Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean one also has a metal plate on their head

I don't actually know what that is and it's the part of Jeanne's design I hate the most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Captain Baal posted:

I mean one also has a metal plate on their head

I don't actually know what that is and it's the part of Jeanne's design I hate the most

It's a full protective helmet/face shield combo in Anime Lady Armor terms.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Vlad is cool and good, and I like that he's got a good rating. Granted he only becomes great after the strengthening quest for his second skill.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

When you're picking cards, it's 5 sidelong head shots of blondes with blue and silver.

That's nothing; wait until you're trying to pick between Altria and Nero's cards. You'll quickly become hyper-aware of exactly how their bangs overlap their fringes because that's basically the only difference when they're fanned.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Gil and Kintoki which is better overall considering future content.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gil probably but kintoki's more multi-purpose since he's a berserker, anytime there's a lancer boss gil becomes useless

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
:sigh: lost my shot at leveling Rin's skills this week. :(

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

My murder-cat turned into a murder-maid-cat. Which isn't what I would have expected, but here we are.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
(It's a murder-maid-fox. Don't believe her lies)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
It's actually a jackal

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

(It's a murder-maid-fox. Don't believe her lies)

Or possibly a dog? She's not sure.

edit: I think the technically correct answer is probably still jackal?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Everyone knows foxes are the most trustworthy of all Japanese spirits.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
just got Siegfried off a Single Pull, is there anything he is useful for?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

From those rankings it seems like rerolling for a 5* right now is not really worth the time if Waver is really the only outstanding one available at the moment. In fact it looks like a roll of, like, Hercules / Cu Chulainn is better than one with a 5*.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MotU posted:

just got Siegfried off a Single Pull, is there anything he is useful for?

Sorry

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
he's cute

use your favourite ararararara

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i have d'Eon already for my saber i just thought maybe there was a tough dragon besides the one camelot thing

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Best reroll now is aiming for 2 or 3 keido

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

In fact it looks like a roll of, like, Hercules / Cu Chulainn is better than one with a 5*.

I don't think that's true, since we'll get a free 4* of our choice - i.e. Hercules - and unless you're horribly unlucky you'll have got Cu from the friend points gatcha by the time you need him. Waver, Vlad and Jeanne are probably all still better than any non-Hercules 4*?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I got a Medea from the friend gacha but otherwise my 3 star pulls from it have been dire.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Nate RFB posted:

I got a Medea from the friend gacha but otherwise my 3 star pulls from it have been dire.

Yeah not getting any luck with cu either. I'll end up having to pick up Liz from the free pick to use up the 40 gold lancer xp card things I have gathering dust

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
you could build a cu out of the mana prisms i got from burning him alive

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

So, been poking at this in hopes of finding a grindy phone game that doesn't require too much cash shop crap, and it seems okay. But after two days of idle poking about I've finally got to france, and I'm realizing that if I'm gonna reroll it should probably be now. Question is, should I bother? Got the free rolls plus another 30-quartz summon since I'm impatient, and have no five-star cards. And the notable stuff I wound up with is...

Carmilla, Elizabeth, Robin Hood, Caesar, some other assorted *-*** star sorts.
The Imaginary Element, Verdant Sound of Destruction, Gem Magecraft: Antumbra, Iron-willed training, Primeval Curse

So how good or horrible is this? :v: If it's better than mediocre then I'll just soldier on, but I admit I've mostly been relying on random support Hercules to carry my rear end too.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
If I was rerolling now I would personally try for at least one 5*. Maybe even two, since right now is the single best time to reroll thanks to the extra free quartz they're handing out this week.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Backed up my account to try the 2x 10 free rolls once or twice.

Rolled nothing both times and typed down the wrong password for the recovery. Managed to guess it properly and restore my actual account but lesson learned, not doing that again :D

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
If you don't actually care about any of the 5* currently available and you like everything you have then you're fine. If you feel like you'd want a 5* currently available then yeah now is absolutely the time to pick it up. This game isn't really about servant strength compared to what servants you like since if/when you actually would want a Waver for something he'll be somewhere on the support list for you to pop in. Same for having a good berserker to clear waves--especially as the game ages you'll find plenty of what you'd want on the support list.

