Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I would be more open if she didn't have the hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Her headgear is part of the package, it's also great as is Summer Marie.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
That is a sin, you are a sinner.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I do appreciate how they've been making more efforts in FGO and such to think of ways Berserkers can be crazy other than copying the "mindless roaring" schtick Hercules had in FSN. Characters like Nightingale or Spartacus are more interesting.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm sorry, beanbag chairs simply aren't hats.

It's just wrong.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Rodyle posted:

It's just wrong.

You're wrong.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wish Marie had an NP animation that isn't terrible.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeah, maybe they'll update her animations in the JP version, but who knows. A lot of other servants can use an update because they're kind of using the same animation and sound effects like Hans, Shakespeare, Martha, Carmilla, Mata Hari, and Marie.

Oh and Caster Gilles, but ehn

Compendium fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jul 5, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

medea escaped the generic spell animationset. there's hope for the rest of them.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm not sure if it's confirmation bias but I can almost feel the animations getting better as I leave Orleans. Lotta shared movesets in these early/cheap servants.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

I'm not sure if it's confirmation bias but I can almost feel the animations getting better as I leave Orleans. Lotta shared movesets in these early/cheap servants.

IIRC back when the game first shipped almost everybody used the same basic bunch of movesets. Most servants they've added since have been upgraded, and they keep going back through the first batch and reworking them a few at a time.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
They should rework Lily's animations. OG and Alter Saber have already gotten a reworking, so it just feels mean to leave her out in the cold like that, even if she's not a terribly widely-used Servant.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah it's really obvious when you compare stuff like Spartacus/Leonidas to the new Cu Chulainn/Emiya so it's cool they're doing that.

I'd be further into the storyline but I got distracted by dailies to try and chain rank-ups for more AP, so yeah I guess this game got me pretty good. :v:

Sylphid posted:

They should rework Lily's animations. OG and Alter Saber have already gotten a reworking, so it just feels mean to leave her out in the cold like that, even if she's not a terribly widely-used Servant.
Saber Lily is my girl and I love her. Nothing to do with the fact she's my only Saber

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Marie is in fact the best and I'm sad I haven't rolled her.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The character designs in FGO do seem to be really hit or miss, and the incongruity of some of them is such that they don't mesh all that well in the story cutscenes sometimes (Marie and Mozart talking being the most obvious case so far). I've yet to find one I disliked as much as Jack though Ushiwakamaru could be a lot better.

Currently I'm in "farming pieces" hell, since I need 5 of every class to ascend Jeanne twice. I kind of want to just plug through Septem and get it over with to have some more quartz for Gilgamesh but it'd be foolish to not take advantage of the duel dailies today to get some Caster/Berserker/Assassin pieces.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I feel like part of the reason Marie hasn't got an animation update is due to Taneda Risa still being MIA and they usually change/add voice clips when they update now.

And I'd be legit upset if they dared to change vive la france

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bakanogami posted:

I do appreciate how they've been making more efforts in FGO and such to think of ways Berserkers can be crazy other than copying the "mindless roaring" schtick Hercules had in FSN. Characters like Nightingale or Spartacus are more interesting.

Penthesilea is most of the time really reasonable if only somewhat haughty but she goes loving nuts when seeing a Greek Hero

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Rodyle posted:

It's just wrong.
Please face Reality.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Extella coming to PC in 3 weeks, same release day as the Switch version.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Overlord K posted:

I feel like part of the reason Marie hasn't got an animation update is due to Taneda Risa still being MIA and they usually change/add voice clips when they update now.

And I'd be legit upset if they dared to change vive la france

They changed Drake's awesome screaming. :smith:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Plutonis posted:

Extella coming to PC in 3 weeks, same release day as the Switch version.
I really wish the Warriors game was set in the regular Fate world or some kind of mashup of it, I dislike the Extra setting. :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think they've said extella 2 will be fate/grand order based? or at least they announced it during a fate/grand order broadcast. not to mention f/go is so popular that a warriors game based on it would make way more money

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I think the near future earth setting of Extra is interesting and has a lot of potential. The problem is that none of the games ever explore any of that potential because they all take place entirely inside the Moon Cell.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nyaa posted:

Please face Reality.

Man I have spent an inordinate amount of time staring at every faction and player in and around Paris from the calling of the estates to brumere, I know man

design aside I think she and Sanson are powerfully uninteresting, Mozart is a bit better but his design is way worse :geno:

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Endorph posted:

i think they've said extella 2 will be fate/grand order based? or at least they announced it during a fate/grand order broadcast. not to mention f/go is so popular that a warriors game based on it would make way more money

This would be great. I like the Extra setting enough but GO's setting is basically limitless and has an excuse to include any servant ever. It'd be the Warriors Orochi of Fate. Plus Drake is fairly important in her chapter and might get included so that's a big plus.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Yeah, unless you want to go all super wacky time like CCC, there's really not much more that could be done in the EXTRA series at this point. I wish we knew a little more about it, other than it exists in some form, but the odds of it being pretty heavily related to Grand Order I think are pretty drat good.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Extra's world lost its magic, so there's almost nothing supernatural or interesting in earth.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Sylphid posted:

Yeah, unless you want to go all super wacky time like CCC, there's really not much more that could be done in the EXTRA series at this point.
Extra's Earth is already halfway to being a Land of Steel so they could finally go and give us some real Notes-based content. :v:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Fate/Apocrypha: I like the look of Mighty Morphin' Power Mordred. I also hope she can contract with another master after that grizzled biker gang mage eats it, because there's no way in hell that guy is the main character of a Fate show.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rangpur posted:

Fate/Apocrypha: I like the look of Mighty Morphin' Power Mordred. I also hope she can contract with another master after that grizzled biker gang mage eats it, because there's no way in hell that guy is the main character of a Fate show.

I seem to recall that they're the Alex and Waver of this story. Only, y'know, role-reversed.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Rangpur posted:

:allears:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Well I wouldn't mind being proven wrong. :v:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Rodyle posted:

design aside I think she and Sanson are powerfully uninteresting, Mozart is a bit better but his design is way worse :geno:

Powerfully uninteresting is a label that belongs to Boudica

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Compendium posted:

Powerfully uninteresting is a label that belongs to Boudica

I haven't met her in-game yet, beyond card pulls.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Is book-carrying mage/apprentice a guy or a girl, also when do they become a master I liked them

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GodFish posted:

Is book-carrying mage/apprentice a guy or a girl, also when do they become a master I liked them

Guy and yes (not in this series)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Isn't he Berserker's master from Strange Fake?

Been awhile since I've taken a peek at that manga.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's Flats, yeah. Read Strange Fake if you wanna see more of him.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

He's an extremely talented magus but has some, uh, personality quirks. He also made Waver seriously regret keeping him around as a student, not least of which because he's the one responsible for screwing up Waver's reprogramming of Volumen Hydrargyrum by showing it Terminator 2 while it was still being worked on. Now Waver has a liquid mercury maid that occasionally goes on rampages believing it's a killer robot from the future. :v:

No, none of this should show up in Apocrypha, because they have absolutely nothing to do with the events (just a neat cameo since the opening was in the Clock Tower).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's impressive that Fate/SF manages to make Flat being a super ditzy chump its own kind of horrifying concept