Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I usually just wake up for work, log in and put in a 40 AP quest and then shut off after entering battle. It's the quickest way to store in extra AP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
What's the best daily/route to getting the 2nd Ascension on my Vlad?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The RNG gods have finally granted me the pieces for Jeanne's first ascension :toot: I guess I should still go at this daily a few more times today though because I'll need those pieces for Cu and Robin, eventually.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MotU posted:

Can't be done. You can get one of the reverse scales from Fafnir during Orleans, but the only other drops are in Babylonia and in the daily quests we don't have yet.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MotU posted:

For scales it's got to be grinding the 30AP Friday monster hunting. For Berserker pieces theoretically the Appian Way Free Quest might give you better rates than the Wednesday duels, but I'm not sure anyone knows for certain.

Vengarr posted:

Can't be done. You can get one of the reverse scales from Fafnir during Orleans, but the only other drops are in Babylonia and in the daily quests we don't have yet.

The dragon at the end of Four Warriors Monster Hunting should be able to drop them?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Vengarr posted:

oh, cirnopedia said it dropped from the Friday materials daily advanced, welpo

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MotU posted:

oh, cirnopedia said it dropped from the Friday materials daily advanced, welpo

Right, forgot about that guy. He'll do.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Goddamn why are statues so annoying to farm.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Because we currently have the bad version of the mat farming dailies.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Ended up starting this after hearing a lot of people talk about this. I rerolled for a while before I got tired of rerolling, so I ended up sticking with an Emiya and Kaleidoscope pull I got. Something I'm wondering is if I should prioritize the dailies or the plot stuff.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Vengarr posted:

At least you can say this is the worst it can possibly get--

:shepface:
Whales on that level have basically got to be bored 1%-ers right?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vengarr posted:

You'll have to forgive any mistakes here because I'm a dumb liberal arts major, but I believe that on average, it would take 500 spins of the Gacha to get 5x of a 5* Servant (assuming you were cursed to only draw a particular 5*). This would cost $880 dollars using the most cost-efficient purchase in the store. And that just gives you the opportunity to start acquiring Blank Saint Graphs. Again, assuming you were cursed to only draw a particular 5*, getting 91 BSG after this point would take 9,100 rolls on average, or 27,300 Saint Quartz, or $15,600 dollars. You could buy a loving car.

In real terms it would naturally take much more than that, since your odds of drawing any particular 5* Servant are only 1/5. You'd inevitably max out most of your 5* Servants before you really started getting Blank Saint Graphs in sizeable numbers. And this is from the JPN server, where there are many more 5* Servants than on NA--your odds of drawing duplicates of a Servant you already have 5 duplicates of are much lower there. We're talking down payment on a house, here.

At least you can say this is the worst it can possibly get--

:shepface:
http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/comic_page_02.php?chapter=74#nav

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Alard posted:

Ended up starting this after hearing a lot of people talk about this. I rerolled for a while before I got tired of rerolling, so I ended up sticking with an Emiya and Kaleidoscope pull I got. Something I'm wondering is if I should prioritize the dailies or the plot stuff.

I'd recommend dailies starting out since it's pretty easy to kickstart your servants to first ascension and boost your master level with those.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Reading these makes me real glad we can skip hasten the NP animations now.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Note that spending any significant time with the dailys will trivialise the story content, which may or may not be what you want.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Better to trivialize it instead of wasting 24 ap on a single battle.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

a kitten posted:

Reading these makes me real glad we can skip hasten the NP animations now.

How? I'm tired of hearing about Emiya's bone sword

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

How? I'm tired of hearing about Emiya's bone sword

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fAE56npKj4

Or maybe it was the battle speed settings? Both?

a kitten fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 4, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Looks like my punishment for getting Nero super quickly is four Mephistopheles :negative:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm being owned for abandoning NA. I have so many of those stupid black dusts there

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Ain't nothing owned about having Jalter.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Pierson posted:

Or literal gambling addicts. :smith:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Psiwri posted:

Ain't nothing owned about having Jalter.

DarkFact
Sep 8, 2003

Just as planned!
how often do they send out apples of any kind to replenish the AP? considering burning one when I have free time to blow through the story, but I don't know if I should wait more or whatever. I have like 68 AP now but it's effort to wait.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DarkFact posted:

how often do they send out apples of any kind to replenish the AP? considering burning one when I have free time to blow through the story, but I don't know if I should wait more or whatever. I have like 68 AP now but it's effort to wait.

