Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Yeah that's happened to me. I think it could be a confluence of problems. The "business" stat that directly affects retention is "Turnover", so if you set it to Low they should put up a bigger fight. But from playing as a booker rather than an owner, the game will give you hard limits on how much you can offer on a contract. Playing as an owner will obviously break the game in that respect. On the other hand that variable is more than likely governed by the spending attribute (though it goes without saying that only a fed with high pop and global commercial TV can hope to survive a "flashy" owner)..

Also, like most mods for most games, the real world mods aren't balanced. Present day WWE has 3-4x the roster size that they really need (not even counting road agents and refs, who tend to be redundant), and their willingness to let guys go might be a product of that - they tend to shed their undercard slowly as any game begins. That also could be affected if Vince were changed to favor very large rosters. I want to say that in one of my old games from this mod lineage he was set to favor medium-sized.

Anyway, obviously TEW's most accurate and challenging sim scenario is booking an ROH or ECW, so if you're just hanging out on top you can always start a new company and try to edit your old fed's new owner into a business position that will keep it strong. But yeah, the tipping point to world domination is typically when you have good TV coverage and gain the ability to lock workers down with written contracts once you hit Cult status.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Confirming that if you switch Vince's business stats from "Mean" spending to "Flashy" in the Cpt. Charisma-based real world mod, he will engage in proper bidding wars with you. I'm trying to get Rusev and we're up to about $20k more than what he's worth after several days of bidding. So check and make sure your rivals have both low turnover and a willingness to pitch money. VKM does not by default.

You could probably try bleeding your big rivals this way - when I was just a small-time Cult fed I shortlisted WWE's entire roster and drove up the price tag on every guy whose term came up, then withdrew my offer if I didn't actually want them. If the AI plays by the same rules as the player, workers in negotiation won't ever accept a lower pay offer than what they've already been given.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Testekill posted:

Hidden destiny rolls. Basically some guys are destined not to be megastars in your save and you're hitting the overness cap for them.

I wish I'd known about this before I spent the better part of a year banging my head on a rock trying to get Chris Hero to Upper Midcarder.

EDIT -

Same day, poor guy.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jul 2, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried WWE 2k17's career mode and I beat the tutorial so good that Tensai put me in a tag team on RAW so I dumped my partner in the RAW opening promo before getting into a fued with WWE Champion Seth Rollins that ended at Payback with no title match even though I utterly stomped him and after that I was doing pretty good until I wound up in a fatal three-way where Finn Balor stared aimlessly while I got locked into a grappling animation with Baron Corbin and I had to Alt-F4 out of the game. Absolutely worth every penny.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

Confirming that if you switch Vince's business stats from "Mean" spending to "Flashy" in the Cpt. Charisma-based real world mod, he will engage in proper bidding wars with you. I'm trying to get Rusev and we're up to about $20k more than what he's worth after several days of bidding. So check and make sure your rivals have both low turnover and a willingness to pitch money. VKM does not by default.

You could probably try bleeding your big rivals this way - when I was just a small-time Cult fed I shortlisted WWE's entire roster and drove up the price tag on every guy whose term came up, then withdrew my offer if I didn't actually want them. If the AI plays by the same rules as the player, workers in negotiation won't ever accept a lower pay offer than what they've already been given.

That makes sense, WWE weren't afraid to get in bidding wars with me, but they'd always bow out at a level that was clearly way too low. I didn't really consider the owner settings having that big of an impact, but I can see how they would. I think I'll edit all of the main opposition owners to be way more aggressive, might be too late, but it could liven things up. At least make me think about whether I really want to keep certain people.

I am the owner of my promotion, but I'm also making ridiculously massive profits even having signed everyone of interest to me. Once you can put on successful PPVs the money just pours in and you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Start a new company!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

Start a new company!

Despite my issues I'm still pretty invested in this game, I'm sure at some point I will start over and I might go for the 'start at backyard booker level, edit other promotions to be merciless' strat and see how long I can survive.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Hmm I wonder who's jerking me around

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Basic Chunnel posted:

Hmm I wonder who's jerking me around

Funnily enough, known shitheads are more likely to talk poo poo and underplay talent.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Kana got a Hogan mindset to go with the Hogan push (I just had her take a stunt bump and lose to Io Shirai at PPV)

Meanwhile by stroke of luck my low-level drug testing regimen caught Kevin Steen's painkiller abuse literally the day before the penultimate yearly PPV, where I was going to push him strong through the new cycle. Caught him on the way out of a 6 minute hype promo on a B-show. So I had him eat the pin to Sami and gently caress off to rehab for 9 months.