That said, even just re-rolling for something like multiple 5* CE would help you a lot if you don't particularly care for a 5* character. Those will make anybody stronger and while 5* CE aren't going to be too rare as you start rolling in later gacha now is absolutely the best time to pick up some of the better ones while the pool is smaller.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

From those rankings it seems like rerolling for a 5* right now is not really worth the time if Waver is really the only outstanding one available at the moment. In fact it looks like a roll of, like, Hercules / Cu Chulainn is better than one with a 5*.

Remember that ratings are just comparing like to like, so none of that is comparing the 5* to the 4* or the 3*. A lot of it also depends on what compositions you plan on running and some of the "bad" 5* are only bad under the assumption that you'll be rolling better versions of them in the future which may or may not be the case. Grails can make a lot of 4* competitive with 5* and 3* competitive with either, but they are a limited resource--you can only grail so many things up to that level.

Even Altria and Altera are good at launch and while Saber Alter is arguably better than either she's also harder to re-roll for and, well, to roll for in general since she won't be in most gacha pools--she's notably in kintoki's but if you don't plan on rolling for him you likely aren't getting her for a very, very long time and re-rolling for her now takes like an hour per run compared to 10 minutes for a 5*. Similarly, you may or may not succeed in rolling for better Sabers in the future and if you don't succeed then for you, personally, whichever of these two you picked up would still be the best Sabers.

That said, what I mentioned above still applies; if you don't like any of the 5* characters may as well not put in any effort rolling for them if it'd just be for ability. For ability you can just use a support servant mixed with lower rarity characters you like/that work well with them for the particular fight.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Man is it hard to resist the urge to blow all my quartz as soon as I can afford a 10 roll.
I feel like a junkie needing a fix.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

tokomon posted:

Man is it hard to resist the urge to blow all my quartz as soon as I can afford a 10 roll.

I mean at this point we're just waiting now for Limited Gil banner, right?

So what, that's going to be a month? 2 months? Jesus.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bias, but Jeanne feels like a good generic 5 star to have since Rulers basically take no damage from anything not Zerker and she effectively nullifies NP's.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

oath2order posted:

I mean at this point we're just waiting now for Limited Gil banner, right?

So what, that's going to be a month? 2 months? Jesus.

Basically.
I'm scratching the itch vicariously/sharing the pain by getting coworkers into the game.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I wouldn't mind having a roll of Hercules + Atilla the Hun or Jeanne. Maybe I'll try some rerolling anyway.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

tokomon posted:

:same:

I keep reminding myself of my terrible luck and of Drake.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Terrible luck is my hallmark.
I have a nagging feeling that, no matter what I do when I finally go gacha mad, I'll get all Siegfrieds.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tae posted:

Bias, but Jeanne feels like a good generic 5 star to have since Rulers basically take no damage from anything not Zerker and she effectively nullifies NP's.

She either has, or will get, an enhancement quest that removes the stun and adds a debuff clear to her NP, too! (it should show up after you get her level maxed to 90).

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
More like all 3*s and a debuff res 4* CE.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Psiwri posted:

More like all 3*s and a debuff res 4* CE.

I can't decide now which is merely unlucky and which is evil.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

She either has, or will get, an enhancement quest that removes the stun and adds a debuff clear to her NP, too! (it should show up after you get her level maxed to 90).

That would be crazy good! Her stun is pretty obnoxious though her NP is still a lifesaver.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Jeanne is the only reason why I'm not as high on Hercules, because I love doing all-arts teams to turbo charge Jeanne's NP.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Vlad just did 88k on a NP + x2 Buster with ATK boost brave chain :3 Goddamn I never felt the rush of a zerker before but when you don't get RNG focused down, it's amazingly fun - even at this level. Can't wait to see at 90+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Asimo posted:

Carmilla, Elizabeth, Robin Hood, Caesar, some other assorted *-*** star sorts.
The Imaginary Element, Verdant Sound of Destruction, Gem Magecraft: Antumbra, Iron-willed training, Primeval Curse

So how good or horrible is this? :v: If it's better than mediocre then I'll just soldier on, but I admit I've mostly been relying on random support Hercules to carry my rear end too.

It's fine for the simple reason that just about anything is fine; there are enough strong units at lower rarities that you're free to use higher rarities to go for units that you like. Right now you've got two decent 4* servants and several good 4* CEs; you could easily roll half a dozen times without seeing a start that's objectively better than this one.

So basically if you like Liz and Carmilla keep them; if you don't find them interesting then reroll.