Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mezzanine posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mezzanine.botwcooking

Shameless plug for my Android recipe app, which includes formulas for using the above-mentioned dragon parts and such; should be helpful calculating the right buff ingredients to make a max-buff meal.

If anyone wants a promo code, just let me know ;)

Did you ever get this on iOS? I thought I recalled you saying that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
After so many hundreds of hours of BoTW I am now starting Horizon
Brothers, please give me strength to withstand these open world games that are too enamored with their narratives and make me go through tens of minutes of cutscenes before actually letting me play the goddamn game

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just play botw again.

I was faced with buying horizon on PS4 or botw and the switch, I chose the latter.

Seriously I feel like botw is going to ruin open world games for me like the half life series ruined FPS's for me for drat near a decade.

I'll be playing a sub-par one and wishing I was playing botw.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean the game is gorgeous and I desperately wish I was playing it on a 4k display but hoooooly hell it's been what 30 minutes and it's barely teaching me how to crouch to stealth

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I feel like more open world games will start to copy breathe or the wild's style moreso than something like half life 2 which is hard to emulate. I think we'll be seeing more games with similar climbing mechanics, at the very least.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Mezzanine posted:

Shameless plug for my Android recipe app, which includes formulas for using the above-mentioned dragon parts and such; should be helpful calculating the right buff ingredients to make a max-buff meal.

I would be interested in a promo code if you have one available. Thanks in advanced.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thanks in gameboy advance

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Mezzanine posted:

I would also be interested in a code, thanks!

Travenum
Mar 1, 2015

Mezzanine posted:

Just bought this, so no promo code needed, but thanks. Seems really handy so far. Is there an option to see what the recipe will produce if it's cooked during a blood moon?

surrender903
Dec 22, 2006
U2 Fan
Pillbug

Calaveron posted:

After so many hundreds of hours of BoTW I am now starting Horizon
Brothers, please give me strength to withstand these open world games that are too enamored with their narratives and make me go through tens of minutes of cutscenes before actually letting me play the goddamn game

i am in serious withdrawl, and find all other games inferior right now given how much i could do in BOTW.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

surrender903 posted:

i am in serious withdrawl, and find all other games inferior right now given how much i could do in BOTW.

Try playing something completely different.

I started playing Stardew Valley after getting it from the Steam sale. Now there's a game that has not much at all in common with BotW. However the cooking mechanics in it make me wish for Link happily stuffing his face with both hands. :v:

But yeah. Open world games are probably right out, but a nice platformer or even a Metroidvania would probably be fine?

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Travenum posted:

Just bought this, so no promo code needed, but thanks. Seems really handy so far. Is there an option to see what the recipe will produce if it's cooked during a blood moon?

Thanks! Sorry, there's no option to display the possible results from a "great success". I suppose I could list up the possible effects, since it was just something like "+5 hearts / +1 level / +5 minutes" or something like that...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Did you ever get this on iOS? I thought I recalled you saying that.

Sorry, I was planning on it but it's $100/year just to publish on iOS :(

Anyway, here's some more promo codes for you guys!

B95B13VPYNQV547L4ZUKMPG
WT8SPD5K8HB36Y0Y5MG4H3E
Z7PHSLHNEMRZLW3MKHXCW70
B2SWXAQNHQZTM58YRS7V787
F82CQYWNHRHZKYFZVYRB8Q0

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Mezzanine posted:

F82CQYWNHRHZKYFZVYRB8Q0

Took this one, thanks!

I'm about 30 hours in, did 2 Divine Beasts and at 30 shrines or so. Haven't been anywhere in the West and mostly just wander around after reading a hint here and there.
Only grilled some meat, the whole cooking thing never seemed necessary, but looking at some of those stone monsters and centaur-things I think I'm gonna need it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
B95B13VPYNQV547L4ZUKMPG

Used this one. Thanks so much!

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

WT8SPD5K8HB36Y0Y5MG4H3E

Just grabbed this one. Thanks a lot!

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
B2SWXAQNHQZTM58YRS7V787

Used this one. Thanks!

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Grabbed the last one (Z7PHSLHNEMRZLW3MKHXCW70). Thanks!

Ridgewell
Apr 29, 2009

Ai tolja tahitta ferlip inbaul intada oh'l! Andatdohn meenis ferlip ineer oh'l!

Mezzanine posted:

Anyway, here's some more promo codes for you guys!

B95B13VPYNQV547L4ZUKMPG
WT8SPD5K8HB36Y0Y5MG4H3E
Z7PHSLHNEMRZLW3MKHXCW70
B2SWXAQNHQZTM58YRS7V787
F82CQYWNHRHZKYFZVYRB8Q0

I am not above shamelessly begging, and your app looks cool - would you mind giving out another promo code for me? :unsmith:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I want a listing for cooking bundles of wood.

Why is there no disgusting failures category!

(the app is good)

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I just dipped my toes into the Sword Trials for the first time. Are there checkpoints, or do you really have to do them all at once?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Fuligin posted:

I just dipped my toes into the Sword Trials for the first time. Are there checkpoints, or do you really have to do them all at once?

