Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Trogdos! posted:

Weathers, paraphrasing

Frost: at the start of your turn, damage the lowest unit by 2
Fog: at the start of your turn, damage the highest unit by 2
Rain: at the start of your turn, damage up to 5 units by 1
Skellige Storm: start of turn; 2, 2, 1

Aeromancy plays a bronze or silver weather from your deck, no longer resurrects

I'm glad I don't play a weather deck because rip

:saddowns:

Gonna have to redesign my monsters deck some.

Actually, doesn't this arguably make fog better? Hmm.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
In what universe is anyone going to spend a bronze card on an effect that can't do more than two damage a turn. That is retarded, weather is dead.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Actually, doesn't this arguably make fog better? Hmm.

How? It now can only damage 1 unit and the effect happens later

Also Caranthir moves 3 units intead of 5 yet the frost he applies can only damage 1 unit lmao

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Magic Underwear posted:

In what universe is anyone going to spend a bronze card on an effect that can't do more than two damage a turn. That is retarded, weather is dead.

They are gong to also nerf some high value bronze cards, otherwise, I think like you. Weather has to play for 5 turns to reach 10 damage.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
I think my faith in CDPR may have been really misplaced. Why would they make frost worthless and then nerf caranthir and wild hunt hound on top of it. I think CDPR may be retarded.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Magic Underwear posted:

I think my faith in CDPR may have been really misplaced. Why would they make frost worthless and then nerf caranthir and wild hunt hound on top of it. I think CDPR may be retarded.

huh, no, weather changes are mostly pretty good, they're simply lowering the power level of everything

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Kawabata posted:

huh, no, weather changes are mostly pretty good, they're simply lowering the power level of everything

They made weather really bad, and also nerfed weather synergy cards. Nothing else is getting nearly that level of nerf, in fact I'm seeing a lot of NG buffs right now.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Kawabata posted:

True also, this seems a anti-power creep balance patch. 90% of them are nerfs.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Happy with the new changes. Weather had reached auto include and required everyone to bring multiple counters for bronze cards. No single group of cards should have everything revolve around them like that, especially when they're bronzes.

Now they'll be minor situational bonuses on cards like aretuza adepts or hounds instead of game plans unto themselves.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Turin Turambar posted:

True also, this seems a anti-power creep balance patch. 90% of them are nerfs.

It looks like a very good patch so far.

E: loving the bear change, they're not killing the card

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Subvisual Haze posted:

Happy with the new changes. Weather had reached auto include and required everyone to bring multiple counters for bronze cards. No single group of cards should have everything revolve around them like that, especially when they're bronzes.

Now they'll be minor situational bonuses on cards like aretuza adepts or hounds instead of game plans unto themselves.

Yeah, weather was loving retarded. I like the fact that they're actually following their long term design goals and less the cries of mongoloid babies on reddit.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
At work, can someone summarize all the changes?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
That savage bear description is really terrible.

"When an enemy is played from any hand..." How do do you play an enemy from your own hand if you're playing SK? Is it supposed to hit friendlies? If so, why doesn't it just say unit?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Sultan Tarquin posted:

"When an enemy is played from any hand..." How do do you play an enemy from your own hand if you're playing SK? Is it supposed to hit friendlies? If so, why doesn't it just say unit?

http://www.gwentdb.com/cards/5033-udalryk

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

So It Goes posted:

At work, can someone summarize all the changes?

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/6l20tt/dev_stream_summary_all_changes/

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Yeah. They are presenting it though, I don't think the patch will come out with that description.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I'm definitely liking the look of NR and NG after this. SK and Monsters took a big (albeit deserved) hit.

Which is fine by my books. I like being able to shake up my deck every once in awhile.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

The Iron Rose posted:

I'm definitely liking the look of NR and NG after this. SK and Monsters took a big (albeit deserved) hit.

Which is fine by my books. I like being able to shake up my deck every once in awhile.

All weather except skelege storm is dead. The only decks worth a poo poo will be NR machines as the one viable control deck and various solitaire point stacking decks like consume, reveal, and mulligan.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Another 12k to 14k scrap (depending if berserker marauder gives a refund).

Scoiatel buff is enormous. 3x elven merc 3x clear skies now autoinclude. It is a buff of FOUR to a bronze unit. That's insane.

Villentretenmerth nerf is like losing Pavetta all over again.

Too dramatic a change for the patch. They could have changed weathers alone but nerfing weather generators on top of it is too far imo. Nerfing celaeno harpy is also a mistake, I think the game was better off with that card being OP.

Keep in mind all Axemen get killed by spores now even if you marching orders/ADC it and even in round 3. The only one that will survive it is a crached out Axeman.

NR will be very strong now... the only cards that realistically punish stacking now are lacerate, trapper, coral. I will actually try priscilla out because being able to avoid scorch in sergeant decks isn't horrible. Trebuchet getting sergeant buff is probably a mistake, that's kind of insane.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 3, 2017

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Non-consume builds of monsters seem like they will be really bad going forward. They need to rely on crones mulligan rng even more now cause so many of their cards just don't have raw power behind them.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Nithral is hilarious now. It's a 7 power silver that, only in concert with another card, does 1 damage a turn. Great job guys, he's almost as good as post-nerf savage bear.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Magic Underwear posted:

Nithral is hilarious now. It's a 7 power silver that, only in concert with another card, does 1 damage a turn. Great job guys, he's almost as good as post-nerf savage bear.

