Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Vlad just did 88k on a NP + x2 Buster with ATK boost brave chain :3 Goddamn I never felt the rush of a zerker before but when you don't get RNG focused down, it's amazingly fun - even at this level. Can't wait to see at 90+

I managed to do 1 000 000+ damage on Robin's NP, on the japanese server. Once we get the ressources to full upgrade our guys, poo poo is gonna get crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

I managed to do 1 000 000+ damage on Robin's NP, on the japanese server. Once we get the ressources to full upgrade our guys, poo poo is gonna get crazy.

While I was never fully upgraded on JPN, I remember nero bride + waver being pretty drat crazy with +% arts and atk boosters.

I do like the feeling of new game again though :)

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
It's been a week and I'm finally giving up on rerolling. In case anyone wants these:

camilla+arturia Mn6CQRmM5E
herc+jeanne g1xcW1NjSh fate
liz+lancelot+martha MXVgZCB2sF
d'eon+saber Qws1sJSFCgt
emiya+vlad+imaginary around ZAAuf2xbf3
tamacat+jeanne (used 2 rolls) 5bvmBEMc66
emiya+tamacat+kaleidoscope (used 2 rolls) dwmK3pKxAb

password for all these is 'fate'

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

It's fine for the simple reason that just about anything is fine; there are enough strong units at lower rarities that you're free to use higher rarities to go for units that you like. Right now you've got two decent 4* servants and several good 4* CEs; you could easily roll half a dozen times without seeing a start that's objectively better than this one.

So basically if you like Liz and Carmilla keep them; if you don't find them interesting then reroll.
Useful advice! But since I can save it, I rerolled anyway. First try, Hercules and Emiya and Siegfreid I guess plus Imaginary Around for a mediocre five-star CE. Of course now I have to decide between those two starts... :downs:

Admittedly I tried three more rerolls after and they were all god-awful, yes.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

sandorius posted:

herc+jeanne g1xcW1NjSh fate

I took this one. Thanks!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Chain-running Daily 40s has my squad looking a lot buffer. Waver 52, Elisabeth 50, Mash 40, Caesar, Kiyohime, Boudica and Robin Ascended once and high 30s, Medea waiting on one more Caster piece for hers.

The interludes that I have access to at this point are not the interludes that give useful rewards, I'm sure.

What are some of the right Free Quests to grind this week's Masters?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

All the interludes currently out, along with the free missions, simply have the reward of a saint quartz. Certain specific ones are also vaguely decent for farming ascension materials, but you'd need to go look that list up yourself.

Incidentally, it isn't actually a bad idea to do as many free missions and interludes you can at the moment, instead of just constant exp. runs, because there's nothing else going on at the moment. That will change.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Can daily missions be completed multiple times in one day?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Can daily missions be completed multiple times in one day?

Yes, though you only get the clear bonus (prisms) once per day per quest.

Lord Koth posted:

All the interludes currently out, along with the free missions, simply have the reward of a saint quartz. Certain specific ones are also vaguely decent for farming ascension materials, but you'd need to go look that list up yourself.

I was thinking more about how this week's masters are servant-specific (beat 5 then 10 Servants, beat 3 each of Divine, Roman, Chaotic and Lawful Servants). I'm not sure if that's possible without having Story quests available.

delfin fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 4, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/ichibanKUJI/status/882056779097493504

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

delfin posted:

Yes, though you only get the clear bonus (prisms) once per day per quest.

I was thinking more about how this week's masters are servant-specific (beat 5 then 10 Servants, beat 3 each of Divine, Roman, Chaotic and Lawful Servants). I'm not sure if that's possible without having Story quests available.

Shadow Servants count. I completed the Rome part in today's 30 AP Knight Daily. It takes a bit of luck to get the right servants.

The lawful and chaos/divine can be done in Fuyuki X-E and X-F free quests.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Sometimes my game glitches out after it's been runnung for a while for me. For instance my last battle had Herc and Lu Bu apparently develop presence conceealment because they could still attack even if I couldn't see them.

Then it crashed.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The Demon Pillar in Agartha is some bullshit. I dunno who decided it was a good idea to make a pillar boss with a skill that randomly instakills party members on top of all the other bullshit it does

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
now a single ticket gave me Altria (Alter) so you are forgiven for Siegfried, game

for general pairing with a Vlad and usually a Jeanne support buddy, would d'Eon or Altria Alter be better?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I really don't like that I have to spend like 300 AP to clear an entire story section just for a chance to summon Nero.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tae posted:

I really don't like that I have to spend like 300 AP to clear an entire story section just for a chance to summon Nero.

Just wait for a banner with Nero on it. I think she's the focus of one of the first events to boot.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

She's the first 4* to get a rateup. Just do the chapter and wait for Nerofes.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

MotU posted:

now a single ticket gave me Altria (Alter) so you are forgiven for Siegfried, game

for general pairing with a Vlad and usually a Jeanne support buddy, would d'Eon or Altria Alter be better?

