Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Palpek posted:

The artist's name is Filip Hodas, here's some more:

This didn't get near enough love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's a mishmash of two disparate things that don't make sense together

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

McSpanky posted:

Yeah, those are all awesome.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

It's a mishmash of two disparate things that don't make sense together

It's called art :smuggo:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Only video games are art, this is close though

al-azad
May 28, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

Kirby hasn't had many games that could be called bad but he sure has had a lot that were just sorta okay.

Kirby is the character Nintendo uses for good prototypes they can't develop with any other character. Yoshi is the character Nintendo uses for prototypes too underdeveloped for Kirby.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

McSpanky posted:

i think the first one is pretty cool, i could see some rich fucker actually building that as a joke to satellite photographers, but the rest were like :confused:

al-azad posted:

Kirby is the character Nintendo uses for good prototypes they can't develop with any other character. Yoshi is the character Nintendo uses for prototypes too underdeveloped for Kirby.

tetris attack is not a prototype blasphemer

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wasn't a fan of kirby tilt n tumble, I think it just didn't come out at a good time to really gel with the available tech of the time. Playing a game that required you to move the game system around on a system where the screen was difficult to see if you moved it at odd angles was less than ideal. That combined with having to flip the game to jump, meaning you could jump but then you might die while trying to blindly readjust yourself was annoying as hell.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Disturbing Artworks Reflecting Modern Society

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

The White Dragon posted:

i think the first one is pretty cool, i could see some rich fucker actually building that as a joke to satellite photographers, but the rest were like :confused:

Guys, it's art.

Not like, blueprints for stuff. Not a suggestion. Not a photoshop to trick people into thinking that it's a photograph of something real.

It's just art.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

As an artist, confusion and apathy are legitimate responses to art.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Since when has art needed to make sense? Those are great.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They're real well done.

But..
Why video game icons? Why video game icons as buildings? Why video game icons as buildings in some post-apocalyptic landscape? So random!

And while we're on the subject, why does a flower make Mario shoot fireballs? Doesn't make sense

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

They're real well done.

But..
Why video game icons? Why video game icons as buildings? Why video game icons as buildings in some post-apocalyptic landscape? So random!

And while we're on the subject, why does a flower make Mario shoot fireballs? Doesn't make sense

It's a pun. The Japanese word for fireworks is hanabi which literally means fire flower.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I just realized that I never posted a video of the Titus Andronicus song I was talking about making in GH some time ago now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxdF42ETvY8

Well, here it is! I let the bot play it because I'm incredibly bad at alternate strumming :d

Lesson learned: Don't do songs that are this long because doing a chart for an 8 minute song is excruciating.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

al-azad posted:

It's a pun. The Japanese word for fireworks is hanabi which literally means fire flower.

Hah, that's great. I learned something new about Mario 32 drat years after I first got Super Mario Bros.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Jay Rust posted:

They're real well done.

But..

The White Dragon posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrealism

Yeah, the guy isn't Dali or Ernst, they're just some neat renderings but the concept is old as hell and is actually completely embraced by gaming. Why do mushrooms walk, it doesn't make any sense...

Palpek fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jul 4, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Does anyone know what thread I'm supposed to post in if I want to trade steam summer sale cards?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

I just realized that I never posted a video of the Titus Andronicus song I was talking about making in GH some time ago now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxdF42ETvY8

Well, here it is! I let the bot play it because I'm incredibly bad at alternate strumming :d

Lesson learned: Don't do songs that are this long because doing a chart for an 8 minute song is excruciating.

I know the guys in that band. They were weird cool guys growing up.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/882222757039288321

Well hello

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Quest For Glory II posted:

i dont have persona 5 but i'm expecting when all is said and done to prefer TMS #FE. having not played either. it's just a hunch

who could possibly care

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my brother in law who works at arkane might become my brother in law that works at bungie so everyone go buy *checks writing on hand* density 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Was he prey or d2?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Xbox fan with highest Gamerscore goes on honeymoon, loses top spot after 11 years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

both of those guys are epic

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Cowcaster posted:

my brother in law who works at arkane might become my brother in law that works at bungie so everyone go buy *checks writing on hand* density 2

Your sibling is remarrying?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cowcaster posted:

If he worked on prey you might want to consider severing

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ditty bout my clitty posted:

If he worked on prey you might want to consider severing
:chloe:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
:aatrek:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Prey is great

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Almost as great as fallout 4, if fallout 4 had even lazier enemy design

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Almost as great as fallout 4, if fallout 4 had even lazier enemy design

Takes hotter than the sun itt

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Drama worthy of Shakespeare.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

"Guinness World Record holder for Xbox Gamerscore"

Guinness nobody gives a gently caress about your dumbass record books anymore, just keep making awesome beer.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Think of all the poo poo you have to go play and wade through to get that high a Achievement/Trophy Count.

Like I'm just proud of my few rare/hard cheevos like clearing RE4 on the hardest difficulty, Seven Day Survivor in Dead Rising and all VR missions in MGS2. Well, maybe proud isn't the right word I guess.

I also 100% both Sonic Adventure games when they were ported over to last generation's consoles and while I got all the A ranks legit, I recall that I used well-known glitch to beef up my Chao quickly to get those Chao-related emblems done with in a reasonable amount of time.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

McSpanky posted:

"Guinness World Record holder for Xbox Gamerscore"

Guinness nobody gives a gently caress about your dumbass record books anymore, just keep making awesome beer.

Woah

This is like realizing the company in charge of restaurant star ratings also makes tires

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The book was invented as a promotional tool for settling bar bets.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

Drama worthy of Shakespeare.

I wonder how many times he mentioned that he's the guy with the highest gamerscore on xbox when he was on dates.

Maybe his dates were gamerscore groupies?

Nothing helps your attraction more than telling people you've collected all the bananas in donkey kong

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Just like how Michelin started rating restaurants as a guide for travelers driving around the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Wamdoodle posted:

Takes hotter than the sun itt

July Games Chat: You'll Pay For the Whole Seat, You're Gonna Need the Whole Seat

• Locked thread