And that extra damage can be stopped by clearing the weather or killing the unit!

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Why in the world would they buff the Trappers and their lacerate on a stick?

NG is odd, almost all the new buffs focus on reveal. Calveit is worse now that he can't pull golds. Still, NG was the least weather friendly faction, so just modifying the weather might make them competitive again.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Subvisual Haze posted:

NG is odd, almost all the new buffs focus on reveal. Calveit is worse now that he can't pull golds. Still, NG was the least weather friendly faction, so just modifying the weather might make them competitive again.

fireball trap does 2 and doesn't ignore armor now.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Sneaky weather monster to make a comeback in a week or two after patch as nobody will be running weather clears anymore. Or not because cancer ST is creeping back into the game.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
so to clarify, frost and fog now only damage 1 unit, even if there are multiples of the same power on the row?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Up Circle posted:

so to clarify, frost and fog now only damage 1 unit, even if there are multiples of the same power on the row?

Correct.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Up Circle posted:

Yes. I don't think this is actually that bad a change or that weather is dumpstered, aretuza adept is still a decent card.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Subvisual Haze posted:

NG is odd, almost all the new buffs focus on reveal. Calveit is worse now that he can't pull golds.

It looks like emhyr can bounce golds now too and has a big power boost. Calviet looks pretty bad now though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really don't understand why they switched Frost and Rain's effects, especially without completely reworking Caranthir/Nithral to compensate.

Anyway Bear got buffed by 1 but it doesn't affect spawned units now which was the main thing that made it insane. It'll still be played because it still ends up generating great value but it won't be as oppressive.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

EvilMike posted:

It looks like emhyr can bounce golds now too

No he cannot. He can play a gold after bouncing a non-gold.

RatHat posted:

I really don't understand why they switched Frost and Rain's effects, especially without completely reworking Caranthir/Nithral to compensate.

To indirectly nerf White Frost I suspect, which was an oppressive card.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

EvilMike posted:

It looks like emhyr can bounce golds now too and has a big power boost. Calviet looks pretty bad now though.

I don't think so. He can PLAY a gold card from hand though.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Oh, my bad.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Elven Mercenary - Loyal

SO IT BEGINS

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Electronico6 posted:

Sneaky weather monster to make a comeback in a week or two after patch as nobody will be running weather clears anymore. Or not because cancer ST is creeping back into the game.

Yeah an eventual effect will probably be Skellige storm and RNR becoming more potent cards themselves since people will start swapping out their weather clears.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Magic Underwear posted:

You will still need a card to remove the weather though, which you might not have used otherwise. Nithraal used to give you 2-3 points of value per turn for, huh, maybe 1 turn or 2? It was always super awkward to use and immediately silenced, which felt terrible. I don't think it's going to break the meta now either, but its stats mean they basically gave you a free Nithraal turn, and three more points after he's inevitably silenced. Nithraal+ White Frost is still a 13 points play that needs an immediate answer from your opponent, and a lot of answers are now worse because people will play silver mages less (with the possible exception of Water Hag maybe?).

After the latest patch people were talking about how Skellige was dead and buried, right before the most oppressive Skellige meta in Gwent's short life. Weather will probably need dedicated decks to work now (if it ever does), which is..ok? It's a cool mechanic but it was so busted that you were 100% hosed every time you didn't have an answer.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Kawabata posted:

You will still need a card to remove the weather though, which you might not have used otherwise. Nithraal used to give you 2-3 points of value per turn for, huh, maybe 1 turn or 2? It was always super awkward to use and immediately silenced, which felt terrible. I don't think it's going to break the meta now either, but its stats mean they basically gave you a free Nithraal turn, and three more points after he's inevitably silenced. Nithraal+ White Frost is still a 13 points play that needs an immediate answer from your opponent, and a lot of answers are now worse because people will play silver mages less (with the possible exception of Water Hag maybe?).

After the latest patch people were talking about how Skellige was dead and buried, right before the most oppressive Skellige meta in Gwent's short life. Weather will probably need dedicated decks to work now (if it ever does), which is..ok? It's a cool mechanic but it was so busted that you were 100% hosed every time you didn't have an answer.

Wow, I can get a whole 13 value for only two silver cards, that sounds amazing. And the only way they can counter it is with clear sky, a mage, a row clear, using the third row, bloodcurdling roar, movement cards, passing after your 2 silver poo poo tempo combo, or any number of other things. You really convinced me, now nithral will be played in every deck.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Magic Underwear posted:

Wow, I can get a whole 13 value for only two silver cards, that sounds amazing. And the only way they can counter it is with clear sky, a mage, a row clear, using the third row, bloodcurdling roar, movement cards, passing after your 2 silver poo poo tempo combo, or any number of other things. You really convinced me, now nithral will be played in every deck.

Mages will be poo poo, clear sky will see much less play, bloodcurdling roar is significantly weaker, passing early with monsters is also usually poo poo because they have massive carryover.

I mean, as I said, I doubt Nithraal will break the meta (its power level is basically the same as it was before) but you almost convinced me he will be ok with your reddit level arguments.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Normal Adult Human posted:

Elven Mercenary - Loyal

SO IT BEGINS

so elven mercenary is back to closed beta style?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

No, you still get to choose between 2 bronze cards. The card's insane now (imo), just getting rally value off of each merc takes 6 extra bronzes out of your deck.