Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
you're all going down
like Brent Barry's ex-wife on Tony Parker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Can't wait to lowball my way through the superstars and then late in the game offer up $170 for Kyle Lowry or something.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Akbar posted:

Can't wait to lowball my way through the superstars and then late in the game offer up $170 for Kyle Lowry or something.

i mean that's basically what the raptors did so

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
I can't wait to get started by bidding $175 on the first two-time All Star player I see on the list on the first day!

I like the idea of also ranking teams on the 3 year timeline as well - probably halfway thru the bidding process about half the teams won't have much of a chance to assemble a winning team for this year, so it gives them (let's be honest, me as well) something to work towards. I'd happily take the consolation prize of finishing 7th in the "3 year team" rankings when I finish 24th in the "1 year team" rankings.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Reminder: Day 1 players are going to be up tomorrow.

Digger you have until midnight EST (around 2 hours from now) to check in or I'll be looking for a replacement.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'll play if you guys still need one

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I really wish Dokmo was running a team for that perspective. But this looks like a lot of fun and I will be F5ing tomorrow.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'll also just take Digger's spot cus I'm way more active on these forums and you know I'll be around to sperg out

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Doltos posted:

I'll play if you guys still need one

Sweet, okay you're the last participant. Digger, if you see this and you still want to be part of a team I will see who is willing to have a co-GM. Sorry, just have to keep this running as smoothly as possible.

The players who you guys won will be posted each night around 10 PM or whenever I get all of the lists first. I'll have my e-mail in the OP as well as on each day's post so those without PM's can message me.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'll be GMing from the beach tomorrow, who am I most like in the league

good luck to everyone

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
For my first move as current GM for the Atlanta Hawks I am putting my team on the trading block for any other franchise

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
:siren: Also I'm changing the times a bit. I'll be posting lists anywhere from 7 AM EST to 1 PM EST just depending on my schedule. Today I should have it up pretty early.

Deadline to send your lists in each day will be at 9 PM EST instead of 10 PM EST. Day 1 it will still be at 10 PM because I changed it suddenly, but any day after that is going to be bumped down an hour. :siren:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
$5000 on Chris Copeland

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Doltos posted:

For my first move as current GM for the Atlanta Hawks I am putting my team on the trading block for any other franchise

I'll trade you the Sacramento Kings for the Atlanta Hawks. They're both kinda middling to pathetic franchises, but Atlanta is the only big American city I've been in for more than an hour or two, so I'll take it.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Reminders:

Send me a list of your bids via private messages or email: Commuziq@gmail.com. The current day's players will be posted here and in the OP.

• You are not required to bid on any players each day as long as you finish with 15 by the end of the draft. If you decide not to bid on a particular day, please message me and let me know. Also I would be so grateful if everybody would include their team name somewhere in the email or message for ease.
  • Judging will be based on the ability to win this year but also in the near future (next 2-3 years). So, sustained winning.
  • Everybody has a max spending limit of $286 currently of your complete draft total of $300. Spend wisely. There are 18 days of players and an extra two days to finish your roster. Being too aggressive or too frugal may screw your team. But hey, there's trades that can be made, so you're not completely hosed if that ends up happening. I will only accept your first PM sent to me with your bids each day.
  • Your bids are due tonight at 10 PM EST and bids will be revealed at that point. Every day following today they will be due at 9 PM EST.
  • Players not bid on by anybody will re-enter a pool on the 19th and 20th days.
  • Have fun~

JaMychal Green
    Myles Turner
    Demetrius Jackson
    Allen Crabbe
    Delon Wright
    Patricio Garino
    Joe Ingles
    Rudy Gay
    Nik Stauskas
    Jeremy Lin
    Julius Randle
    D.J. Wilson
    Raul Neto
    Udonis Haslem
    Zach Collins
    Dewayne Dedmon
    Josh Hart
    Briante Weber
    Blake Griffin
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
    Ricky Rubio
    Chinanu Onuaku
    Johnny O'Bryant
    Brandon Knight
    Thomas Bryant
    Andre Drummond
    Thaddeus Young

Good luck and happy bidding!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

That is somehow simultaneously the best and worst possible list for day one

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Who the gently caress is Patricio Garino? Seriously.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tanglewood1420 posted:

Who the gently caress is Patricio Garino? Seriously.

Bet a dollar and find out!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

how could you do this to me

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I sent in my bids and I'm nervous.

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

$300 is a tricky amount of money to deal with because it seems like it would be so easy to spend too much.

Can't wait for Lebron to show up on Day 18 and have a highest bid of $5.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I'm low balling everything. Or am I? You'll never know until I win Patricio Garino for only $100.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't know what to do

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The OP posted:

- Each GM will only be allowed to submit one bid per day. That official bid can be for as many players as that GM would like to sign but only the first submitted bid will be accepted.

To clarify - I read this as I can submit in my PM bids for multiple players, but even if I am the highest bidder on more than one player I would only win one auction and get one player. If I am the highest bidder on more than one player, how is it decided which one I win? The one I bid more money on? Or the order they are listed in the PM/Email? Or some other factor?

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

tanglewood1420 posted:

To clarify - I read this as I can submit in my PM bids for multiple players, but even if I am the highest bidder on more than one player I would only win one auction and get one player. If I am the highest bidder on more than one player, how is it decided which one I win? The one I bid more money on? Or the order they are listed in the PM/Email? Or some other factor?

I think that means you can't change your bid after it's submitted, but you can submit bids for as many players as you want.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
Immediate regret hit me after I sent my bid but ah well, if I overpay for Onuaku, so be it.

It's hard being a smaller market team :(

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

ScooterMcTiny posted:

I think that means you can't change your bid after it's submitted, but you can submit bids for as many players as you want.

Oh yeah I get that. Just querying what happens if I bid $120 for Udonis Haslem but also $95 for Briante Webber and am the top bidder for both, how is decided which player I would get?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

tanglewood1420 posted:

Oh yeah I get that. Just querying what happens if I bid $120 for Udonis Haslem but also $95 for Briante Webber and am the top bidder for both, how is decided which player I would get?

Both, I don't see anything in the rules that indicates otherwise

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cool Buff Man posted:

Both, I don't see anything in the rules that indicates otherwise

That's how I read it as well.

Which is kind of interesting if you want one of two guys that would fill the same role on your team and accidentally win them both.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Bid smart lest you end up with a full team of spanish point guards!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tanglewood1420 posted:

You get every player you bid for and win, no exceptions.

Unless it brings you over $300.

Hearing someone worry that they are overpaying for Chinanu Onuaku makes me feel like I am going to get exactly 0 players today.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

actually this would own

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Aha! Thanks for clearing that up then guys. My poor comprehension, I thought for some reason you could only win one player per day.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

just don't take a team photo unless you're ready for some bad PR

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

BWV posted:

just don't take a team photo unless you're ready for some bad PR

Also they can expect to do great at the special olympics.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Man that's one heck of a list for day one. I like a lot of players on there (or do i???) but it's day one.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Here's hoping I win a player

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
what happens if we misspell a player's name? that seems pretty likely with this group. Nobody is gonna win Douglas McDermot

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Here's hoping everyone sent in bids lower than mine on the players I want (and higher on the players I kinda regret putting in bids on).

And also I assume the winning bids will be posted daily? Or just who got the player? A lot of auction strategy is seeing how players are being valued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

My team building strategy will change Day to day, but ultimately will be cohesive

• Locked thread