Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

hamsystem posted:

Put up my solo Gilgamesh trial Noctis for a friend if anyone still needs it. Just turn on auto attack and check back in about 40 minutes, maybe sooner if you want to try and get the limit best kill.

a million times thank you for this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Save all those wakas for the ffx fish event later.

What now?

Anyway, did anyone hear David Draiman say "Ooh Wa kka kka kaa!" Or " OOH WAKKA WAKKA!" the first time they drew Wakka?

Like, the just on the first Wakka. Not the subsequent ones.

I hear it every time.

OOH OOH!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Mill Village posted:

I got Wakka'd.

Wakka Flocka Flame is one hood rear end 3*.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
nowhere to run run run come here right now

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

current gilgamesh isnt really overly exciting but i dont have any experience with reberta at all to say. snowpetal is a cool name for an ability tho so i vote for gilgamesh

Snowpetal is kinda weird in that it's a reference to a really strong attack from SaGa games, which makes me wonder if we'll get crossover from that some day.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
New feature over in the JP version: 3-star Eidolons. Siren and Ifrit were the first to get the new form. Base stats are a bit over double compared to the 2* form, with a max level of 60. A new tier of magicite is also out, which will help with those top levels.

Siren's a bit of a wimp, with 1.2 million health, but she'll put up massive buffs that have to be dispelled (or, in our case, stolen by Xon). You can oneshot her with the right setup, though she's immune to breaks. Ifrit, on the other hand, has 50 million health. It's an endurance fight, and you're at a huge disadvantage without both a physical and a magical tank on point. In terms of abilities, both fights are similiar to Dark Siren/Dark Ifrit, except fought one at a time.

As for board abilities, all of the 3-star hex squares cost an ever-increasing amount of SP to acquire, so you're going to have to plan out a specific build to shoot for.

Siren's 3* form adds Mage's Ballad (MP recovery song), Hero's Rime (Ramza's 40% stat buff song), Camouflage (passively decreases chance to be targeted), Vigorous Voice (passively reduces MP cost of all songs), Enhanced Summoning (boosts Siren's damage), Enhanced Elemental Defense (improves water resist up to 90% total), Barwatera, Watera and Imperil as new options. 3* Siren also gains immunity to silence as a baseline.

Ifrit's 3* form adds a second tier of Plant Killer and Beast Killer passives, 75% and affecting both magic and phys damage, Incinerate (think Titan's Tumult, AoE fire damage), Berserker (start battle under Berserk status), Enhanced Summoning (boosts Ifrit's damage), Enhanced Elemental Defense (improves fire resist up to 90% total), Provoke, Brave, Faith, and Barfira as new options. 3* Ifrit also gains immunity to darkness as a baseline.

Example of Ifrit's 3* grid: https://cdn.wiki.famitsu.com/files/attachment/000/237/272/full_upload.jpg

Varance fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 3, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So a certain fix to stacking spells has just caused the value of Comet to rocket.

First, counters no longer break spells and abilities that require repeat casts to power up (IE: Dark Fina's Retaliate ruining Dysotpia). Next, stacks between abilities and spells are apparently bugged and shared.
This means that characters like D.Fina, Emperor or Zyrus can stack their abilities for a few turns then doublecasts Comet for maximum damage. Better explanation here.
Wondering if this is intended or truly bugged and fixed eventually.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So what's the likelihood of getting any kind of fourth of july special?

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I just managed to get my second Kelsus by keeping all the shards. So keep saving them up for a second TM of him.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
3 days in a row got Rikku from my free daily. Wtf gumi.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

zeesik posted:

I just managed to get my second Kelsus by keeping all the shards. So keep saving them up for a second TM of him.

Is his TM any good even? I'm about to get a second as well.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

Is his TM any good even? I'm about to get a second as well.

From DefiantHermit's should you pull review:

"Global Trust Mastery Rating: Prodigy Goggles - +15 DEF/SPR, +2LB/Turn, Grant:: Scan - Accessory - 8.5/10

Niche, but great accessory for heavy LB users, as it provides passive LB gain and only takes an accessory slot. Scan is Libra, so you can safely ignore that part."

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6idx72/defianthermits_should_you_pull_summer_banner_june/

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What now?

Anyway, did anyone hear David Draiman say "Ooh Wa kka kka kaa!" Or " OOH WAKKA WAKKA!" the first time they drew Wakka?

Like, the just on the first Wakka. Not the subsequent ones.

I hear it every time.

