Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

When you're tired and lazy AF but you still wag your tail out of excitement because ur a good boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

TBeats posted:

I had someone message me yesterday and ask me if I told Monty something to make him look so pitiful. So I took a video while making breakfast this morning (I was putting bread in the toaster). Only he's not sitting in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI9nedGRp-M

every. single. morning.

E: and then when I actually sit down to eat:

Is Monty a butt scratch or a belly rub kinda dog?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

BigDave posted:

not that dogs don't love both, I feel like butt scritches are more of a female dog thing

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank's a butt scratch dog, but I get the feeling most border collies and aussie sheps are butt scratchers because the wiggle their asses all day waiting for some fingers to scritch.

Wigglebutts.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh yeah whenever I pet those I immediately go for the base of the tail

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Looking at Monty is like looking at my dog with a color swap because they have the same head and ears.

Freyja was happy that I had the 4th off work and spent it working down by the dam so she could run around in the water.

She still hasn't figured out that you are supposed to shake when you get out of the water. But she has come a long ways since I got her a year and a half ago and she was scared of water.

And I suspect she may be part Australian because she tends to default to this position.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
She's trying to communicate in some weird language. I think she says she wants chicken.

https://youtu.be/K9dmAGh4gpg

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

not that dogs don't love both, I feel like butt scritches are more of a female dog thing

My folks have had two female cockers and Jazz loved butt scritches, but Foxy doesn't give a poo poo. She loves ear scritches and foreleg-armpit scritches.

Jazz also loved belly scritches. I remember one day I had her in my lap and I was scritching her belly really good. Someone walked by with food, and I could see her contemplate getting up to go mooch, then deciding that the belly scritches were just too good and settling back in. I've never before or since seen a dog pass up food for pets.

http://i.imgur.com/vP9BLYT.gifv

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol pup used to have an extremely sensitive stomach and would do the leg jerk, now you really gotta find that spot, too cute tho

-edit New rule: yeah ok from here on don't post in this thread unless it's a .gif of you giving your dog scratches

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

-edit New rule: yeah ok from here on don't post in this thread unless it's a .gif of you giving your dog scratches
I have no dogge to give scritches. :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sorry any dog getting scritches

Tbh just any media containing a dog

Post 'em

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit gently caress

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

hounds own. i have a hound

here is my hound

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

here is my hound

Post more of this cutie pls

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

here is my hound

OMG Is that a Blue-Tick Coonhound?!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i think she's a mix of a bunch of hounds and also something else (she has webbed feet) but ya, she looks a lot like a bluetick

Syrian Lannister posted:

Post more of this cutie pls

okay i will when i get home

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

Pretty sad/cute, a TF2 streamer's doggo died so Respawn is making a banner for him

https://np.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/6lgv4u/in_memory_of_onyx/?context=3

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

BigDave posted:

if i scratch where his tail meets his body and suddenly stop, he will obnoxiously ram the back half of his body into my hand. if i do that a few times he starts yelling at me.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tarkus is not a fan of summer heat.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mount Ruffmore

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

How do people live in a place like Phoenix with a dog

Sans humidity anything high 80s my dog overheats almost instantly. The gently caress do you do when it's 100+ besides keep the a/c blasting? Your dog gonna suffer a heat stroke when he goes potty or is noon-5 potty pad time, not to mention walking on the surface outside

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I walk Monty in the morning and in the evening, two miles each time. Any farther and he starts lagging behind. We don't do walks when the temp is at it's peak and if he needs to go out, he just goes out and comes back in. It gets mid to high 80s with decent humidity here.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

How do people live in a place like Phoenix with a dog

Sans humidity anything high 80s my dog overheats almost instantly. The gently caress do you do when it's 100+ besides keep the a/c blasting? Your dog gonna suffer a heat stroke when he goes potty or is noon-5 potty pad time, not to mention walking on the surface outside

Night fetch and walks. Day chilling.

Smart thermostat let's me know if house is too hot, but even with AC of my house takes a few hours to get up to 80 when it's 110 out.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I mean I get the obvious things, avoiding peak sunlight. But man I'd have to change my whole lifestyle around. Going three years without A/C. I have a window unit I bought from my neighbor I never used

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'd love living like that but the trade-off is that I've never had to shovel out my driveway.

My house is pretty well insulated, and the attic is a bonus protection from the heat most Las Vegans don't get.

This summer is unseasonably hot, too.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't have AC because this crackerjack shithole sucks, but I really don't need it. It was about 95*F today and the apartment is in the 70s. I leave my window open to let cool air in at night and leave a pedastal fan on during the day where Frank hangs out most of the time. Stays pretty reasonable.

He gets hot at the park though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I keep my house at 68. Going without AC isn't an option 9 months out of the year. My electric bill averages about $70/month.

Sometimes I'll turn the AC off and once it hits like 72 it's uncomfortable and feels stuffy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
So glad I moved to Colorado. 6000ft of elevation keeps the humidity down, 300+ days of sunlight, and though it gets into the 90s, it's not hot enough to wake up with my balls adhered to my thigh. Even the winter was tolerable this past year. I don't think my electric bill has been more than $50 even in the coldest month, usually about $30.

Plus all the awesome dog friendly poo poo out here. Parks and trails and lots of friendly businesses as long as your dog isn't in a bad mood.

It's about 85*F out and 20% humidity. drat near perfect.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Africa broke me and my wife runs cold so we keep the house around 70-74.

We have multiple thermostat sensors though so it keeps the whole house that temp.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

It's about 85*F out and 20% humidity. drat near perfect.

After a few years living here you're going to be complaining about how humid that is.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol this dude always look pissed

also sporting his lipstick for GIP

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Ada came in to the study and caught me watching puppy videos on facebook

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

mods?

Report: a dog is not receiving required pettes

Rotties are pretty cool. Wait that is one obviously right 🤔 I know everyone gets spooked by them cause rawr pit bulls. They're just big dumb teddy bears that don't know they're strong and capable of being ferocious.

Anyways my point was I've seen a lot of good ones recently

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jul 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

mods?

Report: a dog is not receiving required pettes

Rotties are pretty cool. Wait that is one obviously right 🤔 I know everyone gets spooked by them cause rawr pit bulls. They're just big dumb teddy bears that don't know they're strong and capable of being ferocious.

Anyways my point was I've seen a lot of good ones recently

She's at least a Rottie cross. I always thought she was mixed with a Kelpie, our old trainer before we moved reckons she's a purebred but from a farm/working dog line rather than the typical example you see today. She's pretty small for a Rottie. She's also a special case where you're right in that she's an absolute sweetheart, but she's a rescue dog with a lot of baggage relating to other people. Not sure what happened before we got her but she's incredibly terrified of strangers, but once you build enough trust she's super snuggly and loving, but that process takes a long time. We had some rough patches with my dad when we first got her (and we didn't know any better, truth be told they probably shouldn't have let first time dog owners like us adopt her, but she's ours now), but we did a lot of work with a trainer and now she loves it whenever my Dad comes by (it means treats are about to rain down from the sky!).

She also has vitiligo, the Michael Jackson disease, so depending on her stress levels she gets patches of white fur on her body and skin (you can see it on her nose in that picture), although that's diminished a lot recently because I now work from home and spend all day with her.

I gave her lets of belly rubs to atone for my puppy video betrayal