Brought in Ziggler when he was literally the #1 ranked wrestler on earth and fed him to KENTA because gently caress Ziggler. Okada's on loan from NJPW (burned my bridges with my old podunk alliance to join NJPW world, mainly so I could poach their guys safely - can't sign guys from a fed you're in a working agreement with) and he's slotted in against KENTA at my WM equivalent next month.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/881720899065466881

And the guy that runs the twitter (plus much much more) said on Steam Community that he expects people to make collections on Steam Workshop so I guess that confirms you'll be able to download packs.

quote:

I expect that people will create Collections to easily distribute rosters:
https://www.bisecthosting.com/clients/knowledgebase/94/How-to-create-a-Steam-Workshop-collection.html

_____

Wrestlers can be organized into Promotions and Stables, promotions are large teams while stables are small teams within a promotion. So yup, you can easily assign/remove/transfer wrestlers to teams.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 3, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Now my question is how easily I'll be able to model Zoya the Destroyer.

(And WWE 2k18, same question.)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

And the guy that runs the twitter (plus much much more) said on Steam Community that he expects people to make collections on Steam Workshop so I guess that confirms you'll be able to download packs.
Yeah, Steam Workshop has a "Collections" system, which basically lets you collate together a series of workshop entries that you or anyone else made and lets you subscribe to all of them with one click.

So someone could make, like, a WWE collection, or a VGCW collection, or a Bob's Favorite Fake Fightmans collection, or a wrestlers-that-have-used-a-slur-on-camera collection, and you'd be able to use those to get a big crop of characters in one fell swoop.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm surprised how many people don't know about the Steam Workshop mod support. For games like this that allow true modding and don't try to use it to crowdsource DLC, it's a godsend.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I can't wait to play the new Fire Pro when it comes out on PS4.

And a month later, once good versions of all the real wrestlers you want are up for download.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

Kana got a Hogan mindset to go with the Hogan push (I just had her take a stunt bump and lose to Io Shirai at PPV)

Meanwhile by stroke of luck my low-level drug testing regimen caught Kevin Steen's painkiller abuse literally the day before the penultimate yearly PPV, where I was going to push him strong through the new cycle. Caught him on the way out of a 6 minute hype promo on a B-show. So I had him eat the pin to Sami and gently caress off to rehab for 9 months.

Brought in Ziggler when he was literally the #1 ranked wrestler on earth and fed him to KENTA because gently caress Ziggler. Okada's on loan from NJPW (burned my bridges with my old podunk alliance to join NJPW world, mainly so I could poach their guys safely - can't sign guys from a fed you're in a working agreement with) and he's slotted in against KENTA at my WM equivalent next month.

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Steen AND Dolph Ziggler gets jobbed out? Now that's a show everyone can enjoy

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Due to a clerical error, Paul Heyman (authority figure, basically Dario Cueto of BCW insofar as he appears in nearly every angle and knocks every one out of the park) has been saddled with Jake Roberts as a manager, and they're a really great pairing. I don't know how that works but I'm allowing it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The Kins posted:

a wrestlers-that-have-used-a-slur-on-camera collection

I only have so much hard drive space dude.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

Due to a clerical error, Paul Heyman (authority figure, basically Dario Cueto of BCW insofar as he appears in nearly every angle and knocks every one out of the park) has been saddled with Jake Roberts as a manager, and they're a really great pairing. I don't know how that works but I'm allowing it.

I'm going to assume Jake is just lurking in the background looking ominous. No one knows why he's there, but no one wants to be the one to ask him to leave.

I have to take back all complaints about my game's WWE, as they just put over Bo Dallas as the new WWE Champ at Summerslam. What a time to be alive

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
Sent a goonworldorder request as LeBowski. Thanks!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

JK! posted:

Sent a goonworldorder request as LeBowski. Thanks!

You're in, but be warned, the place is mostly dead since there's really no point to factions.

edit:

Considering Okada is booked to go over, it's probably for the best he reconsidered.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 4, 2017

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

ShootaBoy posted:

You're in, but be warned, the place is mostly dead since there's really no point to factions.

Yeah, since Faction Feuds are terrible the only benefit you get is an occasional reward which is usually 500 coins and a random prop. I think they're trying to fix it with the new Events, though, so it may well get better.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/882107848410275840

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Julio Cruz posted:

Yeah, since Faction Feuds are terrible the only benefit you get is an occasional reward which is usually 500 coins and a random prop. I think they're trying to fix it with the new Events, though, so it may well get better.

