Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Trogdos! posted:

They realized their mistake and changed it so that you get a full scrap and dust refund now for premiums. No dust->scrap conversion anymore.

drat thats a shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

My last two animated cards have been Lubberkins. Stop giving me this card I don't even understand how it works.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

My last two animated cards have been Lubberkins. Stop giving me this card I don't even understand how it works.

It's a unit that gets locked every single time it's played, making it a 5 strength silver so not good at all

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
when it gets locked, decoy it! imagine the value!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

All the flying ghost babies.

Do we have an eta in the patch going live? I always sort of stall playing waiting for the changes.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

Flipswitch posted:

All the flying ghost babies.

Do we have an eta in the patch going live? I always sort of stall playing waiting for the changes.

I would imagine early next week, like last time.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Ran into a rare scenario where the opponent passed a tied first round to me. I was trying to wrap my brain around it, but I think it's definitely in your interest to pass there too? If you play a card you'll win the round but go into round 2 down a card and have to play first. A tie though turns round 2 into sudden death, which depending on your hand/board/faction can be a huge advantage.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
If you are equal in cards you can play something and gain the card advantage back in r2. If you dry pass in r2 and the opponent had no carryover you're going to get the last play in r3 provided the opponent doesn't gain CA via spies or Tibor for example.

However, going from 1 card down to 2 down to win an otherwise tied round probably isn't going to end well for you.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010

Trogdos! posted:

However, going from 1 card down to 2 down to win an otherwise tied round probably isn't going to end well for you.

Well, you're probably playing the last round one card down either way. It really depends on the specific situation.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Verify your caches cause patch is out!

notes posted:

Update 0.9.8 (05 July 2017)

Northern Realms

Redanian Knight is now Agile.
Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry's Power changed from 3 to 4.
Redanian Elite's Power changed from 5 to 6.
Redanian Elite's Armor value changed from 3 to 4.
Field Medic's Power changed from 3 to 4.
Reinforced Trebuchet's Power changed from 5 to 6.
Shani's Power changed from 3 to 4.
Shani's Armor buff value changed from 3 to 4.
After boosting Allies 4 times without leaving the Board, Priscilla will not return to her current owner's Deck. She will remain on the Board. When resurrected or played again, her counter will reset to 4.
Ballista's Power changed from 5 to 6.
Ballista can now hit up to 4 targets.
Kaedweni Siege Support will now Boost by 1 and add 1 Armor to Allies with the Machine tag. Units without this tag will be Boosted by 1 and won't get Armor.
Trebuchet's Power changed from 2 to 3.

Monsters

Caranthir will now move 3 Enemies instead of 5.
Caranthir's Power changed from 5 to 9.
Celaeno Harpy's Power changed from 4 to 3.
Wild Hunt Hound's Power changed from 5 to 4.
Succubus will now trigger at the end of the turn.
Succubus' Power changed from 6 to 5.

Scoia'tael

Elven Mercenary changed to Loyal, will not switch sides when Ambush cards are played.
Vrihedd Sapper's Power changed from 7 to 8.
Dwarven Mercenary's Power changed from 5 to 6.
Saesenthessis' Power changed from 7 to 9.
Fireball Trap will no longer ignore Armor when dealing damage.

Nilfgaard

Emhyr var Emreis' Power changed from 4 to 6.
Imperial Golems will now be played from your Deck before John Calveit's ability triggers.
Alba Pikeman has gained 2 Armor.
Stefan Skellen's Power changed from 9 to 10.
Spotters' Power changed from 3 to 4.
Alchemist's Power changed from 7 to 8.
John Calveit will not longer be able to draw Gold cards.

Skellige

Savage Bear's Power changed from 6 to 7.
Morkvarg's Power changed from 8 to 9.
Morkvarg will now have his Power reduced by half (rounding up) when entering the Graveyard.
Ability to Boost Hjalmar has been moved to Lord of Undvik - Boost will now come from this card.
Hjalmar's Power changed from 15 to 13.
Removed Veteran from Drummond Shieldmaiden.
Warcrier will no longer Weaken itself for every Unit affected.
Removed Veteran from Clan Tuirseach Axeman.
Clan Tuirseach Axeman's Power changed from 2 to 3.

