Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Captain Baal posted:

Edmond is popular as gently caress dude, what are you talking about?

All I saw were people mocking his art style and calling him Edgelord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was in the thread on release of the character, a year later he has an assload of fanart, people who spent a ton of money on him in his rerun and featured prominently in Shinjuku.

Also, Komatsuzaki's art style is pretty beloved even if it's obvious he has no idea how to design characters.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jul 5, 2017

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Where am I supposed to get the items to Ascend Jeanne? She needs so much.. :( I'm assuming these come from the Event quests? Is there a good way to know what drops when?

Totally unrelated question, once I've hit the button to pick my cards and attack, is there any way to back out so I can choose abilities or Master skills or something?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm pretty sure being an edgelord is a positive for the Avenger class, not a detriment.

And JAlter tries to be one. She tries so hard.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Avenger class can just be called Edgelord and it would still fit every servant in there, it's not an insult, it's an accurate assessment of what that class holds.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

New Leaf posted:

Totally unrelated question, once I've hit the button to pick my cards and attack, is there any way to back out so I can choose abilities or Master skills or something?

Nope. And that's not going to change.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Apparently resetting the app works? Dunno if people were just joking on that count.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Resetting the app will reset you to before clicking the attack option, yes. Any skills you applied though will have stuck.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Dantes is very cool and I love his weird Lovecraftian art because I'm also likely an edgelord :unsmith:

New Leaf posted:

Where am I supposed to get the items to Ascend Jeanne? She needs so much.. :( I'm assuming these come from the Event quests? Is there a good way to know what drops when?

I think she's likely the easiest one to push at the moment. I already see a few /90 on my friend list. As of next Friday a few Vlads might pop up if people (myself included) are lucky with dragon wing drops.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 5, 2017

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Schubalts posted:

All I saw were people mocking his art style and calling him Edgelord.

He's so edgelordy tryhard it comes off as endearing.

Same with Jeanne Alter post-Orleans, actually.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

She just needs pieces and later monuments, right? They'll all drop from the daily quests with "Duel" in their names. Tuesdays and Saturdays for the three "Knight" classes, Wednesdays and Sundays for the other four classes.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Dantes is great because he's secretly a giant literature nerd and is pleased when he learns about the author servants.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I really need to learn to hoard. Stupid sexy gacha.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

NRVNQSR posted:

She just needs pieces and later monuments, right? They'll all drop from the daily quests with "Duel" in their names. Tuesdays and Saturdays for the three "Knight" classes, Wednesdays and Sundays for the other four classes.

I keep getting Gold ones and not the Silver.. Do I need to be doing it at level 2 or level 3?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Decent interview, even if nothing earth shattering.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/882606555455143936

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

a kitten posted:

Decent interview, even if nothing earth shattering.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/882606555455143936

Fate related news!

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/5763-fate-extella-the-umbral-star-is-heading-to-steam-on-july-25

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I keep getting Gold ones and not the Silver.. Do I need to be doing it at level 2 or level 3?

I think the 30AP version still works out better even for the silver ones because that version has a guaranteed drop at the end? I haven't seen anyone confirm the maths on that one, though.

Of course pretty soon you'll definitely be glad you have the gold ones.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

New Leaf posted:

You just have to pray to the RNG gods. Eventually you'll need the gold ones later for her and others, anyway.

Story Servant battles seem to always drop silver pieces too, though not as much (i.e. at all) in the Free Mission versions.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Yeah, almost every main quest servant fight up to the end of Septem is guaranteed to drop the silver piece in their class. Drop rates on the free quest fights are much worse, but if you just want one specific class and the other drops from that level are usful to you they might be worth farming? I got acceptable results farming Thiers for Dragon Fangs and Berserker pieces.

DarkFact
Sep 8, 2003

Just as planned!
If in theory one was to reroll for Gilgamesh chances, will you still get the ridiculous amount of free quartz for a 30 roll at the beginning or was that a launch only opportunity?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

DarkFact posted:

If in theory one was to reroll for Gilgamesh chances, will you still get the ridiculous amount of free quartz for a 30 roll at the beginning or was that a launch only opportunity?

