Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

Just sent my bids, I feel like I'm either going to end up with nothing, or 5 middling big men.

Btw, is it possible to end up with more than 15 players? Does the max of 15 apply to the whole process or just at the end?

Mountain Dew Code Bread fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Just gonna low-ball for a few guys I like and wait to see what people are paying tomorrow. Gotta learn the market to exploit inefficiencies!

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Is your bidding done when your roster fills up regardless of how many dudes you get ??

Or should I not even put lowball bids in on players I don't want? Or can we start trading dudes for cash or even more dudes if we collect too many dudes too early??

Did dis dude just did dis?

Does anybody know how to calculate 35% of $300!???

HOw OLD IS UDONIS HASLEM????

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

EvanTH posted:

Ageless

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EvanTH posted:

35% of 106

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Here's a number for y'all -- 0.0000025153857763318967685677393389566

Multiply any player's current salary by that to see what it's worth in proportion to your $300

It's useless because the NBA salary cap means basically every max player is underpaid, and there's widespread agreement that all other players are both over/underpaid. LeBron's getting $84

IcePhoenix posted:

35% of 106

haha this is actually true you trolling son of a gun :argh:

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Is your bidding done when your roster fills up regardless of how many dudes you get ??

Or should I not even put lowball bids in on players I don't want? Or can we start trading dudes for cash or even more dudes if we collect too many dudes too early??

Did dis dude just did dis?

Does anybody know how to calculate 35% of $300!???

IcePhoenix posted:

35% of 106

Fittingly, 35% of $300 is $105, which is basically the same as 106, and this symmetry suggests you plan on bidding $176 on Udonis Haslem, which will certainly beat my $175 bid for him. Well played, sir, your mastery of numbers shames me.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like

But how trustworthy are sources, really?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

EvanTH posted:

ugh this is wrong I used the luxury tax threshold of $119m rather than the cap max of $99m. Should been more like 0.0000030274590536162998395446701583361

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Help I accidentally bid $286 on something Raul Neto and I thought it was Nito from Dark Souls. What is your return policy????

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I'm rich and am going to own the entire best roster possible but I also want to own a baseball team.

Did I mention that I'm edgy?

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
I really hope I only get 1 of the 2 C's I bid on, having them both would screw up my carefully plotted capology manipulations. How many other people bid $150+ for Andre Drummond?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I bid 149 for him

gently caress!!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
None of you are loving allowed to bid on Jeremy Lin he's mine you fucks won't even appreciate him

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Real talk, how many players did people not bid on? I put in a bid of 0 on 6 players.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I only bid on 4 players because the rest of them didn't have The Look and would disturb the culture I'm incubating.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

BWV posted:

I only bid on 4 players because the rest of them didn't have The Look and would disturb the culture I'm incubating.

I may be in trouble

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I bid on one dude

Might send in two more

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I'm gonna win all these players

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

I bid on one dude

Might send in two more

I have some bad news for you my friend

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like

Paul Zuvella posted:

Real talk, how many players did people not bid on? I put in a bid of 0 on 6 players.

I think i made 4 actual bids then like...a dollar on some guys with good names.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I have some bad news for you my friend

Is the time window over ?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm going to get 0 players today but it's okay cause there's tomorrow

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I bid on 6 guys, might have an outside shot at 1 of them, but the only way to win is to get a STAR so gotta be smart with the money. Only Real GM's will get that.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Paul Zuvella posted:

Help I accidentally bid $286 on something Raul Neto and I thought it was Nito from Dark Souls. What is your return policy????

no problem, you have $14 left for when Cole Aldrich comes up

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

euphronius posted:

Is the time window over ?

You can only bid once for all your players in a single PM. Maybe Deadbeat will cut you some slack though.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

pretty Ricky gonna go for more than the Servant; I know cause I'm getting them both 👺

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

I made maybe 3 real bids and about 6 more lowballs and $1 bids. There were a lot of rookies I just didn't want to chance on, and also I forgot JaMychal Green existed until just after I sent my bids despite being him at the top of the list.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I might end up with like 5 dudes I don't actually want lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I didn't make any realistic bids. I had some relatively high ones there for guys like Blake and Drummond but kept revising them downwards until it was nothing cause I don't like either guy. I forgot to bid on jingles though and I wish I had.

"I forgot to bid on a dude" is basically as competent as actual GMs. How many times has a GM read about a signing and thought "poo poo I forgot that guy existed"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was worried about bidding 3€ for crabbe

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

euphronius posted:

I was worried about bidding 3€ for crabbe

what value is that in first-round £s

haha he's a negative player who went from 12.2 PER down to 11.6 after his massive, massive contract

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

tanglewood1420 posted:

To clarify - I read this as I can submit in my PM bids for multiple players, but even if I am the highest bidder on more than one player I would only win one auction and get one player. If I am the highest bidder on more than one player, how is it decided which one I win? The one I bid more money on? Or the order they are listed in the PM/Email? Or some other factor?

Nah it just means that if you submit a bid you can't re-submit a bid if you read something that you believe from a GM and readjust your numbers. So just make sure whoever you're bidding on is what you really want to pay for it because that's what I'll be using as a finalized thing.

Also I forgot to mention if you guys aren't bidding on a player you can just leave them out of the list. Just post the ones you want. :)

I've already got 19 lists, so about 11 more. Maybe it'll be an early reveal! Anybody within 2 hours of the deadline I''ll start writing PMs to remind you in case you forgot or something.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Blind bidding makes this difficult

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hope I win everyone I bid on

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

straight up brolic posted:

Blind bidding makes this difficult

I know, it's really cool!

Deadbeat Dad I may steal this format for an MLB one in the offseason.

I meant to edit this into my previous post, oh well.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

IcePhoenix posted:

I know, it's really cool!

Deadbeat Dad I may steal this format for an MLB one in the offseason.

:thumbsup:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'll also release the doc after the game is over to show you guys who bid what and who's been a lying sneaking sneakerson / how close some of you were to grabbing your dude(s).

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Maybe a dumb question - do we get to know the final amounts each player went for and how much cap space the other teams have left as we progress through the days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'll also release the doc after the game is over to show you guys who bid what and who's been a lying sneaking sneakerson / how close some of you were to grabbing your dude(s).

more important, how big of an idiot I am for bidding 286 on Neto, First of the Point Guards.

• Locked thread