Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

I'm Dana White. You might remember me from such roles as President of the UFC, and Antagonist of Mighty Mouse.

Well, I'm here to present to you a new product of my own devising: Tuesday night fights.

That's right, instead of the same old Friday or Saturday night fights, where you get to sleep in the next morning, I am putting on fights on a Tuesday. You might think I'm crazy!! But I'm not, and I'll prove it: every fight under this new promotion will feature untested rookies. "But Dana," you might ask, "I don't give a poo poo about unranked fighters." You know what? That's OK. But my response is: are you some kinda dummy? Listen up stupid, you are going to pay me money for this.

Also Snoop Dogg :snoop:

First episode: Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Fight card:

Featherweights: Kurt Holobaugh vs. Matt Bessette
Heavyweights: Greg Rebellos vs. Azunna Anwanyu
Bantamweights: Boston Salmon vs. Ricky Turcios
Middleweights: Justin Jones vs. Charles Byrd
Flyweights: Joby Sanchez vs. Manny Vazquez

You might not have heard of these guys, but you know what? gently caress you.

mewse fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

:siren: This is a combined discussion / GDT thread so don't get pissy when a billion replies happen on Tuesdays :siren:

How to watch: buy fight pass stupid

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh poo poo. Kurt Holobaugh is a guy my coach corners and he comes to roll with us in camp. Really hard working guy, hope he does well.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
OP needs more :snoop:

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Boston Salmon is apparently an actual fighter and not a low-budget chain seafood restaurant

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I remember Boston Salmon as being HOT poo poo for about a minute on the Z-leagues years ago for doing the unthinkable and throwing two punches in a row with the same fuckin hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqV7ca7cQJw

mewse
May 2, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

doing the unthinkable and throwing two punches in a row with the same fuckin hand

Wow an uppercut hook combo, where do MMA guys learn these secret techniques

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
They never ask me to commentate fights :smith:

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
So TUF fights often suck and these guys are.... worse than the guys on TUF?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Nierbo posted:

So TUF fights often suck and these guys are.... worse than the guys on TUF?

To be fair, tuf fights often suck largely because they stick people in a house without steroids and make them fight 1-3 times in a month span, knowing their opponent on a day or two's notice

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Yeah thats a good point. I feel like theres more mismatches around amateur MMA though. Are these guys like semipros, where they have sponsors and get paid like 50 bucks by the bar that they fight at?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I feel like Boston Salmon must have toughened up into a fighter via the method explained in Johnny Cash's "Boy Named Sue".

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Boston Salmon fought the guy that Michael Schiavello kept calling "My Anus"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3WaVactj5M

Nierbo posted:

Yeah thats a good point. I feel like theres more mismatches around amateur MMA though. Are these guys like semipros, where they have sponsors and get paid like 50 bucks by the bar that they fight at?

They all seem to be pros with at least some fights under their belt. Many of them are like 35 years old. Joby Sanchez and Kurt Holobaugh have actually fought in the UFC before too.

Dr. Abysmal fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 4, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They all seem to be pros with at least some fights under their belt. Many of them are like 35 years old. Joby Sanchez and Kurt Holobaugh have actually fought in the UFC before too.

Yeah I get the feeling this is the B-leagues for guys that don't want to abandon their family for 2 months or however long TUF filming is

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

OP pic must have been before Dana fell into a vat of HGH

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah considering there's only two-ish years between then and now, he got loving jacked.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it was Mendes McGregor apparently so maybe he asked Chad for some of that skin cream

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
matt bessette is a cool guy who is from the town next to my hometown, he has fought in bellator and is current lightweight champion in ces, i have rolled with him

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I've trained with Justin Jones before. He's cool as poo poo and hits like a truck.

BelugaWhale
Jul 8, 2010
I met Kurt at my gym during a jits class Thursday. He seemed pretty cool. I did not get a chance to roll with him though.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I met Charles Byrd at an airport bathroom and he's like "Hey I'm Charles Byrd" and I was like "I said no names".

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Grem posted:

I met Charles Byrd at an airport bathroom and he's like "Hey I'm Charles Byrd" and I was like "I said no names".

So... how was it?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Reminder that this thing starts in about an hour

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Let's go Boston Salmon.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

So they definitely didn't hire the UFCs production team for this thing.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

lol, Snoop and Urijah sipping on gin and juice

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol snoop drinking gin

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

"he's got the mouthpiece of a vampire"

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

lol they're just muting the main stream and playing the snoop cast over it so you can't hear any fight audio.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Snoopcast is amazing

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
how do i listen to the snoop dogg

e: i found it

Fat Twitter Man fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 12, 2017

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Fat Twitter Man posted:

how do i listen to the snoop dogg

There are two different streams. Under live events you gotta pick snoopcast

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"So if this was a video game his energy meter be going down right now wouldn't it?"

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I wanna see that guy get KO'd in front of his terrified grandma.

I'm a bad person.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
snoop and urijah is actually a remarkably amazing combo. urijah is talking through everything while snoop goes 'drat' and 'e got im in eez nizzuts'

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This Snoopcast is awesome.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Of course Snoop wants to use the Diaz method of slapping your opponent.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Did they hire the same chick who was really bad at postfight interviews in Invicta for this?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
ahhahahhahahaha this interview just asked 'what kind of change did you make was it mentical?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

So does Dana emerge from a cocaine haze at the end of every episode and offer a dude a contract?

• Locked thread