat. These seem to be best against my own playstyle. If you found them easy, let me know what you did. Post your own AI Lances that give you the most trouble!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Here's hoping they get multiplayer skirmish up and running. There's only so many bot skirmishes sans narrative hook/campaign style play I can handle before getting a bit bored.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Yeah, I've put in about 10 hours and I'm not going past that minus a major patch or multiplayer. The base game is cool, but beyond even boredom I don't want to burn out on it.

Meanwhile I"ve played two MC2 campaigns to completion because it put me in the mood\.

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

Amechwarrior posted:

It's a lot of running away. Then, reserving down until the entire enemy team has moved and striking to run away again. It can go from tedious to exhilarating and back.

If anyone wants a challenge from the AI, I have some drops. Either fight with matching cash tier but without sensor lock or reserve. Or drop down a cash tier and use everything you got. River Crossing works best for the AI.

20 Million

TBT-5N - Buckshot
HBK-4G - Apex
CN9-A - Paradise
HBK-4G - ArcLight

The 20Mil. team vs any 15Mil. on River Crossing has been my hardest one to beat. These seem to be best against my own playstyle. If you found them easy, let me know what you did. Post your own AI Lances that give you the most trouble!

Trip report: I tried the 20 million team vs the first default 15 million team (Light Assault(?)) on River Crossing. I beat them fairly handily with no losses and only a few armor breaches, doing what I usually do against the AI.

I abused reserve to get unopposed shots with the Urbanmechs and kept out of LOS so that the AI had to work to get LOS on my units, while my own team would all get LOS on one enemy at a time. Usually, that means the AI comes in piecemeal and scattered, this time they stuck together a little better, making things a little harder. Instead, I got the AI to split up by jumping and sprinting one of the Urbanmechs off to one side and focusing the rest of my mechs on the other side. This got the Trebuchet and one Hunchback to chase after it. Urbies are surprisingly tough on evasive so the two mechs that went after it didn't really do much damage to it. I got a lucky early headshot on the tac master Hunchback, which made things easier, but I would probably not had much trouble either way. The AI is both too timid and too aggressive. The surviving Hunchback rushed in to a 2v1 against my Kintaro and my own hunchback, while the Centurion hung back, shooting indirect LRMs to pretty much no effect.

I think the reason the AI works a little better with this team is that they have fairly similar movement profiles, they're a little harder to scatter in the beginning. The teams I've had the most trouble against are teams with a relatively quick heavy or assault on maps where I can't easily play keepaway. There the AI gets in my face quick and overwhelms me with tonnage.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, I've put in about 10 hours and I'm not going past that minus a major patch or multiplayer. The base game is cool, but beyond even boredom I don't want to burn out on it.

Meanwhile I"ve played two MC2 campaigns to completion because it put me in the mood\.

I finally played the MC expansion. It was pretty meh, and the turkina looked like rear end

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I finally played the MC expansion. It was pretty meh, and the turkina looked like rear end

Hit up the MC2:Omnitech fan made campaigns. There are a few really good ones. Exodus and the remake of the MW2:Mercs campaign are both standouts.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I copied the game to my laptop and played it on that. I think I have maybe four hours total then got bored of bot skirmishes. I don't understand how some of you guys can play this over and over and over and over. It's fun, but without the complete game to play it in, gets boring kind of fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Im guessing some do it to help with the beta process?