OOH OOH!

Yuna's banner comes with a FFX king moogle event and Wakka is a bonus unit given he got his 6* in it. And Yuna a very good girl you should roll for if you need a finisher.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Khisanth Magus posted:

3 days in a row got Rikku from my free daily. Wtf gumi.

when do you pull your dailies?

Cartoon Man posted:

From DefiantHermit's should you pull review:

"Global Trust Mastery Rating: Prodigy Goggles - +15 DEF/SPR, +2LB/Turn, Grant:: Scan - Accessory - 8.5/10

Niche, but great accessory for heavy LB users, as it provides passive LB gain and only takes an accessory slot. Scan is Libra, so you can safely ignore that part."

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6idx72/defianthermits_should_you_pull_summer_banner_june/

does it stack with itself?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
If it does stack it would be very good for someone like Wilhelm or Cecil.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

Snowpetal is kinda weird in that it's a reference to a really strong attack from SaGa games, which makes me wonder if we'll get crossover from that some day.

Red as a 5* base with his 6* being Alkaiser and his TM being the Alkaiser suit that unlocks its moves when used by Red like the Ring of Lucii does for Nocits... :shepspends:

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Should I use my actual FB account for linking or a dummy account? I don't want this silly game to send notifications to my IRL friends or anything like that. But I've also read some horror stories about dummy accounts getting closed for whatever reason which then erased the FFBE save game linked to them.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Office Thug posted:

Should I use my actual FB account for linking or a dummy account? I don't want this silly game to send notifications to my IRL friends or anything like that. But I've also read some horror stories about dummy accounts getting closed for whatever reason which then erased the FFBE save game linked to them.

Game is totally un-intrusive. Only posts when you tell it to.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Office Thug posted:

I use a dummy account, but every other day on Reddit, somebody posts a Facebook horror story. I figure if it ever happens to me and I'm unsuccessful in gaining my account back, well then it was meant to be...

(And my wallet will thank me for it.)

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 3, 2017

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Been catching up on Chamber of the Fallen. I've managed to blunder my way into my 100% evade Noctis solo against Typhon. Now just to point warp for the next 2 hours until he's dead.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Office Thug posted:

If you're happy with your account as is, use your real Facebook account. I managed to get my account back over the weekend, but I had to send Facebook a selfie before they would unlock it. More extreme measures can be having to send Facebook a picture of photo ID to prove who you are and that the name on your Facebook page is the same one as your legal name.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Welp. I spent 5000 lapis on Lightning and 4* Rosa today.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

Welp. I spent 5000 lapis on Lightning and 4* Rosa today.

It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

About to get my first dual Wield, and I was originally planning on giving it to my Greg, but the Mog raid showed me just how important DPS is. I then considered grinding a Chizuru I got from the free 10+1 ticket a while back, and give it to her. Goons, who is better suited for Dual Wield?

EDIT: FYI, My team right now is: COD (Replaced with Riku if I get her), Tilith, WoL, Yun, Gil.

Also, I looked at the Exvius Wiki and realized that I have the 4th best chainer according to the non-whale rankings: Setzer. Should I give him or one of the others Dual Wield?

The man called M fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 3, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
The great thing about Setzer is that all he really needs for dps is a dual wield, and then you can just build him for survivability or with slayer items/materia depending on what you're fighting.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

The man called M posted:

About to get my first dual Wield, and I was originally planning on giving it to my Greg, but the Mog raid showed me just how important DPS is. I then considered grinding a Chizuru I got from the free 10+1 ticket a while back, and give it to her. Goons, who is better suited for Dual Wield?

EDIT: FYI, My team right now is: COD (Replaced with Riku if I get her), Tilith, WoL, Yun, Gil.

Also, I looked at the Exvius Wiki and realized that I have the 4th best chainer according to the non-whale rankings: Setzer. Should I give him or one of the others Dual Wield?

Gilgamesh is better than Chizuru. Setzer's Red card pretty much just chains with itself, but Prismatic Flash will chain alright with Tidus.

People put dual wield on Setzer to get double the damage out of Dice and Double Dice. Which is a solid strat if you don't mind the RNG.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Can you... feel that?

Oh, poo poo.