Faction feud sucks but if you get into one of the top five factions you get flooded with benefactor bags which have assloads of coins in them (10-30k each if coins, otherwise props or health packs). They expect really high scores in faction feud though. But a top fourth to tenth place spot in faction feud also gets you 350k coins.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Details on Fire Pro's online play

quote:

If you want to jump in on the action, you can search for a Quick Match (find all open rooms, parameters be damned), a Custom Match (narrow down results with search parameters), or host a match by creating your own room.

As host, you can set the number of participants, the opponent to either CPU or human, playstyle (“Pro Wrestling” if you want to work an entertaining match, “Cement” if winning is the only thing that matters), game mode, match rules (deathmatch, MMA etc.) and connection speed. For VS human matches you can set the desired skill level of your opponent (to prevent unintentional squash matches) and for VS CPU matches you can set the upper-limit on edit points to keep wrestlers evenly-matched.
You can also lock the room with a password for private matches with friends.

Single 1-v-1 matches will be available at launch while CPU-vs-CPU simmed matches will support up to 4 wrestlers. We plan to increase the number of available participants during Early Access.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/564230/announcements/detail/1343611811968223665

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I tweeted at them to put work/shoot for Online Play so I am self-satisfied at the Pro Wrestling/Cement option, even if they probably just came up with it themselves.

Also, here's Dragon Lee's corner stomp
http://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/882506865006960640

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Apparently 2k18 will allow 8 wrestlers in a match at once. If the game runs smoothly with this, then I might buy it. It won't.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

6-mans have always been full of glitches, so this is excellent news for glitch fans

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who cares bring back story creator I need my VGCW god drat it

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Oh not that anyone wouldn't have already guessed this as soon as he was announced for the HOF but Kurt Angle is in this year's Nakamura role of preorder "exclusive" / delayed DLC.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Oh not that anyone wouldn't have already guessed this as soon as he was announced for the HOF but Kurt Angle is in this year's Nakamura role of preorder "exclusive" / delayed DLC.

no he's pre-order like goldberg was last year, so he'll be made available to buy earlier than that. Nakamura was phsyical $120 collector edition.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Still trying to learn TEW and I thought going with a 2005 mod would be good, I could recognize good people without them already being huge megastars. Already nabbed the likes of Okada, Chris Hero, Aries, Cesaro, Galloway, Devitt, Ambrose, Rollins, Karl Anderson, Riccochet, Luke Harper, and the Young Bucks, but past those really obvious ones I don't know enough of the current big guys indie names and poo poo.

Basically I'd like some recommendations on talent to look out for around 2005 ish.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

edit- beaten

https://fireproworld.com/2017/07/04/dev-blog-3-online-settings/

This sounds pretty cool, putting on a match or shoot and putting a cap on edit points can use online.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

drat it's happening again

(Page is pegged by Creative as having the highest ceiling of anyone under 30 on the roster)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

drat it's happening again

(Page is pegged by Creative as having the highest ceiling of anyone under 30 on the roster)

Fire Kana.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kana seems like she's kind of a bitch

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That's the only time I've seen the same person so consistently negative of others on the roster. nthing that Asuka be fired

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Kana's pretty harmless once you get wise to her games. She's more of a passive underminer - unless she starts actively hurting the locker room atmosphere she'll be pulling duty as a high card jobber until her contract runs out.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

It seems like Sami and Kana are commenting on two different aspects of Adam Page. Sami is commenting on his in-ring ability, Kana is commenting on his charisma. Out of curiosity, what is Adam Page's current charisma stat? I have a similar situation in my 2001 game where Scott Steiner and Vampiro are constantly burying younger workers while Ric Flair and DDP are constantly telling me how I should give more microphone time to Jamie Knoble and Brian Kendrick. I usually just ignore the negative comments. It's not like I can't see their stats anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Takuan posted:

It seems like Sami and Kana are commenting on two different aspects of Adam Page. Sami is commenting on his in-ring ability, Kana is commenting on his charisma. Out of curiosity, what is Adam Page's current charisma stat? I have a similar situation in my 2001 game where Scott Steiner and Vampiro are constantly burying younger workers while Ric Flair and DDP are constantly telling me how I should give more microphone time to Jamie Knoble and Brian Kendrick. I usually just ignore the negative comments. It's not like I can't see their stats anyway.

I like when big guys constantly spam me with 'So and so is too small, fire them and hire someone better'