Depends on what you want. If you want to have more Arts cards during your team's phase, d'Eon would work well, if you want two hard hitters that a Jeanne support can protect, then have Saber Alter.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Compendium posted:

Depends on what you want. If you want to have more Arts cards during your team's phase, d'Eon would work well, if you want two hard hitters that a Jeanne support can protect, then have Saber Alter.

don't d'Eon and Saber Alter both have QAABB? Do they have different appearance weights or anything?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I got super lucky and got Nero from a single ticket a few days after I beat Septem. Now I don't need anything else until Kintoki and the Douji's which is gonna be hell since two of them are 5*.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I run Vlad/Vlad or Vlad/Herc a lot unless something is very tough and then I run Vlad/Jeanne. So far, nothing has killed me.... ok that one 40AP EXP one did once because I wasn't paying attention because I was healing a FF14 dungeon.

Marogareh posted:

I got super lucky and got Nero from a single ticket a few days after I beat Septem. Now I don't need anything else until Kintoki and the Douji's which is gonna be hell since two of them are 5*.

Oh you piece of.... Congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you!

:'(

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

MotU posted:

don't d'Eon and Saber Alter both have QAABB? Do they have different appearance weights or anything?

Eh, can't remember off the top of my head, but if that's the case, then think about whose NP you'd prefer to use. D'eon will weaken opponents, Saber will AOE everything to hell

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Oh you piece of.... Congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you!

:'(

Added myself to the goonlist if you want to use her. Gonna start pruning all these single Mash's to add people from here now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

i mean what else are you going to spend the ap on, grinding exp cards super slowly?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tae posted:

Still preferable to completing Orleans and having Caster!Gilles added to the Gacha. That's just a loving punishment.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
If I am forced to dance around the chance of getting Giles, I would prefer Caster Giles over vanilla boring loser saber Giles.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Tae posted:

If you wait for the next chapter in the story to come out Drake chapter, all previous chapters should get a half AP event for the story.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Marogareh posted:

Added myself to the goonlist if you want to use her. Gonna start pruning all these single Mash's to add people from here now.

Will do! Enjoy Nero, she carried me for a while on JPN :)

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thing is that Caster Gilles is only ever on the story gacha, so by mostly rolling only on pick up and event gachas I have yet to see him.

Now loving Saber Gilles, I got his NP to level 5 a long time ago.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeah, Caster Gilles is weirdly scarce for a 3* even in JP version. I've only gotten him recently up to NP 2, while I have burned enough Saber Gilles to last a lifetime.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there any gimmick setup for running the 30/40AP dailies besides "level more idiot" or "find a god-tier support"? I tried a couple of times and got lucky once but they're tough with my current terrible team.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pierson posted:

Is there any gimmick setup for running the 30/40AP dailies besides "level more idiot" or "find a god-tier support"? I tried a couple of times and got lucky once but they're tough with my current terrible team.

Not especially? Use type advantage, use command spells if needed since beating the EXP dailys a couple of times will make it easier. First ascension Cus are pretty good for the Wed/Sat EXP dailys, he can survive it quite a few levels below the recommended.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

oh that Dr. Roman fig is so cute.

how many people are going to put Olga in the oven

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Does Roman's nendo come with a MagiMari headband and glowstick

Because if not whats the point

e: Oh its just a figma not a nendo

Yawwwwwn

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Pierson posted:

My standard frontline setup for 40 AP is Tamamo Cat and Mash with a support Jeanne. Mash and Jeanne keep Tamamo alive while she blows everything up. 40 AP could be dicey without a decent backline and the right craft essences (especially Imaginary Element or Kaleidoscope for starting NP gauge up on Tamamo), but a decent Berserker with Mash and Jeanne should at least be able to blitz through any day's 30 AP without too many problems. You get Kiyohime for free after Orleans, so she'll do if you don't have anything better.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is Asterios good? I can't get any other Berserkers than him.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Thuryl posted:

My standard frontline setup for 40 AP is Tamamo Cat and Mash with a support Jeanne. Mash and Jeanne keep Tamamo alive while she blows everything up. 40 AP could be dicey without a decent backline and the right craft essences (especially Imaginary Element or Kaleidoscope for starting NP gauge up on Tamamo), but a decent Berserker with Mash and Jeanne should at least be able to blitz through any day's 30 AP without too many problems. You get Kiyohime for free after Orleans, so she'll do if you don't have anything better.
Cheers man. My servants aren't that great but playing to type advantage and finding an amazing Emiya has let me spam a bunch for levels.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Tired Moritz posted:

Well, he's a 1*, so don't expect too much, but he still does what Berserkers do, which is to say he hits hard and dies easy. If you have a free party slot and just a few points of Cost to spare and you want a source of extra damage output, you could do worse.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Tired Moritz posted:

youll get kiyohime for clearing orleans, right? she's VERY good, just don't lie to her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

You can do some stupid poo poo with his NP but that's waaaaaaaaaaay later into the game. I saw a video of him and two wavers making a late game boss do 0 damage to them.