Neutral/General

Overdose will now Boost up to 6 random Allies by 2.
Bear's Power changed from 12 to 11.
Added Doomed tag to Bear.
Olgierd's Power changed from 7 to 9.
Olgierd's Power will now be reduced when entering the Graveyard rather than when returning to the Board.
Olgierd's Power will now be reduced by half (rounding up) when entering the Graveyard.
Alzur's Double Cross will now Boost Units instead of Strengthening them.
Marching Orders will now Boost Units instead of Strengthening them.
Decoy will now Boost Units instead of Strengthening them.
Impenetrable Fog will now deal 2 damage to the Unit with the Highest Power on the row (max. 1 target).
Torrential Rain will now deal 1 damage to the Unit(s) with the Lowest Power on the row (max. 5 targets).
Biting Frost will now deal 2 damage to the Unit with the Lowest Power on the row (max. 1 target).
Skellige Storm's damage dealt values changed from 3, 2, 1 to 2, 2, 1.
Stammelford's Tremors will now hit up to 6 targets instead of 8.
Abilities that Damage or Weaken Units by half their Power will now round the values up.
Abilities that Boost or Strengthen Units by half their Power will now round the values down.
Renew will now only resurrect a Gold Unit from your own Graveyard.
Villentretenmerth will now destroy the Highest Unit(s) once.

Game Fixes

Removed the black background from the mulligan screen when opponent is redrawing cards.
Fixed an issue with Taunt setting options being reversed.
Fixed an issue whereby mulligan disappeared too fast, preventing players from seeing the last redrawn card.
Fixed an issue whereby Bloody Baron would be moved to the top of the deck at the start of a round, instead of at the end of a round.
Fixed an issue whereby Henselt and Dagon, in the Challenges, had more than 3 copies of cards in their Decks.
Deployed new fix for issue whereby changing console language on PS4 before signing in resulted in game being stuck on "Inventory loaded" screen.
Deployed new fix for issue whereby Disloyal Agile Units (e.g., Letho) could not be played on rows other than Melee.
Fixed an issue whereby Bloody Baron was Boosted by Units moved to the Graveyard at the end of a round.
Berserker Marauder will now be Strengthened for each damaged Ally.
Berserker Marauder's Power changed from 6 to 8.
Nithral's Power changed from 4 to 7.
Hemdall's Power changed from 11 to 16.
Ermion's Power changed from 6 to 7.
Villentretenmerth's Power changed from 4 to 8.
Avallac'h's Power changed from 10 to 8.
Regis: Higher Vampire will be Boosted by targeted Unit's base Power when Consuming.
Trebuchet will no longer ignore Armor when dealing damage.
Reinforced Trebuchet will no longer ignore Armor when dealing damaging.
Ballista will no longer ignore Armor when dealing damage.
Reinforced Ballista will no longer ignore Armor when dealing damage.
Radovid's Power changed from 4 to 5.
Kaedweni Siege Platform's Power changed from 2 to 3.
Fireball Trap's damage value changed from 3 to 2.
Increased value for milling

The following cards will have elevated milling values for 3 days following the release of the hotfix [more on this below]:

Bear (Bloodcurdling Roar)
Impenetrable Fog
Torrential Rain
Biting Frost
Skellige Storm
Olgierd
Alzur's Double-Cross
Marching Orders
Decoy
Operator
Renew
Villentretenmerth
Stammelford's Tremors
Regis: Higher Vampire
Avallac'h
Kambi (Hemdall)
Savage Bear
Clan Drummond Shieldmaiden
Hjalmar
Morkvarg
Clan Tuirseach Axeman
Berserker Marauder
Succubus
Caranthir
Celaeno Harpy
Wild Hunt Hound
Ballista
Kaedweni Siege Support
Reinforced Ballista
Trebuchet
Reinforced Trebuchet
Aeromancy
John Natalis
Ithlinne
Dol Blathanna Trapper
John Calveit
Leo Bonhart
Kaedweni Sergeant
Reaver Scout

Listed cards, when milled, will produce scraps and powder in amounts required to craft a card of the same value.