Early on, not really outside events if i remember.

I think I had 2-300 on my JPN account before I gave it away and I didn't play that much. They became like Tamadra are in P&D right now, if that helps out :v:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I remember them being scarce when I first started FGO but at some point they started showing up like candy and now I have 200 of the things lying around.

By comparison I think I can count the number of lower ranked copper and silver apples I've seen on one hand.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think I used those the moment I got them to farm 40 AP without going over for some reason.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I thought they used to give out apples by the dozen after server downtimes then they held back a bit.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
How rare are grails? I see they drop at the end of each chapter, but do they typically show up in event rewards or exchange store? I am trying to decide between using them now or hoarding them for only the absolute best units.

Oh nevermind, it looks like we cant use them just yet? They have some hidden max level requirement? I am guessing max ascension?

Fenris13 fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 5, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Fenris13 posted:

How rare are grails? I see they drop at the end of each chapter, but do they typically show up in event rewards or exchange store? I am trying to decide between using them now or hoarding them for only the absolute best units.

Oh nevermind, it looks like we cant use them just yet? They have some hidden max level requirement? I am guessing max ascension?

You can only grail units that have reached their natural level maximum, yes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grails appear at the end of every singularity and at the end of several events, but never in exchange stores. Generally, events that have a major story focus and an actual map screen like a proper singularity drop them at the end, while ones that are just a menu of battles with some dialogue peppered in don't. You'll know the differences between those two when you see them.

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

Here's a poo poo ton of Vlads and a couple sabers:

Vlad, Elisabeth, Martha, Siegfried - BcYn3w8eNu
Altera, Martha - vJzQECX8tZ
Vlad, Imaginary Around, TamamoCat - 1562WhHu8D
Altria, Hercules, Lancelot - Rbp1Wuy76H
Vlad, Limited Zero Over, Siegfried - anKKvgGN5b
Altria, Emiya, Elisabeth, Atlante, Chevalier, Imaginary Around - ZVBRsw8tUu
Vlad, Imaginary Around, Limited Zero Over, Elisabeth - 7J6hXsEEdX
Altria, Carmilla - d5pkbZh9Fx
Vlad, Carmilla - mfqpjVTWjz
Waver, Emiya - kVvchXp9JT
Vlad, Hercules, TamamoCat - Hy7qCMU8wp

PW is 12345678

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Pureauthor posted:

ka-kin ka-ching

Edit: Although on the flipside if you're already going to whale that loving hard, who the hell could you conceivably still need to buy?

Event servants get added to the store during their event gacha. This means you can outright buy newly released servants if you've got the blank graphs to spare.

Pierson posted:

There's the story of that guy who used up all his money, used up his parents' money and then borrowed from the yakuza...

Kyte fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 5, 2017

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, having just finished up Septem and finally used a couple single target NPs I definitely understand why they rate higher than multi-target Busters. Level 50 Altera with two buffs does ~26k per target with triangle bonus, while my level 30 Robin got ~47k against a poisoned target with just one buff, not to mention what that friendly CuCu just pulled.

Back to grinding exp, until I actually need mats for a second ascension.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Is Romulus intended to praise the sun for an idle stance when you fight him at the capital with two pets or did something bug out?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Kyte posted:

There's the story of that guy who used up all his money, used up his parents' money and then borrowed from the yakuza...
yeah but did he get the drop

Question about Evade skills: The skill saying 'Times' rather than 'Turn' means (like for Caster Cu Chulainn) it'll only evade individual strikes, right? So an enemy that has a multi-hit attack can burn through the whole thing in like one Quick card animation?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Boudica's chest is mashing Mash.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Pierson posted:

yeah but did he get the drop

Question about Evade skills: The skill saying 'Times' rather than 'Turn' means (like for Caster Cu Chulainn) it'll only evade individual strikes, right? So an enemy that has a multi-hit attack can burn through the whole thing in like one Quick card animation?

It's actions, rather than attacks. A multi hit attack will still only count as a single action for the purposes of the dodge.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

Is Romulus intended to praise the sun for an idle stance when you fight him at the capital with two pets or did something bug out?

He does that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Tarezax posted:

It's actions, rather than attacks. A multi hit attack will still only count as a single action for the purposes of the dodge.
So he can tank three actions before the skill fades? That's baller as hell, thanks dude.