OOH WAKKA WAKKA
OOH WAKKA WAKKA

OOH OOH

OOH OOH

OOH OOH

Drowning deep in my sea of loathing
Gacha your servant I kneel
(Will you give Lapis to me?)
It seems what's left of my human side
Is slowly changing in me
(Will you give Lapis to me?)
Tapping on my crystal
When suddenly it changes
Violently it changes (oh no)
There is no turning back now
You've woken up the gacha in me

Get up, come on get down with the gacha
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me
You mother get up, come on get down with the gacha
You fucker get up, come on get down with the gacha
BEDILE IS THE GIFT, THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME

etc.

Skyridge posted:

Been catching up on Chamber of the Fallen. I've managed to blunder my way into my 100% evade Noctis solo against Typhon. Now just to point warp for the next 2 hours until he's dead.

That mIght not work once they start double teaming you with magic attacks and Hailstones. I couldn't do it with Dana's Noctis, I had to resort to Dual Wielding Setzer Double Dice spam.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

I use a dummy account, but every other day on Reddit, somebody posts a Facebook horror story. I figure if it ever happens to me and I'm unsuccessful in gaining my account back, well then it was meant to be...

(And my wallet will thank me for it.)

Use valid information for the account and maybe a (bad) photo of yourself. Most of those horror stories are "I made a completely blank account that looked empty and fake" which probably tripped something on FB's end. The account I use contains information I can recall if I need to, rather than just being random BS.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
7 more 11 pulls today. Got Queen'd on the last one.
So this banner has hit me with Dark Knight Cecil and Queen after nine total 11 pulls.

But looking at the positives, I finally got Olive out of the 5* EX Ticket. Immediately got Sparky and kitted her out. That's good.

I think I'm quite done with this banner though. Gotta walk away to keep my sanity. Tidus was not meant to be.
(Except in my JP account where I pulled my second Tidus the other day...)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I scored a Rem today and I'm happier about that than I would have been for Tidus, I think. I can at least give Rem an Air Dagger to help with my element chaining when she isn't supporting. Also looking forward to ruining people's days in the Arena with Siphon Delta.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

After some more TMR grinding, here is where my Fryevia is now :

(With Letters and Arms x3 and Equip Rod)

I think the only TMR that I could grind that could help out is magistral crest, and vanille is now on my TMR team so that will happen eventually.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

After some more TMR grinding, here is where my Fryevia is now :

(With Letters and Arms x3 and Equip Rod)

I think the only TMR that I could grind that could help out is magistral crest, and vanille is now on my TMR team so that will happen eventually.

Since her chain move is hybrid damage wouldn't Power of Creation be better than Letters and Arms since it's 30% to atk/mag instead of just the mag boost, or does L&A still manage to be more useful because lol hybrid skills?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Evil Fluffy posted:

Since her chain move is hybrid damage wouldn't Power of Creation be better than Letters and Arms since it's 30% to atk/mag instead of just the mag boost, or does L&A still manage to be more useful because lol hybrid skills?

L&A all day. You hit harder with a high stat and a low stat than with 2x mid stats.

We should be friends! This is with Dual Wield:

CyberLord XP fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 3, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CyberLord XP posted:

L&A all day. You hit harder with a high stat and a low stat than with 2x mid stats.

this is also why even though his big "nuke" is hybrid damage that bartz still does more damage with it by stacking one stat instead of having a mixture of both

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

rabidsquid posted:

this is also why even though his big "nuke" is hybrid damage that bartz still does more damage with it by stacking one stat instead of having a mixture of both

Yup! In addition your MAG stat is the same for both sets of attacks while your ATK only factors in whatever weapon is currently being used in that attack.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

CyberLord XP posted:

Sure. I don't think I've ever actually linked to my friend code here so:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nuebot posted:

So what's the likelihood of getting any kind of fourth of july special?

None. An Independence Day special? Iffy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

None. An Independence Day special? Iffy.

Not even a bundle, you think? Oh well. Can't say I expected one after the free poo poo we just got.
EDIT: Cool, in one TM farm session my tidus hit the jackpot and is up to 9% already. If only this luck would hold out.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 4, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Not even a bundle, you think? Oh well. Can't say I expected one after the free poo poo we just got.

This is global. Dont expect US specific holidays like the 4th of july to be even glanced at, specially when such a large part of the playerbase is in asia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Best red mage in the game, has Auto-Raise to boot.

But you missed her "gently caress you and die" materia that locks down enemy teams in Arena, yes.

yea i bought the materia because goons were going off on how broken it is. I just have Refia w/dual cast, Y'shtolla already, so I'm not sure where I'll use Rem.

But people were saying I can build her as dmg? Maybe I'll try that and replace my Chizuru with her.

• Locked thread