I think that continues through the rest of the month, the additional 20 from anime expo ends tomorrow or something.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Will all the beginner quartz be up tomorrow? Because if I don't get him in 30 rolls I'm rerolling

I wouldn't have used up my summon tickets if I knew gil was 3 days away

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
At first I was turned off by Dantes' art, but then I saw his animations and heard his laughter and started to like him. After realizing he was the dorky kind of edgy and reading some of his story/dialogue, he became one of my favorite husbands to come out of Grand Order.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
From what I heard, they're going to expand the localization team for GO. Are they going to address the existing gently caress-ups like Altria and Hapusburg or just roll with it?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

RanKizama posted:

From what I heard, they're going to expand the localization team for GO. Are they going to address the existing gently caress-ups like Altria and Hapusburg or just roll with it?

Altria is not a fuckup as far as TM and Aniplex is concerned.

As for the rest, probably. I really wish they'd find some way to include the ruby text.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Darn it, I will probably only get up to 150 quartzes and 9 tickets before Gil's rate up is gone. I guess I'll try my luck with what I have.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Note that Gilgamesh is one of the most common Limited Rate-Ups so if you think you haven't stockpiled enough you can wait until the next time his gacha rolls around for you to start trying to get him in earnest.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Pureauthor posted:

Altria is not a fuckup as far as TM and Aniplex is concerned.
Seriously? Since loving when? These clowns couldn't even be bothered to spell Elizabeth's name with a loving "z".

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

RanKizama posted:

Seriously? Since loving when?
Since its announcement. The translators' official position is "yeah, we know, but this is Type-Moon's decision and we can't change it". Presumably all of the names are going to work like that.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

RanKizama posted:

Seriously? Since loving when? These clowns couldn't even be bothered to spell Elizabeth's name with a loving "z".
It is the poor romanization from japanese. Since the dev already put out merchandise with that name, they want to perseve it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

RanKizama posted:

Since that's the name they slap on all her merchandise:

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So I've got the bond level of my Herc to level 5, and on the Profile page it says things like, "Bond Level 3 - God Hand Rank: B NP Type: Anti-Personnel, etc". Are these new skills/abilities that are available somewhere or just some sort of background story?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
So essentially it's a result of lovely romanization and they're just rolling with It? That's unfortunate.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Solkanar512 posted:

So I've got the bond level of my Herc to level 5, and on the Profile page it says things like, "Bond Level 3 - God Hand Rank: B NP Type: Anti-Personnel, etc". Are these new skills/abilities that are available somewhere or just some sort of background story?

Stuff in the profile is just lore/fluff so you know more about the Servant.

The God Hand thing in particular is because that was actually Heracles' active Noble Phantasm back in the original F/SN. He's supposed to be too insane as a Berserker to use a technique like Nine Lives in the first place, so his power was an inability to be hurt by any attack lower than A-rank, and 12 lives with adaptive protection so everytime he revives you can't kill him with the same weapon as a previous death.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

RanKizama posted:

So essentially it's a result of lovely romanization and they're just rolling with It? That's unfortunate.

Welcome to most mecha anime romanizations. It's how you get verniers suddenly becoming burnern or something pronounced Gallia in the show becoming Gallier.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Pureauthor posted:

Stuff in the profile is just lore/fluff so you know more about the Servant.

The God Hand thing in particular is because that was actually Heracles' active Noble Phantasm back in the original F/SN. He's supposed to be too insane as a Berserker to use a technique like Nine Lives in the first place, so his power was an inability to be hurt by any attack lower than A-rank, and 12 lives with adaptive protection so everytime he revives you can't kill him with the same weapon as a previous death.

Cool, thanks for the heads up!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RanKizama posted:

'these clowns' being type-moon.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Endorph posted:

'these clowns' being type-moon.
Japanese clowns with poor romanization skills are clowns nonetheless. I've yet to see Liz's name spelled with an "s" anywhere else, but whatever. I already got the answer I needed, but thanks for your input.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 5, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

RanKizama posted:

On the marketing point of view, people would rather get the newer, proper name version of the merchandise and let the wrong product rots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nyaa posted:

On the marketing point of view, people would rather get the newer, proper name version of the merchandise and let the wrong product rots.
I agree, but what is the proper name now? Everything I've ever seen in released English Fate poo poo, including the recently released Fate/Extella PS4 game, has it as Artoria. It wasn't until Grand Order did Altria become a thing. Why not just look at it like "Sorry. Our Engrish bad. It can now fix," and actually have it work in harmony with everything else? I know this seems like I'm stomping around a molehill like it's a mountain, but it just bugs me.