Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

https://goo.gl/photos/9ADTL1YYZ7sRMRhu8

Good morning, world!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
So I got a new kitten, and he is finally a kitten stubborn enough to not be afraid of my scaredy-cat existing cat, Roscoe, who started out hissing at him repeatedly before begrudgingly deciding to play. Now they sleep next to each other and chase each other through the house like total morons.

He is about 4 months old, and eats like a vacuum cleaner.

What I don't have is a good name for him. The foster called him Taz, because like the Tasmanian Devil of ancient myth he likes to spin around and get into loving everything.

Our previous orange cat was named Julius, so we're obviously open to vaguely-racist pun names about their personal appearance.

Please throw out some ideas for names. Let's say whoever wins gets an avatar cert?

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
This cat seems like a Dyson imo

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
Is my cat orange enough for the thread.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Please throw out some ideas for names. Let's say whoever wins gets an avatar cert?

Moore.

Nacho.

Reno.

Saturio.

Flint.

Tuscaloo.

Rochester.

I picked these names after Googling for "famous tornadoes"!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Macro the not-quite-brave on his first day home. Orange cats are the best :3: He's 4, literally rescued by the RSPCA from an actual crazy catwoman who had dozens of cats in a 1-bedroom flat. He's had quite enough of other cats and is very happy so far.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I like his white socks and cravat, what a snappy dresser :3:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

He's adjusting much faster than I expected, by midnight he was mewing at me to let him out of the bathroom, and he's been happily staking out the entire flat making sure I'm not far away. I suspect other kitties know he's here and taunting him through the back window because he meows there (there's a grey and white tabby who regularly checks me out); all the local flats have outside kitties and it will be hard for my kitty to deal with being an indoor one at first.

Here he is pointedly ignoring my cat tree and claiming his spot. He calmed down when rap was on tv, I think he likes it.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
There's a group of mostly black-and-white cats on my block that I call the Tuxedo Gang. My orange cat Oscar talks to them a lot from inside my house, usually right after I feed him canned food. I think he's taunting them.

Lately they've been leaving me presents, like a squirrel... well, the head, tail and spine of one. I also got the tail feathers of a blue jay at my front door. They nap in my front yard through the day so maybe they're paying rent.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Clearly they've been told about the canned food and wish to negotiate a trade.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Or they are trying to set up a protection racket. I'm not going to tell you what to do but maybe you should leave a can of tuna on the porch before something unfortunate happens.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Come outttt and playyyyy.

Savings Clown
May 7, 2007

We all float down here

Should I proceed, y/n?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It's a trap, although mine has no problem if I'm doing it while holding them like a big furry baby.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
This is D.B. Cooper. He is 20 pounds of concentrated napping. D.B. enjoys sleeping on the windowsill and not being harassed by Susan Papaya, my new kitten. D.B. spends a lot of his time nowadays being unable to enjoy himself.

Here we can see him on the counter, which is one of the only spaces in the apartment that Susan is unable to reach (Yet. give it a month or two and I'm sure her vertical will improve). I believe he is trying to tell me that I am a motherfucker, the kitten sucks, and that unless I give him treats he will wake me up at 3am every night this week. I gave him treats.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He looks like a pro catte. Please do post photos of the kitten even if it's not orange

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Here's Susan Papaya (named from the humane society). It's very difficult to get her to stand still for even a moment, so this is her in the morning after attacking my feet. Susan also thinks that she can go toe-to-toe with D.B. Cooper, despite weighing all of like 4 pounds and DB being five times that. At one point I saw D.B. just sort of fall on her and pin her to the ground. She's very much still in 'full-kitten-retard' mode.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

D.B. can fly in my plane anytime :3:

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Funnily enough, he loves traveling. My prior cat detested car rides and would whine constantly until he was let out of his carrier, then he would ball up on my lap and refuse to move, look around, or generally do anything but remain perfectly still for however long the car ride was. D.B. not so much, he's happy int he carrier and won't complain, but let him out and he's basically a dog. He pushes his face right up against the window and meows at other cars, cows, pedestrians, everything. Whenever I have to move my cat carrier he gets all excited.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
My little orange friend is very sick.

I get her bloodwork back in the morning. :ohdear:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Oh man, that's a miserable wait. Good luck.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Cuchulain posted:

best wishes and kitty cuddles :smith:

Omelette or yin yang symbol, dealers choice.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Cuchulain posted:

My little orange friend is very sick.

Get well orange friend

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

Get well orange friend

She's gonna be ok!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Cuchulain posted:

She's gonna be ok!

:unsmith: hug your kitties each and every one.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Your vet bills were really expensive Alex. You want to get a job to help pay them?

Didn't think so.

Still worth it.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Yay for happy and healthy cats!

My big orange dude Oscar had a urinary blockage about this time last year but recovered and has been healthy ever since.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Hello all, I have recently acquired an orange cat. His name is Chester.

Obligatory picture, I do not know how to get a bbcode link on mobile:
https://imgur.com/a/luWim

We adopted him from the city shelter and took him for a checkup wherein he tested positive for FIV. He's otherwise healthy and happy so we're not too worried. Little fella came to us declawed and hates other cats so he'll be an inside only single cat so there's no risk of him spreading the virus.

Should we get health insurance for him? Or will all the insurance companies see he's FIV+ and go "lol no"?

Ratzinc
Aug 14, 2004

MY BALLS ARE THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUITS
The fastest cat in the world, Rocket

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Love the moody '60's album cover kitty :3:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ratzinc posted:

:objection:

That so-called "fastest cat" is clearly visible and stationary in both photos.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

skaboomizzy posted:

Yay for happy and healthy cats!

My big orange dude Oscar had a urinary blockage about this time last year but recovered and has been healthy ever since.

We don't quite have the same cat, but I think we might have the same couch.

e: ugh imgur ate my picture, here's a new one

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jul 3, 2017

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Pebble wearing pants.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Tara

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Oh man... is that belly a trap?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Blackchamber posted:

Oh man... is that belly a trap?

Never a trap.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

SpannerX posted:

Never a trap.

Literally *always* a trap, but it must be sprung.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

My current desktop wallpaper is a photo of Geki looking very mysterious and beautiful. She's such a good girl.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Pink nose. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Ratzinc posted:

also the most hardcore of cats, if he's bringing home baby alligators as prezzies for you