Prince Stennis' Power changed from 5 to 7.
Armor has been removed from Nithral.
Nithral now increases Biting Frost's damage to 3.
Ice Giant is now Agile.
Fire Elemental's Power changed from 6 to 7.
Dol Blathanna Trapper's Power changed from 5 to 6.
Ithlinne's Power changed from 4 to 5.
Cynthia's Power changed from 4 to 5.
Serrit's Power changed from 7 to 9.
Leo Bonhart will now deal damage based on a chosen Units' base Power.
Fixed an issue whereby Sabrina Glevissig would change Unit(s') Power to 0 if destroyed in a chain with another Unit on her row.
Changed Blue Stripes Commandos' priorities so they appear properly when Kaedweni Siege Support is present on the Board.
Bloody Baron will now be Boosted even when your and your enemy's Units are destroyed simultaneously.
Roach will now be summoned before Gold card abilities are resolved.
Doomed tag has been added to Lord of Undvik.
Consumption of Clan An Craite Raiders will no longer count as their being discarded.
Johnny's ability will not activate if the opponent's Deck lacks a card of the relevant color.
Bear's tag changed from Bear to Beast.
Doomed tag added to Fireball Trap.
Dandelion will now correctly shuffle cards back into your Deck.
Fixed an issue whereby Trebuchet was not shooting when Deployed beside Locked Units with Crewmen.
Ancient Foglet's Power changed from 6 to 7.
Aeromancy will now pick cards to be played from the Deck.
Numerous tooltip fixes and changes.
Savage Bear will now Damage Units only after they have resolved their Deploy abilities.
Trebuchet will now Damage 3 adjacent Enemies.
Drowner Power changed from 7 to 8.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Haha they actually buffed bears again. I guess I wasn't really seeing them anymore now that weather axemen is the new hotness, but lol.

Anyways, looks like NR is gonna be the way to go now. I don't see weather monsters being very good anymore, and Consume is probably fine. NG...still looks pretty bad, but maybe it's better than it seems on paper. SK seems like it will still be decent but not nearly as capable of total bullshit.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Oh, so Geralt Igni totally ignores the quen shield I gave to my spotters. 57 strength down the drain. GG.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Turin Turambar posted:

Oh, so Geralt Igni totally ignores the quen shield I gave to my spotters. 57 strength down the drain. GG.

Yeah, Igni doesn't actually deal damage.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Turin Turambar posted:

Yeah, Shields protect against damaging effects, but not kill effects.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Shields are dumb and almost useless. Mechanic could use some help.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Played 3 ranked matches and not a single weather card was played. Happy loving day

Also I think the ranked search might be hosed up. It's crashed twice now.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
After milling all of my nerfed cards I went to delete my old decks. The axemen deck had 6 cards left in it. I think it's dead.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Subvisual Haze posted:

Yeah, Shields protect against damaging effects, but not kill effects.

Does it protect from Reset effects?

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

Turin Turambar posted:

Does it protect from Reset effects?

Not sure if this interaction was patched in or not, but last time I checked Shield will not protect from Reset effects, but it WILL protect from weaken effects that are resolved at the same time as the Reset (i.e., with Peter Saar, shield will not protect the reset from occurring, but it will shield the weaken).

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
you don't want to live in a world where Quen is hexproof

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
currently playing weather monsters at 3k and on a 5 games winning streak, so, huh,

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Wow, five whole games huh?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Machines got hosed hard, huh? Ballista and Trebuchet limited to 3 targets now, also none of the machines ignore armor anymore. I'd say that's enough to kill the deck(s).

