Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

People really call them vagina bones???

They know thats the pelvis right? Who am I kidding, we're dealing with American education.

It's a dumb 4chan post from half a decade ago beaten into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
So what you're saying is that it's only gotten worse. Which kind of explains most nexus mods now that you think about it.

Sam Hall
Jun 29, 2003

Not bad but he shoulda borrowed the skeleton + rig from that one wobbly bendy demon tail axe.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Things are getting really unwholesome here. Found just the mods to fix that.

FFX-2 mods that actually add more clothes to the characters. Best one is this one though.

Less revealing for Lulu means just giving her a bra.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Wow it's like a funimation censor trip.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
That's actually a vast improvement over the original. Nomura's clothing designs are terrible.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
In all honesty I do agree. The costume (and some character) designs in X and X-2 are bad, and not even from the fanservice angle.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Screaming Idiot posted:

That's actually a vast improvement over the original. Nomura's clothing designs are terrible.

For a guy whose entire job it is to design characters, he seems to struggle at creating characters that don't look like a parody.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Testekill posted:

For a guy whose entire job it is to design characters, he seems to struggle at creating characters that don't look like a parody.

Maybe they are a parody. Do we know for sure he actually LIKES the Final Fantasy series?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Maybe they are a parody. Do we know for sure he actually LIKES the Final Fantasy series?

The worlds in Final Fantasy games got kind of ridiculous after a point. They've always been fairly ridiculous. Maybe he just decided the clothes should be ridiculous as well.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Nomura is sort of an interesting case in that his designs were more or less normal during the PS1 Era but something about the Playstation 2 just broke his brain and sent him into full-blown "Dress Made of Belts!" insanity.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Jagged Jim posted:

Nomura is sort of an interesting case in that his designs were more or less normal during the PS1 Era but something about the Playstation 2 just broke his brain and sent him into full-blown "Dress Made of Belts!" insanity.

At least belt-dress was entirely made out of spite towards the modellers, how do you explain whatever the hell it is that Tidus is wearing.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Testekill posted:

At least belt-dress was entirely made out of spite towards the modellers, how do you explain whatever the hell it is that Tidus is wearing.

Homosexuality so repressed, it's spurting out at 1000 PSI.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Testekill posted:

At least belt-dress was entirely made out of spite towards the modellers

Wait, really?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It was intended as a challenge to the animators, in particular the ones doing the pre-rendered scenes.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Kavak posted:

Wait, really?
If I recall right, the story was that Nomura designed the interlocking-belt-dress thing as a challenge to the CGI team to see if they could get the pattern right in every cutscene.
The CGI team apparently met this challenge by not doing it. The only time her belt dress is shown in detail is when she's first introduced. Afterwards she's only seen from the waist up, from behind, at such a distance that you couldn't see any details, etc.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Testekill posted:

Intended to be a lot more disheveled than what got into the actual game.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
It still looks retarded. I mean, what even is that thing? A buckled, zippered apron? Mismatching bandage-socks? A half-hoodie?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's just lederhosen. You know, for swimming.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Nomura designed a Batman once:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bahamautman.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
That's definitely not a bat, and i'm not even sure it's a man.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
He looks like a really lovely Orbital Frame from Zone of the Enders, like Shinkawa let his kid design one and had to put it in something

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot. In order to make them fear me, I must resort to theatrics." *twenty-minute summoning animation with intricate glowing glyphs and sigils and crystalline bats and J-Pop blasting in the background*

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

I Have No Mouth and I Must *Transformers noises*

khy
Aug 15, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Intended to be a lot more disheveled than what got into the actual game.

There's so many things that stand out as beyond ridiculous about this image but for some reason I always fixate on the fact that he one of his 'sock bands' or whatever the gently caress they are is incredibly loose while the other is skin-tight.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Imagine trying to take a piss while wearing that fuckin dangly red thing

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

You're sure that's not a Spawn?

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
Front page of the SSE nexus this month every month.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXd6u9o6dYY

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Jagged Jim posted:

I mean it's no different than the greeble vomit things that western developers STILL can't get through their heads is NOT a good idea.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sam Hall posted:

Not bad but he shoulda borrowed the skeleton + rig from that one wobbly bendy demon tail axe.

Well it is called the Penetrator, not the Slapper.

khy posted:

There's so many things that stand out as beyond ridiculous about this image but for some reason I always fixate on the fact that he one of his 'sock bands' or whatever the gently caress they are is incredibly loose while the other is skin-tight.

I like the radial tire oversocks. Just imagining him getting dressed in the morning with his asymmetric 27-piece adventuring chestless (not open-chested, it just loving stops at his sternum) semi-sleeveless nine-layered zippercoat and tattered pantlets has put me into giggling hysteria.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

People really call them vagina bones???

They know thats the pelvis right? Who am I kidding, we're dealing with American education.

The tweet became a meme because of how dumb and ridiculous it was, nobody actually calls it that

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Outside of jokes about the tweet, they're talking about bones in the skeletal animation sense, so basically points of reference for transformations on a model's geometry.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Plus the real bones they were concerned about were the vagina dentata.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

:nws:Skyrim modding.png:nws:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: (Unnerved, Exhausted Sigh)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

He speaks for us all

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

McSpanky posted:

Well it is called the Penetrator, not the Slapper.

I like the radial tire oversocks. Just imagining him getting dressed in the morning with his asymmetric 27-piece adventuring chestless (not open-chested, it just loving stops at his sternum) semi-sleeveless nine-layered zippercoat and tattered pantlets has put me into giggling hysteria.

To me as well, the funniest part about any ridiculous costume. Like how do you even put it on?

*Anime hero saves day*
:sparkles: how did you do it?
:kamina: I put my 23 strapped half duster on one buckle at a time, just like anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Jagged Jim posted:

The one that I remember someone pointing out is Donald's outfit from Kingdom Hearts.

It doesn't look that bad at first, but on closer inspection, you ask yourself "Why does Donald have a zipper on his hat?"