Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I am Paul London's sparkly codpiece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Paul London's crotch

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Crane/Killshot is rad as hell

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Who?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Justin has a PhD? Did I hear that right?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Crane-Killshot was insane. Holy poo poo how much have these guys faced each other on the Indies?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Crane/Killshot was so good. The Cueto Cup hasn't wowed me much despite my love of tournaments though. Puma/Mil and the main tonight were rad but everything else has been underwhelming filler. I think part of it is the new season 3 characters just not clicking (gently caress the Rabbit Tribe) and the need to fit in at least 4 matches and episode plus entrances and vignettes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Crane/Killshot was so good. The Cueto Cup hasn't wowed me much despite my love of tournaments though. Puma/Mil and the main tonight were rad but everything else has been underwhelming filler. I think part of it is the new season 3 characters just not clicking (gently caress the Rabbit Tribe) and the need to fit in at least 4 matches and episode plus entrances and vignettes.

I think that's just a problem with booking tournaments in general. You want to save the biggest and best matches for the later rounds, and your best wrestlers can't lose too early, so the first round ends up being a bunch of filler with obvious jobbers while we wait for the fireworks factory. The CWC didn't really pick up until the second round, and that was also a 32-person tourney.

Fortunately next week is the last of the first-round block, and I anticipate the action picking up from there.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That said, they definitely could've tightened up the first-round pacing by just showing "highlight reels" of the more blatant squashes, instead of airing all the bell-to-bell action on TV, and put the full matches on YouTube if people really want to see them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That final bit with Dario was hilarious. I love that he was enthusiastically raving about all the violence his tournament was unleashing to some stranger who just wandered in looking for a job.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jerusalem posted:

That final bit with Dario was hilarious. I love that he was enthusiastically raving about all the violence his tournament was unleashing to some stranger who just wandered in looking for a job.

Dario marking out over his bracket like a March Madness bettor is the best.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Vibora's gimmick is totally "Kane but a snake".

Benne posted:

Something tells me Muertes vs. Veneno is a bit of a mismatch
I feel like this should've been a bit less of a squash actually. Veneno in-canon is still undercover Cortez Castro, and he was no slouch in the ring. Though I guess you could explain it by saying he's being a jobber intentionally to keep a lower profile.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

Dario marking out over his bracket like a March Madness bettor is the best.

It reminded me of back in season 2 when he's hiding out on the road, and his brother's murdering three idiots out back while Dario is all like,"I MADE $60! :haw:"

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Are the contracts up if they go a certain amount of time without tapings?

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Benne posted:

Dario is the best.

You didn't need that many words dude

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

How can anyone hate the Rabbit Tribe!? I mean, did you see how far Mala Suerte can jump? It's incredible!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Charles Gnarwin posted:

(gently caress the Rabbit Tribe)

Jim Cornette?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Rabbit tribe is gas. Paul London is gas. This goon's posting is not gas.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Rabbit Tribe is good :colbert:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Rabbit Tribe is fine in theory and Paul London still rules but the execution has been god awful.

I'm stoked for Son of Madness trying to bring Havoc back to the club. I also like the idea of an MC comprised of the sons of synonyms.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Can't wait for the debut of Son of Anarchy! :v:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

frankenfreak posted:

Can't wait for the debut of Son of Anarchy! :v:

He'll be the least likeable character on the show and the plotline about his stupid kid being abducted will universally be recognized as LU's shark jumping moment.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

giving kerry von erich a run for his money

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hi I'm just popping in to say that I'm watching through season 1 and the flipping piledriver from Aerostar/Evans is one of the most holy poo poo things I've ever seen and I just really needed to express that.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

Hi I'm just popping in to say that I'm watching through season 1 and the flipping piledriver from Aerostar/Evans is one of the most holy poo poo things I've ever seen and I just really needed to express that.

It was insane and Jack Evans sold it like he was dead. I loved it

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Does Jack Evans ever not make someone look like a zillion bucks? I always appreciated how he's so insanely talented but spends so much of his time getting murdered.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Does Jack Evans ever not make someone look like a zillion bucks? I always appreciated how he's so insanely talented but spends so much of his time getting murdered.

That fall down the Temple stairs at the end of season 1 that the cameras barely caught. :ohdear:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/UnderhookDDT/status/881701687244726272

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
I wonder if Dario is just so stoked about his Cueto cup that he just straight up forgot that Lorenzo Lamas died

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Meadowhill posted:

Lorenzo Lamas died

?

He's still alive

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
The actor Lorenzo Lamas is still alive.

The character he was playing on the show is very, very dead. We're not sure if Dario knows this, or if it was his plan all along.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Quiet Python posted:

The actor Lorenzo Lamas is still alive.

The character he was playing on the show is very, very dead. We're not sure if Dario knows this, or if it was his plan all along.

I'd guess that Dario was colluding with the councilman to use the gauntlet wearer to gain power, and he won't be too pleased with Cage splattering his friend's brains all over the walls.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I'd guess that Dario was colluding with the councilman to use the gauntlet wearer to gain power, and he won't be too pleased with Cage splattering his friend's brains all over the walls.

Maybe! Or maybe Dario didn't like a middleman between himself and the Limo Mystery Man, so Councilman Delgado had to go

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Finally caught up with the new episodes. I'm loving the over the top promo packages for Mysterio/Mundo. I chuckled when the narrator mentioned Johnny Mundo coming from "a televised competition, where he proved he was just the right amount of tough".

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i'm here to say that cobra moon is actually good and her match against delilah doom at inspire on sunday ruled. i don't know if it's just she's improved ten fold in the off season, or was just used wrong because i don't know much about her prior to LU.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
I'm gonna guess she's improved considerably, as it's been more than a year since currently airing episodes were taped, and probably about 18 months since Kobra Moon worked an actual match in LU.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Crane v Killshot was freaking insane. Tournament's a bit of a bust so far, but there's amazing matches so far and round 2+ are looking great.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Nehru the Damaja posted:

He'll be the least likeable character on the show and the plotline about his stupid kid being abducted will universally be recognized as LU's shark jumping moment.

And then he'll kill off every character everyone likes for no apparent reason just to be shocking and edgy.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

So who the crap is Son of Madness?

e: Oh this might be in poor taste.

Xerzes fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.