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone use the Alba pikemen/spearmen? They seem pretty decent but I'm not sure I get them vs like, golems.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
a bronze that needs to be locked is pretty okay imo

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
The upside of CDPR's wild flailing re: card balance is that I now have an absolute shitload of scraps. The game is fairly generous as is but all these nerfs have made all my kegs retroactively way more valuable. I can probably get away with not spending money on this game for years and still craft whatever I want.

Magic Underwear fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 5, 2017

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

These dwarves seem pretty cancerous :ohdear:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Dwarves have been on the cusp of being really good for a long time, so I could definitely see them leaping ahead if some of the tools that are usually really good against them suddenly stop seeing play. They can pull out some ridiculous point swings and they have a ton of board mobility for setting up buffs / getting out of weather, etc.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

man CDPR is being the exact opposite to Blizzard as far things go in their card games, it's hilarious

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Succubus currently goes off even when both players have passed. It's a fun way to bamboozle someone. Normally the 2nd pass immediately ends the round and end of turn effects don't go off.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Have they talked about bringing this to phones at all?

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

Reality Winner posted:

I'm sure they're thinking about it, but I doubt it's a priority before the release.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
So can we label this game dead and go back to Hearthstone now?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Hmm. What a strange bug? I won a ranked game, gained more than enough points to rank up from 8 to 9, but it didn't display any rewards on the end o game screen. When I looked at the leaderboards, it shows my points as 1299 instead of what it should be, like 1343 or something.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

General Morden posted:

So can we label this game dead and go back to Hearthstone now?
I sort of see it as a weird experiment in game design that I get to participate in more than I see it as an actual game to ever try at.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Been playing with this Reveal deck, now without all the nasty weather axemen, it's fun again and has it's success. Behaves pretty good against Consume/Weather monster, not much bothered by NR I have seen so far. Scoia'tel are so far the hardest matchups, but largely cause the ST lists are far more varied so I'm never sure what to predict(and scorch, they run scorch).

On the bronze slot I think it's all pretty much good. The bearer is there cause weather didn't go anywhere, and people have discovered that scorch is a thing. The 1xScorpion and the second alchemist are the more flex spots.

On the Silver side Cynthia is still the whatever silver spot. Had initially ADC, but I found that this deck goes to 0 cards in last round pretty much every game so cut it out for Cynthia now. Can't really think of anything I'd prefer over her right now, my other idea was Operator to get an extra footmen or spotter but there's already enough card draw, and I tend to mulligan away Spotter and getting an extra on the later rounds after all the big reveals have been played already is not that useful. Might change her for Auckes if I keep seeing more dorf, or even decoy for double Vanhemar/Peter.

On the golds nobody playing Avallach right now, so you get to play your whole deck without getting punished. Picked Vilgefortz at first for roasted Roach stuff, ended up keeping him for roasted Vrans and some sneaky cards that Igni struggles to burn.

Up Circle posted:

Hmm. What a strange bug? I won a ranked game, gained more than enough points to rank up from 8 to 9, but it didn't display any rewards on the end o game screen. When I looked at the leaderboards, it shows my points as 1299 instead of what it should be, like 1343 or something.

Quit and enter the game again. It's been like that whole day since patch.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Reality Winner posted:

It'll come eventually but not until the game is at least out of beta. Look how long Hearthstone's took to come out.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

No Wave posted:

I sort of see it as a weird experiment in game design that I get to participate in more than I see it as an actual game to ever try at.

But we can agree that Blizzard is a billion times better at balancing than CDPR right?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

No Cahir? I find him too crucial for even more reveals, I tend to also run triple Fire Scorpions. I don't run Roach but I do take Auckes to try to throttle out Consume stuff like Vrans. I don't run any alchemists though but they are pretty nice. I've been running Alzurs to go find that last Spotter in my deck as well and that's been pretty clutch in a few games.

Kinda think Emhyr should be able to pick up golds. Might get a bit silly with some cards like Letho or Yennefer though.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

General Morden posted:

But we can agree that Blizzard is a billion times better at balancing than CDPR right?

The problem is Blizzard takes like 6 months to nerf something and never buffs anything.