There are three "sets." 13 Beginning Trials, 17 Middle Trials, and 24 Final Trials. After each set, the sword gets an incremental upgrade and you go back to the overworld.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also middle trials are impossible because you can't use your bombs for crowd control due to an all encompassing updraft effect

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Calaveron posted:

Also middle trials are impossible because you can't use your bombs for crowd control due to an all encompassing updraft effect

Get gud

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I can't believe I only just now learned that you can put almost any cooking item in an elixir as long as you include at least one elixir ingredient and monster part. For the longest time I thought making certain level 3 elixirs was pretty much impossible! Especially the rhino beetles seem really useless when you can only use literally them and nothing else to make an elixir.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Amppelix posted:

I can't believe I only just now learned that you can put almost any cooking item in an elixir as long as you include at least one elixir ingredient and monster part. For the longest time I thought making certain level 3 elixirs was pretty much impossible! Especially the rhino beetles seem really useless when you can only use literally them and nothing else to make an elixir.

...:doh:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Amppelix posted:

Wait so how is this useful. So like you would put a Defense beetle, a monster part, then uh some ironshrooms that add defense?

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Bum the Sad posted:

So like you would put a Defense beetle, a monster part, then uh some ironshrooms that add defense?
Yes but you could use any kind of mushroom and still get an elixir since you've already got defense buff from the beetle. Using ironshrooms here might get you a better defense boost I'm not sure.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Kromlech posted:

Yes but you could use any kind of mushroom and still get an elixir since you've already got defense buff from the beetle. Using ironshrooms here might get you a better defense boost I'm not sure.

Why would I want to put in other mushrooms?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I don't get why this is significant. Is there a difference between an elixir and just making defense food?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That doesn't really apply for BOTW.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Ridgewell posted:

I am not above shamelessly begging, and your app looks cool - would you mind giving out another promo code for me? :unsmith:

Sure, why not

YLT7B8VYFPBJ3DYV45TRA3S
X87E8SP1GVFEP6P5VR4TATX
CPM85VHUUW6NL5M33CNHEDN
8NF7LQW94P5ME9UZSPFTHDQ
20EX55TVSZRYA4TWS2WL7ZS
TK4LR0TRN3YQHVQAY5SC6BC
ZR5D71ZEDUQW299L6UY8PRQ
8MSPM4TA0U47SRF9W43MDYL
EEYFJDK04AA2NXHF5GM6CUT
VT7VGY4C6LGWNAJFKT1LLQA

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

s.i.r.e. posted:

That doesn't really apply for BOTW.

I mean, it does for the intermediate trials

(comment only applies to normal mode)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mezzanine posted:

Sure, why not

YLT7B8VYFPBJ3DYV45TRA3S

Redeemed this one, thanks!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
God, I hate the Beginning Trials on Master Mode. Especially room 10. gently caress.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Bum the Sad posted:

Why would I want to put in other mushrooms?
Just because typical hylian shrooms are more common than ironshrooms and therefore you could potentially get more elixirs using those

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Used TK4LR0TRN3YQHVQAY5SC6BC, cool app!

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mezzanine posted:

Sure, why not

YLT7B8VYFPBJ3DYV45TRA3S
X87E8SP1GVFEP6P5VR4TATX
CPM85VHUUW6NL5M33CNHEDN
8NF7LQW94P5ME9UZSPFTHDQ
20EX55TVSZRYA4TWS2WL7ZS
TK4LR0TRN3YQHVQAY5SC6BC
ZR5D71ZEDUQW299L6UY8PRQ
8MSPM4TA0U47SRF9W43MDYL
EEYFJDK04AA2NXHF5GM6CUT**
VT7VGY4C6LGWNAJFKT1LLQA
**used this one. Thanks for creating this app

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So months after the game's release, what are some things you can now objectively and fairly complain about?
For me it's
- Cooking can be a pain in the rear end and critical cooking is way too infrequent. Like I think I only got it 3 times in over 150 hours
- A lot of the weapons seem to be one offs or only appear in chests which mean once they're broken, that's it (off the top of my head the Korok Sword and the Kite Shield)
- No boss rush mode. Skyward Sword managed to sneak in a boss rush mode why didn't this game
- Goron City, Rito Village and Zora Domain get cool remixed versions of their original themes while Gerudo Town is some generic desert bullshit instead of the cool as hell Gerudo Desert spanish guitar theme from OoT
- Who was the idiot who decided you couldn't upgrade the DLC gear
- Who was the idiot who decided there couldn't be an armor skill that either increased your sprinting speed at day or made you consume less stamina when sprinting
- A lot of cool gear and costumes locked behind amiibos that good loving luck finding unless you're a pirate like Dr Tim Whateley

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

So months after the game's release, what are some things you can now objectively and fairly complain about?
Weapons breaking in the middle of combat with multiple enemies, and that half-second it takes for you to switch is enough for them to get a swipe in on you. This wouldn't be so annoying if either a) the game auto-paused on weapon break or b) it automatically insta-switched you to next strongest weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Re: critical cooking

Use a dragon part, or cook from 11:30-11:55 PM on a blood moon night. Instant critical.