Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

Casters definitely have it worst; I think every Caster currently in the game requires Forbidden Pages. Almost every Rider is out too, because Horseshoes.

Speaking of Riders, is Teach actually in the gatcha right now? I've just realised I don't have him and I haven't seen anyone mention him since the NA release. Might he be on hold until Okeanos, like Euryale is?

He's available in the fp gacha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

NRVNQSR posted:

People on Reddit are maintaining a couple of them. There's https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESPZza5wuy4BY-SXIZJUQPIiVuAi4dcdOpvNgv3II2k/htmlview (as mentioned, first tab doesn't include the dailys - look at the other tabs) and https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview (theoretically more maintained, but has numbers that feel a bit dubious to me).

Cool, thanks. Thiers was the best map I've seen so far but even that is pretty low. Gonna be a while before I get second ascension Artoria, rip.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Cool, thanks. Thiers was the best map I've seen so far but even that is pretty low. Gonna be a while before I get second ascension Artoria, rip.

I've been using Thiers to ascend Martha, who needs about the same number. It wasn't too bad? Getting six Ghost Lanterns for Tamamo cat already feels much worse.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I don't really get incompetence from that article. Just re-read it to be sure I didn't miss it. The few translation failures don't really hinder gameplay and you can usually get the story in spite of them. The game's release went well and my 1 complaint is not being able to associate my account with Gplay, something that was never in the JPN version anyway.
I feel that if your title is all-encompassing of the rest of the entire franchise then you'd have an idea of what is relevant to your new projected fanbase regardless of what third parties have the licenses. Especially as a higher up, you should at least seem to have your finger on the pulse. That's just me though.

As for the translation, the naming bit irks me since you'd think they'd want to maintain some sort of uniformity, but whatever. The quality of actual dialogue in the game does need some serious attention though. Like, god drat.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

RanKizama posted:

I feel that if your title is all-encompassing of the rest of the entire franchise then you'd have an idea of what is relevant to your new projected fanbase regardless of what third parties have the licenses. Especially as a higher up, you should at least seem to have your finger on the pulse. That's just me though.

going to go with a no on this one, sure they should but uhhh yea no lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
can they edit the script so the characters aren't so mean to Dr. Roman? :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

can they edit the script so the characters aren't so mean to Dr. Roman? :(

roman is a jerk and deserves any bullying he gets

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Samba De Amigo posted:

going to go with a no on this one, sure they should but uhhh yea no lol
Yeah...oh well.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Apparently this game when it was first released in japan sucked and was awful mobage garbage, but over time it got better. Is the version we have the awful garbage version or the improved version?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Gologle posted:

Apparently this game when it was first released in japan sucked and was awful mobage garbage, but over time it got better. Is the version we have the awful garbage version or the improved version?

The version we have is the better version. Or rather the client we had on the jp side 6 months ago.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

InfinityComplex posted:

The version we have is the better version. Or rather the client we had on the jp side 6 months ago.
Have they said anything about how they will handle things like phantoms updates and the such? I know d'Leon and a few others just got overhauls on their animations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gologle posted:

I suspect a lot of the difference is in the eye of the beholder.

The US version does have the various quality of life fixes and reduced prices, for what that's worth.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Gologle posted:

mobage garbage
I think you know the answer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

the launch version of f/go didn't have the animation speed up option

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

RanKizama posted:

As for the translation, the naming bit irks me since you'd think they'd want to maintain some sort of uniformity, but whatever. The quality of actual dialogue in the game does need some serious attention though. Like, god drat.

While being a fan of the franchise may make me biased, I really have not noticed anything that really annoyed me or rendered anything incoherent gibberish - outside of Altria, that's just weird. To each their own.

I support your Saber Bride pick. She was my main lead in JPN and with Waver was very fun to play. I do miss having so many 5 stars to play with but I like being able to read the things I see.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 5, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

If I ever have to fight Marie and her stupid "lol I'm invincible and gonna heal myself" skill again I'm going to break this tablet in half.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I can't find archer statues for poo poo, and I need those by far the most.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The launch version of the game:

Only have 30 ap daily

1 energy recharge at 10 minutes

No speed up

Server goes potato in most early events

Waver is crap

Lv 70 servant is like the peak we can reach with silvers exp

40 Quartz to roll 10

Everyone have poo poo level friend for weeks

Most servants have crappy animation like string doll

Caster animation is boring and take a long time to goes through three cards

Quick card system is inferior to other card type untill gil

Longer wait till for dev to create and rewrite story plus designs

Good luck logging in during event

France story mission's dragons are set too strong. It's have to beat them without an assasin (kojiro is cheapest to level)

Money gain was... so low. Like 6 figures was the happy achievement.

Surprise herc in prologue extra mission

Game have like 2.5 stars in app store

Enemy Servant spam dodge skill and become almost impossible to kill

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Roland's outfit looks very dumb.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

While being a fan of the franchise may make me biased, I really have not noticed anything that really annoyed me or rendered anything incoherent gibberish - outside of Altria, that's just weird. To each their own.

I support your Saber Bride pick. She was my main lead in JPN and with Waver was very fun to play. I do miss having so many 5 stars to play with but I like being able to read the things I see.
The overall dialogue is okay until you get to Rome. Then it seems like they were on crunch time to make the release date because the quality not only in dialogue but with typos and spacing errors really goes all over the place. Then again, if it's true that there were only like three people doing the localization, then you gotta feel kind of bad for them.

And yes, I miss my old servants but do prefer being able to read the story even if I feel the quality leaves much to be desired.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I want the orlean translator to handle all translation from now on.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

RanKizama posted:

The overall dialogue is okay until you get to Rome. Then it seems like they were on crunch time to make the release date because the quality not only in dialogue but with typos and spacing errors really goes all over the place. Then again, if it's true that there were only like three people doing the localization, then you gotta feel kind of bad for them.

And yes, I miss my old servants but do prefer being able to read the story even if I feel the quality leaves much to be desired.

vOv I think Nero is over the top like she should be. Romulus is hilarious. But yeah I accept opinions can differ.

Still a better game than Mass Effect Andromeda :goonsay:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
From a story perspective I do like who they have as the final fight for the Rome segment.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
At the least they need a dedicated copy editor on their team, which they very clearly don't. Not even just for story and UI stuff, a lot of which is dire, but just like the Gil announcement today is full of nonsense and typos, and it's like less than a page of text.

edit: Like, more than I'm comfortable with, it feels more of a credit to the original dialogue than to the skill of the translation that a lot of the charm of the characters shines through, and that is not good. There are good parts here and there, but I hope they can improve considerably for later chapters and are just going through growing pains or something.

taser rates fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 5, 2017

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

vOv I think Nero is over the top like she should be. Romulus is hilarious. But yeah I accept opinions can differ.
Nero is by far my favorite Saber and yes, she does still come off over-the-top as she should. But some of her reactions and the way they wrote her dialogue just feels...lacking? She was fantastic in Extella when Marvelous handled her. Maybe I'm just jaded, but when Nero straight up says "Gotcha!" I got a little upset.

Still a better game than Mass Effect Andromeda :goonsay:
If that's the best we can claim then we're really digging. lol

taser rates posted:

At the least they need a dedicated copy editor on their team, which they very clearly don't. Not even just for story and UI stuff, a lot of which is dire, but just like the Gil announcement today is full of nonsense and typos, and it's like less than a page of text.

edit: Like, more than I'm comfortable with, it feels more of a credit to the original dialogue than to the skill of the translation that a lot of the charm of the characters shines through, and that is not good. There are good parts here and there, but I hope they can improve considerably for later chapters and are just going through growing pains or something.
:agreed: 100%

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 5, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I am satisfied with wassup homies. I have low standards.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Wassup homies is the high point of the writing in Orleans, and a lot of Marie's scenes in general imo are pretty good. Jalter's opening monologue is also well done.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The translation is good. I am enjoying it. :shrug:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the tl has its moments but there's tons of typos and awkwardly stiff moments. its not the worst thing ever but its not exactly good either and kind of unacceptable in the yool 2017. not that that means you cant enjoy the game or anything or even the tl but that doesnt mean its good. it could be good if they gave it an actual editing pass.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
They just need an editor. Sometimes people speak like robots and the lines don't flow right but it's serviceable.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Honestly, the typos and grammar errors and spacing problems don't really bother me as much as how terrible the writing itself is. It's Google Translate levels of translation a lot of the time

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Surprise herc in prologue extra mission

Enemy Servant spam dodge skill and become almost impossible to kill

These are both still in. Certain bosses in the duel missions (Proto Cu, Marie, Emiya, various individuals with Imperial Privilege) are especially annoying. As for the Herc extra mission, I thought he was warned about during the story at initial JPN launch too?

Not sure the Wyverns are necessarily weaker this time around either, so much as all the exp. cards means people are running into them at significantly higher character levels, and with good support characters.

I mean, overall it's far, far better, and objectively pretty decent now. But not everything that was ever an issue is gone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

google translate wouldn't have given 'whassup homies'

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A lot of rome is very stiff, especially in the second half.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Give me summer astolfo or give me death.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Tae posted:

A lot of rome is very stiff, especially in the second half.

When the gimmick in certain parts is characters talking gibberish and it's indistinguishable from the regular dialogue you have problems

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

one piece or bikini

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hawaian Shirt Cu. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

one piece or bikini

One piece school swimsuit with stockings, like in that 2015 April Fool's art